Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

[quote name='JCAll']Cant seem to get the discount online anymore. Dead sale or just my crummy internet acting up?[/QUOTE]
sale still on. maybe caught virus from above poster

*edit mods got that poster. something about football coaches not going to church or something

Picked up a few used gamecube memory card -251 block for $5 a piece at my local store. The best part was that one of them was actually a 1019 block.

Grabbed-

8 microphones .23 cents each
Spyro enter the dragonfly CIB .90
Spyro a heros tale CIB 1.13
Xlll CIB .67
Universal studios CIB .45
Ff crystal CIB $1.80
Donkey conga x3 CIB .90 each
Donkey conga jungle beat disc only 1.13
Pokemon channel DO 2.25
Mario dance rev. DO 2.93
Bomber man generation DO 1.35
Star Wars jedi outcast DO 3.37
Capcom vs snk 2 EO 2.25 DO
Chaos field DO .67
Custom Robo DO 2.25
Spirits & spells DO 1.35

I hit 3 stores, 1 had zelda twilight, but he couldn't find it :( figures. Ask the employees to print out a sheet with all the GC games, cuz the stores I hit had ton more in the back. All the discs look great, passed on some good games with horrible discs.

so many copies of Metroid Prime at my gamestop. already own it but i should have bought all of them :p
still one of the best games i've ever played

they did have star wars rebel strike but heh i passed

the rest were garbage

will try more tomorrow

Picked up Resident evil zero it was instock online for a few brief minutes.
locally i picked up star fox adventure,star fox assault and lost kingdoms

I would love for a fellow cag to pick up eternal
darkness for me. I want would cover cost, shipping, and then some

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lude21']Grabbed-

8 microphones .23 cents each
Spyro enter the dragonfly CIB .90
Spyro a heros tale CIB 1.13
Xlll CIB .67
Universal studios CIB .45
Ff crystal CIB $1.80
Donkey conga x3 CIB .90 each
Donkey conga jungle beat disc only 1.13
Pokemon channel DO 2.25
Mario dance rev. DO 2.93
Bomber man generation DO 1.35
Star Wars jedi outcast DO 3.37
Capcom vs snk 2 EO 2.25 DO
Chaos field DO .67
Custom Robo DO 2.25
Spirits & spells DO 1.35

I hit 3 stores, 1 had zelda twilight, but he couldn't find it :( figures. Ask the employees to print out a sheet with all the GC games, cuz the stores I hit had ton more in the back. All the discs look great, passed on some good games with horrible discs.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go to my GS and ask for a list like you did....my job is in the ghetto and the GS had like 20 games out but looked like 100 in the drawers. But I can't stand the people that work there or visit the store so that's a good idea but not at this one.

[quote name='Barney']so the deal doesn't apply to gamecube consoles? because im in need of one..[/QUOTE]

I'm going to hit up a few pawn shops this week. Two of my gamestops had consoles but were defective

Has anybody ordered any Gamecube games and received them yet? Did they include the jewel cases/manuals/etc? Back in the day, corporate sent out a memo to pitch all the cases that were $5 and less.

Got
Time Splitters Future Perfect (Hooray 40$ Game)
Odama
Shadow the Hedgehog
and One Piece
for 10$ total in store

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Got Pikmin 2 for $10.71 at the Easton Square GameStop in Columbus, OH. Score!

A word of advice: Call ahead to see if they're still carrying GC games. Don't trust the in-stock tracker on the website. I went to a GameStop thinking they had all sorts of games in stock, only to find out that they were all just shipped back to Texas.[/QUOTE]

Just a FYI: Some employees at the stores lie about the games being shipped back simply because they're lazy and don't feel like checking the back. One employee tried telling me this and I gave him a hard time enough where he finally gave in and found the games that came up on the store locator. :roll:

[quote name='Rozz']Just a FYI: Some employees at the stores lie about the games being shipped back simply because they're lazy and don't feel like checking the back. One employee tried telling me this and I gave him a hard time enough where he finally gave in and found the games that came up on the store locator. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Yea, the guy at one place is telling me they have NO GC games even though the locator says he does.

Sadly, I did not argue the point being tired and not having a smartphone on hand to show him.

[quote name='TFrank']Yea, the guy at one place is telling me they have NO GC games even though the locator says he does.

Sadly, I did not argue the point being tired and not having a smartphone on hand to show him.[/QUOTE]

Just do store pick up. I was able to pick a few that way today.

Check pawn shops, thrift stores, resale shops, and garage sales in the Spring time. You'll find 'em if your patient. Some of the stuff is going for too much on Ebay. It seems to be there are more BIN's than actual auctions.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Damn looks like I'll have to restore my gc collection via Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Went in expecting to turn out empty handed, but actually netted a handful of games. Some I already own, others to flesh out my collection:

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life x2
Super Monkey Ball
Star Wars Rogue Leader x2
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory CE
Metroid Prime 2
Pac-Man World 3
Metroid Prime
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (It's still a solid 3D beat-em-up)
Sonic Heroes
Simpsons Hit And Run
Rampage Total Destruction
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee
Fight Night Round 2 (lol Little Mac)
Evolution Worlds
Batman Vengeance
Chaos Field

All for about $26 and change. Not too bad, I guess.

