Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

[quote name='gnugget5']After hearing about this clearance event, I REALLY wanted to track down Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance since I never got around to it during the Gamecube era.

Since Gamestops will transfer games between locations (at no cost!), I had one transferred from another store and it arrived at my location today. I was told that the game I found was disc only (which for $6.XX isn't bad at all).

However, I was VERY happy when I picked up my game to find that it was CIB. With tax, it came out to $6.68 for a CIB Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance with fantastic disc quality (no scratches or damage).

Thank you Gamestop![/QUOTE]

How do you get them to transfer?

[quote name='Hemi']How do you get them to transfer?[/QUOTE]

I personally have done it many times by just finding out what my local store number is (IIRC the site lists the store number under the store location/information online), then searching for the nearest store that has a game or game(s) I want, then calling that distant store. I just lie about working for the company and tell them "I'm a manager at store #X, and the system indicates they have a copy of game Y in stock. A local customer wants it, so please send it to my store with a note to hold for customer 'ABC' at phone number Z".

Usually I ask what condition it's in prior to sending it - mainly if it's complete. I've gotten all sorts of rare and harder to find stuff that way. It cuts out having to go in and have one of the local store managers actually do it, especially if I'm looking for a bunch of things at once. Some or all of it will just show up at the store a few days/week later and they will call me, thinking that some other manager or DM did it for me.

Went back to a GameStop I previously hit and picked up Star Fox Adventures after looking up some gameplay and reviews. Can't beat it for $1.74! Thought I was all done but I guess not.

Also discovered they had about 10 GameCube systems for $20 each.

Fyi, in the past Gamestop charged me before the promo price too but it will fix once the game ship. Tax after promo price will reflect in your cc payment. Hope that clear some confusion. :)

[quote name='Jrittmayer']I guess they sent the good stuff to Columbus...

All the stores I went to around Cleveland had nothing. Meanwhile my friends back in Jersey be getting great hauls from various stores within 5 miles of his house...[/QUOTE]

Tell me of these friends from New Jersey. I live near the Brick Gamestop and they had jack. I'd love to buy some games of them

Posted this in the trade forums too, but it might get a little more attention here. If anyone has a good number of CIB games in stock at their local store and would like to help a CAG, please send me a PM. Looking for some sports games and some other stuff on the cheap. Was going to drive out to a store 50 miles out but everything was disc only. Thanks guys!

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']Gamestop's online stock is pretty much dead now isn't it?

Welp. Better start hunting on CAG[/QUOTE]

I've missed it every single time, but it seems like they always get a few things in stock in the middle of the night. I'm trying to stay awake, but I'm about to pass out. I hit up 3 GS stores today.

At the 3rd store, I found mint condition
Starfox Adventures
Starfox Assault
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 0
Incredible hulk: Ultimate destruction,
and a few other gems.

All the discs look brand new in mint condition. There's only one problem. This store threw away all of their cases. I specifically remember seeing the resident evil 0, 3, and one of the starfox cases on their shelf a while back.

I guess when the xbox 720 and the playstation 4 come out, Gamestop will have to throw away all of their Wii cases and all of their $9.99 and under Xbox 360 cases. Small stores will probably have to throw away all of their ps3 and xbox cases except for recent releases. Gamestop should figure out a way to fit more shelves in their big ass stores like the one I was at tonight.

It sure is a good thing they have walls and walls of ipads, ipods, and apple accessories. It's awesome because Apple doesn't have its own dedicated store in the mall where you can try out their merchandise, get free warrantee coverage, and in-store maintenance.

So I placed a online store pick up order for Lord of the rings war in the north CE for xbox 360. My email said they couldnt find it and got canceled. Anyway, since i was going to the mall (15 mins away) I went to that same place and guess what, the lady found it in the back stockroom. $19.99 CE. I went to two gamestops and said that they havent had any since last April and were shipped out even when i show them the online store checker. GS has some lazy people. Its not hard to pull out drawers or run to the back to check.

I never play any mario party before and was wondering if anyone can tell me if its worth it and which is the best one? I was thinking mario party 4.

One GS store the dude told me that other stores are shipping it out to the warehouse or a different location that sells better.

