Free SCEA game for those who had memory cards erased by demo.

well, it IS a freebie. not like you're really entitled to a mint, sellable product. Atleast it tells me not to get too excited about which ever game I choose.

yeah it sucks, mine has a hole in it too.. getting a free game is definetly cool, but losing everything on my memory card wasnt worth it especially now that i realize i have a case that has a hole in it and an instruction booklet with a fat ass hole in it too.

[quote name='Alpha2']well, it IS a freebie. not like you're really entitled to a mint, sellable product. Atleast it tells me not to get too excited about which ever game I choose.[/quote]

Yep, I'm just happy Sony responded to the problem with a free game. It's pretty cool and having a hole on the box doesnt bother me too much

i just got off the phone with one of their representatives and he was very kind a polite. im wondering how you send your game disk back to them. he said something about PO Box, but i couldn't really understand him and then my phone decided to be gay and hung up. wondering how to send the game disk properly back to them

thanks,

hM

you guys are now bitching that your free game has a hole in it! YOU GOT A FRICKING FREE GAME AND YOU STILL COMPLAIN! The whole point of the hole is that you can not try to sell it or return it to a store. Now ebay is a different story! :) anyways this is really cool of sony but sucks people complain either way. Now what if sony didn't do this and your mem was wipped? I don't think its very nice to bitch and complain about It. If I was sony and saw people bitching and complaing about their free games I wouldn't do it again. Its not sonys fault your game got wipped its the demo of viet joe. I say they were responisble. Guys suck it up. Enjoy your free game. And if you don't want it sell. It give it away. Whatever. But there is no need to complain cause they maked the merchindise so you coiuldn't rip off another retail store or local person. Rants done now.

Cheapgamer11 - just get an envelope big enough, you can get a disk mailer for like a buck at Dwayne Reade (or what ever other convience store) or the post office, and send it back to them with a note about the problem and which of the specified games you want in exchange.

Unless you want to make it official and just calle them again for the address, which I think was already posted a couple of times in this thread.

As for the hole in the game box, I say just tell your friends you got shot at while buying GTA san andreas and you used that to deflect the bullet.

ok, but do i need a disk mailer?? or can i just get a big enough envelope and stick it in a mail box, or do i need to send it inside the post office

thanks,

hM

Any envelope you can fit a disk in is fine, someone said ealier that you could even cut it in half if you need to.... I dont recomend that though as disks can be messy.

[quote name='PHaLaNX GTR'][quote name='Alpha2']Exactly how does ATV3 use the HDD? I'm sorta conflicted between this and Jak2.[/quote]

Downloadable content. According to IGN, new parts, ATVs, riders, and tracks.

"It's hard to comment on the stability and performance of the network at this point, given that the bulk of the players ready to buy-in to ATV don't even have that option yet, but everything we have played has thus far been smooth and lag-free, but still somewhat dependent on the connections of those we played with. Regardless of that, the amount of presentational consideration that has been applied to Fury is nothing short of astounding for a console title. We have a game that supports the headset, incorporates message boards, chat rooms, instant messaging, and even boasts a functional stat tracker and clan-based play. It's the complete package. As if that weren't enough, Sony and Climax promise full hard drive support that doesn't stop at the enduro tracks players can set their own waypoints on. They imply that anything from new parts to new ATVs to new tracks to new riders are all coming down the pipe. With all of that, ATV 3 will keep its fan base happy for a very, very long time." - IGN review.[/quote]

Because I am sure that this time Sony will keep their promises about the HDD.

Free's free.
If I trade in a free demo disk, for a free full game, I can deal with a hole. I'd prefer the manual not have a hole in it, but as long as the game disk doesn't, not a big deal for me.
At least for Hot Shots Golf, it's fitting....they put a Hole in One...

I just stuck my disk and the cardboard case it came in, in a 8.5x11 mailing envelope [not padded], with a letter. The cardboard case is sturdy enough, and I'm sure SCEA will destroy the disks anyway. 83 cents postage, plus about a 15 cent envelope [I borrowed mine from work].

Just because they no longer make the HDD capable machines dosent mean they'll suddenly never make anything that uses it ever again, there are still people out there with the HDD.

I'll probably get ATV3 myself since I didn;t bother getting the first Jak game.

i sent mine early last week, so i hope to get mine soon too!!! ATV off road fury 3!!! im excited!

and dont worry about the hole for gods sake. You just got a free game.........

I keep getting lost in Sony's many pre-recorded menus. Which menu do I go into to get the correct person to talk to about the VJ2 demo disc?

Whatever it takes to speak to a live person; usually 0, or, just don't push anything and usually that'll eventually take you to a CSR.

[quote name='slimymeteor']I keep getting lost in Sony's many pre-recorded menus. Which menu do I go into to get the correct person to talk to about the VJ2 demo disc?[/quote]

Hit zero and tell them your sob story.

[quote name='sandrockgundam219']I'm actually in Wisconsin, i can't believe how fast it went.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm in Minnesota and got mine yesterday so I'm also suprised at how fast they are getting sent out.

[quote name='slimymeteor']Yes, because they give you a certain order number that you need to send with the demo disc to receive your free game.[/quote]

The lady I talked to didn't give me an order number nor told me to write one down. Then again........I still haven't received my game...

