FRINGE - Now On Netflix...Watch it again!

The virus this week reminded me a lot of rage virus in 28 Days later. Also a little bit of the black oil from X files. Seemed like the ended of the episode was rushed though.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I actually had this same thought about Massive Dynamic. They have this appearance of being such a huge player in everything, but yet, we only get rare glimpses of what they've got their hands on. I'm sure that lends to the longevity of the show, but I'll be pissed if Fox gets bored and pulls the plug before we find out what they're really after.[/QUOTE]I think it would be cool if they did with Massive Dynamic something similar to what they do with Veridian Dynamics on "Better Off Ted" and made it more meta. I think the VD commercials in "Better Off Ted" are usually hilarious. Maybe if there was something more to the meta implementation of MD (I once went to the site and after 5 minutes of looking for something interesting i got bored) it wouldn't be so bad that they're absent from the script.

I thought this week's episode was pretty solid. Sure, the idea has been done a million times over (it actually reminded me of the recent movie "Quarantine"...at least the way the CDC was handling it), but I still thought it was written well for the characters.

I feel like Fringe is really building some momentum now with two solid episodes in a row. I'm sure this will just build up to a screeching halt when Fox implements that 2 month break or whatever the hell they're pulling again this year. But at least the show is really interesting right now.

There are 2 more episodes left in this season.

(Plot summaries below)

Next episode:
Bishop Revival
When a specific group of guests at a wedding in Brookline, MA, suffocate from the inside out, the upsetting and disconcerting crime scene has the Fringe team investigating how the toxin was delivered and targeted. As evidence is taken into the lab, it’s discovered that the wedding ceremony was a testing ground for a weaponized science experiment. Adding to the intense lab investigation, Walter uncovers an alarming formula that reveals a link to a branch on the Bishop family tree. With the escalating threat of more deadly attacks and unexpected familial ties to the case, the Fringe team stops at nothing to prevent further catastrophic events.

Season Finale:
Jacksonville
After a violent tremor shakes a Manhattan office building to its core, leaving only one survivor who leads the Fringe Team to believe he is not from this reality. Walter surmises that what shook the building was not geologic, but rather something discovered by him and William Bell many years ago. With another catastrophe imminent, the team races to Jacksonville, the site of Walter and William’s experiments, forcing Olivia to face her mysterious past in an effort to save hundreds of people from certain death.

[quote name='seen']There are 2 more episodes left in this season.

(Plot summaries below)

Next episode:
Bishop Revival
When a specific group of guests at a wedding in Brookline, MA, suffocate from the inside out, the upsetting and disconcerting crime scene has the Fringe team investigating how the toxin was delivered and targeted. As evidence is taken into the lab, it’s discovered that the wedding ceremony was a testing ground for a weaponized science experiment. Adding to the intense lab investigation, Walter uncovers an alarming formula that reveals a link to a branch on the Bishop family tree. With the escalating threat of more deadly attacks and unexpected familial ties to the case, the Fringe team stops at nothing to prevent further catastrophic events.

Season Finale:
Jacksonville
After a violent tremor shakes a Manhattan office building to its core, leaving only one survivor who leads the Fringe Team to believe he is not from this reality. Walter surmises that what shook the building was not geologic, but rather something discovered by him and William Bell many years ago. With another catastrophe imminent, the team races to Jacksonville, the site of Walter and William’s experiments, forcing Olivia to face her mysterious past in an effort to save hundreds of people from certain death.
[/QUOTE]

Um...no.

http://www.fringebloggers.com/news-say-goodbye-to-september-pals-for-7-weeks/

[quote name='seen']Jacksonville
[/QUOTE]
:shock:

[quote name='neocisco']The writer of that article said "death nail". Someone needs a proof reader.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, I know. Mostly, I was just using it as a reference that the show is going on hiatus, and that "Jacksonville" isn't really the season finale. There should still be 7 episodes left, unless Fox is really going to eff with things.

I really enjoyed tonights episode. Best of this season so far IMO. The only thing I was questioning was
I thought that Peter had already found out from a past episode that he was from the "other side".
I could be wrong and mistaken.

