Free Shipping at Half.com

fueledbytrueman

CAGiversary!
Free shipping at half.com (up to $25 worth) with code FREESHIP. Must have a $10 minimum purchase.

Not sure how long this will last. I used it to get a bunch of old Genesis & 64 games, though you may find some good deals on newer gen games too.

[quote name='sayu']Received my Like New GunValkyrie, and it came in a generic dvd case. I informed the seller - wasn't even going to leave negative feedback - that it should have come in a green case. He responded by saying that the game and insert were in Like New condition, so there was nothing wrong. :roll: Not going to argue this :censored: again.

My Very Good condition Dino Crisis came in a completely destroyed case with red and white gunk all over it. Probably won't be able to find another one of these special 2-disc jewel cases, but oh well.

Neither of these were too bad, and everything else so far has arrived in appropriate condition.[/QUOTE]

You're 100% correct on this. Generic case means it's not like new. The seller could have at least apologized or accepted the fact that he made a mistake.

[quote name='sayu']Received my Like New GunValkyrie, and it came in a generic dvd case. I informed the seller - wasn't even going to leave negative feedback - that it should have come in a green case. He responded by saying that the game and insert were in Like New condition, so there was nothing wrong. :roll: Not going to argue this :censored: again.

My Very Good condition Dino Crisis came in a completely destroyed case with red and white gunk all over it. Probably won't be able to find another one of these special 2-disc jewel cases, but oh well.

Neither of these were too bad, and everything else so far has arrived in appropriate condition.[/QUOTE]
That really sucks dude, I agree with everyone. Definitely give the seller a negative, I actually read the Half.com description policies to make sure I wouldn't get smartassed with those sort of replies (which I'm sure is what I'll get from the seller I bought from too.)

http://pages.half.ebay.com/help/policy/pricing.html

Item Quality - Music, Movies, Video Games

• Like New
    • Opened and used items that still appear brand new
    • Must include all boxes, instructions, and artwork from manufacturer
I just don't know how Half.com handles returns/claims etc etc, so I guess I'll be finding out shortly.

Luckily my Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition arrived prestine and much better than described, really happy that I finally managed to snag one for less than $60.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']You're 100% correct on this. Generic case means it's not like new. The seller could have at least apologized or accepted the fact that he made a mistake.[/QUOTE]
Exactly.

"The Case is NOT Cracked, there is nothng wrong with the game"

That was the last email he sent before he stopped responding. Ridiculous.

Thanks for pointing that out, eXiON. Wish I had seen it sooner. By their standards it should have been marked as Good.

I got all of my orders in. All of them were in good shape EXCEPT for the game from the seller who, ironically, had the largest amount of feedback (over 5,000!) He listed the game as "Very Good" and the disc is scratched to hell and back and the case is broken. He also did a shitty job packing it, only wrapping it up in brown paper that doesn't really protect anything. I'll be surprised if the game even works. Otherwise, though, this was an awesome deal, save for one crappy seller who either lied about the condition of the game or is completely blind.

So far most of the stuff I've ordered turned out fine. The one order that perturbed me a bit was two HDDVDs that turned out to be DVDs. I feel like a jerk even asking the seller about them. But I paid $7 for the HDDVDs when the DVDs I received are readily available for $.75 cents. I was hustled out of $5.50 because the seller mislabeled DVDs as HDDVDs.

BTW, is this code still working? Actually, if it is still working please don't tell me because I don't want to spend any more money.

Definitely get your money back on that HD-DVD/DVD situation.

I got three books in today. The listings were "Like New" x 2 and one "Good." One of the "Like News" has a bending corner but I should be able to fix that by putting some heavy books on top. The other "Like New" was indeed, "Like New." And I bumped that one up to expedited shipping and the seller was only like 45 minutes away from me, so I got it at record speed thanks to Priority Mail. The "Good" book was beyond "Good" and probably would have passed for "Like New" or "Very Good" had the seller gone that route.

So far so good.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']

BTW, is this code still working? Actually, if it is still working please don't tell me because I don't want to spend any more money.[/QUOTE]

You must have like a million accounts on there. :whistle2:o

Thanks TC

Had enough video games so I decided to get some books

11 Annotated shakespeare plays (New folger's library) and the entire lord of the rings trilogy.

Originally $43, cost me $11.42

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='Rozz']You must have like a million accounts on there. :whistle2:o[/QUOTE]

Ha, not a million, but enough that I wrote down the usernames and passwords in case I forget.

7 paperback books. $13 including shipping. Most books were $0.75, only a couple in the $2 range. Not bad at all. I usually pay $3-$4 per book at local used book stores.

Paying $3.xx in shipping for each book would have totally killed the deal though.
Thanks for the code.

