Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

[quote name='lude21']Yup, still 75% off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

[quote name='Vinny']A bunch of stuff just came back in stock... GOOOO!![/QUOTE]

Goddammit. I fell asleep about 5 minutes before you posted this.

[quote name='Yigytugd']I'm trying to get the generic GameCube Gamestop controllers but it isn't lowering the price for me? It is for the other gamecube stuff I brought.

I might just go into Gamestop tomorrow and pick up 4 since they are sold out of all other controllers.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I had to figure that out earlier too. It's because the only controllers they still have in stock are new, only used stuff is on sale.

[quote name='JCAll']Ah okay, I got it. When it says Games and Accessories, "accessories" doesn't include things like controllers. How that isn't an accessory, I dunno. Gamestop logic.[/QUOTE]
Is this true? Did you try to buy new?

Too bad most of the great Gamecube games are gone, Fire Emblem is outside of the city! I might be able to get a few Players, but will they come with discs? I dunno.

Went to a different Gamestop and picked up:

Resident Evil Zero (CIB)
Scaler
Bomberman Jetters
Donkey Konga (CIB)
Darkened Skye
Naruto Clash of Ninja (CIB)
Red Faction II (CIB)
Soul Calibur II (CIB)
Ultimate Muscle: Legends vs New Generation
Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix

btw.. looks like some different games are back in stock at GS website

[quote name='oasisboy']I wonder if I can pricematch on amazon.

On a more serious note: do GameCube games work on WiiU?[/QUOTE]

Nope..

Thanks for the heads up on this...I picked up a few games....

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour $1.57
Starfox Adventures $1.57
Sonic Mega Collection $1.57
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble $1.13
Go Go Hypergrind - $.67

Pretty pleased. All in excellent shape.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Thanks for the heads up on this...I picked up a few games....

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour $1.57
Starfox Adventures $1.57
Sonic Mega Collection $1.57
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble $1.13
Go Go Hypergrind - $.67

Pretty pleased. All in excellent shape.[/QUOTE]

Those are great games. Damn! I spent hours and hours playing Mario Golf. It is so much better than hot shots

Took your guys' advice and called back the GameStop that said they shipped back all their games to Texas. Got a different employee on the phone and they said they had a couple boxes full of games in sleeves. So I went down and had a look and bought:

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - $2.00
Super Monkey Ball - $1.50
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life - $2.50
Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom - $1.25
NBA Street Vol. 2 - $1.25
NBA Street Vol. 3 - $2.50

Total - $11.74

Add these to my yesterday's purchases of Pikmin 2, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, and Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, and this has been a very successful haul.

Now I'm just gonna go to Buybacks and get a few GameCube cases for $0.10 a piece and I will be all set!

[quote name='TFrank']And those Canadian mini-Wiis are not BC either.[/QUOTE]

and the recent WIi models in the US as well.

GameStop took a big hit this last quarter and their stock dropped over 6% a couple of days ago. Not good for the gaming industry who relies on GameStop even though they despise the sale of used games.

[quote name='oasisboy']GameStop took a big hit this last quarter and their stock dropped over 6% a couple of days ago. Not good for the gaming industry who relies on GameStop even though they despise the sale of used games.[/QUOTE]

GameStop isn't going anywhere. It's a slump right now, but we're in between generations. Sure a few stores may close, but this is all cyclical. In a couple years, they will be experiencing record numbers once again.

[quote name='Budkin']Damn. Pretty much none of the Gamestops around me even carry GC games anymore.[/QUOTE]

They probably do, but the games they have left are really obscure and ones you probably don't want. My GS is going to start putting all the games in sleeves (throwing out the generic cases).

NFS: Carbon
NFS: Hot Pursuit 2
NFS: Underground
Spyro Enter the Dragonfly
Resident Evil Zero
LEGO Star Wars 1 & Origional Trilogy
$13

Side note, LOTR:WiTN CE is now $20 at GS so check if its instock before/when u go, it's a must have for the extras alone, origional msrp $140 so it's a steal!

Looks like everyone's really cleaned shop in the past day or two. Now the closest stores I can find with Gamecube stuff are over 90 miles away, if even that close.

Just for kicks, I tried to do the store pickup option for Mario Kart, which was somehow the only GCN title showing up as in stock at a store just a couple of miles away. Received a prompt cancellation email in just a few minutes, too. Not surprised.

[quote name='MrBonk']As much as I love symphonia. It's far from the best Tales game IMO.[/QUOTE]

"Far from"???" Which would be much better than Symphonia?

