Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

I took too long debating about whether or not to pick up a bunch of stuff and the majority of items went out of stock. Oh well, I really didn't need to drop $50+ on Gamecube games.

Besides, all the game sin my collection are complete, so any incomplete copies I received I'd likely just get rid of anyway.

[quote name='Yigytugd']No! I had Smash Bros in my cart and it sold out when I added another game! Should have brought it when I had the chance.[/QUOTE]
Me too. =/

Argh, and Super Mario Sunshine as I was filling out billing address!

Your cart system sucks balls, GameStop!

[quote name='mossfan563']Order $25 or more: SAVER = free shipping
16% off used games = CAG16[/QUOTE]

Here's my issue. I got an order through for three games and then saw your coupon codes. I then went to replace the order, and Mario Sunshine was no longer in stock. What are the odds that I can get them to apply the coupon codes to my original order after I've already checked out?

GAMESTOP! Love this sale but really! Everytime I was checking out a game would be sold out. So I hope to add another game in order to get the free shipping. I ended up only getting the games I kinda wanted which is alright since my brothers will love them and I'll play them too.

I missed out on Zelda: Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion but got Mario Party 4, Mario Party 5, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Soul Calibur 2, Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, SSX On Tour, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Crash Nitro Kart and Mario Power Tennis for $34+. Great deal and saved over $100 but I might end up trading some of these into BestBuy for some credit.

Damn it, next time I'm just going to have a list of what I want so I can hurry up to the $25 mark. Missed out on some great games...

Thanks OP, I was able to place an order for a few GC games left in stock.

Hopefully GS comes through and ships them as most of the items were picked clean already. :(

Okay, I placed an order, but the tax was applied to the full website price, not the clearance price. Like, if a game is discounted from $10 to $2.50, you'll pay the $10 tax. Is that how it's supposed to work? It seems strange the tax amount ended up being more than a third of the subtotal.

God Damnit! The stupid website still doesn't let me finish buying anything at all!

I already had 5 games removed from my cart... they had all the games I am missing from my collection, and all I can do is sit and watch them go away one by one D:

Now this is the kind of sale that gets my CAG heart pounding. 75% off, plus CAG16, plus SAVER = 8 games for 15 dollars shipped. F-yeah! Hell, Pokemon XD was more than that by itself.

Crystal Chronicles, Geist, Sonic Riders, Custom Robo, Mario Power Tennis, Fight Night Round 2, Rogue Squadron, Pokemon XD.

Maybe I'll check again tomorrow, see if anything's back in stock.

[quote name='JCAll']...

Maybe I'll check again tomorrow, see if anything's back in stock.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping stuff goes back in stock but doubt it. All the great stuff was picked clean within about 30 minutes. Sucks since I needed a good handful of games but got them removed from my cart everytime at checkout.

Super Mario Sunshine, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Superstar Baseball, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Simpsons: Hit and Run, & Mario Power Tennis for < $20 = Amazing! My youngest daughter will be very happy.

[quote name='TommyLove']I'm sad. I can't buy anything at all.[/QUOTE]
don't worry no one can, it's all selling out too quickly

I would have bought all the games I wanted if it wasn't for the stupid website... this pisses me off so much...

Already had almost every single game removed from my cart at this point... I would've finished checking out on time if it wasn't because of their website...

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Bought 17 games for $26 that I will never play :)[/QUOTE]
Sort of this website in a nutshell

Maybe I'll, finally, get to use that Gamecube Gameboy Player I got from them for $10 when it was posted on here. That is, if the Gamecubes are on sale, too.

Anyone else get charged full price tax on their order? Kinda stinks to pay $5.00 tax on a $20 order!

Still a great deal though, picked up a few I never got a chance to play.

[quote name='MHRX']Anyone else get charged full price tax on their order? Kinda stinks to pay $5.00 tax on a $20 order!

Still a great deal though, picked up a few I never got a chance to play.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was but no need to worry they will adjust nice the card in actually charged. At least with my past experiences.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Yeah I was but no need to worry they will adjust nice the card in actually charged. At least with my past experiences.[/QUOTE]

That's great news! Thanks for the heads up.

The only 2 good games i got were pokemon Colosseum and gale of darkness the rest i felt like i spent money on bad games.

[quote name='leylines']Sort of this website in a nutshell[/QUOTE]
I sort all my games by console, then by whether or not I actually played it, then A-Z just to be anal.

[quote name='Yigytugd']I'm hoping stuff goes back in stock but doubt it. All the great stuff was picked clean within about 30 minutes. Sucks since I needed a good handful of games but got them removed from my cart everytime at checkout.[/QUOTE]
Been there, man. There are plenty of holes in my collection that are only there because someone else was a little faster on the button.

