Gamefly April Used Game Sale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 4/19.

:360: Prototype $9.99
:360: Wheelman $9.99
:360: Brutal Legend $9.99
:360: Rock Band Country Track Pack $9.99
:360: Secret Service $9.99
:360: Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes $9.99
:360: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway $12.99
:360: The Bigs 2 $14.99
:360: Left 4 Dead 2 $19.99
:360: The Beatles: Rock Band $17.99
:360: NCAA Football 10 $19.99
:360: Guitar Hero 5 $19.99
:360: Tekken 6 $19.99

:ps3: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince $9.99
:ps3: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $9.99
:ps3: Ghostbusters $12.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $14.99
:ps3: Fight Night Round 4 $14.99
:ps3: Overlord II $14.99
:ps3: The Bigs 2 $14.99
:ps3: Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires $14.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Guerrilla $14.99
:ps3: Wet $17.99
:ps3: Guitar Hero 5 $19.99

:wii: Birthday Party Bash $7.99
:wii: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian $7.99
:wii: Overlord: Dark Legend $9.99
:wii: Aliens in the Attic $9.99
:wii: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings $9.99
:wii: Monster Mayhem: Build & Battle $9.99
:wii: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $9.99
:wii: Cursed Mountain $12.99
:wii: FIFA Soccer 09 All-Play $14.99
:wii: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra $14.99
:wii: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 $14.99
:wii: RE Archives: Resident Evil $17.99
:wii: Punch-Out!! $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for prototype, even thought I'll probably never get to it. It can sit next to InFamous...another game I'll never get to.

So, the Rock Band track packs come with a code so you can export it to your harddrive and play it with your Rock Band 2 discs. Usually, if you buy it used those codes are used up. I wonder if the codes would be valid since you would only get the disc at gamefly...

[quote name='robdees']I had the same thought, but caved after 5 seconds. I'm not as strong as you :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah i caved in about the same time to. I might play this for my next game. ME2 insanity on the collector ship is killing me. I should of never rushed to get there before i got updates to weapons/armor.

I hope Beatles hits $15 or under that is the only one on the list i want now.

[quote name='limesqueeze']So, the Rock Band track packs come with a code so you can export it to your harddrive and play it with your Rock Band 2 discs. Usually, if you buy it used those codes are used up. I wonder if the codes would be valid since you would only get the disc at gamefly...[/QUOTE]

I like to know myself but i do not see them sending many with it. I need a 100% for sure on the track packs before i buy them. I am waiting for brand new sales on them myself.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I hope Beatles hits $15 or under that is the only one on the list i want now.[/QUOTE]
Check your BBV- $15 and B1G1 (for 360, at least). :p

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I like to know myself but i do not see them sending many with it. I need a 100% for sure on the track packs before i buy them. I am waiting for brand new sales on them myself.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone ever bought from them before where they got the code? I'm wondering this myself but I'm not buying it if they won't gaurantee that the code is in the package.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Has anyone ever bought from them before where they got the code? I'm wondering this myself but I'm not buying it if they won't gaurantee that the code is in the package.[/QUOTE]

I've bought the Classic Rock Track Pack awhile back and it came with the code, worked like a charm. I would assume they all would but don't hold me to it.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I almost bit on Left 4 dead 2 for $27 over at amazon, but this seemed a little sweeter so I had to bite.[/QUOTE]

You, sir, have great taste in sports (even if all we do is lose). :applause::applause::applause:

*sigh*....I'm going to say NO to Prototype.

I mean...it's only $4.34 if I was to use my 10% off and my $5 coupon, but I'll never play it with the way my backlog is now..Will I?

No. No. No. I will not buy!

It is pretty awesome, as far as being an amazingly powered super...hero/villain, depending who you're killing =).

Voice acting was ok, I don't remember any music, graphics are passable though I believe the framerate was pretty good considering all the action on the screen. Story which had it's moments but never glued well together and just ok missions. So why do I think it's awesome? Because the powers my friends, the powers.

Run up a building, jump off 20 feet into the air, start gliding, don your suit of armor guyver style, morph your arm into a massive blade and then drop 20 stories to 1shot a tank. Then transform your arms into muscled meat sticks, pick up destroyed tank, and heave it at a helicopter.

