GameCube & GBA PreOwned Games Now In Stock At Gamestop! 75% Off All GC & GBA Games Discount Now Works Again!

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
The deal is back on! They even restocked some GBA games this time, which are also 75% off. But beware to all those who are picky because I can almost guarantee that they will be disc only. But for 75% off, and the additional 10% for PUR members, who can complain? If you go on and see a bunch of crap games, don't give up! They will randomly restock at random times throughout the day (usually around 11pm-2am est or 7-9am est from past experiences).

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

I also wanted to point out that they WON'T be complete and they WILL have scratches, maybe even to the point of not working at all.

Also don't forget to use the "SAVER" promo code to get free value shipping on any order over $25.

What happens if the games I receive don't work?
Once you recieve your games and you have some that don't work, no worries! Just go to your local gamestop with the packing slip and they will give you a refund. Below is what the packing slip says about returning at a store:

1. Original packing list is required for all returns or exchanges.
2. Must be returned or exchanged in original condition with all packaging and contents
3. Store policy may differ, please contact your local store for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
so my gamecube came today.

it looks to be in great shape(even the controller strangely enough) except the covers on the bottom part are missing for some reason.

[quote name='kayne2000']so my gamecube came today.

it looks to be in great shape(even the controller strangely enough) except the covers on the bottom part are missing for some reason.[/QUOTE]

was probably traded in with a gameboy player, which used the ports on the bottom. I know I lost mine ages ago for that very reason.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']was probably traded in with a gameboy player, which used the ports on the bottom. I know I lost mine ages ago for that very reason.[/QUOTE]

ah i gotcha. so do i need to worry about dust getting in that area too much or anything?

You don't need those ports unless you plan to attach something to it. You could always tape something over it so nothing gets in.

[quote name='kayne2000']ah i gotcha. so do i need to worry about dust getting in that area too much or anything?[/QUOTE]

not really. Other than a gameboy player, the rest of it's uses like the network adapter, are completely obsolete. I wouldn't worry about it, though I'm sure you could order some off ebay if you feel you need them.

Well my games came in. 6 out of 19 didnt work. 3 of the 19 came complete. (unfortunately metroid prime 2, which came complete, did not work...), but 13 games, including warioworld and paper mario did work, so I am satisfied with the order. Unfortunately everything has a ton of the resurfacing gunk all over it...

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']not really. Other than a gameboy player, the rest of it's uses like the network adapter, are completely obsolete. I wouldn't worry about it, though I'm sure you could order some off ebay if you feel you need them.[/QUOTE]

Technically the network adapter can still be used. I still play PSO with a few friends on the GameCube version. There are still private servers open, so you can play

well got two of my games canceled :/
zelda twilight princess
zelda collectors edition
bleh.

i might just return both mario kart double dash and mario baseball when i get it, i am expecting really bad condition for both games

[quote name='theking20']well got two of my games canceled :/
zelda twilight princess
zelda collectors edition
bleh.

i might just return both mario kart double dash and mario baseball when i get it, i am expecting really bad condition for both games[/QUOTE]

That blows, their online system isn't the best.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Well my games came in. 6 out of 19 didnt work. 3 of the 19 came complete. (unfortunately metroid prime 2, which came complete, did not work...), but 13 games, including warioworld and paper mario did work, so I am satisfied with the order. Unfortunately everything has a ton of the resurfacing gunk all over it...[/QUOTE]

My shipment of 20 games came today. I haven't had a chance to test them yet, but that gunk is always pretty disgusting. Does anyone know how to get that off the inner plastic ring? Maybe goo gone? I don't even want to put these in my Wii because of that gunk, but I'll try them in my Gamecube.

Out of the 20 games that came today, 1 had original cover art (Pacman 2 pack), but none of the games have manuals, covers, or official gamecube cases. Lots of them have plastic metallic circular stickers on the inner part of the disc (maybe to cover the gunk? hopefully they are not cracked underneath).

The thing that really sucks is that Resident Evil came with two disc 2's and no disc 1. I guess I just need to buy the digital versions from PSN. I've been enjoying Code Veronica X on XBLA, which is my first experience with the "older style" RE games. The controls took me a little while to get used to, but I think I'm used to them now. Now I want to add all of the RE games to my backlog. :roll: Thanks Gamestop for nothing. :whistle2:(

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']My shipment of 20 games came today. I haven't had a chance to test them yet, but that gunk is always pretty disgusting. Does anyone know how to get that off the inner plastic ring? Maybe goo gone? I don't even want to put these in my Wii because of that gunk, but I'll try them in my Gamecube.
[/QUOTE]

I got a few games with the grey gunk around and inside the center. I cleaned the gunk in the outside with baby oil, the gunk in the inside came off by irrigating the center with water from the faucet. A bit of water residue might remain but you can just dry with a cloth/blow the center until it's gone.

Appears to be a small restock tonight. Got Mario Party 5, Kirby's Air Ride and Mario Power Tennis. Don't need double dash otherwise I'd have grabbed that as well.

Well this is weird.

Kirby's air ride is in stock, but not actually in stock. It's sold out when I put it in the cart, same thing went for metroid prime when it was in stock.

I wish there was a way I could be alerted about these restocks the second they happen.

would have liked Double Dash, but my internet was cut out for whatever reason during restock time. Maybe tomorrow I guess.