EDIT: Turns out they handed me the Splinter Cell CE case with nothing even inside of it. I know it's only $1, but still kinda irritating. At least the GS is only a few mins from me so I'll stop by and maybe they can do a swap if they can't locate the disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought all the ninja turtles games on eBay for gamecube. All 5 for 50. Not the best deal but instead of hunting got them all at once. Still enjoying my gamecube.

Like people before me have said. Everything good is out of stock with in 100 miles of me. I went through some of the greatest GC games but sadly all 10 of them where out of stock online.

I went to 2 of my nearest stores and came up with crap. I got Swingers Golf, MC Groovz Dance Craze and WWE Day of reckoning. lol but altogether the 3 combined cost me like $1.50 and i only got them cuz they were complete. But I got some cheap used wii games too like Mad World for $3 still 2 more in a mall here that I can check out tomorrow, might not bother though cuz normally they have nothing for GC games anyway, but since its 5 min from my house I might venture out.

Heh, I went around to every nearby GS last year looking for Animal Crossing because I got the itch to revisit that version of it, and every single one of them laughed at me. They told me then that they hadn't carried GC games in a long time.

[quote name='Diad']sale still on. maybe caught virus from above poster

*edit mods got that poster. something about football coaches not going to church or something[/QUOTE]
Ah okay, I got it. When it says Games and Accessories, "accessories" doesn't include things like controllers. How that isn't an accessory, I dunno. Gamestop logic.

Quick question. I can return damaged games to any store correct? I was in a hurry tonight and grabbed some that looked like someone ate them. I want to return them for store credit at a closer GameStop.

I read through and didn't see anyone confirm, are consoles 75 off too or just games/accessories. I figure no but was wondering if anyone knows for sure

[quote name='Cocojames333']Quick question. I can return damaged games to any store correct? I was in a hurry tonight and grabbed some that looked like someone ate them. I want to return them for store credit at a closer GameStop.[/QUOTE]

Yes

Just bought a wii off of ebay and no idea if it can play gamecube games or not since it was used. Might take a chance and go to my local gs that has Mario Party 4 and 5 according to their site.

Nothing at my gamestop... Was hoping to replace the winwaker and paper Mario my brother sold on me years ago. Oh well. At least I still have my twin snakes and symphonia I guess

[quote name='Gosha']75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392[/QUOTE]

Off topic, but does anyone know if the Gameboy Advance games are still on sale since a few years back? I know a couple stores that have some Gameboy Advance games still sitting on their DS shelf.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Off topic, but does anyone know if the Gameboy Advance games are still on sale since a few years back? I know a couple stores that have some Gameboy Advance games still sitting on their DS shelf.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting they have Polarium Advance in stock... I still see that one stocked in the DS glass case. I wonder if someone will buy them one day before they got disposed of.

They were still on sale during the summer (at 75% off) but I'm not sure now since the signage has since been taken away. Most stores don't have anything good left since it's been going on for so long (they started clearing them out in 2011 so it's mostly trash left over).

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Off topic, but does anyone know if the Gameboy Advance games are still on sale since a few years back? I know a couple stores that have some Gameboy Advance games still sitting on their DS shelf.[/QUOTE]

Yup, still 75% off.

[quote name='Vinny']A bunch of stuff just came back in stock... GOOOO!![/QUOTE]

UGH Luigis Mansion is still showing as available but it wont add to my cart

[quote name='Vinny']So... it's finally happening, huh?

No good games available near me... maybe employees already helped themselves?[/QUOTE]

Or they have had a buy2get2 for months on end... :roll:

Yup they are still 75% off. One GS I visit has 3 that's so raven games :lol:
OG xbox items were still 75% off last time I checked (last year) got some dukes for 1.05 or something like that..

Okay, so I made another order...because I'm sick.

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup, From Russia With Love, Army Men: Sarge's War, Army Men: RTS, LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Star Wars II.

And they fixed the tax on my first order, and saved me 2 bucks.
I need to be stopped. I hope nothing else comes back in stock.

I'm trying to get the generic GameCube Gamestop controllers but it isn't lowering the price for me? It is for the other gamecube stuff I brought.

I might just go into Gamestop tomorrow and pick up 4 since they are sold out of all other controllers.

This would be great if any of my local stores actually had any GC games. Last I saw they had all been sent to one local store last spring where they had been B2G2. The selection was horrible back then. Haven't seen any in store since about September and everything I check for "pick up in store" is more than 60 miles away.

Hell, most of my local stores have also stopped carrying PS2 titles. They said they stopped carrying them at the beginning of the new year. They also said that PSP was next.

I was able to pick up Wave Race : Blue Storm, F-Zero GX, Super Monkey Ball 2, and Virtua Quest for under $4 total.

Can anyone help give an idea if they'll restock the following

Geist
Kirby's Air Ride
Wave Race Blue Storm
Pokemon XD
Super Monkey Ball 2
That other horror game Nintendo did

Those are the final gamecube games I want before I own everything I'd want off the console

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']Can anyone help give an idea if they'll restock the following

Geist
Kirby's Air Ride
Wave Race Blue Storm
Pokemon XD
Super Monkey Ball 2
That other horror game Nintendo did

Those are the final gamecube games I want before I own everything I'd want off the console[/QUOTE]

Eternal Darkness? That's kind of a rarer/sought after game, so probably has low chances coming back in stock.

bread's done
Back