If that sounds awesome, this is a no brainer. It's great for a playground to mess with all these super powers but falls a bit short in other areas unfortunately.

In for Brutal Legend and Prototype... can't resist at these prices.

Gonna hold off on Tekken 6 and Guitar Hero 5... for now.

[quote name='chimpster1313']You, sir, have great taste in sports (even if all we do is lose). :applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

Yeah win or lose I love the browns. Now I am just hoping for a good draft!

[quote name='Vortextk']It is pretty awesome, as far as being an amazingly powered super...hero/villain, depending who you're killing =).

Voice acting was ok, I don't remember any music, graphics are passable though I believe the framerate was pretty good considering all the action on the screen. Story which had it's moments but never glued well together and just ok missions. So why do I think it's awesome? Because the powers my friends, the powers.

Run up a building, jump off 20 feet into the air, start gliding, don your suit of armor guyver style, morph your arm into a massive blade and then drop 20 stories to 1shot a tank. Then transform your arms into muscled meat sticks, pick up destroyed tank, and heave it at a helicopter.

If that sounds awesome, this is a no brainer. It's great for a playground to mess with all these super powers but falls a bit short in other areas unfortunately.[/QUOTE]Dude....you really aren't making this any easier...I know I'd love it...but I have literally like 50+ games in my backlog...

*Mouse hovering over submit order button*

[quote name='bringerofdeath']how would i get these gamefly coupons you guys are talking about, do I have to be a member?[/QUOTE]Yeah, for at least 3 months I think and every 3 months after that. I'm pretty sure you get 5% off and it stacks for every three months you're a member (I currently have 10% off now).

[quote name='bringerofdeath']how would i get these gamefly coupons you guys are talking about, do I have to be a member?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they periodically give members coupons for $$s off games.

after buying over 50 games in the BBV deal... I couldn't fathom the idea of buying another game unless if I get one for free, or so cheap that it came out to 7.50 or less... but prototype is tempting me... then again, if i pull the trigger, by the time i even get around to it, it would be $5 on glyde

It's good to know that I'm not the only one in this boat.

Damn! I loaded up on last sale and picked up prototype. It was worth it! Nothing is cooler as you bounding from building to building and be essentially an indestructible badass. I've invested nearly 6 hours into the thing.

Grabbed a copy of Prototype and Secret Service (Realize this game probably won't be that good) for a bit over $20. Can't complain.

L4d 2 for $20... I'm sold. Just one question though, what condition are the used discs in that you have received? Good (better than average rental), fair (what you'd expect), or bad (not worth it)? Thanks.

I recommend Brutal Legend to people on the fence. Driving around in the open world exploring and listening to heavy metal was probably my favorite part of the game. The RTS-styled stage battles did get old for me, however.

I don't think it's up to the caliber of other Schafer games, but I found it fairly enjoyable.

[quote name='limesqueeze']So, the Rock Band track packs come with a code so you can export it to your harddrive and play it with your Rock Band 2 discs. Usually, if you buy it used those codes are used up. I wonder if the codes would be valid since you would only get the disc at gamefly...[/QUOTE]

I bought the RB Classic Rock Track Pack Vol. 2 from Gamefly with the same concerns. Rest assured, the code was as pure and innocent as the day it was born (it had not been used).

That has to be one of the fastest price drops ever with Brutal Legend. Now I feel like an idiot for paying full price for that game. Granted, I got it as part of Best Buy B2G2F sale, but still overpaid!

Ha, I literally just today received the final game I bought from the *last* Gamefly sale, and yet here I am buying Prototype and Brutal Legend like everyone else. That backlog is not getting any smaller.
Thanks for the heads up Cheapy.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']Grabbed a copy of Prototype and Secret Service (Realize this game probably won't be that good) for a bit over $20. Can't complain.[/QUOTE]

Dude, Secret Service is not even worth $1. It is so bad you could not force me to play it, even for Achievements, and I'm an Achievement addict. Should have just stuck to Prototype.

I already beat a friend's copy of prototype, got gold on all the challenges, and don't think I'll bother to try to get platinum or beat it on hard...but I might, and I might want to just play the game again, and at that price...I'll probably bite.

I've had fun with the Overlord games for the 360, so I might check out Dark Legend on the Wii at that price...

bread's done
Back