Free month of xbox live gold is working again! [DEAD as of 01/28/2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This still isn't working for me. I'm still getting the same error message that I posted yesterday. I tried selecting my Xbox Live Free under my account subscription information on my xbox and verified that I was indeed silver on the website. Could it be because my account is Canadian? I do realize the OP says it's for US accounts, however every previous offer always worked for me (even the US links) and Namaurashi said they've encountered the same message that I did and eventually it worked. Has anyone managed to get this to work outside of the US region?

I have stayed away from this due to rumors of banning last time around. And I will continue to not do this deal. Use at your own risk.
Those who were banned because of stacking the free 1-months using an exploit or getting those free games on the marketplace exploit during late summer.

I've been using the free 1-months method since it's been found out day 1. No ban yet or for my friends. Haven't paid for my gold sub in over 2+ years.

A friend of mine actually asked microsoft support about these (don't blame me, I never even told him, he was the one who told me), and they aren't aware. They advised though that if you can see it on one computer and you don't see it on another, it's best you don't do it. They said they're already looking into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did this once and won't do it again. I think doing it 1-3 times shouldn't worry you too much but using it lots of times will result in Microsoft labeling it as "Abusing" and maybe a ban would be handed out. Although, the other post was spot on. The bans were handed out only to those who stacked and got the free games from different countries or something. So yeah, wait until your 1 month trial expires. Wait a few days to lower suspicions and then use the link again. Doing it a few times won't hurt, although it doesn't mean you are completely safe.

Overall, to be super safe don't try it at all. If you just want gold for a month, then one time use shouldn't be ban worthy. But if you are planning it to use for year-round, be careful because Microsoft takes that seriously.

Looks like it is dead, it doesn't even give the "this offer isn't available to you" kind of deal. It gives me the option to purchase a month or a year now.

A friend of mine actually asked microsoft support about these (don't blame me, I never even told him, he was the one who told me), and they aren't aware. They advised though that if you can see it on one computer and you don't see it on another, it's best you don't do it. They said they're already looking into it.
Thank him for killing it. That imbecile! :wall:

One of the most idiotic human beings on the planet that friend of yours. I have to report that indeed, THE PROMOTION HAS STOPPED WORKING! *facepalm*

please if that is a troll tell us now!

Could it really have been that one person? It doesn't take a genius to google this and I expect Microsoft customer service could do that much.

Although the timing is very coincidental. I still can't believe some of you have been using this for years and it still flew under the radar!

I expect SlickDeals did this in. That site receives heavy volumes of casual traffic, with tons of people probably abusing it again to make money.

If anything, eBay killed this. I remember searching for an xbox live prepaid card, and there are hundreds, if not thousands, of listings to people selling this link.

Well, I got my cancellation of subscription confirmation and followed the link (had other msn acct open that isn't tied to live), and my msn account w/ an old silver had the option for the free month.  I signed out then into my actual live account and it didn't show up.  However, I forgot that you need silver and my sub will expire probably in the next cpl hours or sooner.  Perhaps once it kicks out, this one will work.  I'll report back on my findings.

ahhh shittt! My XBL Gold just ran out today. Ughh guess I'll wait a few days and then decide if I want to use the 12-month subscription card I bought last year.

Using the link in the first post just takes me to a page where I can select 1 month XBL Gold for $9.99 or 12 months gold for $59.99. Same on desktop and mobile.

ahhh shittt! My XBL Gold just ran out today. Ughh guess I'll wait a few days and then decide if I want to use the 12-month subscription card I bought last year.

Using the link in the first post just takes me to a page where I can select 1 month XBL Gold for $9.99 or 12 months gold for $59.99. Same on desktop and mobile.
I mean, you COULD just make a new account and you'll have it on your Xbox, but it won't be account linked. I would just use your 12 month on the 15th so you can maximize your time. Unless they have a great Gold only deal next week, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back