Got: Game Boy Player
Waverace
Rouge Squadron II

The Game Boy Player didn't come with the disc, and whenever it was traded in, the owner mixed in another one. The disc I got instead was... Mario Kart Double Dash Oh well. $2.50 ain't bad.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Got: Game Boy Player
Waverace
Rouge Squadron II

The Game Boy Player didn't come with the disc, and whenever it was traded in, the owner mixed in another one. The disc I got instead was... Mario Kart Double Dash Oh well. $2.50 ain't bad.[/QUOTE]

Mario Kart is the better deal. :applause:

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Looks like everyone's really cleaned shop in the past day or two. Now the closest stores I can find with Gamecube stuff are over 90 miles away, if even that close.

Just for kicks, I tried to do the store pickup option for Mario Kart, which was somehow the only GCN title showing up as in stock at a store just a couple of miles away. Received a prompt cancellation email in just a few minutes, too. Not surprised.[/QUOTE]

Try going in, might be hiding behind some games, the way they shelve them.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Got: Game Boy Player
Waverace
Rouge Squadron II

The Game Boy Player didn't come with the disc, and whenever it was traded in, the owner mixed in another one. The disc I got instead was... Mario Kart Double Dash Oh well. $2.50 ain't bad.[/QUOTE]

What I don't understand is how Gamestop would allow anyone to trade theirs in without the startup disc, but from what I've heard, it happens quite often.

I'm so glad I tracked down a complete set at a local Gamestop about three years ago, although I'm a little sad that it doesn't look the greatest on my HDTV (at least not without the component cables, which I'm not about to spend $100+ on).

Just picked up wave race, they didn't have much to choose from. They also had buy 2 get 2 free on GameCube games too.

Just got to another GS and although everything gamecube was in generic cases, I found several good games:

LoZ: Collector's Ed
LoZ: Ocarina of Time MQ
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Eternal Darkness
FF Crystal Chronicles
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Ikaruga

I'm pretty happy with my findings.

Going to check another GS next week and see what they have.

Found 13 games for $17 today! In generic cases but who cares. Found
Monkey ball 2
Star Wars rogue squadron
Metroid prime
Gun
Ghost recon
Madagascar just to name a few.

Got Mario Golf, RE 3 Nemesis and RE Zero. The first GameStop I went to, I asked the guy if they still had GameCube games and he insisted they didn't, even after I told him the website said they had some in stock. So I went to another a mile down the road and he said they didn't have any either, but did a search for Mario Golf and told me the first store I went to did in fact have several GameCube games and even called to confirm. So I drove back to the first GameStop and told him that the other store called and you're holding Mario Golf for me. Guy didn't apologize for being wrong or anything, just acted like I was never in there. I understand not all GameStops have horrible clerks, but many of the ones around here have world class tools behind the counter.

[quote name='Seshka']Just got to another GS and although everything gamecube was in generic cases, I found several good games:

LoZ: Collector's Ed
LoZ: Ocarina of Time MQ
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Eternal Darkness
FF Crystal Chronicles
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Ikaruga

I'm pretty happy with my findings.

Going to check another GS next week and see what they have.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap... even if disc only, that's a fantastic haul.

I wish I made better use of the B2G2F but I was just way too busy when anything good was available and it was just too easy for me to put off, that when I did finally decide to try, all the good games were gone. It's now hitting me that in a few months, I will no longer see GC gamest at GS...

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']Got Mario Golf, RE 3 Nemesis and RE Zero. The first GameStop I went to, I asked the guy if they still had GameCube games and he insisted they didn't, even after I told him the website said they had some in stock. So I went to another a mile down the road and he said they didn't have any either, but did a search for Mario Golf and told me the first store I went to did in fact have several GameCube games and even called to confirm. So I drove back to the first GameStop and told him that the other store called and you're holding Mario Golf for me. Guy didn't apologize for being wrong or anything, just acted like I was never in there. I understand not all GameStops have horrible clerks, but many of the ones around here have world class tools behind the counter.[/QUOTE]

You know that part at the bottom of your receipt that asks to you let them know about your experience at the store? Use that and give them and honest and professional feedback about your issue. I usually fill out that survey if I have a really good experience or really bad experience. They don't do anything for the good feedback (obviously) but for the few times I've had bad experiences, they called me back and asked me what they could do to fix the issue.

Hey guys, my first 3 orders arrived earlier today. Have spent the day cleaning, testing them. Still not done.

Had 39 games, of those 39 about 90% of them had sticker residue on middle ring.
They were all greasy, probably from the disc resurfacing machine they use.
Of those 39, had 2 wrong games. Got a Pokemon colosseum bonus disc instead of pokemon colosseum. And a Magical Melody instead of a wonderfuly life.
13 of the 39 games didnt boot, and gave me a loading error. The rest at least made it to title screen.

