FRINGE - Now On Netflix...Watch it again!

[quote name='Ryukahn']Try reading what I quoted and maybe it will come to you.... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Oh, now I see what you mean. :roll: Thanks for straightening that out for me. :roll: The extra attitude made it much more obvious. :roll: Bye now. :roll:

[quote name='neocisco']Oh, now I see what you mean. :roll: Thanks for straightening that out for me. :roll: The extra attitude made it much more obvious. :roll: Bye now. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I think he means when its not on television, its not on television.

[quote name='Bezerker']I think he means when its not on television, its not on television.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm going to miss it after the season finale since it's my favorite show. The wait for the new season is going to suck.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Dude, I think I just filled the cup.

Fringe is everything I want to see in a sci-fi television show, and tonight...just wow. Can't wait until next week.[/QUOTE]

I finally caught up with the last 3 episodes. I couldn't agree more. This show is fantastic and just keeps getting better. It has a great mythology, great characters and most importantly, they actually answer questions as they go along. This has been the biggest downfall of a lot of sci-fi shows (LOST and X-Files are the two that come to mind first). They don't answer everything which keeps you watching but they don't have a million loose threads out there either. Also, everything pretty much makes sense in the universe they have created. It's just been awesome so far and I can't wait for the season finale.

Wow, great end to a great season. Walternate is fucking evil. I think Walternate is what Walter would have become pre-lobotomy.

Kind of weird how Oliviaternate hasn't been outed, you'd think at the very least the niece and sister would notice she isn't the same person.

[quote name='IRHari']Wow, great end to a great season. Walternate is fucking evil. I think Walternate is what Walter would have become pre-lobotomy.

Kind of weird how Oliviaternate hasn't been outed, you'd think at the very least the niece and sister would notice she isn't the same person.[/QUOTE]
She hasn't interacted with them yet. I'm pretty sure the Olive-exchange happened when the grenade went off.

For the first time in awhile,any shows season finale was actually pretty conclusive. It left just enough to be desired for next season. I am definitely looking forward to next season.

One questions
Potentially if Olivia's ability is to open doors between the universes, she could just travel back on her own correct? Or does she have to meet requirements, do in certain places, ect. ect.?

[quote name='ImLuhkee']For the first time in awhile,any shows season finale was actually pretty conclusive. It left just enough to be desired for next season. I am definitely looking forward to next season.

One questions
Potentially if Olivia's ability is to open doors between the universes, she could just travel back on her own correct? Or does she have to meet requirements, do in certain places, ect. ect.?
[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it is only certain places that she can make the jump, which is why the opera house was chosen.

I am not a big fan of the Olivia switch, but Fringe has more than earned the benefit of the doubt so I'll see how it goes. Otherwise, it was a fantastic episode.

Maybe she didn't interact with them. I kind of assumed she had been on our side for a while after the incident.

My brother was saying a flaw in the story was that Olivia was supposed to be the only one who could 'open the door' back to our side. My reasoning was maybe Olivialternate was also injected with cortexophan and she had similar powers. Maybe. I know that JJ Abrams is an amazing writer and he probably has a reason why Olivialternate could open the door.

[quote name='IRHari']Maybe she didn't interact with them. I kind of assumed she had been on our side for a while after the incident.

My brother was saying a flaw in the story was that Olivia was supposed to be the only one who could 'open the door' back to our side. My reasoning was maybe Olivialternate was also injected with cortexophan and she had similar powers. Maybe. I know that JJ Abrams is an amazing writer and he probably has a reason why Olivialternate could open the door.[/QUOTE]

Been there long enough for her hair color to change but hasn't seen or talked to the sister she lives with whose name she doesn't even know?

But yeah, it sucks that this largely awesome series of 4-5 episodes had such a trite and plot hole-ridden ending, but at least it sets up the beginning of next season for some good action.

Olivianate (we need a better name for her) probably has the same/similar powers considering that the other universes' technology is much more advance. That's my theory. As for the Olivianate integrating into this world, I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to find info about Olivia when she has access to Olivia's home.

The season finale was okay. I don't feel much of a cliffhanger since it's kinda similar to how season one ended. What would have been more crazy is if Olivianate kills Olivia and permanently takes her spot.

On a side note, I was hoping to see Mark Valley (John Scott) in the other universe, but was disappointed. Also, we didn't see William Bell die either, so would he come back as well in the next season?

I didn't notice what her hair color was. I thought she wasn't blonde, which is why I was confused. Oh well, maybe I'll watch it again to see if I missed anything.

