Free Shipping at Half.com

fueledbytrueman

CAGiversary!
Free shipping at half.com (up to $25 worth) with code FREESHIP. Must have a $10 minimum purchase.

Not sure how long this will last. I used it to get a bunch of old Genesis & 64 games, though you may find some good deals on newer gen games too.

Thanks for this! Opened a 2nd account, ended up buying around 15 books for 22 dollars, between the 2 orders.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']fuck fuck fuck fuck I need to stop buying stuff.

Why did I remember that I collect strategy guides? I just put in another order for 13 brand new guides for $36 shipped and then another order for 8 previous-gen guides for $11. I bought the 13 brand new guides from this seller -->

http://shops.half.ebay.com/sonicthehedgehog06_W0QQsortZ8506QQsoZ1QQ_trksidZp2919QQmZbooks

I kept recognizing his name. :razz: I sent him a message to see if he would put all the guides in a flat rate box instead of using media mail. You know this guy works at Gamestop or Best Buy when you look at his storefront.

The previous-gen guides were mostly .75 cents. :razz:[/QUOTE]

Lol similar thing happened to me, after buying my stuff I thought.. wait what the fuck did I just do?

I already own Metal Gear (But the GH version), I never really liked FFXII (but yet I still bought it), Naughty Bear was a terrible game (but $6 just for the cheap laughs seemed okay)

All those games I've already beat and bought before, but I couldn't say no for $6 games, and although I felt I got kicked in the nuts for buying almost $100 worth of old games. I just couldn't say no to a Deluxe Edition of Demon's Souls. Just hoping the seller described it correctly.

One of the sellers mis-listed an item and refunded me. It appears Half is actually refunding me the shipping payment I never paid for.

I never buy used, but these were still cheap nonetheless:

Radiata Stories
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Dead Head Fred
Wipeout Pulse
Wreckless

Some other random super cheap new PS2/Xbox games for case replacement.

How are you guys dealing with multiple orders? Can I just make a couple orders on my same account or do I need to make new ones? Also is it okay if I use the same payment and shipping info if I have to make different accounts?

I started looking for books and now I have roughly 30+ tabs open with a book a page. Haha oh my.

Well, I JUST had to do this again. I figured I'd get a few old PS2 games on this order. Kinda worries me that most of the games I purchase this time they didn't even go ahead and put an actual description. Only "Like New" or "Very Good". But figuring how Half.com rates condition, these games should come with their original cases & manuals. Anyways, here's what I got.

Onimusha - $0.75
Onimusha 2 - $0.75
Onimusha 3 - $2.30
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - $0.75
Zone of the Enders: $3.59
True Crime: Streets of LA - $0.75
Devil May Cry 2 - $1.13
Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening - $1.72
Wipeout Fusion - $1

Shipping: $25.01
Code FREESHIP (-$25.00)

TOTAL:
$12.65

Thanks again OP!

[quote name='BrolyB593']How are you guys dealing with multiple orders? Can I just make a couple orders on my same account or do I need to make new ones? Also is it okay if I use the same payment and shipping info if I have to make different accounts?

I started looking for books and now I have roughly 30+ tabs open with a book a page. Haha oh my.[/QUOTE]You won't be able with the same account, you will get a "Code already used" on it. I did purchase everything with my same debit card though, so all I did was log into my friends eBay account and use his account to purchase my stuff. No hassle whatsoever.

[quote name='eXiON']

You won't be able with the same account, you will get a "Code already used" on it. I did purchase everything with my same debit card though, so all I did was log into my friends eBay account and use his account to purchase my stuff. No hassle whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yeah I just made another account and made two purchases total.

I spent ~$30 on 14 books, a mixture of art reference books, comic books and also classical artist collections.

They all will be here by June 3rd it says so that is even more exciting!

I am tempted to make a third purchase....

Either way, thank you so much for the heads up OP this is great!

[quote name='Stele']One of the sellers mis-listed an item and refunded me. It appears Half is actually refunding me the shipping payment I never paid for.[/QUOTE]

I had a seller refund an order, and it's showing that I'm being refunded the shipping value as well!

At the bottom of the half order page, it says: "Total refunded to credit card: ($6.49)"

Checked my creidit card, and the refund hasn't appeared yet, just the initial charge.

Really wanted that game, so turned around and reordered it for the same amount from another seller, paying shipping, so we all even.

