FRINGE - Now On Netflix...Watch it again!

[quote name='neocisco']Exactly what I was afraid of happening is happening. Fringe is getting spanked on Thursday nights. Viewership is down 35% with the show getting whooped by CSI and Grey's Anatomy. Fox had no business putting this show on Thursdays and it just serves as more proof that Fox treats genre shows as second class. Hopefully someone there will have enough sense to move the show back to Tuesday after Dance is done, maybe match it up with Lie To Me once 24 starts in January.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, did they really think Fringe could compete with CSI and Grey's Anatomy...they should move it to Friday night. There is nothing on Friday's too watch.

what else can fox put on thursdays to compete with those shows? I highly doubt they where looking to trash fringe, but to get more marketshare on thursday nights.

[quote name='life.exe']Yeah, did they really think Fringe could compete with CSI and Grey's Anatomy...they should move it to Friday night. There is nothing on Friday's too watch.[/QUOTE]

lol that would be suicide. Look at what happened to Firefly, John Doe, Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles, and currently Dollhouse. All FOX shows on Friday nights have poor ratings. Putting a TV show on Friday Nights is like sending it out to die (be canceled). The ratings Fringe would get on Friday nights would make the ratings it is getting currently on Thursday Night look like American Idol ratings.

[quote name='ryanbph']what else can fox put on thursdays to compete with those shows? I highly doubt they where looking to trash fringe, but to get more marketshare on thursday nights.[/QUOTE]

There is really no FOX show that could compete with those shows (CSI/Grey Anatomy) except maybe House and American Idol. FOX needs to plan these shows out better.

Fringe would be much more successful on TUESDAY OR WED, and if it was paired with HOUSE it would be even better.

The bottom line is that all these great Drama shows are being killed by the reality shows (Hell's Kitchen, So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol) that are stealing all the time slots during the week to get ratings. It seems FOX prioritizes Reality shows first then drama shows. These drama shows do great in the DVR ratings, Hulu viewings, or Digital Downloads through ITunes, 360, PS3 etc, but the big picture has always been live viewership, and that is ultimately what decides if a show should be canceled or not.

The turn with Charlie was kind of lame, but Fringe is still probably one of the best dramas on TV right now. John Noble is fantastic.

Has anyone else noticed that Peter
is looking "sickly" lately? Dark circles under his eyes, pale, etc.
Hard to tell if it's just Joshua Jackson or if it's intentional. Wondering if it's because
he's been on "this side" for so long

Excellent episode tonight, I really love the pace of this show and how it can take you anywhere at any instant. Also, as I originally suspected
it seems that Peter might have been experimented on as well when he was a child. William Bell explained how it's not easy to travel dimensions and stay in them for too long...Peter was brought over at an early age after the Peter of Walter's dimension died. They've always hinted at him being special/unique, glad to finally hear some sort of confirmation.

It's like The X-files: some of the monster-of-the-week episodes are going to be winners and some aren't. Eventually, it becomes more about the central characters than whatever this week's case is, anyway.

Very good episode this past week. Some of the writers are definitely Marvel fans because the Observers are essentially the Watchers. There were some parallels between the two that come close to plagiarism.

I would put V > FF but aside from that I wouldn't disagree. Though I enjoy Heroes I'm no longer under any disillusion that it is a good show.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I would put V > FF but aside from that I wouldn't disagree. Though I enjoy Heroes I'm no longer under any disillusion that it is a good show.[/QUOTE]

I just caught up on V and I totally agree. I really like where the show is headed. Fringe rules though. They better not cancel it.

It's like Fox is doing everything they can to insure that no one watches Fringe.

I bet you a dollar that it eventually gets moved to Friday nights.

#-o

god dammit, Fox. You completely suck ass at handling TV shows. I wonder how long until American Idol starts having 2 seasons a year like Survivor.

[quote name='neocisco']Schedule shows new episodes for both Monday and Thursday this next week (both at 9). Just a heads up.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I could've sworn I saw a rerun listed on the schedule for Thursday, but just I double-checked Zap2it and you are correct.

I was kind of hoping this pairing with House would stick, as it seems to "fit" with me...fringe medical drama, fringe drama.

That would be fine with me. Feeding it to the dogs on Thursday was a terrible idea, especially since it was getting good numbers on Tuesday.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I'm so confused. Is tonight a new episode? I don't remember seeing it before, but
Charlie's in it.
[/QUOTE]
I was wondering about that as well. I was flipping through the channels and noticed that too.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I'm so confused. Is tonight a new episode? I don't remember seeing it before, but
Charlie's in it.
[/QUOTE]
I think it's a "lost" episode from earlier in the season. Probably got bumped due to the World Series and so the show reached the mid-season break before the holidays and now they're playing catchup.

