GameCube & GBA PreOwned Games Now In Stock At Gamestop! 75% Off All GC & GBA Games Discount Now Works Again!

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
The deal is back on! They even restocked some GBA games this time, which are also 75% off. But beware to all those who are picky because I can almost guarantee that they will be disc only. But for 75% off, and the additional 10% for PUR members, who can complain? If you go on and see a bunch of crap games, don't give up! They will randomly restock at random times throughout the day (usually around 11pm-2am est or 7-9am est from past experiences).

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

I also wanted to point out that they WON'T be complete and they WILL have scratches, maybe even to the point of not working at all.

Also don't forget to use the "SAVER" promo code to get free value shipping on any order over $25.

What happens if the games I receive don't work?
Once you recieve your games and you have some that don't work, no worries! Just go to your local gamestop with the packing slip and they will give you a refund. Below is what the packing slip says about returning at a store:

1. Original packing list is required for all returns or exchanges.
2. Must be returned or exchanged in original condition with all packaging and contents
3. Store policy may differ, please contact your local store for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
20 bucks for a GC w/ first party controller is decent. I honestly see a lot of cubes system only for 5 bucks. but theres a local store around me that sells console only for 10 bucks w/ plenty in stock. I see first party GC controllers at Goodwill ALL the time for ~5 bucks. Add in the wires and youve arrived at around the same price. Having said that, id still look at goodwill lol because it usually comes with extras when you find it. (One of my cubes was 15 bucks at goodwill with Mario Kart and the 1024 Memory Card and the other was complete in box w/ 2 controllers for 15 also at goodwill)

[quote name='209chromatic']maybe trade in that truck for something more fuel efficient?[/QUOTE]

Man, that truck is 21 years old, paid off, cheap on insurance, and running like a Swiss watch. Like hell I'll trade it in. :cool:

[quote name='evuong']Is there still 75% off preowned GC games? For some reason, some of my stores have mario kart restocked[/QUOTE]

as far as I know, it works online. My stores don't have much of anything, but I might pick up Wave Race and Narnia for $1

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']What the hell? A year ago the GameCubes were $9.99....[/QUOTE]

I work at GameStop and don't remember this...

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I work at GameStop and don't remember this...[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, maybe it was the Xbox then. I know something was $10.

I stopped by the local GS to see if they had any left. And they did! In the color I wanted, too! I picked up a Platinum Gamecube (including the cables and a black OEM controller), Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, the Microphone and a 1-year warranty for $28. The warranty was only $2.99. Well worth it, especially on a used system. It was the last Gamecube they had in stock and the last one any GS had within a 20 mile radius of me.

And he even gave me 2 game guides!

[quote name='FlyingAce39']I stopped by the local GS to see if they had any left. And they did! In the color I wanted, too! I picked up a Platinum Gamecube (including the cables and a black OEM controller), Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, the Microphone and a 1-year warranty for $28. The warranty was only $2.99. Well worth it, especially on a used system. It was the last Gamecube they had in stock and the last one any GS had within a 20 mile radius of me.

And he even gave me 2 game guides![/QUOTE]

Nice find. I found a purple one in my area but there was no games.

[quote name='AionTelos']Darn, a few minutes slow on Mario Party 6 and Harvest Moon :([/QUOTE]

you lucked out probably would have been defective anyway.

[quote name='cero5']you lucked out probably would have been defective anyway.[/QUOTE]

I assume I can always just return them to my local gamestop©

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I still have my Gamecube hooked up to play my library of games along with GBA cartridges. Actually, I also have my Dreamcast and Saturn hooked up, too despite also owning the consoles from this generation haha.[/QUOTE]

As do I and the gamecube with official component cables looks awesome on my HDTV.