Rainbow six vegas 360 came in today

No booklet, CD is Ok few scratches nothing like gamefly games though. for only 2.25 i could not argue

I just created 2 more accounts and from just one seller (across the two orders), I ordered 6 hardcovers and 12 paperback books, all of which were $0.75 each except one paperback that was $3. So at least the items will just come in a couple of boxes. I also got a $1 paperback from one seller and a $8 graphic novel from another seller. Nearly maxed out the $25 shipping on both orders.

But those 75 cent books are just an insane deal. The only place I'm going to find those books cheaper is if I just pirate them digitally.

I think that might do it for me for now, because now my book backlog is officially insane.

Already warned my mailman; I felt so guilty telling her how many packages I would be getting this week. (Only thing that had arrived so far from my two orders is smallville season 1 - original packaging, discs are in perfect perfect condition).

Half.com is weird about their item descriptions. I had a bunch of books listed as like new and in the description wrote that they only had very minor shelf wear. Half.com sent me an email saying they had removed all those listings because new or like new books can't have shelf wear. I responded saying you should talk to amazon or any other major book retailer because 95% of the books I buy "new" have at least some sort of shelf wear on them.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']Half.com is weird about their item descriptions. I had a bunch of books listed as like new and in the description wrote that they only had very minor shelf wear. Half.com sent me an email saying they had removed all those listings because new or like new books can't have shelf wear. I responded saying you should talk to amazon or any other major book retailer because 95% of the books I buy "new" have at least some sort of shelf wear on them.[/QUOTE]

From reading the Half.Com item quality standards are a bit off from most other sites. They don't even require them to tell you if a new book is remainder marked (if Amazon enforced their own rules, sellers can't even list remainder marked books as new, but of course sellers do). But on Half, there is no tangible difference between New and Like New other than the honesty of the seller telling you if its been read before or not. Both are supposed to be mint. And some "New" books on store shelves like Barnes and Noble get beat to shit anyway by people using the store like a library. Very Good is supposed to look New but can have minimal writing in it for some reason. Good is where you finally get to a level where you can have ANY "damage" to the book, aka shelf wear, creasing, missing dust jackets. Acceptable is where you get your crap books and ex-library books. It's just weird.

Contrast that to eBay's own listing standards for books: New is new and doesn't appear to allow remainder marks, but eBay gives sellers an out by saying "Read the full description." Like New on eBay allows for "minimal identifying marks" but otherwise its supposed to have very minimal wear (like shelf-wear). Very Good is the same as like new, only you can definitely tell its been read. Good allows for no dust jackets, more wear, but only minimal pencil underlining in the book. And Acceptable is everything else.

So eBay and Half.Com aren't even on the same page listing wise.

Amazon's New is New - perfect, no marks. Like New, pretty much New but can have a remainder mark. Very Good - You can tell its been read but its in great shape, no writing, creases, etc. Good - Amazon still wants dust jackets here, unlike Half/Ebay, but these can have limited writing, highlighting, and be ex-Library. Acceptable - You can finally lose the dust jacket. Amazon's quality standards are higher than eBay and Half's except for allowing ex-Library in with Good.

I gambled with many "Good" books in my last two giant orders. The seller inserted descriptions stated minimal wear so I'm hoping they under-listed the quality of the books to ensure they get positive feedback in return for exceeding the quality standards. I hope the HCs have dust jackets, but if they don't I suppose I don't have room to complain given Half's standards and the fact I paid 75 cents a book.

[quote name='SGH360']I just hope free shipping deal come again real soon, i got the itch to buy more books[/QUOTE]

The code is still live, is it not?

I used this twice and got a shitload of nes games. I also bought a copy of NBA JAM for Sega CD for .75, and when it came in it was brand new and sealed with the hang tab and the original k-mart price tag of $54.99. This is too good of a deal to pass up.

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']Those of you who made multiple accounts: Did Ebay get on your case?[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anything, should I be worried? I didn't create any accounts for this, just used my two normal ebay accounts (one for buying, one for selling) that I've had for years.

Nah, you guys will be fine. There were rumors on SD that some people either got cancellations/banned, but I think it was a load of bs.

I used 3 accounts (all registered before 2008 though) and all orders came through just fine, I even used the same CC on all 3 and received no word from Half.com/eBay, I seriously doubt those rumors were ever true.

Now if you made multiple accounts simply for to this, then I'm not so sure what they could possibly do. I haven't read up on their policies, but if you've just made 1 or 2 accounts, I don't see why they'd bother you.

I have a feeling even though eBay owns Half and they share some integrated systems, it's still pretty much two separate businesses.

