Gamefly April Used Game Sale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 4/19.

:360: Prototype $9.99
:360: Wheelman $9.99
:360: Brutal Legend $9.99
:360: Rock Band Country Track Pack $9.99
:360: Secret Service $9.99
:360: Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes $9.99
:360: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway $12.99
:360: The Bigs 2 $14.99
:360: Left 4 Dead 2 $19.99
:360: The Beatles: Rock Band $17.99
:360: NCAA Football 10 $19.99
:360: Guitar Hero 5 $19.99
:360: Tekken 6 $19.99

:ps3: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince $9.99
:ps3: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $9.99
:ps3: Ghostbusters $12.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $14.99
:ps3: Fight Night Round 4 $14.99
:ps3: Overlord II $14.99
:ps3: The Bigs 2 $14.99
:ps3: Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires $14.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Guerrilla $14.99
:ps3: Wet $17.99
:ps3: Guitar Hero 5 $19.99

:wii: Birthday Party Bash $7.99
:wii: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian $7.99
:wii: Overlord: Dark Legend $9.99
:wii: Aliens in the Attic $9.99
:wii: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings $9.99
:wii: Monster Mayhem: Build & Battle $9.99
:wii: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $9.99
:wii: Cursed Mountain $12.99
:wii: FIFA Soccer 09 All-Play $14.99
:wii: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra $14.99
:wii: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 $14.99
:wii: RE Archives: Resident Evil $17.99
:wii: Punch-Out!! $29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Screw all y'all! I thought I was getting out of this with just buying Brutal Legend, but after reading all the comments, I went back for Prototype. MY BACKLOG IS YOUR FAULT CAGS!!:whistle2:x:D

For the amount of people who bought the shitty Secret Service game (myself included), this should be a flag to developers that we'll go crazy for an actual GOOD secret service themed game.

I picked up a RB Classic Rock pack from GF a few months back and it came with an unused download code so you should get a code if you pick up the track packs from GF.

Note: The RB Country Track Pack is no longer in stock.

I bought Prototype at launch and LOVED the game. It's not for everyone, but it was a lot of fun mayhem. It shouldn't have launched at the same time as inFAMOUS.

Put some metal on, it goes well with it.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I bought Prototype at launch and LOVED the game. It's not for everyone, but it was a lot of fun mayhem. It shouldn't have launched at the same time as inFAMOUS.

Put some metal on, it goes well with it.[/QUOTE]

I think it was a perfect time to launch Prototype. InFAMOUS was a PS3 exclusive and Prototype was multie platform. Both are very similar in game type/style. Xbox360's answer to InFAMOUS. But, InFAMOUS

I liked inFamous and all, but it is pretty forgettable once you beat it. The ride through was pretty awesome though and I will still say it has the best gameplay (In how you actually control your character) of any game this gen.

Specking of which, how often does GF sale usually come around?

Well i got brutal & prototype , had secret service in my cart for $8.99 but some replies on this thread changed my mind. thanks for the heads up.

I bought prototype, couldn't resist the $10 price tag. Ever since I discovered CAG I've been spending way more money on games. Granted, I'm getting more bang for my buck. I just need to learn self control...

I bought prototype and overlord: dark legend. Then I had second thoughts about the latter and sent them an email asking if I could cancel just that one game. If they say "no" then I'll live, I'm still on the fence even now.

So i have to ask. What is the condition usually for disc from gamefly. Expect scratchs but itll play fine?

Im sure this is asked everytime so im sorry. lol

[quote name='Metalic']So i have to ask. What is the condition usually for disc from gamefly. Expect scratchs but itll play fine?

Im sure this is asked everytime so im sorry. lol[/QUOTE]

Tends to vary. I've received games in perfect condition. Others have had light scratches. Games are guaranteed to play though, so you're safe either way. Case and Manual are in NEW condition.

[quote name='ryushe']Dude....you really aren't making this any easier...I know I'd love it...but I have literally like 50+ games in my backlog...

*Mouse hovering over submit order button*
[/QUOTE]

Do it,
do it, do it.....

My backlog is just as awful, well much worse than 50 if you count in all systems across the generations, but I'm sure yours is as well ;)

I think it's a sickness. As soon as the 360 gets back from being repaired I think I'm going to try and beat like 1 short game a week as well as play others(sacred 2, resonance of fate, borderlands, all long).

Picked up Prototype, Brutal Legend, and Overload: Dark Legend. Gamefly is one of my favorite places to buy games from.

[quote name='Vortextk']
Do it,
do it, do it.....

My backlog is just as awful, well much worse than 50 if you count in all systems across the generations, but I'm sure yours is as well ;)

I think it's a sickness. As soon as the 360 gets back from being repaired I think I'm going to try and beat like 1 short game a week as well as play others(sacred 2, resonance of fate, borderlands, all long).[/QUOTE]*sigh*

I was never good with peer pressure...

I bite. Hell, for only $4.34 how could I complain?

...There goes my backlog...

