Gamefly April Used Game Sale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 4/19.

:360: Prototype $9.99
:360: Wheelman $9.99
:360: Brutal Legend $9.99
:360: Rock Band Country Track Pack $9.99
:360: Secret Service $9.99
:360: Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes $9.99
:360: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway $12.99
:360: The Bigs 2 $14.99
:360: Left 4 Dead 2 $19.99
:360: The Beatles: Rock Band $17.99
:360: NCAA Football 10 $19.99
:360: Guitar Hero 5 $19.99
:360: Tekken 6 $19.99

:ps3: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince $9.99
:ps3: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $9.99
:ps3: Ghostbusters $12.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $14.99
:ps3: Fight Night Round 4 $14.99
:ps3: Overlord II $14.99
:ps3: The Bigs 2 $14.99
:ps3: Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires $14.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Guerrilla $14.99
:ps3: Wet $17.99
:ps3: Guitar Hero 5 $19.99

:wii: Birthday Party Bash $7.99
:wii: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian $7.99
:wii: Overlord: Dark Legend $9.99
:wii: Aliens in the Attic $9.99
:wii: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings $9.99
:wii: Monster Mayhem: Build & Battle $9.99
:wii: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $9.99
:wii: Cursed Mountain $12.99
:wii: FIFA Soccer 09 All-Play $14.99
:wii: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra $14.99
:wii: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 $14.99
:wii: RE Archives: Resident Evil $17.99
:wii: Punch-Out!! $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my copies of Prototype and Brutal Legend yesterday. Discs were slightly scratched up, but nothing major. Both games played/installed just fine.

It can sometimes take 10-15 days (not business) for me to get puchased games from Gamefly. That's why I always factor in the wait time when buying games from there. If I can pay $2 more in store and not have to wait 2 weeks, I'll do it.

Prototype deal was too good to pass up though.

I finally got Prototype today but the whole case was cracked and can't close. Will gamefly send out replacement cases? I am sending an email in a bit.

[quote name='Marker']These guys need to be more careful when they're cutting open game cases. I've bought 2 games (Blaz Blue and Army of Two) from them where the case was damaged on the top due to a knife (or whatever sharp object they use to unseal games) cutting right through the plastic.[/QUOTE]
I've had this happen a couple of times too, it's a bit annoying

Ordered Brutal Legend on Tuesday, showed up today. Not so much as a light scratch or a speck of dirt on this disk.

Looks brand new. I love Gamefly! :D

Got Prototype and it's in excellent condition. Wanted to post to let people know that this and all of my experiences with Gamefly have been excellent for those on the bubble about ordering from them.

Hit order submit! Do it! :)

[quote name='HellMark']Got Prototype and it's in excellent condition. Wanted to post to let people know that this and all of my experiences with Gamefly have been excellent for those on the bubble about ordering from them.

Hit order submit! Do it! :)[/QUOTE]

Same here, I love GF! Prototype is a good game a lilttle Similar to Infamous and Hulk. Not bad thing.

I received Prototype yesterday, the case was excellent condition. It came complete with manual but disc was scratched. I was concerned but it installed without any problems onto my xbox so all is well

I have been really disappointed with the condition of the used game discs from Gamefly. I have bought about 10-15 xbox 360 and ps3 games over the past 2 years and the quality has not been too good.

For $10 for Prototype I don't care how the disc looks--if it plays perfectly who cares?

I have never had an issue with Gamefly's games. I've bought dozens and not one problem. I don't look at the discs usually, I just play them. If there are many superficial scratches, again I wouldn't care as long as the game works. We are getting good deals, I don't expect them to be mint, though most have been.

Of course, case and manual are always perfect.

Got my order today, Punch-Out!! looks okay, not as great as I'd like it to be. Brutal Legend's disc just looks like utter shite, I'm pretty sad about it. I'm sure it will play though

For anyone who cares: they seem to have restocked on Prototype ($10.64 with tax, just sayin). I've already beaten the game but picked up a copy anyways - I mean the game is practically free, after all - I just hope I don't get a copy that looks like its been dragged through hell or something. Though I did receive Tekken 6 from them recently in absolutely pristine condition. My mail woman even punched me in the face when she gave it to me. KO, first round.

Gamefly called me today, gave me $5 in gamefly $ to use so i guess i didnt totally lose out on them screwing my order up.

Still pissed though. L4D2 $21, Ordered it on amazon since i dont trust them on it again $27 so i guess the gamefly $ makes it about equal : /

Got my Prototype last week. Was not pristine like ODST, just barely scuffed and plays fine.

i got prototype yesterday, i couldnt be happier, there is not one scratch on it and looks brand new, i know gamefly doesn't normally resurface discs, so either way i am happy with the quality i recieved, because i ordered fifa 09 from them and it was scratched to hell but still playable

[quote name='TheJerseyKush']i got prototype yesterday, i couldnt be happier, there is not one scratch on it and looks brand new, i know gamefly doesn't normally resurface discs, so either way i am happy with the quality i recieved, because i ordered fifa 09 from them and it was scratched to hell but still playable[/QUOTE]
same here. will be buying from gamefly more. heard their actual service sucks though from several people.

i got brutal legend today and theres no scratches or anything but the outter edge of the disc is like chewed apart like a little mouse chewed on the edge. its very small but i hope it doesnt mess anything up.

Got Prototype and Xmen Origins: Wolverine. Both Games were complete and the cases look like new. The Prototype game was like new and the Wolverine game was kinda beat up but it looks like it will install.