I did notice that when I went to leave feedback for an item on one of my new accounts, I had to "activate" the account for eBay where they had a computer call me and give me a PIN to punch in to activate my account before I could try to leave feedback. Then it wouldn't let me leave feedback because your eBay account has to be active for more than 5 days before you can leave feedback.

So I assume if you just don't even bother to activate the account on eBay or Half to leave feedback, eBay won't really think much of anything about the account.

And besides, if mega re-sellers like Alibris can have 15 different accounts, why can't you? Until you do something fraudulent or against the rules (like using one of your accounts to leave positive feedback on another account owned by you), what does eBay care? Aside from the free shipping loophole, that is.

And if the people running Half.Com really cared about cutting down on the use of this code by new accounts, they could have done so by now. Surely someone has looked at the numbers and seen a drastic rise in new accounts with identical shipping and residence information created via Half rather than eBay, whose only action has been one order with free shipping.

I think the credit card denial after several orders across several accounts is probably a fraud protection thing rather than a "hey you used this coupon too much" thing. Some guy on Slickdeals said after many orders it started rejecting his phone number, but he just plugged in a Google Voice number and continued on.

Besides, if you're worried, just wait until all of your items are in and everything is fine, then delete your account via eBay, which will delete it across both sites since they share the same database. http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/closing-account.html I probably wouldn't recommend closing them all at once since there is a waiting period before the account is closed and that might raise some flags.

I'm really tempted to make even more accounts, but I've already placed six orders with the code. I'm not sure if I should risk making more, since I actually do sell some stuff on Ebay...

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']When you make a new account can you use the same credit card as a previous account? Or does it have to be a new credit card for each account?[/QUOTE]

I made three different accounts and used the same credit card and shipping address and nearly all of them have shipped out now.

How long does this last?

I just got rid of two fairly worthless games for a decent amount. I haven't found anything I wanted but this free ship code is doing wonders for unloading stuff.

The code is now officially dead, just attempted to use it one more time and it said that it has expired. Thank goodness, I did not need to spend anymore money. ;)

I got three games in today. Two were GameCube games from random sellers and they both came complete, though one was a PC but that's just me nitpicking and not the seller's fault. I still have to test the discs out to make sure they work, but they look fine. My DS game was supposed to be brand new and factory sealed, but it was beat to shit, not fully secured in the box, and the seal was broken. It had a Best Buy price sticker on the box then the re-seller sealed the box with his own plastic wrap. F that. I told the seller to either send me an actual new copy of the game or to refund me my money. I also got a book that was supposed to be in "Good" condition but it had tears, creasing, and water stains which should make it either Acceptable or even Unacceptable to be sold on Half.Com. Contacted that seller as well. On the plus side, three more books I bought were in great shape, probably better than what they were listed at. I'm happy with those.

Got in the copy of Otogi 2 I ordered that was supposed to be very good. Of course it came in a generic case with a sticker over the barcode and a ring sticker on the disc. Got everything off it and put it in a 360 case fine enough, but still kind of mad at how some of these games are listed. The disc was in great shape at least.

Huh.

I ordered a bunch of books and a game from different sellers. The total order (after free shipping code) was 11.xx.

Today I got an e-mail that the game was canceled and I was refunded. The funny part is according to the site, they refunded my credit card 6 dollars--the price of the game with shipping--instead of the 2.xx I actually paid for it after the free shipping code.

So...free money, I guess.

I got more books in today's mail. All in great shape. One seller even threw in a bonus book from the series I ordered a few books of. I got a full refund, including shipping, from the seller who sent me a water damaged book. Contacted the seller who didn't send me a brand new game as advertised, but haven't heard back yet. If I don't hear back by the end of tomorrow I'll probably open a case.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Huh.

I ordered a bunch of books and a game from different sellers. The total order (after free shipping code) was 11.xx.

Today I got an e-mail that the game was canceled and I was refunded. The funny part is according to the site, they refunded my credit card 6 dollars--the price of the game with shipping--instead of the 2.xx I actually paid for it after the free shipping code.

So...free money, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a couple of the items were canceled on my second order. One refunded me the price of the book plus shipping, and the other refunded me the price of the game plus 2 times the shipping cost. I don't know what that was about, but they basically payed me $2 to take 2 games and 3 books on that order.

I'll take it as compensation for half of my items being nowhere near the described condition.

got my 4 games. Neo contra, Red Ninja and Bloodrayne all came as listed. Looking Like New in fantastic condition.

Nightcaster however came with the case smashed to hell. THe disk itself looks pretty decent though. Im not sure if this happened in shipping or if it was shipped that way. It was only 2.00. Not really worth an exchange. Wonder if i should just dump negative feedback and let it be at that, or try contacting the seller. Sounds like i came out better than a lot of you

[quote name='eXiON']Nah, you guys will be fine. There were rumors on SD that some people either got cancellations/banned, but I think it was a load of bs.