Tonight's episode was excellent. ImLukhee to respond to your spoiler,
Peter doesn't know yet. Astrid got suspicious when Dr. Bishop said "I can't lose Peter again." in the quarantine episode. She asked him about it but he said there were somethings better off not knowing. And now Olivia knows as of tonight's episode Jacksonville.
Unfortunately FOX is determined to kill Fringe and its now on a 7 week hiatus till April. Also from tonight's episode in regards to the day care center/school,
Walter opens the lock with the code 5-20-10, saying he remembers it but doesn't know what it stands for, which I have to assume means this May even though it also feels way too apparent.

It probably would be annoying to Olivia if Peter would keep "flickering" (for the lack of a better term) throughout their "date". Her special vision would stop after the drugs wear off, right?

Too bad we have to wait for 2 months for the next episode. The preview looks good. It seems like we get to see some origins/background.

@Banjora I must be mistaken then. I for some reason thought this happened in an earlier episode to do with the observers.

[quote name='Over easy']
It probably would be annoying to Olivia if Peter would keep "flickering" (for the lack of a better term) throughout their "date". Her special vision would stop after the drugs wear off, right?

Too bad we have to wait for 2 months for the next episode. The preview looks good. It seems like we get to see some origins/background.[/QUOTE]

My wife and I thought the same thing about how annoying that would be. I honestly thought it was going to happen sooner though when she was first scared.
I think that Olivia's ability has been unlocked permanently.

I thought that it was going to happen
when they almost kissed and I agree I think her ability to see the glimmers on things from the other side is turned on permanently now.

What an awesome episode, just hate these damn "breaks". Peter is bound to find out that he doesn't belong soon enough. I loved the previews for the next episode to, we finally find out how it all unfolded...can't fucking wait!

@ Banjora, good call on the combination code...5-20-10 does fall on a Thursday :shock:

I honestly don't see what difference it would make to Peter, even if he is from the other world. He has spent most of his life in this one. He has known this father more than other Walter.

There are 8 eps left and the 8th ep (season finale) will air on 5-20-10. IIRC, the series more or less takes place in current times so this was a very overt allusion to big events that will take place in the finale.

And for fans of The Wire, we got a nice little treat with Prez being in the ep and even having some dialogue with Lt. Daniels (Broyles).

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I honestly don't see what difference it would make to Peter, even if he is from the other world. He has spent most of his life in this one. He has known this father more than other Walter.[/QUOTE]

He was taken from his real mom and dad...his parents on the other side are probably devastated. He'll feel like his whole life has been a lie, and that he really doesn't know Walter like he thought he did. Not to mention the fact that Walter was not around most of Peter's life and he went crazy...his Walter on the other side might have been a beter fater. He's gonna be pissed when he finds out for sure.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']He was taken from his real mom and dad...his parents on the other side are probably devastated. He'll feel like his whole life has been a lie, and that he really doesn't know Walter like he thought he did. Not to mention the fact that Walter was not around most of Peter's life and he went crazy...his Walter on the other side might have been a beter fater. He's gonna be pissed when he finds out for sure.[/QUOTE]

Yes but with all the bonding he has been doing with this Walter, it would be hard to believe he would be upset other than initially. My only wonder is if other Walter didn't take the same career path as our Walter.My theory is...
maybe he is the lead scientist on the other side and he was the one bringing the two worlds together to try and gain his Peter back...
Okay I know I am stretching it a little bit.

My theories so far are -
First we know that Peter came from the other side after our Universes Peter got sick and died as a boy. If we go back to the first season we know that Walter first created the teleportation device as an attempt to retrieve the doctor he believed would be able to save Peter. For whatever reason we also know Walter figured out what happened to the human body when the device was used and abandoned that plan. Whether that was from his calculations or a failed attempt at retrieving the doctor I dunno and we may never hear although I hope its in the origins episodes. Then our Peter died and Walter opened the first door between Universes to get their Peter. This door was the one at the lake that they closed off in the Season 1 finale. Going back to the episode with the pieces of Walters brain being missing we also know that the the other side is suffering from something called the "Blight". Which I assume is the reason the other universe is trying to combine with ours and as we know only one can survive. I would at first guess that the "Blight" was caused by Walter somehow with the bridging of the universes, except for the timeline possibly doesn't fit with that assumption because of how old Peter was when he died compared to when Olivia and the other children were undergoing the experimentation by Walter and Bell and whenever it was that Walter went crazy. Since we know they did the experimentation in order to prepare guardians for our world from the coming invasion that they predicted.
Sorry for the wall of text.

