GameCube & GBA PreOwned Games Now In Stock At Gamestop! 75% Off All GC & GBA Games Discount Now Works Again!

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
The deal is back on! They even restocked some GBA games this time, which are also 75% off. But beware to all those who are picky because I can almost guarantee that they will be disc only. But for 75% off, and the additional 10% for PUR members, who can complain? If you go on and see a bunch of crap games, don't give up! They will randomly restock at random times throughout the day (usually around 11pm-2am est or 7-9am est from past experiences).

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

I also wanted to point out that they WON'T be complete and they WILL have scratches, maybe even to the point of not working at all.

Also don't forget to use the "SAVER" promo code to get free value shipping on any order over $25.

What happens if the games I receive don't work?
Once you recieve your games and you have some that don't work, no worries! Just go to your local gamestop with the packing slip and they will give you a refund. Below is what the packing slip says about returning at a store:

1. Original packing list is required for all returns or exchanges.
2. Must be returned or exchanged in original condition with all packaging and contents
3. Store policy may differ, please contact your local store for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my first shipment in today from all of these restocks. I haven't tested any of the games yet, but out of 8 games, 2 of them came in their original cases (Pokemon Channel and Timesplitters 2), so they're already better than I expected. Most of the discs looked decent, only 1 or 2 looked like they may not work, but I'll have to test them first to be sure.

Honestly, based off some of the comments people have made in this thread and from what I'd heard elsewhere pre-owned gamecube games from Gamestop.com hardly ever work. I'll take my chances at finding what I'm looking for at yard sales and pawn shops.

Good luck to those that do order and have the games work.

The machines Gamestop uses for resurfacing discs are a complete joke. I imagine many of the discs actually look worse after they have been resurfaced than they did before. This is one of the few things Best Buy actually does better when it comes to used games.

[quote name='winterlane']The machines Gamestop uses for resurfacing discs are a complete joke. I imagine many of the discs actually look worse after they have been resurfaced than they did before. This is one of the few things Best Buy actually does better when it comes to used games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm guessing it's a fully automated process... I've gotten so many games with damage on the artwork size (which is much closer to the actual data) and the amount of residue build up in the middle would suggest that nobody bothers to check the machines ever.

[quote name='winterlane']The machines Gamestop uses for resurfacing discs are a complete joke. I imagine many of the discs actually look worse after they have been resurfaced than they did before. This is one of the few things Best Buy actually does better when it comes to used games.[/QUOTE]

I have the same machine and I can tell you it's the user not the machine. The artwork damage comes from when you don't properly clean where the disc mounts. The buildup is from too much compound.

Now if you have artwork damage and you want to make a last ditch resort to get your game working borrow some of your girlfriends clear nail polish and brush a little where the art is damaged, working it to as thin as possible and extending slightly on either side of the scratch. It works maybe 25% of the time but if its just trash at that point it's worth a try. I've had quite a few 360 games that would get to a certain percentage then come up unreadable but would work perfect with the nail polish over the scratch.

yea if gamestop had best buys resurfacing machine gamestop would gain at least a million internetz pointz

I got some stuff that I was slightly interested in, but the two things I really wanted, Wario World and Star Fox Adventures, didn't ship.

And when the hell are we getting Eternal Darkness, Fire Emblem, and Zelda Four Swords back in stock.

AHAHAHA goodluck on those EVER coming back. These are only the ones getting sent back/sent to the warehouse. Nobody would send THOSE back.

[quote name='Squall Leonheart']I got some stuff that I was slightly interested in, but the two things I really wanted, Wario World and Star Fox Adventures, didn't ship.

And when the hell are we getting Eternal Darkness, Fire Emblem, and Zelda Four Swords back in stock.[/QUOTE]

Why would they restock them? The whole point of this clearance is to get rid of Gamecube products altogether.

[quote name='whitereflection']Why would they restock them? The whole point of this clearance is to get rid of Gamecube products altogether.[/QUOTE]

One can hope unlikely as it is :(

Mario Golf and Mario Tennis ended up showing up in stock this morning, so I just caved and got 'em.

I think I'm probably done with waiting for the others now.

Damn I missed the Zelda CE disc by thiiiiiis much last night. Thing went out of stock when I hit the submit order button.

[quote name='mitch079']Damn I missed the Zelda CE disc by thiiiiiis much last night. Thing went out of stock when I hit the submit order button.[/QUOTE]

can't believe that was even available, you guys are way more dedicated than I am;) wish gamestop had an alert system like newegg, but chances are even that would be to slow

My 6 games came in today; luckily WWE DOR 2, Batman Vengeance, Metroid Prime and Rogue Squadron 2 all worked! Batman Begins wouldn't kick past the EA screen and Custom Robo wouldn't start up at all :(

I ordered 2 copies of Custom Robo, just in case and I'm glad I did since 1 copy works. The other copy was really resurfaced badly but I didn't even test it since the is a large crack in the disc.

