Free SCEA game for those who had memory cards erased by demo.

when I heard about the VJ2 error i kinda of... cut the disc up into shards which are laying on my desk. Could I send those in? (there are 7 big pieces)

I still have my disc, luckily Sony and Capcom both sent me emails before i played the thing. got rid of my old PS2 so I cant play it any way.

*wonders if its worth the trouble to get a free game*

negative. If your willing to go through the problems and send it in ill buy the game right off you and you could have them send it to my house directly.

mine has the Viewtiful Joe 2 demo on it, although I will not be asking SONY for a free game. They let me into a lot of betas, and have been really good to me.

plus it is more fun to try and get my friend to play the Viewtiful Joe 2 demo on his PS2

[quote name='Devin']I called Sony, but how do you know what numbers to press? They don't even mention the demo disc on the menu?[/quote]

i pressed zero from customer service, then asked about the demo disk and free game.

I called SONY and it looks like I'm getting a free ATV Offroad Fury 3 (PS2). Sony still kicks ass in my book!

... For the record, Viewtiful Joe 2 sucks from what I've played. Luckily this is just an unfinished demo version. Capcom's got some work to do if they want VJ2 to live up to the first one.

[quote name='Deadpool'][quote name='GuilewasNK']Karma anyone? [-X

If you were truly affected by the glitch, then accept Sony's gracious apology. If not and you take advantage of it, then you are just re-enforcing what the Best Buy and other retailers think about us bargain hunters. Whether some of you care about what BB thinks is irrelevant. If the beliefs of BB spread to other stores then things will get worse for sites like this.[/quote]

Sony took advantage of me with the HDD. I think i'm owed something for a $100 paperweight.[/quote]

[quote name='Chris Dillon']does ny one have a xtra demo. I hate cheating them but they tricked me into buying a hd for socom and barely anything has been done with dumb thing. PLEASE i want to get atv.[/quote]

they didn't "trick" you. It's not like they made any false claims about it. Sure they didnt support it as much as you guys wished, but buying it was your own decision. :roll:

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Can you call Sony 24/7?[/quote]

No, one of the biggest multimedia companies in the world closes at 9PM. Sorry, bud.

Yes, call 24/7..

[quote name='Crono'][quote name='Devin']I called Sony, but how do you know what numbers to press? They don't even mention the demo disc on the menu?[/quote]

i pressed zero from customer service, then asked about the demo disk and free game.[/quote]

That's what I did as well, and as soon as they receive the disc, I'll be getting Sly 2. Since the destination of the demo disc is San Mateo, they should receive it quick.

Does this work if you got the disc from a friend? My buddy's basement flooded and destroyed his PS2 so he gave me his one game (Madden) and this demo. I knew about the problem before playing the demo though so nothing happened...

[quote name='javeryh']Does this work if you got the disc from a friend? My buddy's basement flooded and destroyed his PS2 so he gave me his one game (Madden) and this demo. I knew about the problem before playing the demo though so nothing happened...[/quote]

I don't see the foul, They want to get the demo out of circulation. The moral issue being that you are taking advantage of them. I think not, if it wasn't for the internet no body would have known about the problem(unless you heard from a friend). I'd just return the demo, they want the shit on plastic back anyways. They should know how many demos were released, and they should know how many to get back so I'm pretty sure they have that amount of games to give away. So I'd say go ahead.

[quote name='sisco1986'][quote name='javeryh']Does this work if you got the disc from a friend? My buddy's basement flooded and destroyed his PS2 so he gave me his one game (Madden) and this demo. I knew about the problem before playing the demo though so nothing happened...[/quote]

I don't see the foul, They want to get the demo out of circulation. The moral issue being that you are taking advantage of them. I think not, if it wasn't for the internet no body would have known about the problem(unless you heard from a friend). I'd just return the demo, they want the shit on plastic back anyways. They should know how many demos were released, and they should know how many to get back so I'm pretty sure they have that amount of games to give away. So I'd say go ahead.[/quote]

I'm just wondering if they have a list where they mailed the discs and if my name is not on it then they won't honor the deal. I don't see anything morally wrong about trading it in for the free game. They want the discs back, I have one and they have something to give me in exchange. Simple. I guess I could have it sent to my friend's house but that's just a pain in the ass...

well i just called, and the woman got my name, phone number, address, and then said she was gonna verify that i was in the computers or something..... but i'm sending in my own disc so it was ok..