Nevermind:
[quote name='http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/11/fringe-episode-211-recap-unearthed/']Blast From The Past: As expected, "Unearthed" was a bizarre and unnecessary episode rooted in the first season's continuity where
Charlie Francis (Kirk Acevedo)
is still alive, the alternate world is hardly known and Astrid Farnsworth (Jasika Nicole) once again has nothing to do. For those that aren't aware, "Unearthed" was filmed during season one but somehow got lost in the shuffle, so here it is now. Like I said, bizarre.[/QUOTE]

I had a feeling that's what it was once I saw Olivia's partner. Plus it being burned off on a Monday night in January didn't exactly scream vital. Still, though, I thought it was a pretty good ep. The girl's alternate voice mixing was noticeable well done.

what's crazy is I didn't even realize that Charlie wasn't supposed to be there until 30/42 minutes in. They it just clicked. Oh and this is the first episode in which I saw the watcher myself. Of course this is the first episode since I discovered that watchers were in every ep.

[quote name='Wolfkin']what's crazy is I didn't even realize that Charlie wasn't supposed to be there until 30/42 minutes in. They it just clicked. Oh and this is the first episode in which I saw the watcher myself. Of course this is the first episode since I discovered that watchers were in every ep.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I realized the whole Charlie thing around the same time I posted.

[quote name='Wolfkin']what's crazy is I didn't even realize that Charlie wasn't supposed to be there until 30/42 minutes in. They it just clicked. Oh and this is the first episode in which I saw the watcher myself. Of course this is the first episode since I discovered that watchers were in every ep.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ah, ah. "Observers", not "watchers". Marvel would not be pleased. :)

At first I was noticing that no one acknowledged Charlie as being there. The guy ran into the car, so charlie didnt necessarily take him down, when they interrogated the guy, he said "you guys", which could just refer to the FBI and only responded to Olivia's questions. It made me think that he was in her head like John was in the first season, but near the end it was obvious that Charlie was actually there, so it must've been an old ep.

[quote name='neocisco']Ah, ah, ah. "Observers", not "watchers". Marvel would not be pleased. :)[/QUOTE]been in the Dollhouse chats so much i was actually thinking Buffy. Don't know who the watchers are in Marvel.
[quote name='javeryh']Watching now. This is definitely an old episode. I also spotted the observer - didn't know he was in every episode.[/QUOTE]I think i saw it on Hulu but presumably it's also at the Fringe site they have videos where they show you the cameos in past episodes.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Turns out the episode where Charlie appeared, was an unaired episode from S1. Way to fuck with our heads Fox.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/lost-episode-of-fringe-to.php[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that too. Despite that brief mindfuck, I thought Thursday's episode was really good. Definitely had some moral undertones to it and did a really great job telling the story. It almost felt like a mini movie because it had such a solid structure. I also loved John Noble's delivery of these lines:

"I saw a boy who looked like this once! He was young, like this child, and he played the banjo, I think...it was a haunting melody..."

"He...uh...he wants us to head into town to try to find the SOURCE of the electro magnetic PULSE!"

One of my favorite episodes of the season.

Thursday's episode was excellent...easily my favorite this season. Really captured that old X-files "monster of the week" vibe, I thought.

I wish this show would do more to keep tabs on the main plots of the series. How long has it been since that dude got his head put back on? He was supposed to be this huge villain and we have heard nothing on him in what seems like months. Granted he could be just waiting to make his move, which would be fine, but I can't recall any time being spent during the shows to at least let the audience know they are still working on leads to finding the guy.

For the most part I don't like the monster/problem of the week episodes, but they would be fine if we had at least some parts of each episode that touched on the bigger plot/story.

[quote name='Ryukahn']I wish this show would do more to keep tabs on the main plots of the series. How long has it been since that dude got his head put back on? He was supposed to be this huge villain and we have heard nothing on him in what seems like months. Granted he could be just waiting to make his move, which would be fine, but I can't recall any time being spent during the shows to at least let the audience know they are still working on leads to finding the guy.

For the most part I don't like the monster/problem of the week episodes, but they would be fine if we had at least some parts of each episode that touched on the bigger plot/story.[/QUOTE]

I actually had this same thought about Massive Dynamic. They have this appearance of being such a huge player in everything, but yet, we only get rare glimpses of what they've got their hands on. I'm sure that lends to the longevity of the show, but I'll be pissed if Fox gets bored and pulls the plug before we find out what they're really after.

I agree as well. There hasn't been an episode yet that I've disliked but they definitely need to be touching on the overall mythology more often.

So they finally made a reference to happenings from previous episodes, hurray! Next week's preview didn't seem to build on it though.

bread's done
Back