Im so glad I pay $10 for the gameboy player with disc. Man, that thing was hard to find

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I've missed it every single time, but it seems like they always get a few things in stock in the middle of the night. I'm trying to stay awake, but I'm about to pass out. I hit up 3 GS stores today.

At the 3rd store, I found mint condition
Starfox Adventures
Starfox Assault
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 0
Incredible hulk: Ultimate destruction,
and a few other gems.

All the discs look brand new in mint condition. There's only one problem. This store threw away all of their cases. I specifically remember seeing the resident evil 0, 3, and one of the starfox cases on their shelf a while back.

I guess when the xbox 720 and the playstation 4 come out, Gamestop will have to throw away all of their Wii cases and all of their $9.99 and under Xbox 360 cases. Small stores will probably have to throw away all of their ps3 and xbox cases except for recent releases. Gamestop should figure out a way to fit more shelves in their big ass stores like the one I was at tonight.

It sure is a good thing they have walls and walls of ipads, ipods, and apple accessories. It's awesome because Apple doesn't have its own dedicated store in the mall where you can try out their merchandise, get free warrantee coverage, and in-store maintenance.[/QUOTE]

Nice picks on the RE games. Big fan. I did get luck on RE1 for the Wii months ago at a kmart........

I started searching around for a Gamecube disc sized wallet for the games I picked up through this deal. Only one of the 15 games came with the real case. Best offer I found was this on eBay. $8.99 for two 12-disc capacity cases and free shipping. I would rather not have the keychain, but i can just break it off. Thought I'd share with the rest of you.

[quote name='The Punisher']So I placed a online store pick up order for Lord of the rings war in the north CE for xbox 360. My email said they couldnt find it and got canceled. Anyway, since i was going to the mall (15 mins away) I went to that same place and guess what, the lady found it in the back stockroom. $19.99 CE. I went to two gamestops and said that they havent had any since last April and were shipped out even when i show them the online store checker. GS has some lazy people. Its not hard to pull out drawers or run to the back to check.

I never play any mario party before and was wondering if anyone can tell me if its worth it and which is the best one? I was thinking mario party 4.

One GS store the dude told me that other stores are shipping it out to the warehouse or a different location that sells better.

Im so glad I pay $10 for the gameboy player with disc. Man, that thing was hard to find[/QUOTE]

Just reminded me I think I have MP4, it was alot of fun iirc.

Went to 3 stores I never visit today and found some scraps.
I guess the best was Mario dance complete but ragged for $2.xx...

but at one store a lady came in when I was leaving with... a gamecube and games!

gs staff member was cool and I bought the GC (wires but no controllers just a wavebird remote - which is always good.. and a screen! (which may not work)
+ a dozen games best of which is SSBM....
$15 for all...

there were a couple ps2 games in the box...sadly she traded in a bunch to BB!
lol I said to her... for $.25? and she said "well I got something for them..." lol

Went to testing some of the games and so far 2 are not reading out of like 6. Have you guys tried yours and what is your success rate so far? Any suggestions on making these work. These were mostly disc only in sleeves. The complete ones seem to be in better shape. Who knows.. the ones that initially work now might not be good enough to finish the whole game. argh..

Between my sister and I, we bought about 20 games. MK:DD didn't work after you choose which cup to race for. Two other games couldn't be read at all. Another had a crack in it. So about an 80% success rate.

went to 2 more GS' in my area. Called a 3rd but was told they can't sell their GC games...I do know the mgr so i will wait on a firm NO from him.
The 1st stored I grabbed
Bloodrayne
Namco Museum
WWE day of reckoning
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Naruto:CotN
Mario Golf

2nd store had a big selection but it was mostly kids and games off of my radar
Golden Eye: Rogue Agent
X-Men Legends 2
Star Fox Adventures

[quote name='spamfree2']Went to testing some of the games and so far 2 are not reading out of like 6. Have you guys tried yours and what is your success rate so far? Any suggestions on making these work. These were mostly disc only in sleeves. The complete ones seem to be in better shape. Who knows.. the ones that initially work now might not be good enough to finish the whole game. argh..[/QUOTE]

I've had an 80% success rate. My sister and I bought about 20 games. Four didn't work. Two couldn't be read at all. Another had a crack. My daughter tried to play Mario Kart: Double Dash, but it got a disc read error just after choosing which cup to challenge for.

