Free SCEA game for those who had memory cards erased by demo.

When I called the girl told me Sly Cooper 1 not Sly Cooper 2 and I did not press the issue with her. Do you think I will screw things up if I put that I want Sly 2 as my free game when I send the demo back?

[quote name='smalien1']Write Killzone and see what happemns[/quote]

amen to that...

Yeah, if you can get Killzone (or Rachet and Clank Going Commando or Jak3) then those would be the best to choose from... but sony wants to force certain titles... soo... mybe try pushing. Personaly I am going to get Sly2 but if Rachet is available then whammo to that....

Talk about catching a bad case of the DREs at the wrong time....anyways i think my memory card needs formatted......stupid stupid 4kb "corrupted" space or whatever bugs the hell out of me.....i guess by the time i get around to sending her in i'll be holding on to the "rare" collectors item......ebay here i come :twisted: i'll make millions....mwahaha

anywho it turned out to be just the "tool" i needed to try to help out my memory card

[quote name='Rig']I received two of the Holiday 2004 discs from Sony, and they were both the same, and neither have VJ2 on them.[/quote]

Ditto :( Though I should be glad, the very first thing I would've done was play it :)

I got two copies . . . so, I'm keeping one . . . I doubt it would ever be worth much money . . . a strange thing to collect?!?!?

I thought about pushing for a better game . . . I doubt that Sony would go for it . . . they'll probably just send you a letter with the set game choices.

Meanwhile your whole return enters into limbo.

I think asking for Killzone is going too far . . . bad karma . . . stick to the deal.

Being a leader in the industry is not all it's cracked up to be. Second-class competitors snipe at our every move, kids tease us about our husky silhouette, and monsters are always chapping our behind, all of which forces us to hide our sensitive side under a plucky, who-loves-ya-baby facade. And yet, in our quiet, reflective moments, we never stop wondering: Do they like us? No, really, do they like us?

Send us your comments about anything even vaguely related to the PlayStation world.

here is the info from the official site

CORPORATE OFFICES

Sony Computer Entertainment America
PO Box 5888
San Mateo, CA 94402-0888
800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)
M-SAT 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. PST
Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m

I called today. I told the guy I wanted Sly 2. He said he wasnt sure if it was Sly 2 or the first game.

So should I just write down "Sly" on the note?

Jkam what did they tell you?

[quote name='SINNED']I called today. I told the guy I wanted Sly 2. He said he wasnt sure if it was Sly 2 or the first game.

So should I just write down "Sly" on the note?

Jkam what did they tell you?[/quote]

Put Sly 2 so even if they don't have any copies they can wait till they have more and then send you one.

[quote name='dpatel'][quote name='Deadpool']Sony took advantage of me with the HDD. I think i'm owed something for a $100 paperweight.[/quote]

[quote name='Chris Dillon']does ny one have a xtra demo. I hate cheating them but they tricked me into buying a hd for socom and barely anything has been done with dumb thing. PLEASE i want to get atv.[/quote]

they didn't "trick" you. It's not like they made any false claims about it. Sure they didnt support it as much as you guys wished, but buying it was your own decision. :roll:[/quote]

The irony in this is that ATV3 supports the HDD. That game is still available, right? I'm going to call them today.

Just called and, as somebody already mentioned, the representive stated that they just wanted to remove the disc from circulation. Of course he apologised about the inconvinience of VJ2, as he read the statement off the proverbial teleprompter. They don't care if you played it or not, it's their liability and they want to minimize any further complaints and disatisfaction.

By the way, if it hasn't already been mentioned, once they recieve the disc, which has to be traced or insured, the wait time for the complimentary game within 2-3 weeks.

Pshaw. Anyone else own a Sega 32x? Don't talk about getting 'tricked' until you buy one of those. Preordered. Full price.
Went back and read some old Sega Visions magazines that mentioned it....."The 32x will allow you to enjoy next-gen games, before the next generation of consoles [which was like 8 months down the road]." Reading those articles with a more adult, critical eye really led me to think, What the hell was I thinking buying that?
A year later, I bought one for my brother....for ten bucks...

How do you guy send the Demo back to Sony? How much does it cost? I don't want to pay 1st Priority ship that cost me $1.50 for that.

can someone verify this adress for me? The rep's voice is not very clear (like he's sleeping or something:

SCEA Attn: Demo
po box 5888
san mateo, ca 954402-0888

[quote name='mgsvr']can someone verify this adress for me? The rep's voice is not very clear (like he's sleeping or something:

SCEA Attn: Demo
po box 5888
san mateo, ca 954402-0888[/quote]

That is correct sir!

Thanks guy! I guess I made a mistake when I write that zip down. Anyway, I plan to put my demo disc into a little cd envelope and send it to Sony. How much stamp is needed for the CD's weight? Or should I go to the post office and send through 1st priority?

ps: Sly 2.....rock!

Why would the shipping matter? Find an envelope or small package it fits in, take it to the post office, and ask them what the cheapest shipping method is! It's not like you care if it gets manhandled or not. As long as they get the disc, you are fine...

The thing is...some people don't like to get in a long line at the post office. They rather put in some stamp and put in the mail box, and wait for the mail man to get it instead.

[quote name='mgsvr']The thing is...some people don't like to get in a long line at the post office. They rather put in some stamp and put in the mail box, and wait for the mail man to get it instead.[/quote]

Well then, if you are too lazy to go to the post office, waste about $3 on stamps and it will surely be sent... :roll:

[quote name='Alpha2']Exactly how does ATV3 use the HDD? I'm sorta conflicted between this and Jak2.[/quote]

Downloadable content. According to IGN, new parts, ATVs, riders, and tracks.

