GameCube & GBA PreOwned Games Now In Stock At Gamestop! 75% Off All GC & GBA Games Discount Now Works Again!

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
The deal is back on! They even restocked some GBA games this time, which are also 75% off. But beware to all those who are picky because I can almost guarantee that they will be disc only. But for 75% off, and the additional 10% for PUR members, who can complain? If you go on and see a bunch of crap games, don't give up! They will randomly restock at random times throughout the day (usually around 11pm-2am est or 7-9am est from past experiences).

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

I also wanted to point out that they WON'T be complete and they WILL have scratches, maybe even to the point of not working at all.

Also don't forget to use the "SAVER" promo code to get free value shipping on any order over $25.

What happens if the games I receive don't work?
Once you recieve your games and you have some that don't work, no worries! Just go to your local gamestop with the packing slip and they will give you a refund. Below is what the packing slip says about returning at a store:

1. Original packing list is required for all returns or exchanges.
2. Must be returned or exchanged in original condition with all packaging and contents
3. Store policy may differ, please contact your local store for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
this may be the last of the big restocks. My order for Starfox and Ninja Turtles 3 was removed and Gamestop contacted me to notify me that they will no longer be available. (as opposed to before when the order just sat on open and items were shipped as they became available). On the plus side, they did give me a 10 dollar coupon for my trouble. (even though I was ok with it haha)

Is there any way to sort the list of games on the GS site so that it only shows games that are available online (or sorts with those at top or something)? Obviously the store stock is hit or miss (and I know the 1 or 2 locations that might still have some), but if I could check the website periodically without having to scroll thru 500+ games I might order some.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Is there any way to sort the list of games on the GS site so that it only shows games that are available online (or sorts with those at top or something)? Obviously the store stock is hit or miss (and I know the 1 or 2 locations that might still have some), but if I could check the website periodically without having to scroll thru 500+ games I might order some.[/QUOTE]

Click "Usually Ships in 24-Hours" in the left column.

I went to a store today that had a couple of Zelda games.

Also, they did another small restock online, not much left now.

I'm probably cancelling an order soon that has MP 7, Melee and Super Monkey Ball because I'm broke. :cold:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Click "Usually Ships in 24-Hours" in the left column.[/QUOTE]

Anyone notice that there are only 8 items in stock right now for shipping? Did we buy everything? ;)

The bad news is that the Luigi's Mansion and Mario Kart double dash I received today did not work. the Mario kart game is the worst one I've seen so far and the Gamestop warehouse guy who inspected and approved this one should be fucking fired
and maybe punched in the fucking nuts

The good news is that the 2nd Luigi's Mansion I bought worked and the Smash Bros Melee I bought worked. \\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Anyone notice that there are only 8 items in stock right now for shipping? Did we buy everything? ;)

The bad news is that the Luigi's Mansion and Mario Kart double dash I received today did not work. the Mario kart game is the worst one I've seen so far and the Gamestop warehouse guy who inspected and approved this one should be fucking fired

The good news is that the 2nd Luigi's Mansion I bought worked and the Smash Bros Melee I bought worked. \\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/[/QUOTE]

wow, lucked out there. Yeah, I expect things are pretty much done. Was surprised when they started showing up after so long after being gone in the first place.

What a coincidence, one of MY mario kart's worked, just did a quick race no problems!!!... the other looked like it lost a fight with a record player... 1/2 not bad!!!
Tough luck ninja lol.

[quote name='Hemi']What a coincidence, one of MY mario kart's worked, just did a quick race no problems!!!... the other looked like it lost a fight with a record player... 1/2 not bad!!!
Tough luck ninja lol.[/QUOTE]

Eh, you win some you lose some. Glad you got one that worked;)

Mario Kart was the only thing that didn't work out of my haul. I tried returning it to GameStop today but the employee refused since they don't carry GCN stuff anymore.. Should I try another store?

I'd send it back in the mail, but it seems like they expect me to spend my own money to send back a game they butchered with their atrocious resurfacing machine.

It's not their resurfacing machine. The game was probably defective already and they tried to buffer it to no avail. It wouldn't hurt to try another store.

[quote name='whitereflection']It's not their resurfacing machine. The game was probably defective already and they tried to buffer it to no avail. It wouldn't hurt to try another store.[/QUOTE]

Improper resurfacing can destroy a game. Gamecube discs are even more prone to this due to their size.

Yeah my games got buffered to the max from what I'm seeing

I just got the Zelda collectors disc and it was disc only and buffed and looked like glue on the middle 0_o

Won't play the wind waker demo but Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 nes work

I'm getting twilight princess soon from Gamestop and I hope that works, I want to finally finish it

The copy of Eternal Darkness I got in-store works, so I'm happy. The only other games I want are the Zelda ones and Skies of Arcadia Legends and that's not happening in a million years, so.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Another small restock, Double Dash and Smash Bros., Mario Party 5 and 7 are available for shipping[/QUOTE]

Damn. I would have like to buy Mario Party 7 last night. I didn't notice any restocks tonight. Did I miss it? Maybe they are just slowing down because the stock is dwindling to nothing.

Received my copy of Smash Brothers Melee. Won't even boot up.

I wasn't really expecting much but it is a bit disappointing that it didn't work. Hopefully I will at least be able to do a in-store return. But with that I think I'm going to call it quits with adding to my Gamecube collection via Gamestop. I would much rather pay a bit more than waste the time on gambling with GS.

Double Dash and Melee are in stock for shipping. Just ordered a copy of DD, myself.

