GameFly 2009 Year End Sale - Restock!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]9358[/IMG-R][preview]GameFly's famous Year End Sale is now running until 1/4/2010. Get free shipping on all used games along with a bunch of great sale prices. GameFly's used games come complete with case and manual and are usually in excellent condition. Read on for sale items![/preview]

:360: Major League Baseball 2K9 $6.99
:360: NBA 2K9 $7.99
:360: NFS Undercover $7.99
:360: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $9.99
:360: Wheelman $9.99
:360: Bionic Commando $9.99
:360: Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin $9.99
:360: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $9.99
:360: Godfather 2 $9.99
:360: Wanted: Weapons of Fate $9.99
:360: H.A.W.X. $10.99
:360: Street Fighter IV $12.99
:360: Resident Evil 5 $12.99
:360: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $12.99
:360: Midnight Club: Los Angeles $12.99
:360: Ghostbusters $12.99
:360: Battlestations: Pacific $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Guerrilla $14.99
:360: Mortal Kombat vs. DC $14.99
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $14.99
:360: Left 4 Dead $14.99
:360: Fight Night Round 4 $14.99
:360: Gears of War 2 $16.99
:360: UFC 2009 Undisputed $17.99
:360: Call of Duty: World at War $17.99
:360: Fable 2 $17.99
All Xbox 360 Sale Games

:wii: Excitebots: Trick Racing $12.99
:wii: Sonic and the Black Knight$12.99
:wii: Little King's Story $17.99
:wii: Don King Boxing $6.99
:wii: Prof. Heinz Wolff's Gravity $6.99
:wii: Major League Baseball 2K9 $6.99
:wii: Daisy Fuentes Pilates $7.99
:wii: Deca Sports $7.99
:wii: Neighborhood Games $7.99
:wii: Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball $7.99
:wii: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian $7.99
:wii: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles $9.99
:wii: The Conduit $9.99
:wii: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings $9.99
:wii: Guitar Hero World Tour $9.99
:wii: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $9.99
:wii: Carnival Games: Mini-Golf $9.99
:wii: Disney Think Fast $9.99
:wii: Crash: Mind Over Mutant $12.99
:wii: de Blob $12.99
:wii: My Fitness Coach $12.99
:wii: Overlord: Dark Legend $12.99
:wii: House of the Dead: Overkill $14.99
:wii: MadWorld $14.99
:wii: NASCAR Kart Racing $14.99
:wii: Guitar Hero: Metallica $17.99
:wii: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption $17.99
All Wii Sale Games

spacer.gif

:ps3: Bionic Commando $7.99
:ps3: Stormrise $9.99
:ps3: Damnation $9.99
:ps3: Major League Baseball 2K9 $9.99
:ps3: Golden Axe: Beast Rider $9.99
:ps3: NBA 2K9 $9.99
:ps3: NBA Live 09 $9.99
:ps3: Shellshock 2: Blood Trails $9.99
:ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 $9.99
:ps3: Bond 007: Quantum of Solace $12.99
:ps3: Godfather 2 $12.99
:ps3: WWE SmackDown vs Raw 2009 $12.99
:ps3: MLB '09: The Show $12.99
:ps3: Virtua Tennis 2009 $12.99
:ps3: Ghostbusters $14.99
:ps3: Monsters vs. Aliens $14.99
:ps3: WWE: Legends of Wrestlemania $14.99
:ps3: Far Cry 2 $14.99
:ps3: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $17.99
:ps3: C&C: Red Alert 3 $19.99
:ps3: Dynasty War. Gundam 2 $19.99
:ps3: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince $19.99
All PS3 Sale Games

