FRINGE - Now On Netflix...Watch it again!

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Computer Chronicles?
[/QUOTE]

I remember that show, but I have no memory of the beginning of the show. So it could be correct maybe it has imprinted in my mind somewhere, hence why it would be similar.

Weird question came to mind, are Olivia's parents dead? I know she has the sister but what about any other family, has anyone been mentioned?

Loved last week's show but I'm also wondering what happened to the other Walter. I thought Walter was going to switch Peters (living or dead) but now I don't what's going to happen on the other side.

[quote name='depascal22']Loved last week's show but I'm also wondering what happened to the other Walter. I thought Walter was going to switch Peters (living or dead) but now I don't what's going to happen on the other side.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if Walternate is the main bad guy. Walternate figured out what happened with our Walter. Now he is on the other side trying to break through and get his son back. Just a theory though.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']If there's anyone else that watches both Lost and Fringe, did anyone else make the connection between Jacob's lighthouse in Lost and Walter's time-space "picture frame" in Fringe? I know the series are both by the same creators, and the connections between the universes will probably never get a chance to be explored, but so many of the elements seem to connect between shows.[/QUOTE]

I've always had this feeling as well. Hell, even Cloverfield (another Abrams project) is rooted in strange creatures (from another universe perhaps?) and huge corporate conspiracies. I've always thought it would be mind blowing to find out that LOST, Cloverfield, and Fringe are all really about the same subject. They do share a lot of similar elements.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I wouldn't be surprised if Walternate is the main bad guy. Walternate figured out what happened with our Walter. Now he is on the other side trying to break through and get his son back. Just a theory though.[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking this as well. The Observers said that Peter was important and had to live. Maybe his role is to be the person the two Walters fight over, so it did not matter which side Peter was on as long as he was alive. This would also explain why they have such an interest in the current events happening, as it is all leading up to the big war between the two universes. As for last night's episode, I found it a bit boring. The case of the week was nothing interesting to me. At least there was a few main story elements to keep it afloat.

[quote name='Ryukahn'] As for last night's episode, I found it a bit boring. [/QUOTE]

That's how the show was for me also. I have actually felt that way about most of the shows I have watched this week.

Next week show preview looks like such a filler. =(

As for this week, I thought it was okay, far from my best but far from the worst.

[quote name='neocisco']No way, next week is gonna be great. It's going to have fedoras and dames with great gams.[/QUOTE]

It just seems like it will add nothing to the storyline. Just thought of something positive though, we may get a cool different opening like a couple weeks ago.

When shows have to do 20-22 eps a season, some filler eps are necessary. Next week is the last week before sweeps. They don't want to lose any of their audience going into such a vital period by showing a rerun but at the same time they want to save the big moments for the last few eps, when the ratings are more important. That's just the nature of network television (as opposed to cable).

I don't mind the filler as long as it turns out decent, and it does look like it would be a fun episode next week.

My speculation based on this last episode:
Mr. Secretary is probably the other universe's Walter. He came back to get his son back. In the end, Peter will have to decide between the two Walters.

[quote name='Over easy']I don't mind the filler as long as it turns out decent, and it does look like it would be a fun episode next week.

Mr. Secretary is probably the other universe's Walter. He came back to get his son back. In the end, Peter will have to decide between the two Walters.
[/QUOTE]

I could see that as a decent story. Though it could also end up being
William! Not sure what exactly he would gain from the cross over but it's definitely a possibility.

[quote name='Over easy']I don't mind the filler as long as it turns out decent, and it does look like it would be a fun episode next week.

[/QUOTE]

I would bet that is what it is, and what I have thought would happen for quite awhile. The scene where
the shapeshifter blurts out all the information also adds to this, as it seemed like he was comfortable talking to Walter about the information. This could be because Walternate is the one giving the orders and he thought that's who it was.

Overall, this was an absolutely amazing episode. I loved every second of it.

[quote name='Ryukahn']I would bet that is what it is, and what I have thought would happen for quite awhile. The scene where
the shapeshifter blurts out all the information also adds to this, as it seemed like he was comfortable talking to Walter about the information. This could be because Walternate is the one giving the orders and he thought that's who it was.

Overall, this was an absolutely amazing episode. I loved every second of it.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%, the way he apologized to Walter clearly indicates that he was apologizing for failing, he didn't know that he was already on the other side.

I'm also disappointed on the preview of the next episode but it doesn't mean that I won't watch it and probably enjoy the hell out of it.

Fringe is becoming my favorite show on TV right now. I really like the mythology they have going on with the alternate universes and the character development for the 3 leads has been great. Last night's episode was fun - if you don't like shapeshifters you are watching the wrong show!!!

Anyone that watched the X files, in it were the super soldiers shape shifters? It's been so long since I have watched it.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']Anyone that watched the X files, in it were the super soldiers shape shifters? It's been so long since I have watched it.[/QUOTE]

No, but the alien bounty hunters were.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Boring episode this week, but I guess they can't all be great, like the past few have been.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought it was hilarious, right down to the wood-paneled laptop.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I haven't seen it yet, but did it have anything whatsoever to do with the main story?[/QUOTE]

A little at the end, but not much.

[quote name='Magus8472']No, but the alien bounty hunters were.

Really? I thought it was hilarious, right down to the wood-paneled laptop.
[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks for helping me try to remember. The laptop and box-y cellphones were pretty funny. I also enjoyed when Olivia mentioned calling the "feds".