I... just can't imagine them having anything that works. I want to try but am to afraid to.:whistle2:k

Did anyone get their orders from the last re-stock?

EDIT* fuck it.. why not. In for Twilight Princess & Luigi's Mansion.

EDIT2* Nevermind... TP sold out as I was trying to check out, and then Luigi's Mansion sold out after the page refresh.:whistle2:/

i couldn't apply the 15off code cause i rushed lol but got the following games(hope i get them)
*crosses fingers*

zelda twilight princess
zelda collectors edition
mario kart double dash
mario superstar baseball

Ordered Twilight Princess, Luigi's Mansion, and Smash bros. I think my gamecube collection is going to be pretty fucking nice if these discs actually work.

Does anyone know the name of that website that sells the cover art and manuals for games? And last black friday they had a 75% off of everything sale? I was dead broke then, but next black friday I'm going to want to save some $$$ to complete these games if possible.

[quote name='Vinny']I... just can't imagine them having anything that works. I want to try but am to afraid to.:whistle2:k

Did anyone get their orders from the last re-stock? [/QUOTE]

I got an order in yesterday. I ended up getting Custom Robo, Metroid Prime 2, Pokemon Channel, Sonic Adventure DX, Star Fox Adventures, Star Fox Assault, Timesplitters 2, TMNT, and TMNT 2. Out of all of those, Sonic Adventure, Star Fox Assault, and TMNT 2 did not work. Surprisingly enough, Pokemon Channel came with the original case and Timesplitters 2 was complete.

[quote name='theking20']i couldn't apply the 15off code cause i rushed lol but got the following games(hope i get them)
*crosses fingers*

zelda twilight princess
zelda collectors edition
mario kart double dash
mario superstar baseball[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah, nice haul. We are all trying to rush against each other, but I'm happy to be competing with fellow CAGs. It takes the sting out of having stuff disappear when I click the final "complete checkout" button.

[quote name='Disposed Hero']I got an order in yesterday. I ended up getting Custom Robo, Metroid Prime 2, Pokemon Channel, Sonic Adventure DX, Star Fox Adventures, Star Fox Assault, Timesplitters 2, TMNT, and TMNT 2. Out of all of those, Sonic Adventure, Star Fox Assault, and TMNT 2 did not work. Surprisingly enough, Pokemon Channel came with the original case and Timesplitters 2 was complete.[/QUOTE]

6 out of 9 working is great. 2 out of 9 with covers is great. I'd be satisfied if I ended up with those numbers.

Manage to snag Luigi's Mansion, Smash Bros Melee, Zelda Collectors Edition, Mario Party 7 and Mario Kart DD before they went OOS

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']:bomb::bomb::bomb: Why am I always to late on these!!!![/QUOTE]

I felt the same way about half a dozen times. I kept missing it by a minute or three. Eventually you will catch one. Just keep the website bookmarked and check it late at night whenever you get a chance.

I think firefox refreshed it automatically for me when I just left the page open. I was cleaning the cheap 50% off games I bought from gamestop today and I looked up at my screen and saw Twilight Princess and The Zelda Collectors disc and said "You've got to be fucking kidding me!"

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']6 out of 9 working is great. 2 out of 9 with covers is great. I'd be satisfied if I ended up with those numbers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a better success rate than most of my orders from January, and as far as I can tell getting the original cases with the games is pretty much unheard of. I just hope I can be so lucky with the rest of the shipments I have coming in. *crosses fingers*

[quote name='Disposed Hero']Yeah, that's a better success rate than most of my orders from January, and as far as I can tell getting the original cases with the games is pretty much unheard of. I just hope I can be so lucky with the rest of the shipments I have coming in. *crosses fingers*[/QUOTE]

you guys need to leave some for me next restock...please?:pray:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']you guys need to leave some for me next restock...please?:pray:[/QUOTE]

Ok, since you asked nicely. ;)

Actually, I already decided that I was done driving myself crazy trying to get the jump on these restocks. I've gotten plenty of stuff already, and probably spent way more money than I should have on games that might not even work.

[quote name='Disposed Hero']Ok, since you asked nicely. ;)

Actually, I already decided that I was done driving myself crazy trying to get the jump on these restocks. I've gotten plenty of stuff already, and probably spent way more money than I should have on games that might not even work.[/QUOTE]

You are reading my mind. On top of that I had to give money to H&R block, had to give money to IRS, so no more money left to give gamestop for a while.

I also need to see the condition some of these games come in. I can't say I have a good feeling about zelda and mario and resident evil and metroid and kirby games that gamestop still hasn't been able to get rid of at this point.

What if these games are just in a vicious cycle of being bought on gamestop.com, returned to gamestop stores, bought on gamestop.com, returned to gamestop stores, forever and ever. These are the horrible thoughts that keep me awake at night.:whistle2:k

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']You are reading my mind. On top of that I had to give money to H&R block, had to give money to IRS, so no more money left to give gamestop for a while.