Mario Party 5 and 7 say they're in stock, but they're showing up in my cart as out of stock. Darn.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Anyone notice that there are only 8 items in stock right now for shipping? Did we buy everything? ;)

The good news is that the 2nd Luigi's Mansion I bought worked and the Smash Bros Melee I bought worked. \\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/[/QUOTE]

While that sucks that you got bad copies of the games, I got to say I was expecting a picture for the spoiler, but I still chuckled at what you wrote lol.

Hopefully some CAG early birds got in on this one instead of us usual night owls.

I'm probably actually done with this sale for real now (unless GC games go 90% off). My Twilight Princess and Smash Bros came in the mail yesterday and neither worked. The discs actually look really good too. Luckily I already got a smash bros that worked and I have Twilight Princess for the Wii, so this didn't hurt too bad.

Mario Kart wasn't applying the 75% off code, then it was gone. but it sounds like I didn't really miss out, considering how many broken games are getting shipped.

[quote name='swatman27']Anyone know how to get that blue residue off the middle of the discs?[/QUOTE]

Mine has grey/white sticker residue and it's annoying, I'm trying everything lol

If you guys have Wiis try the games on there, my Zelda twilight princess won't even get past the "press any button" screen on my gamecube but it works on wii

After about 30 minutes of playing I got a "can not read disc" then just took it out and put it back in. Yup it's ghetto :p

I must be killing my Wii disc drive but I haven't used it since skyward sword so oh well

Really disappointing gamestop

I dunno about you guys, but I ended up getting almost all of my games in working condition. The one that didn't work was Spongebob. Sure, they came in filthy generic cases, but...

5/6 makes me feel fortunate.

Woah, thanks!

I was honestly wondering where I'd get the cases for these things. Now I don't have to find cheap shovelware games and pillage their cases anymore.

[quote name='swatman27']Anyone know how to get that blue residue off the middle of the discs?[/QUOTE]

it's from gamestop's refurb machines. I got a PS2 game with that and it doesn't seem to come off.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']it's from gamestop's refurb machines. I got a PS2 game with that and it doesn't seem to come off.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm probably wrong, but to me it looks like some of the gunk is actually crammed in between the pieces of plastic.

disc_layers.jpg

GS is such a scam. Here is what I was sent when I inquired about the tax that was charged on one of my GC orders that I returned which I did not get the full amount back. I used my trade credit to pay for the items. ( I have never been charged taxes in store):

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We do apologize for any inconvenience and frustration.

When you return a item for a refund, the tax is not refunded.

If you have any additional questions, you can respond to this email; or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am to 8pm at 800-883-8895.

Isn't that basically stealing? I never heard of any store having that policy. I'd dispute the extra charges with the credit card company.

Too bad I used my trade credit to purchase the items.... 1) They should not have charged me tax since I used my trade credit in the first place. I have never been charged tax when I use my trade credit ( I'm in TX) 2) It was their fault for sending me the defective item. Let me show you what I returned among other things.

IMG_9365.jpg

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Exactly. I'm probably wrong, but to me it looks like some of the gunk is actually crammed in between the pieces of plastic.

disc_layers.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It is. If you cut a small, thin strip of copy paper, you can just slip it between the cracks and move the gunk around. You can improve the look using this trick but more often than not, you'll make it worse because of the interior crevasse.

Out of the games I ordered, about 80% of them were defective. I had to send back a huge box of games back to their warehouse. What a headache.

Not worth it in my opinion.

In the first round of sales, I ordered about 20 games online, 19 of them came to me with all the gunk and residue described in the thread. I returned all of them. I'm guessing gamestop probably tries to resurface them and do not do any play testing to verify if they work or not. I'm glad I sat this sale out... learned from my first (and only) experience. Happy to see some people got working games, but not surprised to see that people are still getting defective games.

[quote name='spamfree2']Too bad I used my trade credit to purchase the items.... 1) They should not have charged me tax since I used my trade credit in the first place. I have never been charged tax when I use my trade credit ( I'm in TX) 2) It was their fault for sending me the defective item. Let me show you what I returned among other things.

IMG_9365.jpg
[/QUOTE]

wow i really am lucky some of my games looks twice as bad and still work.pokemon gale of darkness is cracked right in the middle and plays fine.

Just returned the defective MK:DD, Metroid Prime 2 (echoes), and Mario Golf. but from online I've gotten a working Mario Kart (had ordered two), a working Metroid Prime (so far), and a Mario Baseball with origional case (no manual). So if you count the resurfaced PS2 game I'm 4 outa 7. Very happy (although the metroid 2 was a tease, lets you start but doesn't get througn the new game text...)

Finally got around to a semi-distant store that still had Gamecube games in stock (in the area for another reason), not much to pick over at this point. Only picked up Rebel Strike and Tetris Worlds (both disc only but in good condition), though I'm surprised they even had anything halfway decent at this point.

It was already risky at 75% .. Now being full price it will cost you even more if they don't play. You'll be out of shipping , tax, and maybe even return shipping.

[quote name='Cola64']The 75% discount is gone.

Star Fox Adventures and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour are in stock.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that this afternoon. Was happy. Then not when I got to checkout. :roll:

Well fuck me, Star Fox Assault is still in the mail at full price. Think I can get a price match or something?

EDIT: fuck! Mario Party 7 OOS'd when I was checking out.

Just placed an order for Twilight Princess for the Cube, still says one is in stock...

... maybe with how bad these discs are I should of bought both, but oh well, I'll take my chances.

... and now its gone.

bread's done
Back