Gamefly April Used Game Sale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 4/19.

:360: Prototype $9.99
:360: Wheelman $9.99
:360: Brutal Legend $9.99
:360: Rock Band Country Track Pack $9.99
:360: Secret Service $9.99
:360: Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes $9.99
:360: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway $12.99
:360: The Bigs 2 $14.99
:360: Left 4 Dead 2 $19.99
:360: The Beatles: Rock Band $17.99
:360: NCAA Football 10 $19.99
:360: Guitar Hero 5 $19.99
:360: Tekken 6 $19.99

:ps3: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince $9.99
:ps3: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $9.99
:ps3: Ghostbusters $12.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $14.99
:ps3: Fight Night Round 4 $14.99
:ps3: Overlord II $14.99
:ps3: The Bigs 2 $14.99
:ps3: Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires $14.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Guerrilla $14.99
:ps3: Wet $17.99
:ps3: Guitar Hero 5 $19.99

:wii: Birthday Party Bash $7.99
:wii: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian $7.99
:wii: Overlord: Dark Legend $9.99
:wii: Aliens in the Attic $9.99
:wii: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings $9.99
:wii: Monster Mayhem: Build & Battle $9.99
:wii: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $9.99
:wii: Cursed Mountain $12.99
:wii: FIFA Soccer 09 All-Play $14.99
:wii: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra $14.99
:wii: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 $14.99
:wii: RE Archives: Resident Evil $17.99
:wii: Punch-Out!! $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kelegacy']Got Prototype. Been waiting for that for a while, and buying used means Activision doesn't get any of my money.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
if that avatar is accurate. you look like a white version of myself, haha.

also how's gamefly's shipping? for bought games and if you use their service.

I ordered Prototype on Monday, it shipped early Tuesday, I expect to get it by this weekend. They're fairly good. The service itself is slow as death so I cancelled. I was waiting for games more than I actually had them each month.

As far as the avatar, it's not completely accurate anymore. I sometimes shave my goatee down to just the chin (wife hates it so sometimes I do it for a change and/or out of spite), but right now I have the whole thing.

thanks for the reply, haha.

and for comparison purposes, cuz i find this funny:
you look much more serious though.
Kelegacy.png

mezdup.png

How long does it usually take for a gamefly game to reach you after its shipped out?

Is it as fast as a rental?

[quote name='Donnums']I'm hoping Left 4 Dead 2 will last until Thursday....that's when I'll get my second 5 gamefly dollars plus 5% off...making it under $10.[/QUOTE]

I got it now with your method, 5 gamefly bucks and 5% off. Its was like 15.56 total

[quote name='Metalic']How long does it usually take for a gamefly game to reach you after its shipped out?

Is it as fast as a rental?[/QUOTE]

I ordered The Last Remnant on the 2nd and got it on the 5th, then I ordered Velvet Assassin and it took 7 or 8 days so it varies.

Prototype kept me sane for about a week straight. Good game. Very very bloody. Too bad after you beat it it's utterly forgettable. But for $10 you can't go wrong. The game is pretty much a sadists dream.

I ended up getting Prototype 9.99 and Wolverine: Uncaged 12.99 today (been chasing Wolverine since the sales started). Signed up for the 1 month through Mafia Wars so i can get the free shipping and Godfather Points + Rentals (Yeah i know i am such a sucker).

[quote name='TheJerseyKush']bought prototype a few days not even sure why, 10 dollar games are the bane of a gamers existence[/QUOTE]

Ummm..... why? You could buy a HELL of a lot worse games for $60 than Prototype for $10.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Ummm..... why? You could buy a HELL of a lot worse games for $60 than Prototype for $10.[/QUOTE]

you misunderstood my post, i was implying that its hard to resist a game for 10 dollars if im even slightly interested. when you do that 20 times, it adds up

[quote name='TheJerseyKush']you misunderstood my post, i was implying that its hard to resist a game for 10 dollars if im even slightly interested. when you do that 20 times, it adds up[/QUOTE]

LOL, I hear ya there. 10 dollar games are the bane of a gamer's WALLET!

efffffff
I bought L4D2 game last night but then I decided to cancel my order [long story] but I did not see a option to do so. So I sent them a email asking for a order cancel 20 minutes later, no reply.