I also have to agree with LinkinPrime. Peter is going to be devastated by the years of lies. I mean this universes Walter went to the extreme of creating a dimensional doorway between worlds in order to get his son back. Peter is going to have to wonder what his real parents went through/are going through, to the extent at some point I think he will try to go to the other side to find out the truth. We also know from the 2nd season premiere that Bell told Olivia to keep Peter close. I have a theory that
in the end Peter may have to return to his real world in order for the dimensions to be sealed off again from each other, but other then Bells cryptic message about Olivia needing Peter, and the Universes needing to be in balance (since it wouldn't surprise me if everything from each universe isn't needed to return back into its proper universe in order to close off the dimensions), but its nothing more then a guess at the moment.

When Peter was brought to the dimension we know, I wonder what was sent over to the other dimension to restore balance...dead Peter? Then again, it seems like it's random...:whistle2:k

BTW: What's with all the spoilers? After it airs on the West Coast discussion should be spoiler free.

Fringe has become one of my absolute favorite TV shows. One of the few stories that I'm actually interested in seeing what happens next.

I kept thinking with the little girl's name being "Olive" and "Olive D." being on the wall and Walter's comment about "You're not the same girl" - while meant figuratively - could possibly be pointing to more alter-world shenanigans. Especially after the alter-named "Manhatan" in the beginning, it made me pay attention to more of the written words shown in the show.

Also, in response to Olivia seeing Peter flicker - is it not possible that she was scared to go on a "date" with him? Scared to [continue to] fall in love with him, to let down her walls? Just my theory...

Funny you mention that WSB, that's the same thing I was telling my wife last night. She's not afraid of anything, except allowing her self to fall in love again...after the whole fiasco with her fiance, she surely put up some walls, and as Peter was breaking them down yesterday, she freaked out.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']When Peter was brought to the dimension we know, I wonder what was sent over to the other dimension to restore balance...dead Peter? Then again, it seems like it's random...:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Yeah, hopefully they explain that.

This episode was great, and shows how awesome the series can be if they just did more work with tying in the main story with the problem of the week shows. I immediately noticed Manhattan spelled incorrectly, and wondered how they could let that slip, but it seems you guys here think it was done purposely to show the subtle differences between the two realities, which is certainly a possibility. It would be great if they put 5-10 minutes into each show about the main story and then every so often have 1-2 episodes in a row dealing with the main story entirely.

Also, good catch on the combination being the date of the season finale, I had not thought of that at all.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Fringe has become one of my absolute favorite TV shows. One of the few stories that I'm actually interested in seeing what happens next.

I kept thinking with the little girl's name being "Olive" and "Olive D." being on the wall and Walter's comment about "You're not the same girl" - while meant figuratively - could possibly be pointing to more alter-world shenanigans. Especially after the alter-named "Manhatan" in the beginning, it made me pay attention to more of the written words shown in the show.

Also, in response to Olivia seeing Peter flicker - is it not possible that she was scared to go on a "date" with him? Scared to [continue to] fall in love with him, to let down her walls? Just my theory...[/QUOTE]

Great catch on the Manhatan. If you pay attention in the opening scene the guy with the coffee comments on how someone he knew had a secret stash, leading one to believe that coffee is not easily accessible in the alternative universe.

I still don't understand how they just go on vacation before the season is over but I guess it was planned long ago.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']When Peter was brought to the dimension we know, I wonder what was sent over to the other dimension to restore balance...dead Peter? Then again, it seems like it's random...:whistle2:k
[/QUOTE]

Based on how it randomly took something of the same mass with the building, there is no guarantee that both Peters were the same size exactly. It could have snatched up a random child, possibly still left unbalanced as of yet or something else happened because the gateway Walter used was different.