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I haven't seen it yet, but did it have anything whatsoever to do with the main story?[/QUOTE]

I honestly thought that the preview for next week had more information portraying to the main story than the actual episode. It wasn't as bad of an episode as I originally thought it would be.

That was a great episode. Someone would have to have really rigid expectations to not enjoy how it broke away from the standard formula of most Fringe eps. I get so tired of the predictable "that was boring" comments. You can't have outstanding eps of any show without a baseline with which they can be compared. Some people just always have to complain, regardless.

Very cool and different episode. I would think a show would have to be going on for a lot more seasons to have such a wacky episode, but I like it!

Fringe is my current favorite show, and I really thought this episode was pretty bad. What hurt most IMHO was it was obvious they had no budget for this episode and they were incredibly inconsistent in the motif of the world they were trying to create for this one. I expected the cel-phones and laptop (with that lousy wood-grain sticker) and computers to have a more retro look, even if technology was still supposed to be as sophisticated. The "fusion" was way off or something.

Ah well, it's no worse than the episode of Bones when Boothe is in a coma and dreams that he owns a night club...

I don't know, it seemed like to get the costumes and the sets in place they needed to spend a decent amount of $.

Awesome part was when Broyles was singing. I still see him as Lt. Daniels from The Wire. Incredible actor.

[quote name='neocisco']That was a great episode. Someone would have to have really rigid expectations to not enjoy how it broke away from the standard formula of most Fringe eps. I get so tired of the predictable "that was boring" comments. You can't have outstanding eps of any show without a baseline with which they can be compared. Some people just always have to complain, regardless.[/QUOTE]

Since I am the only one that said it was boring, this seems directed at me. I have said I loved the past few episodes, though I do not really care for the episodes that are just monsters of the week, just like I did not care for last week's episode. I didn't say it was terrible, I just said it was boring, so I do not see the point of your mini rant.

Sorry if I am not an uber TV watcher that has a wide variety of tastes. Beyond sports I put in maybe 5 hours a week of TV watching. All of the programming besides Modern Family is Sci-Fi stuff, as that is all that really interests me. When a Sci-Fi show I watch deviates from that, I am going to find it boring. What is so wrong with that? I didn't say it sucked or attack anyone else's opinion on it.

[quote name='IRHari']I don't know, it seemed like to get the costumes and the sets in place they needed to spend a decent amount of $.

Awesome part was when Broyles was singing. I still see him as Lt. Daniels from The Wire. Incredible actor.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's part of what I was getting at - the costumes looked great, they had classic vehicles, even the Massive Dynamic building exterior...but then other stuff seemed inconsistent with the style.

And yeah, Broyles is pretty awesome. I'd like to see an episode more focused around him.

Tonights episode was really good IMHO. I think alot of us foresaw the ending of the episode. I really enjoyed the scene when Walter was
in the supermarket. Toaster Pastries are trying to kill us all!

Last night's episode was definitely a great return after the not-so-hot "musical" episode last week. I really got an X-Files vibe more than other episodes this week too. Next week looks to be a great one too.

[quote name='neocisco']Finally, we got to see Walternate.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember if you could see his hands in the scene where they show him. If they did show his hands is he still wearing a wedding band? If so I wonder if he is still married to, and or if she is still alive in that universe?

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I don't remember if you could see his hands in the scene where they show him. If they did show his hands is he still wearing a wedding band? If so I wonder if he is still married to, and or if she is still alive in that universe?[/QUOTE]

Your query is (somewhat) answered tonight.

Dude, I think I just filled the cup.

Fringe is everything I want to see in a sci-fi television show, and tonight...just wow. Can't wait until next week.

Fringe is the best sci-fi show I have ever watched. I cannot wait until nexts week episode. Love the super-powers I was wondering when they were going to come out.

I just finished the episode, it was definitely one of the best episodes of the season. I felt like the second half of the show went by really fast. I can't wait to see the season finale next week. I will kind of miss the show in it's off time though.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I just finished the episode, it was definitely one of the best episodes of the season. I felt like the second half of the show went by really fast. I can't wait to see the season finale next week. I will kind of miss the show in it's off time though.[/QUOTE]

I will definitely miss the show, as it is my favorite on TV.

[quote name='neocisco']I don't know why you're going to miss it, it's been renewed for a third season.[/QUOTE]

Try reading what I quoted and maybe it will come to you.... :roll:

I thought last nights episode was pretty weak, I mean yes I understand that it's setting up the season finale, but everything they showed could have been condensed, or maybe if they had had a 2hr season finale, it would have been better. Can't wait to see what happens next week though. I still think that Peter only went with Walternate because he wants to learn what they're up to, and after he was staring at the plans that he left for him with his mother, Peter had this look like "know I gotcha".

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I thought last nights episode was pretty weak, I mean yes I understand that it's setting up the season finale, but everything they showed could have been condensed, or maybe if they had had a 2hr season finale, it would have been better. Can't wait to see what happens next week though. I still think that Peter only went with Walternate because he wants to learn what they're up to, and after he was staring at the plans that he left for him with his mother, Peter had this look like "know I gotcha".[/QUOTE]

I wish they could have made it a 2 hour finale rather than a 1 hour each 2 parts. Do you think Peter's other Mom knows what they plan to use Peter for?

[quote name='iwanttogohome']Fringe is the best sci-fi show I have ever watched. I cannot wait until nexts week episode. Love the super-powers I was wondering when they were going to come out.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Fringe has continued to get better and better as its gone on. Right now, I would say it is probably the best drama on TV.

I liked last night's a lot, though I agree the second part will be where most of the action is.

bread's done
Back