[quote name='dastly75'][quote name='slimymeteor']Yes, because they give you a certain order number that you need to send with the demo disc to receive your free game.[/quote]

The lady I talked to didn't give me an order number nor told me to write one down. Then again........I still haven't received my game...[/quote]

same

I called, told them about what happened. They fed me some crap about how sorry they were and said pick a free game on there list. They then told me to write down the information which was the address, and the also to me to include a letter with the demo saying where I lived,name and what game I wanted. I did everything like they said, I also didn't get any order number. Sent it out on a Saturday evening, and got it 9 days later.

Don't get all antsy over the game, it may take a week it may take a month but your going to get it, and if you don't ah well it's a free game,your not going to get your saved games back.

So pretty much all that I have to do is call that number, hit 0 for the operator. Tell them that I am calling about the demo, and then tell them that it erased my memory card. And then they will ask what game I want?

Sounds good to me!

The CSR that I talked to not only didn't give me an order number, but he also didn't take any of my information...

I mailed it in last Friday, and I will post what does (or does not) happen with it.

I just called yesterday and sent it out today. All they did was take my info, asked for some number on the demo disk, and ask me if my memory card still works (if you say no they will ask you to send them your memory card and they will send you a new one). They also told me what games I could pick and that they would send me the game when they received my demo, and also to send a note. Then the person talked for about 5 minutes saying sorry for what happened.

I just got my free copy of Sly 2, and for some reason there is this hole on the case, you could already see through the hole. The game isn't damaged or anything, but it's weird though.

Edit: I just read through some of the posts and found out that I'm not the only one with hole on the game case.

I personally think the hole in the case is a good idea. Sony is nice enough to send you the game. And the game is meant for you not for you to sell or take to some store.
Also are the games sealed besides the hole in the case or are they open?

[quote name='whoknows']I personally think the hole in the case is a good idea. Sony is nice enough to send you the game. And the game is meant for you not for you to sell or take to some store.
Also are the games sealed besides the hole in the case or are they open?[/quote]

I don't think a .5 mm hole will do stop you from selling it even if you wanted too. Nope if I remember right mine didn't have the plastic wrap on it (i would remember but I've opened over 20 games/dvd's this week )

Hmmph, I'm still waiting. I am usually patient, but I want my free game now. Waah, waah, waah. :) Seriously though, I am getting a tab impatient. I'll have to double-check how long that I have been waiting.

Good, I'm glad to hear some people are getting their games. I mailed mine in about three weeks ago (or more), so I should get it relatively soon. This hole in the case thing is interesting, though.

So, does the game come like a new game? Meaning, does it come in case, w/ the insert, game, and manual w/ a seal along the top? Then, does this hole go through the insert?

I can understand SCEA wanting to "tag" these copies, but what about us folks who like their collection of games in mint condition?

You can always buy a brand new game....
Sony messed up with the VJ2 demo. they're trying to recall the disks. They don't *have* to do anything, but they're giving away thousands of dollars worth of games as a gesture of goodwill.
And people are complaining because they don't like any of the free games, or they have a hole in it.

I sent my letter 12/08, and am impatient as well, but I always am when I'm 'expecting' something in the mail.

You can certainly sell the game or trade it in as used; the hole is simply so you can't take it to Best Buy and 'return' it for a gift card.
I've traded in 'Not for Resale' and holepunched games before.

I still didn't recieve my ATV Offroad Fury 3, but I sent Sony the demo disc like on December 6th or so. Should I give them a call?

What do you know....I got mine today. It has the hole. It's not that bad, I suppose. But why? I mean, some stores would still take it back. Just seems like a silly thing to do.

BTW.....I did get Sly 2, not Sly 1 like some people said we'd get.

Got mine today, came rather fast. I mailed it in this past Thursday (12/16) and it came via FedEx today.

My Sly 2 had a hole also, but for some reason it was in the opposite corner of the bar code, which totally defeats the purpose of the hole. Thankfully the booklet wasn't damaged.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Got mine today, came rather fast. I mailed it in this past Thursday (12/16) and it came via FedEx today.

My Sly 2 had a hole also, but for some reason it was in the opposite corner of the bar code, which totally defeats the purpose of the hole. Thankfully the booklet wasn't damaged.[/quote]

You got lucky, the hole in my copy of Sly 2 went right through the booklet, but still this was a nice deal and its cool that Sony is doing this .

FedEx? Really? I would have thought they'd just drop them in the mail.
How has everyone else who's gotten the game, gotten it? I was kinda expected something today, but the Fedex truck already came thru my neighbourhood.

Just got my today by Fed EX. God damn! The hole went through the entire case and it broke the manual holder clip too. It look like someone took a hole puncher on the case. At least I got a free game though!

[quote name='CouRageouS']Got mine today, came rather fast. I mailed it in this past Thursday (12/16) and it came via FedEx today.

My Sly 2 had a hole also, but for some reason it was in the opposite corner of the bar code, which totally defeats the purpose of the hole. Thankfully the booklet wasn't damaged.[/quote]

here here.

[quote name='Skitzle']Hey OP, how sure are you that sly 2's on the list. Could it possibly be sly 1?[/quote]

totally off topic but man, Danger Mouse was the deal back in the day. I never meet anyone that remembers that cartoon.

[quote name='diggityjones'][quote name='Skitzle']Hey OP, how sure are you that sly 2's on the list. Could it possibly be sly 1?[/quote]

totally off topic but man, Danger Mouse was the deal back in the day. I never meet anyone that remembers that cartoon.[/quote]

Well then here's at least one more person who remembers. I used to watch that all the time when I was a kid!

bread's done
Back