This morning I received a email saying my order shipped and it looks like I have been charged? Any ideas on how to get a refund or the game cancelled?

[quote name='e5volcano']efffffff
I bought L4D2 game last night but then I decided to cancel my order [long story] but I did not see a option to do so. So I sent them a email asking for a order cancel 20 minutes later, no reply.

This morning I received a email saying my order shipped and it looks like I have been charged? Any ideas on how to get a refund or the game cancelled?[/QUOTE]
Don't forget that you can get $25 credit at GS for L4D2 until 4/25 (on a new game $29.99 or more...example ACII in the Gamedays sale). If you are thinking about that type of purchase its likely it will be more convenient than re-mailing. Just my two cents.

I received a game today I ordered from Gamefly.
Surprisingly, the game disc is not there. The disc holder is broken too.

Does this happen often? Would I still be able to get the game?
I reported to Gamefly but haven't got a response yet.

[quote name='sgr76']I ended up getting Prototype 9.99 and Wolverine: Uncaged 12.99 today (been chasing Wolverine since the sales started). Signed up for the 1 month through Mafia Wars so i can get the free shipping and Godfather Points + Rentals (Yeah i know i am such a sucker).[/QUOTE]

Just grabbed the same games, both look like a good bit of fun for those prices. Darn shipping costs!

[quote name='e5volcano']efffffff

This morning I received a email saying my order shipped and it looks like I have been charged? Any ideas on how to get a refund or the game cancelled?[/QUOTE]

From what I see in my Cart, it says "All Sales are Final". So your only option may be to just return it when you get it.

I was tempted to get Prototype, but I think it's out of stock. It'd have been something like $1 with my new 5% off and my stacked gamefly dollars. I got Arkham Asylum instead for $11.90 shipped!

Thanks Cheapy. Brutal Legend came back into stock today so I decided to grab a copy finally. Looking forward to it for only $10.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Got my prototype today, everything looks good. Theres a few light scratches but it installed to my HDD just fine. I love these sales![/QUOTE]

did you use the free shipping? or did you choose an expedited shipping option, one thing that always bothers me about gamefly is they never give you delivery confirmation with the free shipping, nothing makes me more worried then a video game sitting out in the rain for a few days where you can't find it

[quote name='Donnums']From what I see in my Cart, it says "All Sales are Final". So your only option may be to just return it when you get it.

I was tempted to get Prototype, but I think it's out of stock. It'd have been something like $1 with my new 5% off and my stacked gamefly dollars. I got Arkham Asylum instead for $11.90 shipped![/QUOTE]

That didn't really make any sense.. If it states all sales are final (which it does because I was gonna order a couple games but didn't want to deal with the hassle if they were scratched) then that means you can't return it unless its so scratched up that its unplayable. I suppose if your a member they might make an exception for you but I'm betting if your just a regular joe then your probably just going to get accidentaly disconnected.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']That didn't really make any sense.. If it states all sales are final (which it does because I was gonna order a couple games but didn't want to deal with the hassle if they were scratched) then that means you can't return it unless its so scratched up that its unplayable. I suppose if your a member they might make an exception for you but I'm betting if your just a regular joe then your probably just going to get accidentaly disconnected.[/QUOTE]

Nah, from what I hear Gamefly's customer service is great and I hear returns are simple though they don't do any kind of exchanges - you just get your money back. What I THINK they mean by "All sales are final" is that once you place your order, you are committed to it and cannot cancel. You should be able to return it just fine once you get it though. Like I said, I've seen a lot of people over the past few months in these sales threads who've said their disc wasn't working and they got a refund just fine.

