FRINGE - Now On Netflix...Watch it again!

My freakin' DVR cut off the end of tonight's episode because American Idol ran long.

What happened after Nina gets on the elevator?

[quote name='bmachine']My freakin' DVR cut off the end of tonight's episode because American Idol ran long.

What happened after Nina gets on the elevator?[/QUOTE]

She gets shot by a guy in a ski mask.

Ever since returning from break, Fringe has been firing on all cylinders (not that it wasn't good before). I have a question, though- who was the actor that played Emanuel Grayson on tonight's episode? He wasn't given a credit on IMDB. I've seen him somewhere before... maybe on Lost.

Did you guys know that Olivia Dunham and John Scott are married in real life?

[quote name='Matt Young']Did you guys know that Olivia Dunham and John Scott are married in real life?[/QUOTE]

They actually are! Good catch without actually knowing, I would have never guessed myself.

EDIT: Ooops, thought you were asking.

[quote name='Matt Young']Ever since returning from break, Fringe has been firing on all cylinders (not that it wasn't good before). I have a question, though- who was the actor that played Emanuel Grayson on tonight's episode? He wasn't given a credit on IMDB. I've seen him somewhere before... maybe on Lost.[/QUOTE]

Clint Howard.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0397212/

[quote name='Matt Young']Ah, it was Heroes, not Lost. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's all one giant in-joke (and, in a way, an ad). Clint Howard is pretty often remembered for a small part he had in an episode of Star Trek as a child, Spock's mother's maiden name is Grayson, etc.

I didn't know all that. I appreciated the Trek dialogue and the fact that it was used during the same week that JJ's Star Trek movie is premiering, but I didn' know the guy was on the show.

[quote name='Matt Young']I didn't know all that. I appreciated the Trek dialogue and the fact that it was used during the same week that JJ's Star Trek movie is premiering, but I didn' know the guy was on the show.[/QUOTE]

Just one episode, but his appearance is pretty well known. And the kicker? The trailer they ran during the episode shows that the villains in the new Star Trek film
are Romulans.

Renegade Romulans.

From the future.

Best show on TV right now. Sorry, Lost. The writing on this show is top shelf. I'm genuinely excited for the next season. Fringe makes Heroes look like an elementary school play (actually, Heroes does that on it's own).

[quote name='neocisco']Best show on TV right now. Sorry, Lost. The writing on this show is top shelf. I'm genuinely excited for the next season. Fringe makes Heroes look like an elementary school play (actually, Heroes does that on it's own).[/QUOTE]
And one of the things I liked most is it actually felt like a "season." It answered enough, and left enough. Unlike Lost and Heroes, both of which just seem to stay in one place and spin their wheels in the sand year after year.

Fully agreed. Team Abrams definitely knows how to spin a yarn. I also thought Dollhouse did a pretty good job this season telling a somewhat contained story that still left room for further exposition (despite the first 5 eps). Whedon has always been pretty good with this. The problem, though, is that no one knew it, according to Dollhouse's ratings.

That was both amazing, and satisfying!!!

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']And one of the things I liked most is it actually felt like a "season." It answered enough, and left enough. Unlike Lost and Heroes, both of which just seem to stay in one place and spin their wheels in the sand year after year.[/QUOTE]

Yes, totally agree with you.

I wonder what happened to the alternate reality in which Walter kidnapped young peter...wonder if we'll see the wrath of the other Walter at some point.

Excellent show.

I always knew there was something up with Peter since Walter mentioned multiple times that he was very ill as a child. I assumed for awhile that we'll find out that Walter used the crotexaphan on him, but once Peter said he didn't remember the coins, I figured it out.

Is it just me or is the Olivia on the Fringe Hulu page look like... not Olivia?

key_art_fringe.jpg

Not to mention Walter looks relatively skinny

amazing season, and excellent finale last night. I can't wait for Season 2, and for Season 1 to be released on DVD/ Blu-Ray

It's up on Hulu, watching now.

EDIT: After watching it I thought it was kind of meh. I'm excited for season 2 but I just kind of got lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neocisco']Best show on TV right now. Sorry, Lost. The writing on this show is top shelf. I'm genuinely excited for the next season. Fringe makes Heroes look like an elementary school play (actually, Heroes does that on it's own).[/QUOTE]

You're crazy. Fringe is excellent, but neither it nor any other show on television can touch Lost. Fringe has had some mostly meaningless throwaway episodes (not that they were bad) while Lost, this season anyway, has been filled with big things consistently and is as close to flawless as a show can be.

Lost is one of the best shows but not the best. Those so-called throwaway eps of Fringe are standalone eps, much like X-Files had it's mythology eps and standalone eps. They're necessary since networks insist on doing 22 ep seasons. Lost has the luxury of only doing 16 episodes and not having to come up with "filler". The biggest problem Lost has had this season is that there are too many characters in too many different places/times. Next season will fix that as it winds down the series.