"It's hard to comment on the stability and performance of the network at this point, given that the bulk of the players ready to buy-in to ATV don't even have that option yet, but everything we have played has thus far been smooth and lag-free, but still somewhat dependent on the connections of those we played with. Regardless of that, the amount of presentational consideration that has been applied to Fury is nothing short of astounding for a console title. We have a game that supports the headset, incorporates message boards, chat rooms, instant messaging, and even boasts a functional stat tracker and clan-based play. It's the complete package. As if that weren't enough, Sony and Climax promise full hard drive support that doesn't stop at the enduro tracks players can set their own waypoints on. They imply that anything from new parts to new ATVs to new tracks to new riders are all coming down the pipe. With all of that, ATV 3 will keep its fan base happy for a very, very long time." - IGN review.

wooo so far I found 2 of these (around 7 each with shipping) Im hanging on to them no reason to send them back to sony. I would have a collectors item then a old sealed game

[quote name='slidecage']wooo so far I found 2 of these (around 7 each with shipping) Im hanging on to them no reason to send them back to sony. I would have a collectors item then a old sealed game[/quote]

:rofl:

That's very logical.

well, if you dont really feel like lying to sony, there's still hope!

All of these games will probably go down in price since so many people will be selling their free copies

(sorry if this was posted before, i just dont feel like going through all the pages)

I wonder what Sony would do if I sent them one of my Holiday 2004 demos without VJ2 on it? I may just do that, at least for a laugh! :D

TYhis is the "deal" that I have a prob with. You are blantlently lieing to get. You know damn well that your memory card was not erased. And your trying to cash in. Its very great of sony to do that for the people that had this happen to them I have the hloiday disc with metal gear on it. Im not going to call sony to get a free game out of them cause nothing happened to my memeory. I'm with Jsweeney on this one. Its wrong! Its like collecting welfare when you are rich!

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']TYhis is the "deal" that I have a prob with. You are blantlently lieing to get. You know damn well that your memory card was not erased. And your trying to cash in. Its very great of sony to do that for the people that had this happen to them I have the hloiday disc with metal gear on it. Im not going to call sony to get a free game out of them cause nothing happened to my memeory. I'm with Jsweeney on this one. Its wrong! Its like collecting welfare when you are rich![/quote]

If you were posting to me, I am not going to call them for a free game. I don't even have the disc that had the bad demo. That whole post was a joke. Sony would probably laugh at me for sending the non-bugged demo to them. Also, someone posted earlier that the Sony rep told them it didn't matter if your card got erased or not; Sony just wants to get them back. Look a couple pages back for that info.

Oh no Rig it wasn't ment for you. it was for the whole post really. I don't agree with this one. Its great if you did have a memory wipe from the demo and you should be compensated for that however the scamming and people buying on ebay just to call sony to get a freebie is wrong. Im a cheapass but not a cheapass lying theif. Thats what you make cag sound like is a bunch of thivese trying to ripp people off. Thats why many stores have problems with us. (bestbuy to start the list)

I dont see why anyone would buy them off ebay, thats just ridiculous and a waste of money, the only game on the list worth scamming for is ATV3 because all the other games are or will be 20 bucks by the end of january if they arnt already.

If A person spends more than 10 bucks for this disk they're ripping themselves off, I wouldnt worry about them.

OMG...Sony is a damn rich ()*^(*(#)$(&*% company, so why should they care even though some people doesn't have their mem erased. Just take the offer from the rich one!

Yay! I just got my game. I asked for Jak 2 and that's what I got.

I'm only wondering why there's a hole drilled in the bottom right corner of the box...
Anybody know?

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Oh no Rig it wasn't ment for you. it was for the whole post really. I don't agree with this one. Its great if you did have a memory wipe from the demo and you should be compensated for that however the scamming and people buying on ebay just to call sony to get a freebie is wrong. Im a cheapass but not a cheapass lying theif. Thats what you make cag sound like is a bunch of thivese trying to ripp people off. Thats why many stores have problems with us. (bestbuy to start the list)[/quote]

No problem. Sorry for being kind of rude to you. I just posted as a joke, becuase I agree, I don't think people should be buying these demos up to get a free game. :D

[quote name='Psyc']Yay! I just got my game. I asked for Jak 2 and that's what I got.

I'm only wondering why there's a hole drilled in the bottom right corner of the box...
Anybody know?[/quote]

Really? That was quite quick; when did you call in/send in your disk?
That's called a 'cutout', they do that for CD's and DVD's too, that are given away as promotions [like to or via radio stations].

Also, when I called they did say 'we are trying to remove bad product from the street' or something.

i got 2 of them off ebay (7 each shipped) and have no plans on trying to get a free game off sony... I just wanted the game cause this will be a collectors item cause everyone is sending their games back to sony... in a few years it could be worth 1 trillion dollars :D ...... No really i would just like to keep it as a collectors item.. I still have the tetris game that was recalled by Nintendo (picked it off a friend 5 years back for 90 bucks).

[quote name='Psyc']I sent my letter and disc last monday (12/06/04).

Why do they cut into in though? It went right through the manual..[/quote]

Whoops...usually they're more careful with that.
It's probably so you can't return them to a store or sell them as new. I've gotten review copies of DVD's or CD's, and they've either had 'Review Copy-Not for Sale' instead of a UPC, or the UPC has been cut out.
Check the first couple pages of a paperback book; many of them will say 'If you purchased this book without a front cover, it was meant to be destroyed and you bought something that wasn't meant to be sold' or something like that.

Got my game today (Hot Shots Golf Fore!). I understand why they punched a hole through the UPC bar code, but through the WHOLE CASE? Ugh. I wished they could have removed the cover and punched a hole on the back only. Now I have a hole throguh the cover art, the manual and the case.

bread's done
Back