[quote name='Donnums']Nah, from what I hear Gamefly's customer service is great and I hear returns are simple though they don't do any kind of exchanges - you just get your money back.[/quote]

You heard right then because I recently purchased a copy of Batman: AA from them and I got BlazBlue instead (which at the time I really wanted as well, so it was kind of hilarious trying to figure out what to do). I told them about this just because I wanted, you know, my actual order - and if no one ever says anything they would just keeping messing up, right? - and less than a day later they responded to my e-mail and issued me a full refund, no questions asked. Now that, my friends, is great customer service. When they screw up they correct their wrongs and don't screw you around like the EA store (who shipped me a box with nothing in it, and after I complained to customer service they told me to mail them a letter along with my now-gnarled box, haha).

If GameFly screws up, be easy. Their customer service, at least in my experience, has been fantastic.

[quote name='TheJerseyKush']did you use the free shipping? or did you choose an expedited shipping option, one thing that always bothers me about gamefly is they never give you delivery confirmation with the free shipping, nothing makes me more worried then a video game sitting out in the rain for a few days where you can't find it[/QUOTE]
I used the free shipping, ordered it Monday.

Funny thing: I thought I read somewhere that the used games get free shipping only if you are a GameFly member... and well, I am not. Yet for some reason all the used games I buy from them have free shipping. Though I did use that free 10-day trial of theirs - and it expired over a month ago - I still don't think that would in turn mean I am "in the circle" now and thus get free shipping. Seems kind of odd. Unless... I'm just an idiot and they do give free shipping to non-members. Which is probably the case; therefore making my post all the more pointless...

[quote name='yarkitty123']Funny thing: I thought I read somewhere that the used games get free shipping only if you are a GameFly member... and well, I am not. Yet for some reason all the used games I buy from them have free shipping. Though I did use that free 10-day trial of theirs - and it expired over a month ago - I still don't think that would in turn mean I am "in the circle" now and thus get free shipping. Seems kind of odd. Unless... I'm just an idiot and they do give free shipping to non-members. Which is probably the case; therefore making my post all the more pointless...[/QUOTE]

There is free shipping on select titles - usually the ones on sale

I love Gamefly, great deals and even with free shipping, I get my games within 3-4 mailing days. So can't complain at all. #1 in my book!!

Gamefly emailed me that they are splitting my order into 2 shipments at no extra cost. For some reason Prototype is easier to get their hands on than Wolverine :p I thought that was nice of them considering I have a very limited history there.

[quote name='Kelegacy']I hope I get Prototype today. It was mailed on Tuesday morning, so I'm guessing it will have to be here today.[/QUOTE]

Mine was shipped Monday morning and I still haven't received it.

fucking gamefly sent me the wrong game. How can i contact them?

For those curious i bought L4D2. I got Batman: AA instead which i already own.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Got Prototype, Assassin's Creed 2 and the RB Country Track Pack today, they were all in amazing condition.[/QUOTE]

Did the RB Country come with an export code? I ordered that one myself hoping it would have the code and plan on returning it if it doesn't have it. On a side note I find it odd that they have a warehouse in pittsburgh where I live but it always takes them over a week from when they send an email claiming it has been mailed and when I actually get it...

These guys need to be more careful when they're cutting open game cases. I've bought 2 games (Blaz Blue and Army of Two) from them where the case was damaged on the top due to a knife (or whatever sharp object they use to unseal games) cutting right through the plastic.

Awesome i get a email from gamefly telling me im getting refunded in 3-5 days and IF the game is still in stock on there store i could re-order.

Basically like telling me "fuck you" so if i get the refund im about to just keep batman and then order L4D2 on amazon and let them take the hit for fucking me over.

Worst service ever. They didnt offer to send me L4D2 even though its what i ordered. All they offer is the refund for a game on sale which obviously will be out of stock in 3-5 days if it isnt already. Is it really so hard to send a game back and get what i rightfully ordered. Seems not!

bread's done
Back