Got my Left 4 Dead 2. It's in perfect shape.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']same here. will be buying from gamefly more. heard their actual service sucks though from several people.[/QUOTE]

The first time I used gamefly the service was really good. That was back when it started. The last time I used the rental service. Which was almost 2 years ago. Shipping times were unbelievably slow. They were having issues with their discs get mishandled and or stolen by the post office. A friend of mine said shipping times are better now. I'll probably try it out again once I get through my backlog.

Their rental service is fine with me; takes 2 days for them to get my game, 2 days to get another back. It CAN fluctuate but still, I save so much money it's absurd...I haven't rented a game from a store in 5 years and I read they're nearly $10 per rental. So, tack that to what I get from gamefly(4-5 games a month) = $45....or with Gamefly = $16.

And of course, with promos like this, it makes it all the more better. If they were as quick as Netflix, it'd truly be an amazing service.

Man this is only the second time I have ordered a game from gamefly but both times have taken way to long to get my item. I ordered the country track pack the first night they put up this list and I still have yet to get it. Last time I ordered it took like 10 days from order tell I got it which I guess isn't horrible but considering I live in pittsburgh which is where one of their shipping centers in I could hope for a much faster time. Anyone else still waiting forever for their stuff or should I start to worry?

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Man this is only the second time I have ordered a game from gamefly but both times have taken way to long to get my item. I ordered the country track pack the first night they put up this list and I still have yet to get it. Last time I ordered it took like 10 days from order tell I got it which I guess isn't horrible but considering I live in pittsburgh which is where one of their shipping centers in I could hope for a much faster time. Anyone else still waiting forever for their stuff or should I start to worry?[/QUOTE]

That's strange. I've ordered a few games from them before, and they've always arrived in a decent amount of time. I'd wait another day or so before hitting the panic button.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Man this is only the second time I have ordered a game from gamefly but both times have taken way to long to get my item. I ordered the country track pack the first night they put up this list and I still have yet to get it. Last time I ordered it took like 10 days from order tell I got it which I guess isn't horrible but considering I live in pittsburgh which is where one of their shipping centers in I could hope for a much faster time. Anyone else still waiting forever for their stuff or should I start to worry?[/QUOTE]

Depends where they ship your order from it won't necessarily come from PA, it might come from the hubs in FL, or AZ, or CA, you never know. And didn't the email confirmation they send you come with some sort of tracking info? I thought it usually does. And yes, it can take awhile for your stuff to show up.

I'm glad I bit on Prototype, I've been having alot of fun with it. The story is pretty decent and I like what they did with the faces in the cutscenes. Overall it's like the hulk meets gta meets assassins creed meets spiderman meets ... Heh. I could go on all day but even though it feels "familiar" it's keeping me interested so far.

I picked up Brutal Legend and with my $5 off, I only payed $4.23 for it. Great deal for how fun it's been so far. Received it three days after I ordered and the disc and case looked brand new.

My prototype was also in perfect condition. Box, manual, and disk look new. I definitely prefer to order from then then gamestop if I can help it.

I got Batman in today. Roughly a week after I ordered it and it came in great condition. Some very, very light scratches but it's fine. $10 is great!

[quote name='Donnums']I got Batman in today. Roughly a week after I ordered it and it came in great condition. Some very, very light scratches but it's fine. $10 is great![/QUOTE]
you got batman for $10?!

[quote name='malfuncti0n']you got batman for $10?![/QUOTE]

Well, I had a 5 GameFly dollars from the first 3 months and right before they expire, they give you another 5(usually 3 days before the previous dollars expire) so that stacked to take $10 off plus I got 5% off. After tax it was something like $11.09 :) This is why I love Gamefly.

[quote name='Donnums']Well, I had a 5 GameFly dollars from the first 3 months and right before they expire, they give you another 5(usually 3 days before the previous dollars expire) so that stacked to take $10 off plus I got 5% off. After tax it was something like $11.09 :) This is why I love Gamefly.[/QUOTE]
that's pretty awesome. you have to be a subscriber to their service for the $5 discounts?

No their free shipping doesnt give any tracking info. I sent them an email today asking if they could check into it for me but tomorrow makes 2 full weeks since they said it shipped and it still hasn't shown up whether it was coming from one of their other warehouses or not.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']that's pretty awesome. you have to be a subscriber to their service for the $5 discounts?[/QUOTE]

After a few months you get a percentage discount and eventually $5 coupon.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']No their free shipping doesnt give any tracking info. I sent them an email today asking if they could check into it for me but tomorrow makes 2 full weeks since they said it shipped and it still hasn't shown up whether it was coming from one of their other warehouses or not.[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on your order size. I ordered 5 games a few weeks ago in the previous sale and had fedex shipping with tracking number. Maybe I had a unique situation but it may depend on order size.

Dont know if its been mentioned yet, but used Tekken 6 for 360 is now $12.99 and used White Knight Chronicles for PS3 is now $19.99

[quote name='Vinnyg32']Dont know if its been mentioned yet, but used Tekken 6 for 360 is now $12.99 and used White Knight Chronicles for PS3 is now $19.99[/QUOTE]

Oh damn, that price for Tekken 6 is very tempting....I'm getting SSF4 this week too though, should I bother? I did enjoy Tekken 5 A LOT though.

I don't know if this has been posted either but Bioshock 2 is $29.99(I think, my 5% says it's $28.49), same with Dragon Age origins.

You could try it and see if you like it. If you don't, I believe the Best Buy trade-in-center is still giving $30 for it.

[quote name='Vinnyg32']You could try it and see if you like it. If you don't, I believe the Best Buy trade-in-center is still giving $30 for it.[/QUOTE]

They posted on their Twitter that the deal on Tekken 6 is only running through Noon PST tomorrow so you better get on it now if you want a copy, especially with that TIV at BB. The flippers are going to have this one sold out quickly.

bread's done
Back