Even during Season 1 they were dropping a shitload of hints regarding Peter and the other side. The biggest hint was probably Walter visiting Peter's grave. If you couldn't figure out yourself you should kill yourself.

You make it seem like someone here was shocked...we've all known. We've been discussing and theorizing the implications of his abduction.

[quote name='IRHari']Even during Season 1 they were dropping a shitload of hints regarding Peter and the other side. The biggest hint was probably Walter visiting Peter's grave. If you couldn't figure out yourself you should kill yourself.[/QUOTE]

Were we sure that was this worlds Walter? I don't remember that scene too well. Could it have been other Walter visiting his son's grave since he was taken from him. He(other walter) could think he is gone/dead so he has a grave for him.

Long time viewer but the first time I've posted in this thread. This show is a must watch for my wife and me. I look forward to it more than I used to look forward to X-Files back in the day.

My wife and I are trying to figure out how Peter is going to discover that he's from the other dimension but I had a thought. Maybe he already knows. It's not like it's something you say when you meet someone. "Hi, my name is Peter and I come from another dimension." It could be his secret and maybe some of the stuff he was up to before were attempts to either go back or figure out how the travel affected him. After all, Olivia has visions of the other side and it's feasible that Peter had or continues to have them.

If he doesn't know, she had the crazy thought that he would run into his grave accidentally. How crazy would that be?

love love love Fringe, great twist to that episode im under the impression that he swapped the Peter for th eone that died in the car crash

[quote name='monkeychunkuk']love love love Fringe, great twist to that episode im under the impression that he swapped the Peter for th eone that died in the car crash[/QUOTE]

Your impression would be very correct.

This show is great - I do wish they would do more mythology episodes instead of the monster of the week ones. I know the rating aren't great but the hiatus isn't that bad - the Winter Olympics are starting so I think a lot of shows are taking a break.

[quote name='monkeychunkuk']love love love Fringe, great twist to that episode im under the impression that he swapped the Peter for th eone that died in the car crash[/QUOTE]

This was confirmed last season or in the beginning of this season...Sounds like you might have missed that episode.

I thought he died from some kind of sickness; the observer saved them from the car crash.

FYI season continues this Thursday. The previews indicate a flashback episode revealing how young Peter died and how Walter kidnapped the Peter we know.

So pumped for this Thurs.!

So I was up in Vancouver BC about a week ago and they were filming an episode of Fringe near the Sylvia hotel. I don't know anything about this show, so I don't know if that's where they usually film, but just a heads up.

I'm really psyched for this, I'm eager to see (or figure out, although hints have been scarce) what was sent over to the other side since Peter was brought over.

The commercials for tomorrow look really good. Is it just me or does it look like they are showing alot of the upcoming episodes?

[quote name='neocisco']I loved the 80's opening sequence; plus...

Back to the Future starring
Eric Stoltz.
:lol:[/QUOTE]

The opening was really cool. I was reminded of something in particular but can't put my finger on what.

I think the show needed to make sure the main storyline was progressing, when some of the earlier episodes totally abandoned it. Overall I felt like the show did a decent job of story telling, but felt lacking compared to the average fringe episode.

Excellent episode, and excellent opening sequence. Though I'm left to wonder what happened to Walternate? I'm pretty sure the wife would have either killed him or turned him into the police for kidnapping...I wonder if we'll ever know.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']The opening was really cool. I was reminded of something in particular but can't put my finger on what.

I think the show needed to make sure the main storyline was progressing, when some of the earlier episodes totally abandoned it. Overall I felt like the show did a decent job of story telling, but felt lacking compared to the average fringe episode.[/QUOTE]
Computer Chronicles?

I cannot adequately express how much I love this show. It excites my imagination and piques my interest like no other program.

If there's anyone else that watches both Lost and Fringe, did anyone else make the connection between Jacob's lighthouse in Lost and Walter's time-space "picture frame" in Fringe? I know the series are both by the same creators, and the connections between the universes will probably never get a chance to be explored, but so many of the elements seem to connect between shows.

bread's done
Back