I placed 9 orders for a total of 84 games and $408 spent. But actually less than $408, because like others said they adjust charges for tax. TY OP. You made my day, actually more like month.

Just a word of advice to those ordering online. Don't get too excited with online orders of gamecube games. Nearly all of them do not work. I've ordered a lot and almost every Gamecube game I've received over the year has been defective. If it works....play it for a bit...chances are it'll hit a disc can't be read error or freeze out completely.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']what are the chances my orders will be "complete"?[/QUOTE]

Nearly all are disc only. Lately they've been shipping games without even generic cases...just sleeves.

Yeah, I've ordered GC games online as far back as a year ago, and all the big name titles I received were defective or wouldn't even load up. I can bet almost all that's left in their warehouse is the games that were returned to be refurbished multiple times already. Buyer beware...

[quote name='BryanDGAF']is it possible for them to have games that otherwise say not available? like best buy and their "over 3 to show in stock" type of thing?[/QUOTE]

You're better off calling the stores in your area and asking. They would most likely tell you what store they've shipped their stock off to. It usually all shipped to one or two stores in each district.

I need the component cables for Gamecube BADLY if anyone can get their hands on one I would be so grateful and I'd be willing to pay you a bit more than you did.

36x for $78
*correction: 36x for $64.25

The corrected amount of tax was applied on my billing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered Swingerz Golf, Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire, One Piece : Pirates' Carnival, and Sonic Riders from Gamestop.com for $8.58 shipped. The tax and shipping actually cost more than the games :) There are also some titles I hope to pick up in-store tomorrow.

There are NO good games in any of my stores and the one decent game I found using the online inventory tracker is over 80 miles away. With that and gamestop.com being a crap shoot with incomplete scratched discs, I will avoid this clearance.

Apparently all four of the Gamestops that are within a ~5 mile drive of me have absolutely no Gamecube games any more, if the stock tracker's to be believed. Closest one I could find that had even one game I wanted was 31.3 miles away.

Shame, too. It's getting tougher and tougher to find decently-priced GCN stuff. Then again, I have practically every game I want by now, 'cept for two of the Mario Parties and Skies of Arcadia Legends. Maybe there's one or two others I've forgotten, too, but I'll live.

I'll have take a long bus ride to get to a Gamestop with any Gamecube Accessories. The games? I can find them easy enough. :\
If you're lucky you can pick up the 2 Metroid games and the Wii game for less than $10.

gah! i would've loved to have joined the frenzy if it were not for my gamestop no longer having gamecube games D:

So... there's a gamecube gameboy player about 47 miles away from me... I've never even heard of this thing... but I'm very tempted to drive out and pick it up because it sounds fucking awesome

[quote name='Cowman715']So... there's a gamecube gameboy player about 47 miles away from me... I've never even heard of this thing... but I'm very tempted to drive out and pick it up because it sounds fucking awesome[/QUOTE]

It is great. Seeing your gameboy games on the big screen is awesome. I remember playing the newer metroids and the castlevanias using this device.

[quote name='Cowman715']So... there's a gamecube gameboy player about 47 miles away from me... I've never even heard of this thing... but I'm very tempted to drive out and pick it up because it sounds fucking awesome[/QUOTE]

(This might show up twice, not sure why I'm not seeing it below, but........
They can/could ship it to a store closer to you, BUT there was a lot of shock and chat about mine whenever I bought it. They were surprised they had it.)

This entire video is good if you are interested in one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy3SDPz3WoE

They can/could ship it to a store closer to you, BUT there was a lot of shock and chat about mine whenever I bought it. They were surprised they had it.

WTF? When OP first posted this... nothing was in stock... no Wind Waker, not OoT/MQ, no Mario Parties. Did they just add those after midnight?

[quote name='Smashbro29']I need the component cables for Gamecube BADLY if anyone can get their hands on one I would be so grateful and I'd be willing to pay you a bit more than you did.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. I still wish someone was able/would make it possible to get Wii component cables to work on a Gamecube.

Shoot I'd buy a Wii U component cable if it was capable of being used/converted for a Gamecube.

Surely by now that exclusive Nintendo "chip" would be figured out by a third party. I'd even buy a component cable converter to Gamecube from Nintendo if possible.

There aren't any games that I want left in a 100 mile radius. Well except for Resident Evil 2, but I refuse to travel 75 miles just for that game. Then find out that it was either sold that day or was mis-labeled for something else.

On the topic of gamecube, I think its one of the most underrate consoles; I mean it has great games and most of them are really fun to play. I know it got placed below ps2 and xbox, but I would rank it above the original xbox in its generation.

bread's done
Back