To the above, that just means someone bought the last copy but the list hasn't updated yet. Usually it's about a five minute delay, so if you can add something to your cart, it's best to hurry up and order it as soon as you can.

There was a small restock this morning.

I added starfox assault, pac man world 2, harvest moon, warioware and viewtiful joe to my cart, but all of them were gone the second I hit "Proceed to checkout"

Then the sonic "You're too slow!" sound effect played over and over in my head shortly after.

One of my orders arrived today with 6 games and they all came in xbox 360 cases. None of them came with instruction manuals and I havent tested them out yet but only one game looked like someone wiped the entire house with it and that was Mario Golf. I hope they all work.

I received my order yesterday. 8 Gamecube games, all disc only (in gamestop generic dvd cases). Only Super Monkey Ball didn't work. Not bad.

Out of the 6 games that i recieved only 3 work the three that didnt work were Kirby Air Ride,Mario Golf, and The Incredibles: rise of the underminers.

How do these discs look? When I was ordering these back when this started, every single disc I ordered had a lot of damage to the cover art side, which is worse than scratches to the clear side (since the data is almost literally under the cover side, versus being protected by a thick layer on the underside).

Four of my five work. Only the one with art side damage doesn't. They all have a fair amount of resurfacing gunk, but the overall quality's good enough.

[quote name='Vinny']How do these discs look? When I was ordering these back when this started, every single disc I ordered had a lot of damage to the cover art side, which is worse than scratches to the clear side (since the data is almost literally under the cover side, versus being protected by a thick layer on the underside).[/QUOTE]

These actually look a lot better than the initial batch. I went through 4 SSMB and 4 Mario Sunshines in the initial January sale...and none of them worked. Back then, like you said, most of the cover art was destroyed (and thus the data). This time around, most are still disc only, but the cover art side of the discs I got actually doesnt look destroyed. Must be because this batch was from the stores that shipped em back to Headquarters. I was expecting even worse than last time, but so far 17/22 play for me.

I just got email confirmation of my copy of Starfox Assault, which I had ordered several days ago, finally shipping.

The four games I already got all were in really good condition, I was pleasantly surprised, I was just hoping for playable but they don't look any more scratched up than any of the games I own.

I've done well. 28/34 seem to read.

Including Splinter Cell Double Agent in that total.
It has an unrelated error, two of "disc 2" lol.

Mario Baseball contains a Club Nintendo code I can't use.
The game is already registered on my account.

the game cube and all 13 games i got work fine, the game cube was in likenew condition, all 13 games had no scratches or cracks, and everything was for $40!

Only game I'm having trouble with is Rogue Squadron 3 of the first 4 i ordered. Might try the toothpaste trick as I really don't wanna hastle over 1 game.

The Gamestop near me says it has Eternal Darkness in stock so I put a hold order on it. Crossing my fingers, but I doubt it's actually there.

EDIT: They actually had it! There was no case but for $3.50 I can't complain. Now I just have to see if it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were two Double Dashes in stock tonight. Was going to buy them and actually had them ordered but decided to cancel. Don't really need them.

[quote name='dodgeme']There were two Double Dashes in stock tonight. Was going to buy them and actually had them ordered but decided to cancel. Don't really need them.[/QUOTE]

Your loss is my gain, hopefully ONE will work! Suprised both lasted this long 0.0

Also... is anyone else getting annoyed CAG16 wont stack with 75% off? Every time I enter it BAM it becomes MORE expensive...

[quote name='Hemi']Your loss is my gain, hopefully ONE will work! Suprised both lasted this long 0.0[/QUOTE]

Didn't want to hoard what I didn't need. Honestly if I did buy them probably would've flipped em so I figured I'd share and not buy.

Looks like Super Smash Brothers Melee is in stock for shipping.

Was able to go through check out with out a problem. Just waiting on a confirmation email.

I actually had tried it as you were making your post. You must've gotten lucky, because even though it was listed as in-stock, I got an error when adding it to the cart.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']There are 5 copies of Mario Kart Double Dash currently in stock on gamestop.com after I just bought 1.

I've already ordered 4 that didn't fucking work. This is my last try.[/QUOTE]

was about to order, but realized there is only a slim chance these arent returned duds. Not worth the hasle IMO, but I hope yours works:)

Got 2 Double Dash. Crossing fingers now for them to work.

And I missed out on MP 7 and Smash Bros Melee. Oh well.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']was about to order, but realized there is only a slim chance these arent returned duds. Not worth the hasle IMO, but I hope yours works:)[/QUOTE]

I appreciate it. It is definitely a hassle, but I've been leaving the defective games in my car and just stopping by Gamestop whenever I'm out running errands. Usually at about 8:45pm when they are about to close and there are no customers waiting in line.

Had all 3 of the big games in my cart tonight and was gonna buy but after Kirby not working recently I think I'm done unless something big shows up.

I think it's worth a shot. Between two orders, I'm only 6 for 9 for working games, but I'm 3 for 3 on exchanges. When I got broken games, I took them to the local store and got them to call around for a transfer. Because of that, I have 9 good games from the sale, including a Double Dash I had to exchange.

Granted, that only works if there are still copies of a given game in your area and you can find helpful clerks. I'm lucky the only dud from my second order was a Naruto game; extremely easy to replace.

bread's done
Back