I used 3 accounts (all registered before 2008 though) and all orders came through just fine, I even used the same CC on all 3 and received no word from Half.com/eBay, I seriously doubt those rumors were ever true.

Now if you made multiple accounts simply for to this, then I'm not so sure what they could possibly do. I haven't read up on their policies, but if you've just made 1 or 2 accounts, I don't see why they'd bother you.[/QUOTE]
half does sometimes

Got my two PSP games in and they were both FAILS! My LocoRoco game ended up being a demo disc and my Tekken Dark Resurection ended up being SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo in a Tekken case. The good news is that I got refunds from both and they both ended up hving 3K+ feedback so they were most likley honest mistakes. I just wish they paid more attention to what they shipped out because now the free shipping is over:(

I miss this deal too.

The code DAD10 saves 10% off of a $50+ order. Not the best at all - but gives the illusion (sorta) of free shipping if you buy 2 newer/higher priced games (MW3, ME3, etc)...

[quote name='Kenshindono']Wonder if i should just dump negative feedback and let it be at that, or try contacting the seller. Sounds like i came out better than a lot of you[/QUOTE]
Negative feedback for $2? If the guy was trying to screw you over by listing it "Like New" or whatever, then just let him know the case came smashed. If he's a good seller he'll try to make things right.

I never leave negatives (infact, I've only left 1 in the 5 years on eBay) unless the seller doesn't contact me or tries working out the issue with me.

Still waiting on one game and two music CDs. So far, everything's been great.

Got a sticker-infested N64 rental game for $0.75, and after a couple minutes w/ Goo Gone, you'd swear it was new.

Glad so many people got good deals with this. I used it to round out my Genesis Sonic collection. First time playing through Sonic 3 and Knuckles!

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Huh.

So...free money, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Had the same thing happen to me. Havent looked at the bank account closely enough to see if the refund caused me to loose the free shipping on the other items though.

Just got my other batch of games, the two PS1 games I got came in absolutely prestine conditions. The only problem I have is that I got the wrong game for PS2. Got Budokai Tenkaichi instead of Budokai 2. Kinda wanted to endulge in some good ol' nostalgic moments.

[quote name='eldergamer']Had the same thing happen to me. Havent looked at the bank account closely enough to see if the refund caused me to loose the free shipping on the other items though.[/QUOTE]
You won't, how would it affect the rest if they have already been paid? I had two people refund me for games they didn't have anymore. I received the extra $3.50 shipping for each that I didn't even pay for. So basically got $7 free.

Has everyone received all of their stuff by now?

From all of my orders so far (I might be repeating some of this), I had to send one game back when the video game re-seller sent me something clearly used they tried to pass off as new. Still waiting for it to reach them before they'll issue me my refund. Got 1 book + shipping refunded for the seller not having it. Had another 2 books + shipping refunded when I emailed the sellers to let them know the books didn't match up to the condition they said it would.

Today I received a ton of books in the mail, and 1 was supposed to be a hardcover and they sent me a paperback advance copy with "not for resale" on it, and another was supposed to be "Very Good" but the book was warped into a U shape, which was just impressive for a hardcover of that size. So I emailed about those and I assume I'll get refunded.

The rest of the books from the massive order today were in just okay shape, but matched up with what's considered "Good." There were several mass market paperbacks that were pretty beat up. Had it not been for getting most of these books for $0.75 I'd be annoyed paying nearly $5 for the condition they arrived in had I had to pay for shipping. Most of them had $1 Goodwill price tags on them and the seller wasn't Goodwill. I figure $1 for the book according to the price tag, maybe $2 in actual shipping (if its shipped individually), and the Half fee is maybe a quarter or something, so the seller is maybe making $0.25 profit per book when it comes to these beat up mass market paperbacks. Probably a little more if they're bought all at once by someone like me. I guess you really have to be a high volume seller to make that worth your while.

I'm still waiting on 6 more items. 4 of which I've received emails saying they've shipped, but no DC numbers. 2 more are wild cards I may or may not ever get.

I have a couple items I'm still waiting for as well.

The beautiful thing is that there is really nothing to lose.

If I never get the items and get a refund it's all good because they will refund the extra shipping costs (which I didn't even pay) as well. I can apply the extra refund to another order or I can just keep the bonus refund.

I'm still waiting on about 9 items but all except for one of the others were in the condition they described. I also had two items refunded with one of the sellers actually still sending me the game due to forgetting to ship it.

bread's done
Back