FRINGE - Now On Netflix...Watch it again!

[quote name='humidore']I dunno what it is, but so far none of the characters grab me on this show.[/QUOTE]

The doctor/old guy (forgot his name) cracks me up. Other than that, I agree with you here.

Just got a chance to see episode two...I'm hooked! So what do you guys think is up with the Dr. and his son? When he asked the FBI agent to keep the medical file secret, you know something's up. Make me wonder if his son is a clone or some sort of experiment.

[quote name='ryanbph']Pb?[/quote]

Prison break, the show that drags on at times

Or peanut butter, I guess ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just got a chance to see episode two...I'm hooked! So what do you guys think is up with the Dr. and his son? When he asked the FBI agent to keep the medical file secret, you know something's up. Make me wonder if his son is a clone or some sort of experiment.[/quote]

I loved that episode two/too :bouncy:

Lots of unexpected things which is why I think I love the show (be warned: its far fetched)

As for the Dr. and his son:
Well he doesn't kill/eat brains to stop aging like the other clone so I figure it's something else (probably not as obvious).

I'm thinking either: it's not his son, the "pattern" is somehow in Peter with some kinks worked out, or the Dr. is hallucinating. :hot:

Wonder what that car was for/will be for...

I'm enjoying the show so far, though it's nothing too special so far (if the quality stays at the current level I won't buy the DVDs unless I get a really good deal, maybe $20 or less).

So far Peter and Walter Bishop are by far my 2 favorite characters on the show, none of the other characters have really stood out to me yet.

I've been hoping the show would grab me but it hasn't. Walter Bishop is the only intriguing character(the chick is hot though). The pilot felt too long and interesting but seemed to drag on. The second episode was better and I could see how they are trying to ingrain the overarching themes I just wish it was more engaging. I'm going to give the show maybe one or two more episodes to decide whether I'm going to stick with it or not.

I'm so happy that there is a thing called hulu and that Fringe is up on hulu. Hopefully I'll get sometime tomorrow or some time this week to catch up on the show. From everything I've heard about, it's like a cross breed between X-files and Twillight Zone and that it's awesome.

Did anyone else notice this guy on other episodes?

[quote name='joe2187']I noticed him from all the episodes so far...

observerclue2.jpg
[/quote]

I noticed him in the hospital. But suddenly, after tonight, he's become one of the most interesting characters on the show.

Why is there no new episode next week?

[quote name='Matt Young']I noticed him in the hospital. But suddenly, after tonight, he's become one of the most interesting characters on the show.

Why is there no new episode next week?[/QUOTE]

Probably baseball playoffs.

And how can Olivia missed the observer standing there?

Why would it be canceled? Ratings are good.

Oh yeah, baseball. I knew that the 4 Division Series would be on TBS, but I wasn't aware that Fox was carrying the League Championship Series.

So the son...anyone else think he might be a clone or something like that?

I bet our friend that bald dude shows up a few more times.

[quote name='kube00']So the son...anyone else think he might be a clone or something like that?

I bet our friend that bald dude shows up a few more times.[/quote]

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing since he was talking about keeping the medical file secret.

Also the thing about them being saved from death a few years back by that bald dude was pretty cool.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'm so happy that there is a thing called hulu and that Fringe is up on hulu. Hopefully I'll get sometime tomorrow or some time this week to catch up on the show. From everything I've heard about, it's like a cross breed between X-files and Twillight Zone and that it's awesome.[/quote]

Time to revive this thread for the new season, and the fact that I finally got some time to watch the show on Hulu (actually partly being a slacker and not doing the things I ought to be doing and procrastinating.). also, it was nice of Hulu to notify me that the first episode was going to expire last month. Anyway, since watching the first episode about roughly two weeks ago, I can now honestly say that I'm absolutely hooked! I love the show. It's been great. Well I take that back, the show isn't perfect, but it's so obvious that the show is just getting started and settled and is taking off. I've watched 6 episodes (3 of which in the past day), and can't wait to get caught up on the rest. So far I'm really intrigued by all the different unanswered questions we have and where they'll lead. Still, I kind of have a hunch where the show is headed, or at least I hope it does.

I like the show...it has settled down nicely into a weekly criminal style drama that takes care of the weekly issue in 1 episode. But it also touches upon the issues for the entire season, ie who is behind everything.

I've been watching it, but really lacking on keeping up with any of my shows lately. Probably going to watch the last 2 episodes over the weekend. Its been a pretty good show up to this point.

I'm still watching but I'm an episode behind right now. I'm trying to catch up on BSG for tonight so I'll probably get to this over the weekend.

What's your guys' favorite episode so far? For some reason I'm really enamored with the episode with the shadow network. I really like that plot line and hopefully they flesh it out more in the episodes to come. What gets me really hyped for this show is the amount of fascinating concepts they've injected into and how they can really thread them along and develop as the show continues.

So did anybody else watch this week's ep? It was one of the mythology episodes. Good news, it was the second highest rated ep yet for the show. 12 mil, I believe. I never thought I'd be grateful for American Idol.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Nobody on CAG into the show/watching?[/QUOTE]
I stopped watching. I kinda got annoyed with the show layout and it didn't grab me anymore. The suspense was not suspenseful enough?