:ds: Build a Lot $7.99
:ds: Dream Day Wedding $7.99
:ds: Flower, Sun, and Rain $7.99
:ds: Blue Dragon Plus $9.99
:ds: Harvest Moon: Frantic Farming $9.99
:ds: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian $9.99
:ds: Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume $12.99
:ds: Rhythm Heaven $12.99
:ds: Naruto Ninja Council 4 $12.99
:ds: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon $14.99
:ds: Ghostbusters $14.99
:ds: Pokemon Ranger: Almia $14.99
:ds: Star Wars Jedi Alliance $14.99
:ds: GTA: Chinatown Wars $17.99
:ds: Gardening Mama $17.99
:ds: Suikoden Tierkreis $17.99
:ds: Legendary Starfy $19.99
All DS Sale Games

:psp: Tenchu: Shadow Assassins $7.99
:psp: Dragon Ball: Evolution $7.99
:psp: DT Carnage $7.99
:psp: MLB '09: The Show $9.99
:psp: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings $9.99
:psp: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $12.99
:psp: The Bigs 2 $12.99
:psp: Patapon $14.99
:psp: Resistance: Retribution $14.99
:psp: Class of Heroes $14.99
:psp: Prinny: Can I Really Be a Hero $14.99
:psp: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $14.99
:psp: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite $17.99
:psp: Phantasy Star Portable $17.99
:psp: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 $17.99
:psp: Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce $19.99
All PSP Sale Games

:ps2: Backyard Baseball '09 $4.99
:ps2: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 $5.99
:ps2: Tomb Raider Underworld $7.99
:ps2: Secret Service $7.99
:ps2: Spider-Man: Web of Shadows $7.99
:ps2: Shaun White Snowboarding $7.99
:ps2: Guitar Hero World Tour $9.99
:ps2: Avatar: Into the Inferno $9.99
:ps2: Bond 007: Quantum of Solace $9.99
:ps2: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings $9.99
:ps2: Disgaea: Hour of Darkness $12.99
:ps2: God of War $14.99
:ps2: MLB '09: The Show $14.99
All PS2 Sale Games

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered C&C:RA3 on the 25th and my order is "Status: In Process / Date Shipped: TBD".

Anybody had their order ship yet?

Ordered on the 23rd (Wed) after I got home (so evening), got a shipping notice on the 26th (Saturday).

I was surprised, didn't expect them to even start processing until monday.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']same here, kinda surprised at that price. one of the few that wasn't sold out by the time i went to go order it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is a great price! I'd have bought two if they had the PS3 version at that price. Just can't stand the 360 controller for shooters.

[quote name='King Royalty']Seems like everything has been RESTOCKED!!!!!

got MK vs DC and Star Ocean for $30! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

He speaks the truth!!! Everything's restocked! Kaching!

Just got e-notification Resident Evil 5 is back in stock. Ordered another kick ass deal.

Total spending: $33.53 for CoD:WaW and RE5 after tax.

Yay, looks like I got the last copy of restocked MLB 2K9 for Wii. I could only order 1 copy then it was OOS.

I just hope this stuff I've ordered from GF arrives before the GS trade 1 from list/$20 promo ends on the 10th

Just wondering, how banged up are gamefly used games generally? Im looking at a couple but Id rather get something "like new" on ebay for a few extra bucks than get a disc that's in barely playable condition if thats the case. I know the case and manual are in new condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything I've ever ordered off of gamefly has been in near mint condition. Usually the discs have very light or no scratches and the case/manual are absolutely mint. Of course 1-2 others are quite vocal that they did not have such experiences. I'd say you've got as much a chance as "like new" as you do off ebay, that's for sure - and the quality is almost always higher than gamestop.

Damn they must have restocked everything with one or two copies. Everything is gone again. Prinny for $15 is awesome, but I have missed it twice now.

