Gamefly Under $20 Blowout Sale!! Doom 3 $13/ MP3 $10/ DOA5 (360) $15 & More

GALATIANSv220

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Gamefly's March Under $20 Blowout Sale - Ends 4/1
**Gamefly's games are guaranteed to play and come complete with manual, case, and online passes.**

http://www.gamefly.com/buy-games/Browse/?cat=FreeShipping&sort=Bestselling&page=1

(Thanks to tylerh1701, htz, eXiON)

Some Highlights:

Doom 3 BFG $13
http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Doom-3-BFG-Edition/5004276/

Max Payne 3 $10
http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Max-Payne-3/136800/

Persona 4 Arena $15
http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Persona-4-Arena/5003556/

Dead or Alive 5 $15 (360)
http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Dead-or-Alive-5/5003615/

Transformers FOC $15
http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Transformers-Fall-of-Cybertron/5003784/

Ghost Recon: FS $10
http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Tom-Clancy's-Ghost-Recon-Future-Soldier/142345/

Halo CE Anniversary $15
http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Halo-Combat-Evolved-Anniversary/148050/

Resident Evil 6 $18
http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Resident-Evil-6/5003352/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks op, ordered Doom 3 BFG for 360.

[quote name='riotheart']Doesn't BFG have codes for 360 but on disc for PS3?[/QUOTE]
Doom 1 and 2 are on disc for 360.

Btw, DoA 5 uses online pass, so probably better to buy new unless you only want to play offline.

-Edit- My mistake, used games from GF do come with online codes. Thanks for the heads up DemonsMaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lilman']Thanks op, ordered Doom 3 BFG for 360.

Btw, DoA 5 uses online pass, so probably better to buy new unless you only want to play offline.[/QUOTE]

Negative the online pass will come with the game guaranteed if you buy from gamefly.

[quote name='Gamer_Boy14']Has Mass Effect 3 ever been lower during a previous sale?[/QUOTE]

It's been $9.99 before; I remember picking it up for that much last year.

I went ahead and picked up MW3 and Doom 3 (~$28 shipped, which is more than I should be spending, but I know they won't be getting cheaper any time soon). Is it odd that I love MW's single player campaigns? They're like flashy action flicks to me. Don't judge!

Passed on Persona 4 Arena and DoA 5, if only because I've found myself growing more and more dissatisfied with fighting games this gen. I bought SSFIV:AE during the Live sale and can barely stand to play it (this is coming from a guy who used to play games like SoulCalibur and Street Fighter Alpha 3 religiously when he was younger). I'd imagine I'd like Arena more if I'd played any of the games in the series first, too.

Sigh, I am still trying to beat the Guerrilla mode for GR:FS from the last GameFly sale. The Mrs. and I are doing spliscreen and it is as hard as hell (on normal difficulty). Only got through two maps so far.

[quote name='htz']Bought Transformers: Fall of Cybertron $14.99, missed out on it last time.
icon10.gif
[/QUOTE]

Me too. I almost downloade WFC on Xbox this morning. Glad I waited.

[quote name='Gamer_Boy14']Has Mass Effect 3 ever been lower during a previous sale?[/QUOTE]
It's been cheaper a couple places the last few months. I don't remember it being lower at GF though. MSRP in $19.99 new so it's not a great "deal" from that standpoint but this is one of my 2 or 3 favorite games this gen so well worth the buy if you have played 1 and 2 already. If you never played ME before I would suggest starting with the first one.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Negative the online pass will come with the game guaranteed if you buy from gamefly.[/QUOTE]
REALLY?? Awesome! Thank you for saying this do their games come with case their original cases too? I don't care one way or the other if they don't have their manuals.

[quote name='lilman']Thanks op, ordered Doom 3 BFG for 360.

Btw, DoA 5 uses online pass, so probably better to buy new unless you only want to play offline.[/QUOTE]gamefly has always provided unused passes and dlc codes with their used games.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']REALLY?? Awesome! Thank you for saying this do their games come with case their original cases too? I don't care one way or the other if they don't have their manuals.[/QUOTE]
yes

Well despite my backlog (like everyone else on CAG) I got Doom 3 BFG, GR:FS, and MP3.

And regarding P4A, I think this is the lowest it will be. I bought it new on sale for $20 and that's the lowest I've seen it before this sale (even used).

[quote name='MulderYuffie']REALLY?? Awesome! Thank you for saying this do their games come with case their original cases too? I don't care one way or the other if they don't have their manuals.[/QUOTE]

online pass
game manual
original case without any ugly gamestop stickers

and 95% of the times a brand new Disk

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Negative the online pass will come with the game guaranteed if you buy from gamefly.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised that there are people here that still don't know this.

[quote name='Zaku77']Resident Evil 6 is still too much. It would be a better deal if they paid you $18 to take the damn thing.[/QUOTE]

i was about to ask if under @20 is a good deal for RE6 lol, i guess i will hold myself till it hits under $10

[quote name='showtimefolks']online pass
game manual
original case without any ugly gamestop stickers

and 95% of the times a brand new Disk[/QUOTE]
Thanks guys unfortunately DoA5 is $25 on my end for PS3. hope they fix that. In for Twisted Metal , DOOM 3 BFG and Silent Hill Downpour though.

[quote name='showtimefolks']i was about to ask if under @20 is a good deal for RE6 lol, i guess i will hold myself till it hits under $10[/QUOTE]

It's a great game, but it's been cheaper countless of times already. So $18 is def not a good price, especially used. Most people dislike it because it's absolutely lost its horror vibe now, it's more an action game than anything. But to me, it's the best (control wise). I've never had as much fun playing Mercs as I have with RE6.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Thanks guys unfortunately DoA5 is $25 on my end for PS3. hope they fix that.[/QUOTE]
I'm waiting on that too. I have 360 and PS3, but if I ever get it on Vita then I want to be able to share dlc with PS3.

