Free Shipping at Half.com

fueledbytrueman

CAGiversary!
Free shipping at half.com (up to $25 worth) with code FREESHIP. Must have a $10 minimum purchase.

Not sure how long this will last. I used it to get a bunch of old Genesis & 64 games, though you may find some good deals on newer gen games too.

[quote name='kodave']In case anyone didn't know, the shipping code covers expedited shipping too. I bumped up a couple of items to fill out the $25 worth of free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Eragh! I could have done this! :/

There's so many $0.75 books I want to buy... I must restrain myself... Think of the postal carrier... Think of all of the packages...

I don't understand how or why eBay/Half.Com is eating these massive shipping costs.

[quote name='kodave']There's so many $0.75 books I want to buy... I must restrain myself... Think of the postal carrier... Think of all of the packages...

I don't understand how or why eBay/Half.Com is eating these massive shipping costs.[/QUOTE]

Think of it this way: your keeping their job relevant. Do it, do it!

[quote name='kodave']In case anyone didn't know, the shipping code covers expedited shipping too. I bumped up a couple of items to fill out the $25 worth of free shipping.

And if you applied Free Shipping but your cart got deleted and it wouldn't let you re-apply the code, give it some time. That happened to me last night, then this morning I was able to use the code on the account again.

Also, my mail carrier is going to fucking hate me after 4 orders on Half.Com.[/QUOTE]

I used media mail, dam it to hell...

[quote name='hle078']any cheap games (under $10) for ps3 worth buying? all i see are older sports titles[/QUOTE]

There are loads under $10. A few under $5 also just sort by price.

[quote name='antlp89']This deal is sooo good for used CDs and older games.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Hey, it's amazing for books, too! It made the bookworm in me very, very happy. 9 books (most of 'em hardcover Stephen King books) for ~$13.50 and one book itself accounted for half of the total cost. Can't wait to get 'em.

what the hell. i got an error and my shopping cart emptied. I went back to readd stuff but the specific listings were gone. Did the site glitch out or something? what do i do?

[quote name='MoxManiac_']what the hell. i got an error and my shopping cart emptied. I went back to readd stuff but the specific listings were gone. Did the site glitch out or something? what do i do?[/QUOTE]

Half.com reserves stuff for approx 1hr whenever somebody puts it into a shopping cart. It's a some new glitch (happened twice with my order) when the cart empties and the stuff is still reserved. You'll have to re add all the stuff after it shows back up in 1-2hr.

Only half.com does this reserving thing to my knowledge.

Good hunting.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']what the hell. i got an error and my shopping cart emptied. I went back to readd stuff but the specific listings were gone. Did the site glitch out or something? what do i do?[/QUOTE]

Yeah this happened to me too.

If you use the"save for later" feature the items will be stored for you and you can add them to your cart later if they haven't been sold yet.

[quote name='kamakazi5']Thanks for posting this! I ended up placing three orders and got around 25 games for about $40.[/QUOTE]

This code only works 1 time per account. Do you have multiple ebay accounts? How did you end up getting it to go thru more than 1 time.

FYI - The other code SPRINGTEN is not very exciting: 5 bucks off of 50 bucks ordered.

[quote name='blinknot4']This code only works 1 time per account. Do you have multiple ebay accounts? How did you end up getting it to go thru more than 1 time.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, multiple accounts. I created 2 accounts and my wife did the same so we got 6 orders for tons of shit: books, CDs, games (DJ Hero New for $2!) and so on.

Right now I have 4 movies and 3 books in my shopping cart. The total item price comes out 12.16 and shipping is 22.43. When I use the freeship code I get an error, saying that "The gift certificate or coupon you entered is invalid. Please make sure you typed the info correctly and try again."

So what am I doing wrong?

You're probably too late. The code was set to expire at the end of 5/31 and it's past midnight on the East Coast. I managed to sneak in one last purchase using the code at the last minute after I found an expensive book for cheap. Added some cheaper books, milked the expedited shipping!

[quote name='LazerChachi']Right now I have 4 movies and 3 books in my shopping cart. The total item price comes out 12.16 and shipping is 22.43. When I use the freeship code I get an error, saying that "The gift certificate or coupon you entered is invalid. Please make sure you typed the info correctly and try again."