[quote name='ps2emotions']As do I and the gamecube with official component cables looks awesome on my HDTV.[/QUOTE]

I have the gameboy player and like 20 gba. The only thing i need is the component cable

yeah about the tax thing i think they know because i bought 12 games for $20.45 + tax $9.63 = $30.08, and i only had $33.49 on my PUR Card and i recently checked and i have $11.20, so really tax charged was $1.84.
So my purchase was actually $20.45 + $1.84 = $22.28 for 12 games :D

BTW did use 15FREE, PUR 10% off, free shipping. overall great deal.

*sorted by best selling*

*Shadow the Hedgehog on top*

hBVVAeX.gif

[quote name='handsomepete']For anyone that has the means (i.e. the GBA connection cable and a GBA) Pac Man VS is stupid fun. A friend of mine and I would play that and Wario Ware for hours.[/QUOTE]

I can't agree more with this, I used to play all the time.

I got excited when I saw this thread, thought I might finally get 4 Swords Adventures. Imagine my dissapointment when I find out it's a month old :(

[quote name='dys006']:( to Star Fox going out of stock while I'm checking out.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, man.

Worst part is, the site STILL says the game's in stock.

I consider my Gamecube collection "complete" but from what I've seen from all old consoles that were going out the door in GS that their used conditions go from decent to terrible. If someone manages to get something complete AND in good condition (online), I seriously commend you. Checking out the games in store would likely give you a better chance of getting something in decent condition.

Also, if anyone is still buying Gamecube games in 2013, I'd personally suggest checking out pawn shops as most typically have GC titles for $5 (maybe not all good but still) and even asking friends for GC games, I'm sure some would probably give them to you at this point.

Anyway, good luck to you all. :cool:

*Stares at my copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance*

[quote name='SanjiX']I consider my Gamecube collection "complete" but from what I've seen from all old consoles that were going out the door in GS that their used conditions go from decent to terrible. If someone manages to get something complete AND in good condition (online), I seriously commend you. Checking out the games in store would likely give you a better chance of getting something in decent condition.

Also, if anyway is still buying Gamecube games in 2013, I'd personally suggest checking out pawn shops as most typically have GC titles for $5 (maybe not all good but still) and even asking friends for GC games, I'm sure some would probably give them to you at this point.

Anyway, good luck to you all. :cool:

*Stares at my copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance*[/QUOTE]
I was given a copy of pikmin.. didn't even ask to keep it just borrow.
I would totally buy another GC if it was guaranteed purple. I have a platinum w/ plat gbplayer but I'd love an original purple.

[quote name='200STM']Do you guys know if Official Gamecube controllers get the 70% off too?[/QUOTE]

When Gameboy stuff went on clearance, all the accessories were 75% off as well. But that was years ago.

[quote name='200STM']Do you guys know if Official Gamecube controllers get the 70% off too?[/QUOTE]

They do, but good luck finding them. Its not really THAT great of a price since it comes out to ~3-4 bucks. I regularly see them for that price at thrift shops, flea markets etc.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']They do, but good luck finding them. Its not really THAT great of a price since it comes out to ~3-4 bucks. I regularly see them for that price at thrift shops, flea markets etc.[/QUOTE]

It's a great price on Wavebirds, if there's somehow one still around. :lol:

I usually shop at Play-N-Trade for my GameCube content. The selection has dried up a bit in recent years, but they still carry a respectable number of titles, and usually at reasonable prices. They also carry replacement 3rd-party controllers that are near-identical to the originals, and are sold for only about $15. For around $100 I can walk into Play-N-Trade and walk out with a GameCube, four controllers, a memory card, and three or four decent games.

Not that I need to. My GameCube collection is already pretty solid. There are a few titles I would still like to acquire, but they are few and far between.

Easily my rarest game on hand is Japanese Zelda Twilight Princess.
Not being a collector, I don't have anything special.

If anyone cares, Sonic Riders and SSX 3 are in stock. I haven't played SSX 3, but Riders was pretty fun from what I recall.