[quote name='neocisco']So did anybody else watch this week's ep? It was one of the mythology episodes. Good news, it was the second highest rated ep yet for the show. 12 mil, I believe. I never thought I'd be grateful for American Idol.[/quote]

I love the mythology episodes for this series. I know they're trying to lengthen out this series, as well as capture the casual fan by inserting more stand alone episodes, but I've come to the conclusion that every episode should have some mention of The Pattern/Nina/Massive Dynamic. Don't get me wrong, there have been some great stand alone episodes, but this might be a fact of it being the show's first season, but some of the stand alone episodes to the series have been just good/o.k.

Stuff like The Ghost Network were just awesome, had a tie-in to the Pattern/Massive Dynamic, but yet were still stand alone/independent. Power Hungry was extremely X-Files-esque, especially the story telling structure.

But the episode I didn't care for had to be Dreamscape. Boring. The others have been generally great, though The Arrival had a weak plot resolution but cool story with the Observer.

Still, I think they're just getting their groove.

[quote name='shinryuu']I stopped watching. I kinda got annoyed with the show layout and it didn't grab me anymore. The suspense was not suspenseful enough?[/quote]

At what episode did you stop just out of curiosity.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Nobody on CAG into the show/watching?[/quote]
I stopped watching when Scrubs started up again and I just don't like the show enough to watch it on Hulu.

I think I have a new favorite episode, or at least another favorite tied with my other favorite, and that would be episode 10 "Safe." Safe was awesome!! Very interesting bit of sci-fi, and throws many fascinating and interesting questions that I can't wait to see answered/delved into.

whats the deal promoting 7 new episodes in april...are they off the air until then, gonna recycle repeats? or did they just get an season extension?
any info would be great.

I assume American Idol is taking over it's slot for the first couple weeks of it. You got me how that extends all the way to April.

"I'm sure Agent Dunham knows what a penis looks like. Don't you, Agent Dunham?"

:lol:

You can always count on Walter for at least one good line every show. John Noble's delivery is incredible.

[quote name='neocisco']"I'm sure Agent Dunham knows what a penis looks like. Don't you, Agent Dunham?"

:lol:

You can always count on Walter for at least one good line every show. John Noble's delivery is incredible.[/quote]

Yeah, that line totally cracked me up :lol:

Anybody mind telling it to me? Make sure to use spoiler alerts or PM it. My dvr cut off just as the ep ended.

The way it's going, I don't see how this will stay interesting after the finale/"reveal". It'll either end or become
"The Super Agent Olivia and her band of crime solvers" show. Now I realise that's how it's been for a while now, but they're coming close to flat out explaining what her power is, thus negating the mystery of her.

They're not even close to revealing everything yet. Massive Dynamic is going end up playing a huge role in upcoming storylines. The writers have been smart enough to touch on MD just enough to keep people reminded there is a subplot running with them without actually revealing much at all. These writers are far too good to give up all the goods in the first season.

Walter had me in stitches for the whole episode, all kinds of good lines. Business has definitely picked up after last night's ep. Best new show this season (sorry, Dollhouse, but you're a very close second). Probably the best season of any show this year.

I love this show ! i like shows that make you think,and anything that's not "Reality"

I think American Idol taking its time spot for so long made people think it was canned (I did) now thats its back i am not sure that many people know.

Fox needs to advertise Fringe or it will die

Fringe's ratings are actually a little better since it started following AI. It's going to be renewed for a second season.

The second season is official. No surprise since the ratings have been consistently good. I just hope they don't have to move production to Vancouver.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fringe-Renewed-Second-1005724.aspx

Fringe Renewed for Second Season

090504fringe-cast1.jpg

Joshua Jackson, Anna Torv and John Noble

Fox has renewed Fringe for a second season, the network announced Monday.
The renewal isn't exactly a surprise. Fringe has consistently posted decent ratings, and Fox boasts that it's the No. 1 new series among the prized adults 18-to-49 demographic.
Other developments pointed to a renewal. In recent weeks, Star Trek vet Leonard Nimoy was cast as weird scientist Dr. William Bell, a character who will first appear in the season finale, but who is scheduled to recur in Season 2. Plus, network sources indicated that the series, unable to renew tax incentives in New York City for a second season, might relocate to Vancouver.
In a statement, series creator J.J. Abrams said, "Fringe continues to gain momentum, creatively and with viewers. We couldn't be more thrilled that Fringe will continue to freak people out for at least another season!"
Fringe airs on Tuesdays at 9 pm/ET on Fox. The season finale is May 12.

I'm really liking the show... but for some reason I absolutely HATE Olivia. I don't know what it is about her, but I really wish they'd picked someone else to be the lead.

[quote name='Revenantae']I'm really liking the show... but for some reason I absolutely HATE Olivia. I don't know what it is about her, but I really wish they'd picked someone else to be the lead.[/quote]

It's because she has a wicked thick Australian accent and her fake American accent sucks.

bread's done
Back