So what am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE]
The code worked for me. Try putting the code in all caps. FREESHIP

[quote name='toldawg128']The code worked for me. Try putting the code in all caps. FREESHIP[/QUOTE]

Ah that would be good if it wasn't expired just yet. Another couple of hours to hop on board.

damn how do you change shipping? It wouldn't let me change from ground. Since its late i didn't want to risk losing the code and just let it pass with that =( only used about 11 of the 25 dollars max

Picked up some old PS2/xbox games for cheap. Complete and in Like new condition
Bloodrayne
Neo contra
Red Ninja: End of Honor
Nightcaster

all for about 15 bucks. Not too bad. Wish i could have got faster shipping though

[quote name='Kenshindono']damn how do you change shipping? It wouldn't let me change from ground. Since its late i didn't want to risk losing the code and just let it pass with that =( only used about 11 of the 25 dollars max

Picked up some old PS2/xbox games for cheap. Complete and in Like new condition
Bloodrayne
Neo contra
Red Ninja: End of Honor
Nightcaster

all for about 15 bucks. Not too bad. Wish i could have got faster shipping though[/QUOTE]

These items are sold by sellers who all have different shipping policies.

Some sellers don't offer expedited shipping so you are stuck with media mail.

The code is still working as of 4am. I can't believe I placed another order.

I just realized now that I fit a bunch of media formats all into one order. I bought 1 Wii game, 1 ps3 game, 3 xbox 360 games, 1 blu-ray, 1 hd dvd, and 1 DVD for $25 total shipped. If I bought them all from the same seller, he would have thought I was on crack. :)

My mail person is definitely going to think I'm on crack or something when they deliver like 50+ separate packages to my house over the next couple weeks.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']My mail person is definitely going to think I'm on crack or something when they deliver like 50+ separate packages to my house over the next couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

My mail person already hates me because of my GoHastings orders... this is going to be an insane 2-3 weeks of packages.

Fn stoked I saw this thread. I was thinking of buying Demon Souls yesterday for $11 + $3.49 shipping and Time Crisis Razing Storm for $20 + $3.49 shipping but I baulked. But now I"m going for both.

[quote name='oasisboy']Yes, multiple accounts. I created 2 accounts and my wife did the same so we got 6 orders for tons of shit: books, CDs, games (DJ Hero New for $2!) and so on.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks. Last evening I made a second account and bought another round of 7 games with FREESHIP. Mostly older stuff including a $6 Halo 3.

thanks op I got a few that have been sitting on my list with a wish for price of $5.
Got all these for a little over $11.

i nabbed: jet force gemini for n64
rise of the argonauts for ps3
call of duty 3 360

I was getting frustrated yesterday with balancing a $10 minimum amount of purchases while keeping my shipping near $25.

Did an order for some BOOKS that came to $10.66 with a $24.93 shipping credit. 7 items in total.

[quote name='antlp89']These items are sold by sellers who all have different shipping policies.

Some sellers don't offer expedited shipping so you are stuck with media mail.[/QUOTE]

Expedited shipping is only offered for sellers with strong track records, similar to eBay PowerSeller status.

The fee structure for Half.com is interesting, it's a straight 15% of the purchase price and 90% or so of the shipping fee is credited to the seller. There's no 3% PayPal fee, so it's not too bad for sellers.

Anyone ever sold on Amazon?

[quote name='kodave']My mail person already hates me because of my GoHastings orders... this is going to be an insane 2-3 weeks of packages.[/QUOTE]

My mailman told me he has no problem with the packages, it lets him keep his job haha.

Something annoying about Half.com -- is that the default release date on Asura's Wrath is set in the future... meaning you have no option to buy the game... even though sellers have it listed. Odd.

Several items have arrived, and, as usual, several aren't even close to their correct condition. Sigh. Don't feel like fighting with the sellers. The free shipping made it worth it.

[quote name='emperordahc']Several items have arrived, and, as usual, several aren't even close to their correct condition. Sigh. Don't feel like fighting with the sellers. The free shipping made it worth it.[/QUOTE]
Act as would had you paid for the shipping.

I can second the condition notion. Ordered games in Very Good to Good condition and two of them look as if they crawled here over miles of jagged rocks. Already got a refund from one seller. Hoping that the rest of my games arrive is the described condition. Bleh.

I was able to use the FREESHIP coupon today! Got All GTA games for PS1/PS2 except for San Andreas since I already own that one. All for 13 bucks!

Got
GTA 1/2 and London for PS1
GTA 3/ Vice City/ Liberty City Stories/ Vice City Stories for PS2

[quote name='emperordahc']Several items have arrived, and, as usual, several aren't even close to their correct condition. Sigh. Don't feel like fighting with the sellers. The free shipping made it worth it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you're just hoarding crap (literally mostly crappy games that are in crappy condition), so what does it matter?

My Hey You Pikachu copy came with the label torn off. Was like 90 cents though, so I can't complain. I only got it to fill in the free shipping allotment. Everything else I've got in has been in great condition.

I haven't got anything yet, but I'm in agreement that you need to hold sellers to the listing standards. Half.Com's are way more lenient with their item condition listing standards than even eBay or Amazon Marketplace though, so I imagine it could be an uphill battle. But if the dispute process is anything like eBay/PayPal's, it should be in the buyer's favor.