I have placed two orders with them. Game cases and manuals were in like new condition. Games were scratched and had been buffed. I’d rate them in good condition on a like new, very good, good, acceptable, as-is type scale. Which kinda sucks for me since I usually like to sell them on Half.com if I don’t want to keep them or I didn’t like it. It is easier to sell in like new condition, less bitching for buyers. But for under $10 shipped for a game that plays great I can’t complain too much :)

[quote name='dmdragon']wow. PS3 hasn't been restocked, that's for sure lol[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, you are most definitely right. They must have sold damn near EVERYTHING. They have 14 PS3 games total, and the only used game they have left is Bolt ($18)

They're seriously clearing some stock. They're down to 46 Wii games, 48 DS games, and 17 PSP games. Almost like an end-of-year clearance at this point :p

[quote name='Markew001']Does anyone have an opinion... I only want one game.. Red Faction or Riddick? Thanks for any help! I can't decide! =p[/QUOTE]

Red Faction

[quote name='dmdragon']wow. PS3 hasn't been restocked, that's for sure lol[/QUOTE]

No they did restock quite a few PS3 games but didn't re-list a lot of them at the price they were at the beginning of the sale. I have no idea what is going on at the moment since they only have two games under $30 listed but do what I did and make buy it alerts for the games you want.

Is anyone's order taking an unusually long time to ship?

I ordered a Prinny on the 23rd and have already been charged, but it still shows shipping as TBD.

[quote name='Markew001']Does anyone have an opinion... I only want one game.. Red Faction or Riddick? Thanks for any help! I can't decide! =p[/QUOTE]

Red Faction.

got my games today

nba2k9 360 works

mlb 2k9 360 - ive gotten unreadable disc error twice, cleaned it, no scratches, not sure whats wrong

Got my SF4 (Xbox 360) game in the mail. Case and manual are mint condition and the disc has been buffered but works real well. Great deal!

I bought Bionic Commando over the summer but just got around to playing it and beating it over the weekend. I'll say this for people on the fence about the game: $8.99 is a steal. This probably gets my award for best overlooked game this year. It doesn't start out the greatest as most of the cool abilities are locked for a few stages at least, and the action isn't as satisfying as it is later on, but once it gets rolling it doesn't let up. It features some great set pieces. The last third of the game is like a Hollywood blockbuster. The first couple stages weren't overly exciting for me, which is why I kept setting it aside--until this weekend when it grabbed me and wouldn't let go.

I told someone else that this was the first time in a while I've been this satisfied with a game. It was like great sex.

GiantBomb gave it 4/5 stars, saying you'll either love it or hate it. I'm in the former category. At times this felt like the best Spiderman game ever released--though of course it's not Spiderman. The arm slinging was great fun and once you get more abilities unlocked, you feel truly bad-ass. I think Crackdown was the last game I felt this powerful.

[quote name='Kelegacy']I bought Bionic Commando over the summer but just got around to playing it and beating it over the weekend. I'll say this for people on the fence about the game: $8.99 is a steal. This probably gets my award for best overlooked game this year. It doesn't start out the greatest as most of the cool abilities are locked for a few stages at least, and the action isn't as satisfying as it is later on, but once it gets rolling it doesn't let up. It features some great set pieces. The last third of the game is like a Hollywood blockbuster. The first couple stages weren't overly exciting for me, which is why I kept setting it aside--until this weekend when it grabbed me and wouldn't let go.

I told someone else that this was the first time in a while I've been this satisfied with a game. It was like great sex.

GiantBomb gave it 4/5 stars, saying you'll either love it or hate it. I'm in the former category. At times this felt like the best Spiderman game ever released--though of course it's not Spiderman. The arm slinging was great fun and once you get more abilities unlocked, you feel truly bad-ass. I think Crackdown was the last game I felt this powerful.[/QUOTE]

The game was absolutely amazing. I can understand why a lot of people don't enjoy it but it also doesn't help that people bash the game and they haven't even played it. Definitely one of the games I've enjoyed the most out of the big releases this year. It's unbelievably hard at times but so satisfying once you beat the game. Bought and sold the game after I beat it, definitely thinking about picking it up again though!