Bought 25 with quick test 3 haven't worked. Not even sure if I should make the effort to return. As for fixes I've just rubbed it like crazy with a soft cloth. It worked for one.

Only 1 out of the 40 games I bought didn't work. About 60% of them were scratched to hell, and others even had some scratches on the label side, but I've loaded all of them and played about a stage each and so far so good. Can't say these are in any worse condition than some of the countless games I've bought off dishonest sellers on eBay/Amazon, so meh, whatever.

Are games coming in and and out of stock on the site? Or should I not even bother checking it and just try the stores

Works fine for me. Too bad all of my stores sell jack s***

[quote name='gldoorii']Are games coming in and and out of stock on the site? Or should I not even bother checking it and just try the stores[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gldoorii']Are games coming in and and out of stock on the site? Or should I not even bother checking it and just try the stores[/QUOTE]

Had a restock last night and midday today but they go OOS in like 2 minutes, and conditions... questionable... best bets a store.

I'm sure this has been asked plenty of time but how do I go about exchanges / returns. I haven't play the games yet but I let my brother test them out for me. He set aside Pokemon Colosseum and Sonic Adventure: Battle 2 and Pokemon had scratches on the front of the game.

I want to exchange it or return it but not sure if I can do it in store and even if I can no Gamestop in my area has Gamecube games.

I Called a gs like 40 miles away they have
windwaker
resident evil zero and 1
star fox assault and adventure
the worker said he would put the order in and transfer the games to my local gs. hope everything goes well.

Wait you can transfer items from one store to a local store?

I never knew you could do that with gamestop. I only ever remembering to be able to special order stuff from game crazy a number of years ago.

[quote name='MrBonk']Wait you can transfer items from one store to a local store?

I never knew you could do that with gamestop. I only ever remembering to be able to special order stuff from game crazy a number of years ago.[/QUOTE]

Apparently so, sifting through these forums really help us cheap asses looking for a good deal.

Grabbed ~115 games for $140. All with case, most with instructions. The only 2 I got disc only where rare(ish) games (Beyond Good and Evil, Sponge Bob: Flying Dutchman)

1st pic is missing instructions rest are CIB
001-1_zps3fee34b3.jpg

002-1_zps46ccd0c2.jpg

003-2_zpse07fc07a.jpg

004-1_zpsd85a7f3c.jpg

005-1_zpsb3021a1c.jpg

006_zpsf7af072f.jpg

008-1_zps9079123c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xfade']Apparently so, sifting through these forums really help us cheap asses looking for a good deal.[/QUOTE]

My GS will never do a transfer unless it's to fix a problem (ie, missing pre-order). I'm wondering how come other people's GS seem to do transfers without question...

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Grabbed ~115 games for $140. All with case, most with instructions. The only 2 I got disc only where rare(ish) games (Beyond Good and Evil, Sponge Bob: Flying Dutchman)[/QUOTE]

A couple of good games there... though I'm not sure why you got old sports games.

I sat too long wondering if I should pull the trigger on Melee and now everything's gone. Awesome! Congrats to those who got in.

Yeah, I had double dash and melee in my cart and then my girlfriend came in and was bitching about how I should never buy games on gamestop online. By the time she left the room they were gone ;/

really just want double dash.

Apparently a gammestop about an hour from me has the motherload of Mario Party 7. I called to see if they had it and the guy said they had about 10 copies. I will be headed over there later this afternoon.

I would be willing to pick up an extra copy if someone is willing to trade Mario Party 6, Eternal darkness, or Luigis mansion.

Edit: Okay, forget this. I went to the store in mid afternoon, asked for Mario Party 7, and the guy looked at me like I had two heads. Said they haven't had Gamecube games in a long time and that I must've called a different store (I didn't). Whoever I talked to must've been an idiot or thought I said something different (although he repeated it back to me and said that it is $19.99, which is its usual price). I don't know what the hell happened here, but I am understandably peeved (luckily I was headed toward that area anyway to see family).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']My GS will never do a transfer unless it's to fix a problem (ie, missing pre-order). I'm wondering how come other people's GS seem to do transfers without question...
.[/QUOTE]

Go back and read my instructions. I just play the part of a manager.

bread's done
Back