Polaris (DS)-1.00
Mercury (PSP)-1.00
Secret Agent Clank (PSP)-1.75
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (Xbox)-.99
Devil May Cry (PS2)-1.00
Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)-4.00
The Adventures of Robin Hood-First Season (DVD)-0.75
The Adventures of Robin Hood-Second Season (DVD)-1.29

12.60 total. 82 cents of that was tax.
Kinda thinking of making a second order. Woo!

I caved and placed a third order...

Total spent was a little under $50 and I have 21 books coming my way. That is about $2.20 a book! There are books in my orders right now that I have on my wishlist on Amazon for $30 each!

Man, this is a good night for book deals. Though my shelves are full and I am moving in early August... Oy, books are heavy hahah.

Thanks OP! Went with:

Afro Samurai: Resurrection (2 Disc Director's Cut)
Grindhouse (2 Disc Special Edition)
2001: A Space Odyssey

$19.59 w/ FREESHIP

[quote name='eXiON']Lol similar thing happened to me, after buying my stuff I thought.. wait what the fuck did I just do?

I already own Metal Gear (But the GH version), I never really liked FFXII (but yet I still bought it), Naughty Bear was a terrible game (but $6 just for the cheap laughs seemed okay)

All those games I've already beat and bought before, but I couldn't say no for $6 games, and although I felt I got kicked in the nuts for buying almost $100 worth of old games. I just couldn't say no to a Deluxe Edition of Demon's Souls. Just hoping the seller described it correctly.[/QUOTE]

True, a lot of the guide books I bought partly because they said "brand new." Hopefully the seller was accurate. Now this morning I woke up and my air conditioner is broken and will probably cost a lot of money to repair. I'm kind of regretting my half.com spending spree yesterday on old ass books, games, and movies.

12 games under $12 for me. Try and look for a seller you think that has good deals and a lot of selection since one game is $3.49 then drops to $1.89 each after

This coupon really lets the hoarders go wild. 99% of the clutter that will be bought will not be used.

Damn, I can't think of anything I want. I need a ton of cart only games but the prices seem kinda high even with free shipping.

[quote name='Stele']This coupon really lets the hoarders go wild. 99% of the clutter that will be bought will not be used.[/QUOTE]
Hoarders Season 1 DVD is $9.50 :)

Ironically, I bought it for $3 a while back and never watched it.

So now that it's been over 24 hours from the start, does anyone actually know where this FREESHIP offer came from or how it was promoted? I buy & sell all the time on Half.com/eBay and didn't get any kind of E-mail or notification of it.

[quote name='Kerig']Hoarders Season 1 DVD is $9.50 :)

Ironically, I bought it for $3 a while back and never watched it.

So now that it's been over 24 hours from the start, does anyone actually know where this FREESHIP offer came from or how it was promoted? I buy & sell all the time on Half.com/eBay and didn't get any kind of E-mail or notification of it.[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering where the heck this code came from as well. I've also been wondering if Half.com has ever had free shipping codes in the past. If this is a very very rare thing, I might want to place another cheap order around $13 total.

I also really like the idea of hoarding Hoarders DVDs. That's super meta :lol:
If I was ever on that show, I would buy a stack of their DVD boxsets and hide them somewhere in my house for them to find.

thanks, OP.
got myself some hardcover books (shipping ordinarily $3.99 each).
six books for $14.51 after the $23.94 discount on shipping.
there's no way i could do that even in a used book store during a sale.

I wish they made it easier to find all of the sellers who offered the items on my wishlist. Unless I am being stupid their search and sort options aren't nearly as helpful as they could be. I want a list of my wishlist sorted by seller so I can pick a single seller that offers most of what I want.

Any ideas or is this just not possible?

[quote name='Palinn']I wish they made it easier to find all of the sellers who offered the items on my wishlist. Unless I am being stupid their search and sort options aren't nearly as helpful as they could be. I want a list of my wishlist sorted by seller so I can pick a single seller that offers most of what I want.

Any ideas or is this just not possible?[/QUOTE]

They used to have the "Buying Wizard" that did exactly that, but it appears to be gone. List all the items/conditions you wanted and it would try to batch everything into as few sellers as possible. It was flaky and I could get better deals by hand.