[quote name='showtimefolks']i was about to ask if under @20 is a good deal for RE6 lol, i guess i will hold myself till it hits under $10[/QUOTE]
RE6 is worth it people just mad it more action less horror. Jakes campaign was zzz leon was awesome and chris gun play. Bonus campaign rules! MP is fun to with friends. I bought day one i ignored the hate and tried for myself and enjoyed it.

[quote name='eXiON']It's a great game, but it's been cheaper countless of times already. So $18 is def not a good price, especially used. Most people dislike it because it's absolutely lost its horror vibe now, it's more an action game than anything. But to me, it's the best (control wise). I've never had as much fun playing Mercs as I have with RE6.[/QUOTE]

sounds about right. i will say RE6 is fun enough and has a 15-20 hour campaign. that said some parts of it are just flat out bad while others are pretty fun.

really though the RE story had no choice but to go to an action all things have gone to hell moment. you can only have the T-virus and every other virus thrown into the wild for so long before it stops being scary and turns into oh crap gotta run and blow up stuff.

for the 10-20 dollar range its pretty damn good. but keep in mind i am not someone that scares during horror movies much less video games. im not sure this game was ever worth more than 40 dollars but eh its not not the POS people claim it is.

OP, you might want to point out that several of those deals in the OP are :360:-only; I was disappoint to not see DOA5 on :ps3: for the same price. :cry:

Wow.... in 15 minutes 4 items were removed from my cart, now OOS. That's the first time that ever happened to me and I've been buying from these sales for over 2 years... WTF!

OOS now:
- Doom 3 BFG (ps3)
- Risen 2
- Transformers Fall of Cybertron (ps3)
- Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics

Just got RE6 and DOA 5.

a little off topic, but bought Lollipop Chainsaw a couple of days ago, what are the chances that gamefly would do an price adjustment?

[quote name='eXiON']It's a great game, but it's been cheaper countless of times already. So $18 is def not a good price, especially used. Most people dislike it because it's absolutely lost its horror vibe now, it's more an action game than anything. But to me, it's the best (control wise). I've never had as much fun playing Mercs as I have with RE6.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']RE6 is worth it people just mad it more action less horror. Jakes campaign was zzz leon was awesome and chris gun play. Bonus campaign rules! MP is fun to with friends. I bought day one i ignored the hate and tried for myself and enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

I am no fan of previous Resident Evil games, so I honestly don't care that it's lost the horror. The game is a mess and can't decide what it wants to be. It is the most disjointed game I have ever played. I think they got a room full of people together, wrote down every idea, and then stuck them all into the game somewhere. It has game play issues (controls/mechanics), level design issues, story issues, and pacing issues. If you are not critical of games you play and have a high tolerance for crap, please go play it. If you are a critical person, though, you will most certainly not be a happy camper whilst playing it.

$18 is an 'ok' price for it. The game has enough fun parts (always sandwiched between two crap parts, mind you) to be worth that. It also has co-op and competitive online. You're getting enough for your money. It's just such a broken experience that it isn't worth you time. I can spare $18; I can't really spare the 10-15 hours to play through a crap game.

Some great prices on big name titles. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to pass on most of them. I really wanted Halo CE since I really want to start my experience with the Halo series at the beginning. However, I know it will show up at that price again or better in the future. The price tag on DOA5 is tempting is well. In the end, I just got the Amazing Spider-Man (PS3) because my son has been asking for it. I'm interested in playing it too.

Nothing for me, almost bit on Doom but thankfully I passed. Too many games in my backlog... considering new consoles coming soon.

That was actually a decent summation of one of RE6's many issues. It's a salad. They tossed EVERY idea in there.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Damn, not many people picking up Anarchy Reigns. Making me start to have buyers remorse already haha[/QUOTE]

Get remorse early so you will be used to it when you actually play it.

Prices seems to be a bit too high still, $3 to $5 too high, and they may go down a bit more in the future. Use Prototype 2 at Gamefly is $13 right now with free shipping. I was able to pick a new copy up at Best Buy this week for $5 with free shipping.

Already picked up
Doom 3 BFG
Max Payne 3
Silent Hill: Downpour
Twisted Metal
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

just wish doA5 was $15 for PS3 thinking about getting Darksiders.

[quote name='Investor']Prices seems to be a bit too high still, $3 to $5 too high, and they may go down a bit more in the future. Use Prototype 2 at Gamefly is $13 right now with free shipping. I was able to pick a new copy up at Best Buy this week for $5 with free shipping.[/QUOTE]That deal didn't even last 24 hours before the price changed to $14.99, so in light of that, $12.99 isn't too bad.

[quote name='showtimefolks']how is kingdoms of amular?[/QUOTE]

Playing it right now, can't recommend it enough. I also highly recommend the Dead Kel dlc.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']A kick butt 40+ hour game with sweet combat.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I use daggers as my primary and a longsword as my secondary. They chain together nicely, and make the controls similar to God of War as the daggers as a primary use square for the attack button and the longsword being secondary uses triangle. Daggers for a light attack, Longsword for heavy. It just feels so right :D

thanks for the heads up. grabbed Max Payne 3. Ive already played thru it but had a $5 off code thing so at $5.43 out the door couldnt resist.

Ghost Recon:FS worth a look?

And for anyone that hasn't played Max Payne 3, get it. Amazing game at that price.

bread's done
Back