I just watched the finale last night.
I was disappointed that they didn't go back to Olivia moving between the two realities like in the previous ep. This show is very very good (but Lost is better). I really like how they have set up next season and the mythology they have created is great. "The Pattern" can be used to explain the events in stand alone episodes which ties into the overall story.

The fact that Peter was from the other reality was a really neat twist. Hopefully they will explore this in greater detail next season.

Is it me or is the cast EXCELLENT except for Olivia who seems horribly miscast in her role? I don't know what it is (maybe her unbelievable "American" accent?). Everyone else is great but she seems to be overacting or something. Just not a good fit. Maybe they could replace her next season with her doppelganger from the other dimension who had some plastic surgery and a boob job.

I loved the season finale and cant wait for the new season.I hope (Alt. reality) Peter will start believing in walters crazy shit and stop being a skeptic.

IMO Fringe is the ONLY J.J.Abrams show that's worth a shit. The Lost story line is so convoluted it isn't even funny just a pathetic attempt at a tv show. I first started watching it and thought it could be cool then the sifi kicked in. Dont get me wrong i love sifi (Farscape FTW) but dont get me started on the stupid "Twist" aspect of the show.

[quote name='javeryh']I just watched the finale last night.
I was disappointed that they didn't go back to Olivia moving between the two realities like in the previous ep. This show is very very good (but Lost is better). I really like how they have set up next season and the mythology they have created is great. "The Pattern" can be used to explain the events in stand alone episodes which ties into the overall story.

The fact that Peter was from the other reality was a really neat twist. Hopefully they will explore this in greater detail next season.

Is it me or is the cast EXCELLENT except for Olivia who seems horribly miscast in her role? I don't know what it is (maybe her unbelievable "American" accent?). Everyone else is great but she seems to be overacting or something. Just not a good fit. Maybe they could replace her next season with her doppelganger from the other dimension who had some plastic surgery and a boob job.[/QUOTE]

You're definitely in the minority about Anna Torv. She's been widely praised for her work on the show. As for her accent, you've said before you don't care for it but I don't get that at all. I think her accent is dead on and I have no idea what it is you're hearing that makes it seem so bad to you.

[quote name='javeryh']Why did they move this to Thursdays?? Now I have to decide between this and Bones at 8PM. I'm really annoyed.[/QUOTE]

No, Fringe is right after Bones.

Bones 8pm
Fringe 9pm

[quote name='LinkinPrime']No, Fringe is right after Bones.

Bones 8pm
Fringe 9pm[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute... what is on at 8 then? I have conflicts with Bones, Survivor and something else that just got moved to Thursdays...

[quote name='javeryh']And nevermind Vampire Diaries on CW which also airs in that timeslot which my wife wants to check out...[/QUOTE]

at least with that show, its one episode and that's the end of the curiosity. Had to watch that with my girlfriend and a couple of her friends and no one liked it. But then again, they really didn't like Twilight

Thursdays are insane this fall: Fringe, Bones, 30 Rock, Community, Flash Forward, and CSI. What the hell?

My DVR can only record 2 shows at once, so something's gonna get missed. Anyone know which of these will be on Hulu right away?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Burn Notice doesn't return till next summer. You're good to go with Fringe.[/QUOTE]

According to Hulu: Availability Notes: New episodes return this winter. (Burn notice)

Anyhow, as to people hung up about what they can watch, the internet is your friend.

Bones will be on Hulu.
Fringe will be on Hulu.
Burn Notice is on Hulu.
30 Rock is on NBC.com

You can find the rest yourself.

Good episode tonight. New girl is fucking hot.

I completely knew that
Charlie was killed. I was yelling at the screen to check his mouth as soon as Peter and hot new girl ran into him.

"Peter, they said I could ride in the back with the body! May I, Peter?" (slight paraphrase)

:rofl:

John Noble never fails me. Him not having at least one funny line every ep is like David Caruso not putting on his sunglasses and being ultra-cheesy at the beginning of CSI:Miami. It has to happen.

That Charlie thing was pretty predictable. Whenever second rate characters come out with a sob story, something bad is bound to happen.

I was kinda disappointed by the premier, but i'm sure things will turn around pretty quickly.

Exactly what I was afraid of happening is happening. Fringe is getting spanked on Thursday nights. Viewership is down 35% with the show getting whooped by CSI and Grey's Anatomy. Fox had no business putting this show on Thursdays and it just serves as more proof that Fox treats genre shows as second class. Hopefully someone there will have enough sense to move the show back to Tuesday after Dance is done, maybe match it up with Lie To Me once 24 starts in January.

bread's done
Back