[quote name='Over easy']Olivianate (we need a better name for her) probably has the same/similar powers considering that the other universes' technology is much more advance. That's my theory. As for the Olivianate integrating into this world, I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to find info about Olivia when she has access to Olivia's home.

The season finale was okay. I don't feel much of a cliffhanger since it's kinda similar to how season one ended. What would have been more crazy is if Olivianate kills Olivia and permanently takes her spot.

On a side note, I was hoping to see Mark Valley (John Scott) in the other universe, but was disappointed. Also, we didn't see William Bell die either, so would he come back as well in the next season?[/QUOTE]

The season finale was very good but turned OK for me when they got to the cliffhanger. The cliffhanger was so predictable to me. I knew as soon as they focused on Olivianate's tattoo that she was going to end up taking Olivia's place. If they had not done that I might have been more satisfied with it. I the fact that one earth has advancement in technology that the other doesn't, I thought that was a good idea. I also found myself pausing the episode to take a look at the comics on the wall. The death of superman cover looked very cool.

[quote name='eliter1'] I knew as soon as they focused on Olivianate's tattoo that she was going to end up taking Olivia's place. [/QUOTE] Yeah, I though that was terrible direction/scripting. They should have found a way to gloss over that point instead of clubbing you over the head with it.

I thought they made it clear in the conversation between Spock and Walter that they were opening the door to the other side without using Olivia's powers (they used Spock's ability of splitting atoms or whatever the crap they were talking about) which explained how the other Olivia could go back with them.

I thought it was a fantastic episode of what is now my favorite show on TV. I also love the alternate universe stuff - the Red Lantern and Red Arrow comics on the wall. Eric Stoltz in Back to the Future, etc. Really great stuff for nerds.

Forgot to bump this thread a few days ago...but anyways, new FRINGE was on last night and it looks like we have another excellent season to look forward to.

Speaking about last nights episode...do you guys think our Olivia is still in control, or do you think she completely turned to the other side?

Just finished the premiere, and I've gotta say that I hope they resolve this stupid switcheroo plotline quickly and get back to something interesting. It's just so damned cliched.

Loved the premiere. Everything about the alternate universe is awesome. I like the Olivia plot line too - there is a lot of interesting stuff going on.

[quote name='Magus8472']Just finished the premiere, and I've gotta say that I hope they resolve this stupid switcheroo plotline quickly and get back to something interesting. It's just so damned cliched.[/QUOTE]sorry dude based on what i've read it seems like they're going to keep this dual universe two perspective thing going for a while. which means Josh Jackson won't be in like half the episodes coming up.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Forgot to bump this thread a few days ago...but anyways, new FRINGE was on last night and it looks like we have another excellent season to look forward to.

Speaking about last nights episode...do you guys think our Olivia is still in control, or do you think she completely turned to the other side?[/QUOTE]

I think Olivia's acting, drawing and using information from Other Olivia's memories, and waiting for the right opportunity to strike.

[quote name='Chase']I think Olivia's acting, drawing and using information from Other Olivia's memories, and waiting for the right opportunity to strike.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this but at times it seems like she is confused. What makes things easy for Olivia to determine where she is that all the people in the alt-universe have a glow when she looks at them.

[quote name='seen']I agree with this but at times it seems like she is confused. What makes things easy for Olivia to determine where she is that all the people in the alt-universe have a glow when she looks at them.[/QUOTE]

I don't think she can see the glow when she's there...wouldn't the glow be switched. She would see the glow for people that don't belong in the dimension she was in, so if she's in their dimension, wouldn't it mean that "outsiders" to that dimension would glow and therefore everyone there would look normal to her? This could be a way for her to identify who could help her.

What still bugs me is if there's a bigger role for the taxi driver guy, the way the episode ended was very suspicious.

I thought the way it worked was that she can see the glow/glimmer of anyone from the other-side as it was part of her gift along with being able to open a door to the other world.

I most definitely agree with you about the cab driver as at the end he becomes extra friendly and almost wanting to tag along. Also the way he drives off and his talk about not being himself for a few years makes me think there is something more there.

....The observer was extra sneaky too, almost missed him at the plaza park.

I could be wrong, but I from what I recall, Walter said the glimmer would show for people and objects that don't belong to their dimension.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']

What still bugs me is if there's a bigger role for the taxi driver guy, the way the episode ended was very suspicious.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure Olivia is not acting, and the taxi driver is going to be the one to bring her back to her senses.

Damn this alternate Olivia is a real bitch! Also I wonder if she's immune to the sound machine...I mean, I know that they need Peter alive to complete the machine, and if he was to die it would mean the mission would be over, but did she really risk her life to save him?