I would be in the group that hated it. Between the load times and poorly marked sections of instant death radiation I just found far too little fun mixed in with the awesome. I give it credit for good visuals, decent sound, and a fantastic combat system - but I can almost never enjoy a game where I spend as much time at load screens as I do in game. Although I would agree for $8.99 it's worth a look - although if I bought it again it'd be on X360 with a HD install.

I would have picked up Bionic if the PS3 version was ever in. I have looked 10x and it is never in stock. Not a biggie since you can get it almost any time for under $20. Just saw it new yesterday for $17 at Hastings, but at $8 I would have grabbed it.

[quote name='Izod517']I would be in the group that hated it. Between the load times and poorly marked sections of instant death radiation I just found far too little fun mixed in with the awesome. I give it credit for good visuals, decent sound, and a fantastic combat system - but I can almost never enjoy a game where I spend as much time at load screens as I do in game. Although I would agree for $8.99 it's worth a look - although if I bought it again it'd be on X360 with a HD install.[/QUOTE]

I installed it to my HDD before playing and didn't notice any bad load times. They do pop up between levels, but that's not a problem for me. And they didn't last too long. Maybe 30 seconds or so? I'm not that impatient.

And I thought the radiation zones were fairly defined--the blue haze means you can't go there, the blue streaks on buildings means they're saturated with radiation. It serves mostly as an invisible barrier, tunneling you down the path the developers wanted you to go. I died under 5 times from the radiation, though I encountered it many times; it was easy to just move away from the zone when the game warned me. It's never an instant-death, but if you swing too far into a zone and don't get out pronto, you are screwed. Luckily if you just barely go into radiation area it doesn't affect you much and you can just move away.

It was weird that you commented on the load times because even after beating it I had never heard complaints like that. But like I said, I never played it without a HDD install.

I also really enjoyed the boss fights in this one. And the swinging was just so satistfying. I became a pro at it in time and it was one of my favorite game mechanics of the year.

Most of the time it's instant death because unless you are skimming the edge of it, there isn't enough time to correct your swing before the radiation kills you. The polar opposites of asking you to explore to find the hidden collectibles yet punishing your for exploring by not explicitly marking when radiation starts AND requiring you to do it on the initial playthrough of the level (you cannot replay a level to find items you missed or complete challenges like in BC:Rearmed, as nothing is saved when you replay a level) is what I found quite irritating. Halving or thirding radiation damage would have made this game much more enjoyable.

Basically it boils down to a great swinging mechanic with poor presentation/execution. It's worth $9, just expect there to be a healthy dose of frustration mixed with enjoyment.

Titles I'm considering would you say rent, buy or pass:

:360:
Wanted
Ghostbusters
Red Faction G
Fight Night Round 4
COD WAW
Godfather II
Call Juarez BIB
Wheelman
Chronicls of Riddick
X-men Origins Wolverine

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Titles I'm considering would you say rent, buy or pass:

Wanted
Ghostbusters
Red Faction G
Fight Night Round 4
COD WAW
Godfather II
Call Juarez BIB
Wheelman
Chronicls of Riddick
X-men Origins Wolverine[/QUOTE]

Wanted - rent
Ghostbusters - rent
Red Faction G - buy
Fight Night Round 4 - buy
COD WAW - buy
Godfather 2 - pass
Call of Juarez BIB - rent
Wheelman - rent
Chronicles of Riddick - buy
Xmen Origins Wolverine - buy

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Titles I'm considering would you say rent, buy or pass:

Wanted
Ghostbusters
Red Faction G
Fight Night Round 4
COD WAW
Godfather II
Call Juarez BIB
Wheelman
Chronicls of Riddick
X-men Origins Wolverine[/QUOTE]

All the games you listed are worth what GameFly is charging. Well, except for maybe Wheelman. I mean, it's ok.... but definitely the weakest of the bunch.

I just received the item I ordered on Thursday. The case and manuals are in excellent condition. It looks like brand new even includes unused 48 Gold trial, haha.
But the disc has a lot of scratches but I tried to install it to HDD and it worked.

bread's done
Back