It might sound like overkill but I did my best to research everyone I purchased from - who had the most detailed item condition listings, who had the best feedback. You'd be amazed at the sellers with 98% positive feedback who have like 15 complaints against them this past month because items weren't in the condition stated, or the seller never shipped the item. That's a huge red flag to me, because while they're usually high volume sellers, chances are there's more people who don't even bother with feedback who had bad experiences, and it seems like the odds of getting something in poor condition are higher with them than just some person with 100% positive seller feedback selling their stuff on a personal and not business level. I'd rather order from someone like that than one of these giant resellers or the companies that group listings from all of the major resellers like Alibris or what have you.

[quote name='Gosha']I'm starting to consider this deal of the year so far, hah.[/QUOTE]

haha. It's most definitely deal of the year for hoarding old crap that's less than two dollars. :) I bought a couple things that were $10 or more, but most everything is just cheap stuff.

[quote name='kodave']I haven't got anything yet, but I'm in agreement that you need to hold sellers to the listing standards. Half.Com's are way more lenient with their item condition listing standards than even eBay or Amazon Marketplace though, so I imagine it could be an uphill battle. But if the dispute process is anything like eBay/PayPal's, it should be in the buyer's favor.

It might sound like overkill but I did my best to research everyone I purchased from - who had the most detailed item condition listings, who had the best feedback. You'd be amazed at the sellers with 98% positive feedback who have like 15 complaints against them this past month because items weren't in the condition stated, or the seller never shipped the item. That's a huge red flag to me, because while they're usually high volume sellers, chances are there's more people who don't even bother with feedback who had bad experiences, and it seems like the odds of getting something in poor condition are higher with them than just some person with 100% positive seller feedback selling their stuff on a personal and not business level. I'd rather order from someone like that than one of these giant resellers or the companies that group listings from all of the major resellers like Alibris or what have you.[/QUOTE]
Funny you post this, I finally received my Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition PS3 game that was supposed to be (Like New).

Yeah right, the game's case was completely beat up, had 4 stickers on the back and the top of the spine it looked like a dog had chewed on it. Not to mention it has a "MLB" sticker, so this punk definitely swapped cases.

The guy has 2500 something + feedback, and only 2 negatives so I figured it was a safe buy from him. I only shelled $9 but it still ticks me off when people so blatantly lie about the shape of the item. Although I guess it could've been a user error, not sure if he's a store or what. I'm definitely not keeping this crap though that's for sure, so going to see what he says before sending it back.

Received my Like New GunValkyrie, and it came in a generic dvd case. I informed the seller - wasn't even going to leave negative feedback - that it should have come in a green case. He responded by saying that the game and insert were in Like New condition, so there was nothing wrong. :roll: Not going to argue this :censored: again.

My Very Good condition Dino Crisis came in a completely destroyed case with red and white gunk all over it. Probably won't be able to find another one of these special 2-disc jewel cases, but oh well.

Neither of these were too bad, and everything else so far has arrived in appropriate condition.

[quote name='sayu']Received my Like New GunValkyrie, and it came in a generic dvd case. I informed the seller - wasn't even going to leave negative feedback - that it should have come in a green case. He responded by saying that the game and insert were in Like New condition, so there was nothing wrong. :roll: Not going to argue this :censored: again.

My Very Good condition Dino Crisis came in a completely destroyed case with red and white gunk all over it. Probably won't be able to find another one of these special 2-disc jewel cases, but oh well.

Neither of these were too bad, and everything else so far has arrived in appropriate condition.[/QUOTE]

Sounds pretty bad to me, along with one pretty arrogant seller. Why not just leave them negative feedback even if you don't want to argue with them.

So far I have been blessed / lucky with my stuff. Some of my 75 cents CDs are brand spanking new even though they were advertised as "good" (including Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie 2 CD for 75 cents :)) . My $2 DJ Hero (360) came in brand new and sealed. I have not received my books so we will see. Rock Band 1 came in almost new ($1) and Rock Band 2 was clearly used by a family but can't complain for 75 cents. My wife got her books and some of them were new and others were fine with no marks or anything.

I haven't bought many games since I have a massive 3 year log but CDs and books have arrived perfectly. Hope don't jinx myself...

Total damage has been 4 orders for me and 4 more for the wife.

20+ CDs, 3 games and 6 books for me = $48 plus the damage done by my wife.

[quote name='kodave']Sounds pretty bad to me, along with one pretty arrogant seller. Why not just leave them negative feedback even if you don't want to argue with them.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, I left negative feedback for the one. I haven't contacted the other yet.

Just got my copy of Chameleon Twist that I ordered, ended up being the second game instead of the first. I actually don't mind though since the second game is a bit harder to come by/expensive and I don't have it. Makes me hope that the rest of the stuff I ordered comes in okay.

bread's done
Back