My order from last night shipped. The tax got adjusted down from $12 to $2, so my order total ended up being $40.xx for the following:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - GC
Mario Kart Double Dash - GC
Mario Party 5 - GC
Mario Party 6 - Game Only - GC
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - GC
Pac-Man World 2 Bundle w/Pac-M - GC
Pac-Man World Rally - GC
Pikmin - Used - GC
Resident Evil - GC
Resident Evil 4 - GC
Resident Evil Zero - GC
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's - GC
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - GC
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's disc - GC

They had 2 copies of of Legend of Zelda Collector's disc and 6 copies of Mario Kart Double Dash at the time I was checking out. I'm kind of wishing I would have been a hoarder just to increase my odds of getting 1 good copy of each. I only bought one of each, so wish me luck. I don't care if they are disc only at this price. As long as they work, I'm happy.

EDIT: I did actually go back and buy extra Mario Kart and Metroid 2. Zelda was sold out of course. If they somehow all show up in good condition, I'll pay it forward to CAGs who want to buy/trade for what I paid.

in for a gamecube....as my gamecube player the wii has been over heating for the past 2 years and am paranoid it will die.

i also know gamecubes are reliable as hell so the odds of a busted one seem pretty low. and 20 dollars is as cheap as they ever are.

of course i am jus lying to myself who knows when ill work on the GC backlog.

thanks OP

Looks like another restock, I got Mario Kart and Luigi's Mansion. I hope they work, I don't really care about them being disc only or not for the price.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Looks like another restock, I got Mario Kart and Luigi's Mansion. I hope they work, I don't really care about them being disc only or not for the price.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I was trying to check out and Luigi's Mansion and a bunch of others suddenly went out of stock, lol. You beat me. Congrats. :D

Kirby's Air Ride, Mario Party 6, Simpsons hit and run, and metroid prime 2 are all currently in stock. There are probably a few other treasures as well.

I just can't win at this. Was all set to order the same group I'd been eyeing that keeps coming back in stock, but then I had to run out to the car and get my card, and by the time I came back Kirby was OOS:cry:

Managed to get a couple games I have wanted for a while

-Kirby Air Ride (So happy I got this)
-Mario ToadStool Golf
-SSX 3
-From Russia With Love
-Disney Skateboarding ???
-Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
-The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer
-Sonic Riders

Im gonna give up on trying to get Mario Kart Double Dash its just so impossible to get it in the cart and check out in time :( .

I decided to save myself heartache on the game I want at this point looking like it lost a fight with a chainsaw wielding tiger. This is so far at the bottom of the GS barrel, it's full of dashed hopes and dreams.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I just can't win at this. Was all set to order the same group I'd been eyeing that keeps coming back in stock, but then I had to run out to the car and get my card, and by the time I came back Kirby was OOS[/QUOTE]

Why was your card in the car???

[quote name='Hemi']Why was your card in the car???[/QUOTE]

because I forgot to bring it in. Wouldn't have been a problem, as my card is already on my GS account, but for some reason they think I've reached a purchase limit on Metroid Prime, when I haven't even ordered any:cry:

Not to dash anyone's hopes but I'm returning all the games I received yesterday. Some were cracked and others were not reading. Definitely the bottom of the barrel discs that looked like they were re-grinded. Also picked up a silver refurb gamecube that has a huge 1 inch wide scrape across the top with a knock off black controller. Taking it all back today. I'll give it to them for their shipping though, used SAVER and it was here next day.

[quote name='spamfree2']Not to dash anyone's hopes but I'm returning all the games I received yesterday. Some were cracked and others were not reading. Definitely the bottom of the barrel discs that looked like they were re-grinded. Also picked up a silver refurb gamecube that has a huge 1 inch wide scrape across the top with a knock off black controller. Taking it all back today. I'll give it to them for their shipping though, used SAVER and it was here next day.[/QUOTE]

I was afraid of that, but yea im expecting the quality to be very poor at this point.

bread's done
Back