You just have to be in the system, my friend gave me his disc (he has two) and I called up, I'm already in the system, so they said its cool. IF you're an underground member you're in the system

[quote name='schultzed']Actually, I have three of the holiday demo discs (my brother gave me his). One is bad (my son's), one is the new "good" one (my bro's), and I can't find the third one (my name on it). Where did I put it? I'm assuming it is the newer disc . . . I assumed they were all the same until I read this post. It may be at work . . . I was going to list it for trade last week, but I never posted it. I posted the good one last night . . . if I had two bad ones, then I could keep one but still get a game.[/quote]

Found my second "bad" disc! So, I can send one in and keep the other as a collector's item. 8)

Now I have to decide which game to get . . . probably Sly 2.

Damn it I was sooo excited, I thought it was Sly 2, I called and its Sly part 1. Damn, anyways, I went with HotShots 4, maybe i'll be able to do an even exchange for something else at some store in the after xmas return rush

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn it I was sooo excited, I thought it was Sly 2, I called and its Sly part 1. Damn, anyways, I went with HotShots 4, maybe i'll be able to do an even exchange for something else at some store in the after xmas return rush[/quote]

Oh, it is? Are you sure? Other people have said it's Sly 2.

yes i just asked for Sly 2
Also, what does it mean by "order number"?
The Sony rep guy didn't ask for that and didn't give me one, nor did he ask for my PS2 serial number.
All i have for that little note i have to send is name, address, phone, and the game i want... is that okay?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn it I was sooo excited, I thought it was Sly 2, I called and its Sly part 1. Damn, anyways, I went with HotShots 4, maybe i'll be able to do an even exchange for something else at some store in the after xmas return rush[/quote]

Oh, it is? Are you sure? Other people have said it's Sly 2.[/quote]

Yep, the Sony rep who I called said it was Sly 2.

[quote name='gameguy22006'][quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn it I was sooo excited, I thought it was Sly 2, I called and its Sly part 1. Damn, anyways, I went with HotShots 4, maybe i'll be able to do an even exchange for something else at some store in the after xmas return rush[/quote]

Oh, it is? Are you sure? Other people have said it's Sly 2.[/quote]

Yep, the Sony rep who I called said it was Sly 2.[/quote]

the rep i talked to also said it was sly 2.

thanks!!! I am going to do this right away!!! I am one of the unlucky ones that actually got my memory card erased............though................

Drats. This has me thinking - I never get demos in the mail anymore, even when I see people online discussing a new one they just got from Sony. I'm a member of G.A.P. and Underground, and I got the email from Sony warning about the VJ2 demo and its memory card destructiveness, but I didn't get the demo in the mail.

I always get brochures, postcards, and e-mails from them, but I never get the demos I see people talking about on this forum and others. Why do I get the junk but not the discs?

I wonder if someone is tampering with my mail? This has happened several times now.

I think the last time I got a demo from Sony it was Dark Cloud 2.

Bah.

-lost

somebody needs to hurry up and get their Sly game so they can tell me whether its Sly 1 or 2...

I'm going to ask for the Sly Cooper game also when I call in, but I have owned neither Sly 1 nor Sly 2, so either one would be good for me. :D

you dont ask for a game when you call in.

she just tells you the list of the games, and you have to send the demo disc and a letter with your info and the game you chose on it.

I have the disc (just got it a couple of days ago) but i dont feel like calling them for it. What do I do when I call, do I just call, tell them i had my memory card wiped by this demo disk and they will tell me i get a free game or what?

[quote name='murcielago77']I have the disc (just got it a couple of days ago) but i dont feel like calling them for it. What do I do when I call, do I just call, tell them i had my memory card wiped by this demo disk and they will tell me i get a free game or what?[/quote]
well, first you have to press a bunch of numbers (then eventually press 0, to talk to a tech support person), tell em that you played the Holiday Demo Disc, and got your memory card erased. Then what I did was ask if there was any "compensation" (which I knew there was beforehand), and it went from there

yeah i got the newer holiday disc, no joe 2 : (. I would really have liked to have recieved sly cooper 1, it's kind of hard to find around here.