[quote name='emperordahc']They used to have the "Buying Wizard" that did exactly that, but it appears to be gone. List all the items/conditions you wanted and it would try to batch everything into as few sellers as possible. It was flaky and I could get better deals by hand.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I guess if the tool isn't useful then there is no reason to offer it. Oh well. I did find a few of the big sellers who have most of what I want so I will start building a cart from them.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I've been wondering where the heck this code came from as well. I've also been wondering if Half.com has ever had free shipping codes in the past. If this is a very very rare thing, I might want to place another cheap order around $13 total.

I also really like the idea of hoarding Hoarders DVDs. That's super meta :lol:
If I was ever on that show, I would buy a stack of their DVD boxsets and hide them somewhere in my house for them to find.[/QUOTE]

I found an email in my inbox that I use for ebay messages that stated the code and that it was for free shipping on half.com

[quote name='destro4eva']This sale still going on? Thinking about using a buddy's account to buy some more goods.[/QUOTE]

Yes FREESHIP still works. I just used it - it supposedly ends on 5/31.

Thanks to the fellow CAG'S. I can vouch for the code "FREESHIP" working 12:18am May 30th. I just bought me some digital graphics books photoshop, illustrator, encore etc. great stuff.

[quote name='CaoPi']Can you create a new account to take advantage of this promo? I need some books for summer classes[/QUOTE]

You should be able to, yes! If I remember correctly, I just use my eBay account since it's owned by eBay.

I just used it a few moments ago, and it is still working. I want to thank all of those who brought this to my attention, especially Fueledbytrueman. I'm thrilled to have paid just over $10 for four books and three games.

Thank you so much for posting about this. Shipping can be a deal buster on half.com, especially when I am making a backlog of 0.35 cent PS2 games when shipping is 4 bucks. Thanks OP and everyone else!!

I'm just bumping this thread to let everyone know the code is still working. This is one of my favorite deals so far this year. I put in another order and bought 5 DVDs, 2 Blu-rays, and 4 Kinect games for $27 total shipped. The credit card number I used before didn't work, so I used a different one. Hopefully it goes through, but if not oh well I still bought enough stuff over the weekend.

Placed one order with just under $25 in shipping, went fine. Tried to place a second order with my second account, and of course the cart cleared out before I could complete check out. Now I have to wait for the items to come off hold. I'm surprised Half.com's interface seems so amateur considering eBay owns it.

I bought Astonishing X-men Book 3 and 4, as well as a $0.75 Spider-man trade to bring it over $10. Of course, I get a message from the seller of Book 3, saying she no longer has it. She gave me a refund of for the book and what the shipping would of been. So I got a refund of $4 dollars extra.

Finally got around to making an order; six books and one 360 game for $11 after shipping discount. Thanks OP (and those pointing out looking for multiple items from same sellers to maximize discount)!

Just a reminder to those still thinking about it - this deal supposedly ends today, 5/31.

I used it on 5 older X360 games ... including Dark Sector for $1.98 :)

I was refunded by a seller and got the original price AND the shipping value, that I didn't pay! My actual credit card's account page shows the refund. (I mentioned it earlier in this thread, just wanted to mention that it actually cleared.)

Just placed an order. Grabbed 2 copies of Crackdown so my buddy and I can coop it, a dlc code for Child of Eden for the same buddy and then grabbed a copy of Prey cause I had lent it out but never got it back. Also grabbed like 4 pop up childrens books for $15.xx total

Finally got around to doing this deal, picked up a bunch of $0.75-0.99 CDs for my Mom and a couple of older systems engineering books I'd like on my bookshelf at work.

Thanks for posting!

This was nice of eBay/ Half.com. I owe them $43 in eBay seller fees this month, at least they're giving something back for once.

[quote name='JawnMan']Is the site down for anyone else right now?[/QUOTE]

Anything involving your cart/account creation/checkout is running really slow right now. I can browse fine, but hitting any of those pages took awhile to churn.

Created a 2nd account and loaded up on more stuff. Going to miss this deal! :D

In case anyone didn't know, the shipping code covers expedited shipping too. I bumped up a couple of items to fill out the $25 worth of free shipping.

And if you applied Free Shipping but your cart got deleted and it wouldn't let you re-apply the code, give it some time. That happened to me last night, then this morning I was able to use the code on the account again.

Also, my mail carrier is going to fucking hate me after 4 orders on Half.Com.

bread's done
Back