I also need to see the condition some of these games come in. I can't say I have a good feeling about zelda and mario and resident evil and metroid and kirby games that gamestop still hasn't been able to get rid of at this point.

What if these games are just in a vicious cycle of being bought on gamestop.com, returned to gamestop stores, bought on gamestop.com, returned to gamestop stores, forever and ever. These are the horrible thoughts that keep me awake at night.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not too optimistic about some of these rarer games working. I snagged a copy of Twilight Princess and the Zelda Collector's Disc, but I'll probably end up having to return them. I thought I scored a copy of Twilight Princess back in January, but ended up having to return it. :cry:

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Does anyone know the name of that website that sells the cover art and manuals for games? And last black friday they had a 75% off of everything sale? I was dead broke then, but next black friday I'm going to want to save some $$$ to complete these games if possible.[/QUOTE]

http://shop.bresoftware.com/

Normally it's shipping that kills the deal, but they're going to offer free shipping Monday if you want to buy ahead of time. Though I wouldn't.

For all of you buying in this deal, coming from someone who was around the first time this was going, and tried to get in on it more than once, don't be one bit surprised if not one of these work. There were so many the first time around that were DOA that I can't even imagine what kind of condition these leftovers must be in.

[quote name='Disposed Hero']Yeah, I'm not too optimistic about some of these rarer games working. I snagged a copy of Twilight Princess and the Zelda Collector's Disc, but I'll probably end up having to return them. I thought I scored a copy of Twilight Princess back in January, but ended up having to return it. :cry:[/QUOTE]

It might very well be the exact same copy.

[quote name='Disposed Hero']Yeah, I'm not too optimistic about some of these rarer games working. I snagged a copy of Twilight Princess and the Zelda Collector's Disc, but I'll probably end up having to return them. I thought I scored a copy of Twilight Princess back in January, but ended up having to return it. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I had to return a ton of games because of their shitty machines... I guess I shouldn't feel too bad seeing my luck with the previous batches.

[quote name='abbabaab']http://shop.bresoftware.com/

Normally it's shipping that kills the deal, but they're going to offer free shipping Monday if you want to buy ahead of time. Though I wouldn't.

For all of you buying in this deal, coming from someone who was around the first time this was going, and tried to get in on it more than once, don't be one bit surprised if not one of these work. There were so many the first time around that were DOA that I can't even imagine what kind of condition these leftovers must be in.

It might very well be the exact same copy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I forgot the name of the website. I think 75% might have been cheaper for me because there's at least 100 items I want to buy (just covers and manuals). But if I'm just buying a couple items, the free shipping is probably cheaper? Does that make sense?

I think i got really lucky. The two games i ordered (Sonic Riders and Zatch Bell) came in today and what surprised me was that sonic riders came in its original box with manual and everything. Zatch bell did not though. I checked out the discs and they were pretty much perfect, no resurfacing. Tested them both awhile ago and they're working perfectly.

restock, hurry while you can.

I came to the realization that I will almost certainly never play these games, and went ahead and canceled my order. So that means Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, Mario Golf/Baseball, Harvest Moon MM, Soul Caliber 2, and a few others are up for grabs. I feel stupid for spending time moaning about not getting anything, but I've got enough games to play as is right now. Hope you guys get some good deals:)

wth... When did they start charging tax pre-discounts?!

Before Discounts: $116.84
Discounts: -$90.55
Subtotal: $26.29
Estimated Tax: $10.84
Handling: $3.49
Total: $40.62

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks. I forgot the name of the website. I think 75% might have been cheaper for me because there's at least 100 items I want to buy (just covers and manuals). But if I'm just buying a couple items, the free shipping is probably cheaper? Does that make sense?[/QUOTE]

I made a small chart a while back on the shipping charges for PS2 cases (with cover and manual). Probably would cost the same for Gamecube cases. Not going to guarantee that it's completely accurate now, though.

2013-04-13_232030_zps33942ff7.png

[quote name='indy2029']wth... When did they start charging tax pre-discounts?!

Before Discounts: $116.84
Discounts: -$90.55
Subtotal: $26.29
Estimated Tax: $10.84
Handling: $3.49
Total: $40.62[/QUOTE]

It will get adjusted once they process the order.

I got Day of Reckoning 2, Sonic Mega Collection, Pinball Hall of Fame, and Namco Museum 50th Anniversary for a total of $6.70. Games arrived yesterday, tried them tonight and all 4 work fine and the discs all appear to be in really good condition. I had also ordered Starfox Assault but it wasn't in the package that came.

Battle for Bikini Bottom and SSX: On Tour came in today.

On Tour works like a dream, Battle for Bikini Bottom doesn't work.

My brother called Gamestop and tried returning it, but he tells me that I'm just going to get a refund and can keep the game.

bread's done
Back