[quote name='Cracka']somebody needs to hurry up and get their Sly game so they can tell me whether its Sly 1 or 2...[/quote]

I'll call again tomorrow see if I get a different answer, but the girl stated it was Sly Cooper: Thievious Racoonus I asked if it was part 2 and she said that the title didnt say part two

I'll give them a call.
Shoot, i got three of these disks, kept one disk and the coupons out of all of them, and tossed the others out. I wouldn't expect them to give me three free games, but would have been nice to keep one as a souvenir or later for Ebay. Oh well.

[quote name='lost_thought']Drats. This has me thinking - I never get demos in the mail anymore, even when I see people online discussing a new one they just got from Sony. I'm a member of G.A.P. and Underground, and I got the email from Sony warning about the VJ2 demo and its memory card destructiveness, but I didn't get the demo in the mail.

I always get brochures, postcards, and e-mails from them, but I never get the demos I see people talking about on this forum and others. Why do I get the junk but not the discs?

I wonder if someone is tampering with my mail? This has happened several times now.

I think the last time I got a demo from Sony it was Dark Cloud 2.

Bah.

-lost[/quote]

My postman stole my Playboy 4 months in a row and then he got fired and it started coming again.

Hmm.
That was easy.
Free game here I come : )
And my person did say Sly 2 Band of Thieves.

Hmm, send in for the 'gesture of goodwill', or keep a possible Ebay collector's item?

bird in the hand, I guess.

I wonder if you even need to call . . . they did not take my name or any info from me.

He just instructed me to send in my disc.

Then I called back and made sure they had my info on file.

[quote name='Sockey']when I heard about the VJ2 error i kinda of... cut the disc up into shards which are laying on my desk. Could I send those in? (there are 7 big pieces)[/quote]

I just called Sony and the rep was very cool. I asked him how am I suppose to mail the demo and he said just "in any regualr envelope the post office will accept and if it doesn't fit, feel free to cut it in half."

Also the Sly 1 or 2 question. it really is Sly 2 because when he named me the list he said you could get Sly 2 our newsest release, Atv 3 our new release, Jak 2 and so on and so on. He even described what kind of game they were when he named the list off.

Yep, I just called like 1min ago and it was easy...

My rep took my name, address, phone number and told me to mail the demo in a padded envelope. And she said it would take 2-3wks after they receive the demo...

And yeah, JAK2 and SLY2 are both on the list of games...

which brings me to my question, which is a better game: JAK2 or SLY2? I'm leaning more towards SLY2 coz its newer but JAK2 got better reviews...I've never played either series...

[quote name='Oktoberfest'][quote name='murcielago77']I have the disc (just got it a couple of days ago) but i dont feel like calling them for it. What do I do when I call, do I just call, tell them i had my memory card wiped by this demo disk and they will tell me i get a free game or what?[/quote]
well, first you have to press a bunch of numbers (then eventually press 0, to talk to a tech support person), tell em that you played the Holiday Demo Disc, and got your memory card erased. Then what I did was ask if there was any "compensation" (which I knew there was beforehand), and it went from there[/quote]

i dialed the number, i pressed 0, got a tech lady, i said i got the holiday demo disc and it erased my memory card and i heard i was supposed to send it back to get a free game, then she just got my info and told me what to do...

With all the bugged demos getting sent back to Sony I wonder how long it will be before someone keeps it, declares the demo "rare", and sells it for a lot of money on ebay....:whistle2:k

:twoguns: click....thats the sound of me getting my new sly2.....i will be very happy i get a game.... :bomb: but that dont make up for my time playing

[quote name='"GuilewasNK"']With all the bugged demos getting sent back to Sony I wonder how long it will be before someone keeps it, declares the demo "rare", and sells it for a lot of money on ebay....:whistle2:k[/quote]

good idea then you can have the game that sony messed up on :lol: :error:

bread's done
Back