[quote name='Wolfkin']well she still had to risk the train.[/QUOTE]

True...I had overlooked that. So do you think part of her likes Peter, or she was doing it to save him for the Walternate bomb?

So are they planning to go back and forth each week between the two universes? Peter needs to just be grateful for Walter saving his life and forgive him already.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']So are they planning to go back and forth each week between the two universes? Peter needs to just be grateful for Walter saving his life and forgive him already.[/QUOTE]

Yes. They'll alternate for awhile.

I think the taxi driver was just there at the end to make sure everything turns out okay for Olivia, but I do agree that he'll play a bigger part later in the season.

Yeah taxi driver was Bubbles from the Wire. I love how many people from the Wire are making appearances in this series (dude who blew up peoples brains w/ computers, Broyles, etc.)

I don't see how going back to our Universe helps Peter avoid destroying our Universe since now he is IN our Universe. All that needs to happen is for the machine to be assembled here in our Universe.

It's hard to see how Peter/Walter don't catch on to the changes in Olivia's behavior, she's suddenly more expressive and emotional. She's blaming it on going to the Alt-Universe but cmon...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']True...I had overlooked that. So do you think part of her likes Peter, or she was doing it to save him for the Walternate bomb?[/QUOTE]it's early to speculate but Olive 2 has no connection to Peter. He's just a person of myth. Would you be in love with Amelia Earhart if you found her in a parallel universe? Awestruck maybe but real emotion? I say no. not yet at least. She has compasion for human life maybe more than she shows but for Peter as a person. no. and unlike Olive 1 she has no cross pollenation to give her feelings.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']So are they planning to go back and forth each week between the two universes? Peter needs to just be grateful for Walter saving his life and forgive him already.[/QUOTE]yeah that's the plan for a while.

[quote name='Over easy']I think the taxi driver was just there at the end to make sure everything turns out okay for Olivia, but I do agree that he'll play a bigger part later in the season.[/QUOTE]I liked him but I must be the only one who doens't expect to see him again. There's really no reason for him. I will however yield the following points a) that ending was suspicious for a throw-a-way character and b) I did like him and I would be happy to see him again.

Last night was easily the best episode of the season IMO. Good character and story development...Now the wait til November before the next one.

Just caught up with last weeks show...man what an intense episode. Too bad we have a to wait a few weeks to find out what's next, damn MLB!!!!

The universe vs. universe plotline is as good as ever. Still, I cringe at all the "Wow Olivia, you've acted so differently since we got back from the alternate universe where we met your doppelganger. It's almost like you're a different person! You must've been profoundly affected by the experience." I mean, seriously? These characters are supposed to be intelligent, and if all the writers are doing is setting up the "We knew you switched places all along!" reveal, they're being awfully hamfisted about it.

this show always reminds me of how annoying baseball is. I never think about it in my day to day, things move along just fine...then i get these couple weeks where Fringe is on break! booo

The last 2 minutes of last weeks episode got cut off by my DVR. Anyone want to PM me or spoiler what happened and whats setting up for next week?

Christopher Lloyd will guest star on an episode soon :whee:
Great Scott! Back to the Future's Doc Brown will be meeting Fringe's resident Doctor Frankenstein when Christopher Lloyd guest stars early next year as Walter's musical hero.
"We all know how much Walter loves music, right? Well this fellow was one of his icons," explains John Noble of Lloyd's role in the season's 10th episode. "He adored this man. So Walter gets to be a bit of a fanboy."
Lloyd, who is currently enjoying a resurgence thanks to the 25th anniversary of Future, begins filming next week in Vancouver and will appear in the show's 10th episode. And while there remains a Fringe-ian veil of secrecy surrounding his actual involvement in the hour's investigation, it's very clear that Nobel is excited to have Marty McFly's bestie coming aboard. "It's a beautiful role and such good casting," he enthuses. "When I read the script I thought 'I hope hey get someone great.' And Christopher Lloyd exceeds my expectations!"
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Fringe-gets-1024542.aspx

FRINGE is supposed to return tomorrow:

On the Next Episode of FRINGE...

Airs: THU 9/8c NOV 4

The alternate universe Fringe Division investigates a shocking breach of security when a twin frees his brother from a quarantined Amber area. As the team sets out to crack this sophisticated case, Walternate experiments more with Olivia as she reenters the tank. Meanwhile, visions of Peter continue to haunt Olivia about returning to the "other side."
http://www.fox.com/fringe/recaps/season-3/episode-5.htm

Yet I see nothing on my TV Guide and my DVR doesn't have it scheduled :whistle2:k

Keep an eye out!

bread's done
Back