[quote name='daminion']Tends to vary. I've received games in perfect condition. Others have had light scratches. Games are guaranteed to play though, so you're safe either way. Case and Manual are in NEW condition.[/QUOTE]

Just jumped on L4D2. First time buying from gamefly. Heres hoping its as scratch free as possible!

I've had nothing but great experiences buying from Gamefly. All the games I've bought have been in perfect condition.

Love Gamefly, I've bought a dozen or so games from them and only a couple looked less than perfect. Punch-Out!! for $30? No doubt son

[quote name='ethan1013']I've had nothing but great experiences buying from Gamefly. All the games I've bought have been in perfect condition.[/QUOTE]ditto.

[quote name='Metalic']Just jumped on L4D2. First time buying from gamefly. Heres hoping its as scratch free as possible![/QUOTE]

EA store just had it for same price after coupon unless you had some gamefly credit to burn.

I think I'll finally have to bite on Rock Band Beatles. I don't enjoy music games anything close to what I once did but I can't argue with 17.99. Never bought off Gamefly but it seems like their quite reputable. And to throw my worthless opinion in, I enjoyed Prototype a hell of a lot more than Infamous. Can't even say why. Just did.

Prototype shipped within less than 12 hours, hope it's in good condition. I've had bad luck with their rental service in the past.

considering buying beatles rock band for under $15 with my $5 in credit I have frm gamefly. I also find it quite odd most of you guys have had such great experiences with gamefly discs. If they're sending the games they're renting (which I don't know of any other games they can send), from my experience they have all been rediculously scratched, but not unplayable. This is the main reason I'm considering & haven't pulled the trigger, I know the shape these games come in.

[quote name='sublime90']awwww dump! i waited to long now they no longer have Brutal Legend for 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Check back every day or two they might restock, I missed out on Velvet Assassin last week and they restocked it 3 days later.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Check back every day or two they might restock, I missed out on Velvet Assassin last week and they restocked it 3 days later.[/QUOTE]

very good idea. im going to do that.

Shoot! I waited too long....missed the following:

Indiana Jones Wii
Overlord Wii

Cabelas Dangerous Hunts 2009 360
Secret Service 360

Got:

Wolverine Wii
MLB 2K9 Wii
Moto GP08 360
Tekken 6 360
Left 4 Dead 2 360
Spiderman Web of Shadows PSP
Marvel Ultimate Alliance PSP

I have been a long time Gamefly member and have noticed a difference in the condition of the games over the last year. Games used to come in with barely a scratch, now its hit or miss and shipping seems slower. Not sure if its due to the volume of games I buy but was never an issue before. What used to be 99% excellent condition is now about 60% excellent and 40% with scratches. Due to my massive backlog many haven't been tested but I have never had one(out of 100+) that didn't work. Hope my 2 cents helps.

left 4 dead 2 worth it for the 360? I dont have any friends that have it, and my previous experiences with Left 4 Dead 1 on the PC, you need to play with friends or else the game is crap.

all the games i got from gamefly have been top notch.. pristine cases/manuals.. i even had a xbox live trial card included

[quote name='kingtut313']all the games i got from gamefly have been top notch.. pristine cases/manuals.. i even had a xbox live trial card included[/QUOTE]

Gamefly is pretty good. Have ordered like 8 games from them and only 2 of them look like they were ever played. They were in good condition and they play just fine. The other 6 I would classify as like new.

I have Brutal Legend and Prototype on the way... hoping those are gonna be like new as well.

If a game you want is sold out, go ahead and set up a buy alert. The will send you an email the instant they get some in (I assume they list them up as people return them) Keep an eye on your email and you shouldn't have any problem scoring a copy.

Ordered Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood from these guys and it was a Brand New copy that they gutted before they mailed out. Wish they would have left it sealed. But thats genrally what kind of quality you'll get. Some games will look like they've never been played because sometimes that haven't

[quote name='MrEKO73']Ordered Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood from these guys and it was a Brand New copy that they gutted before they mailed out. Wish they would have left it sealed. But thats genrally what kind of quality you'll get. Some games will look like they've never been played because sometimes that haven't[/QUOTE]

No. They open the game for rental. Gamefly simply has a stellar record for selling great-quality discs and all copies come with the original boxes and manuals in mint condition, as they are never used.

[quote name='nnthomas']When are they gonna start selling diff games? :\[/QUOTE]
Check back every day. They usually add games every couple of days or so. I know they added ran OOS and re-added Assassin's Creed 2 like 3 times this past week.

its odd all these people saying the disc condition is so great..i bought call of juarez: bib last month for xbox and the game is in terrible condition, however, it does still play, i guess its luck of the draw.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']prototype back in stock
http://www.gamefly.com/store/game/xbox-360/Prototype/129980/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up - just snagged a copy. :) For anyone on the fence about Brutal Legend - it is a really good game, esp. at that price. I finished and resold my copy a while back and I'm almost tempted to buy it again.

Also - It looks like Overlord 2 for xBox is on sale for $12.99 now - still no PS3 copies in stock.

bread's done
Back