As for bottom side scratches, most looked very good. (Due to a probably very good resurfacing machine.)
As for top side, this is where the resurface machine wont fix them. Probably 15 ish games came with small to large portions of missing color. Some had small dots, some had up to 10 dots. Some had rings that go around the entire disc.

So I had 3 separate orders arrive, each order had only 1 game with correct cover art, but no manuals. Maybe trying to spread around the games with cover art.

For all of you that made your purchases online, did you notice that they charged tax on the gross amount of the purchase?

Taxes ended up being more than 25% I'd the net purchase. There's no way that this can be right.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']Got Mario Golf, RE 3 Nemesis and RE Zero. The first GameStop I went to, I asked the guy if they still had GameCube games and he insisted they didn't, even after I told him the website said they had some in stock. So I went to another a mile down the road and he said they didn't have any either, but did a search for Mario Golf and told me the first store I went to did in fact have several GameCube games and even called to confirm. So I drove back to the first GameStop and told him that the other store called and you're holding Mario Golf for me. Guy didn't apologize for being wrong or anything, just acted like I was never in there. I understand not all GameStops have horrible clerks, but many of the ones around here have world class tools behind the counter.[/QUOTE]

HA! I've had thieves that work there who take great deals from under my nose.

My latest nightmare was looking for uDraw+Pictionary before Christmas. Store refused my hold request and was caught in a lie about their available stock.

Called corporate, got an apology, and a $10 coupon (ONLINE only... lame.)

So no REs or Zeldas for me, unfortunately, but I did get about 10 games for 15 bucks, with Kirby Air Ride, MM collection and the Sonic Collection being my highlights. I'm not all that upset. Might see if one of the other stores has anything near me, but I won't hold my breathe. I was happy getting what I did. Oh, and I found a copy of disc only Baten Kaitos Origin, so I thought that was awesome.

[quote name='VA']For all of you that made your purchases online, did you notice that they charged tax on the gross amount of the purchase?

Taxes ended up being more than 25% I'd the net purchase. There's no way that this can be right.[/QUOTE]

I'm not entire sure, but that's only during the pending order. Once they ship, you'll be charge the correct tax (on the discounted total).

I got a lot today and they had about 100 titles left, below is what I picked up (All are CIB) Spent about $0.45 - $1.29 a game
Animaniacs
BMX XXX
Batman Vengeance
Crash Nitro
Crash Wrath
Final Fantasy CC
Karaoke Revolution Party (2)
Mario Baseball
Mega Man Anniversary
Medabots
Monopoly Party
Namco Museum
Nhl hitz 2002
Naruto
Naruto 2
One Piece Pirates
Shrek
Spryo Enter Dragonfly
Star Wars Rogue
Tom and Jerry War of Whiskers
Wrestlemania xix

[quote name='white3er']I got a lot today and they had about 100 titles left, below is what I picked up (All are CIB) Spent about $0.45 - $1.29 a game
Animaniacs
BMX XXX
Batman Vengeance
Crash Nitro
Crash Wrath
Final Fantasy CC
Karaoke Revolution Party (2)
Mario Baseball
Mega Man Anniversary
Medabots
Monopoly Party
Namco Museum
Nhl hitz 2002
Naruto
Naruto 2
One Piece Pirates
Shrek
Spryo Enter Dragonfly
Star Wars Rogue
Tom and Jerry War of Whiskers
Wrestlemania xix[/QUOTE]

What is CIB mean?
Anyway, nothing so far. all the stores say don't carry anymore. I did get last year Fire Emblem complete with Case and Booklet for half price ($12.50) I was shocked by how great the condition was.

[quote name='Vinny']You know that part at the bottom of your receipt that asks to you let them know about your experience at the store? Use that and give them and honest and professional feedback about your issue. I usually fill out that survey if I have a really good experience or really bad experience. They don't do anything for the good feedback (obviously) but for the few times I've had bad experiences, they called me back and asked me what they could do to fix the issue.[/QUOTE]

Well I took your advice and took the survey and wrote about my experience. Hopefully they try to get a hold of me, even if I only get to complain to a real human from GameStop, that will be enough compensation for me.

went to 4 total gamestops near me. only one had GC games. lol and as I postedbefore, only like 20 were in boxes and only about 5 had the booklet in those boxes and 2 of those i owned already so i grabbed 3 shovelware GC games to pad my collection, cost like $1.50 for all 3

bread's done
Back