Gamefly Under $20 Blowout Sale!! Doom 3 $13/ MP3 $10/ DOA5 (360) $15 & More

GALATIANSv220

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Gamefly's March Under $20 Blowout Sale - Ends 4/1
**Gamefly's games are guaranteed to play and come complete with manual, case, and online passes.**

http://www.gamefly.com/buy-games/Browse/?cat=FreeShipping&sort=Bestselling&page=1

(Thanks to tylerh1701, htz, eXiON)

Some Highlights:

Doom 3 BFG $13
http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Doom-3-BFG-Edition/5004276/

Max Payne 3 $10
http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Max-Payne-3/136800/

Persona 4 Arena $15
http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Persona-4-Arena/5003556/

Dead or Alive 5 $15 (360)
http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Dead-or-Alive-5/5003615/

Transformers FOC $15
http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Transformers-Fall-of-Cybertron/5003784/

Ghost Recon: FS $10
http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Tom-Clancy's-Ghost-Recon-Future-Soldier/142345/

Halo CE Anniversary $15
http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Halo-Combat-Evolved-Anniversary/148050/

Resident Evil 6 $18
http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Resident-Evil-6/5003352/

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my copies of RE6 & Lollipop Chainsaw for 360 today....were in excellent condition and prefect like all the rest I bought from Gamefly:).

Totally got screwed by GF on this sale. I've ordered a LOT from them over the past 1-2 years for myself and for my friends who tend to miss out on the great games since they sell out so quickly. Lately I've been buying more to make sure my friends can have copies too. Placed my order and noticed it was under review. Chatted with a guy who said not to worry, that it was normal and will go through.

Then today I check and my entire order was cancelled! I chat with a guy who accuses me of being a reseller. I fire back why Im buying more than one copy and he says let me check with a manager. He comes back and says it was cancelled in error and to reorder the games that are still available. I ask to have a manager call me.

Manager is very nice. He sees the amount of business I give them and totally understands and agrees with why I buy multiple copies. He says strangely there are no notes as to why my order was cancelled. They cannot reorder everything for me as it is all sold out. WTF?

Best he could do was label my account as safe non-reseller and give me a $15 coupon. I'm so dissapointed with GF right now.

That's unbelievable of them. But atleast they were contrite, and that's a good thing. I would just chalk this one up as lesson learned buddy. Next time when there are a bunch of games you want, don't risk a cancellation by purchasing multiple copies. I've seen Gamefly cancelling others here who purchase 2 of each online-capable games to play with their brothers and friends, so take comfort that you weren't the only one.

[quote name='BiggNick']Totally got screwed by GF on this sale. I've ordered a LOT from them over the past 1-2 years for myself and for my friends who tend to miss out on the great games since they sell out so quickly. Lately I've been buying more to make sure my friends can have copies too. Placed my order and noticed it was under review. Chatted with a guy who said not to worry, that it was normal and will go through.

Then today I check and my entire order was cancelled! I chat with a guy who accuses me of being a reseller. I fire back why Im buying more than one copy and he says let me check with a manager. He comes back and says it was cancelled in error and to reorder the games that are still available. I ask to have a manager call me.

Manager is very nice. He sees the amount of business I give them and totally understands and agrees with why I buy multiple copies. He says strangely there are no notes as to why my order was cancelled. They cannot reorder everything for me as it is all sold out. WTF?

Best he could do was label my account as safe non-reseller and give me a $15 coupon. I'm so dissapointed with GF right now.[/QUOTE]

What business is it of theirs if they don't limit the copies in the first place? If they want to sell the games, why do they care who buys them?

On the other hand, it's kind of good to see a retailer giving a crap about resellers, and legit people not being able to get a deal.

Well they do limit it to 2 copies per system, sometimes 1...and im totally cool with that. Jhst the fact that they didnt contact me and ask or fix their, as they put it, unfortunate mistake. 15 bucks is cool but now mim out some good games. Im up to 172 ps3 games alone...I collect lol.

[quote name='BiggNick']Well they do limit it to 2 copies per system, sometimes 1...and im totally cool with that. Jhst the fact that they didnt contact me and ask or fix their, as they put it, unfortunate mistake. 15 bucks is cool but now mim out some good games. Im up to 172 ps3 games alone...I collect lol.[/QUOTE]

they just about never ship out anything to replace cancellations, but at least you won't run into this again?

[quote name='gotdott']they just about never ship out anything to replace cancellations, but at least you won't run into this again?[/QUOTE]

Until they do it again...

lol

[quote name='NoelVermillion']Yeah stuff.
Not true at all. Last time, i ordered NG3 and it didn't come with a working pass. I had to buy a pass off MS, which was a waste (no one was ever online). So i wouldn't say "always". There are rare cases that the online pass won't come with the game.[/QUOTE]

they advertise that the code ALWAYS comes with it.. so if you didn't get the code or it was used then contact them and they should fix it.

Got my RE6 and DOA5. Funny thing is a placed an order like 2 days earlier for a different game and I receive these first, oh well, I'm sure it will show up soon

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Got my RE6 and DOA5. Funny thing is a placed an order like 2 days earlier for a different game and I receive these first, oh well, I'm sure it will show up soon[/QUOTE]

buying two or more games ships them faster :)

Just received my transformers fall of cybertron. Some minor edge chips but everything is in very good condition.

Got Doom and DOA5. There is a little bit of what looks like black ink out the outter edge of the DOA5 disc but it doesn't look like anything that would be a problem.

[quote name='htz']Just received my transformers fall of cybertron. Some minor edge chips but everything is in very good condition.[/QUOTE]

Did someone just say chi.....

**gets shot**

[quote name='coopscohen']DOOM 3: BFG for the :ps3: also back in stock.[/QUOTE]

Wow! That went out faster than the speed of light, if true.

Still waiting for Persona 4 Arena (PS3) to go back in-stock, before the deal ends tomorrow. =/

Edit: Doom 3 (PS3) is back in-stock!

Did Doom 3 or Transformers come with any online codes or anything? My copies did not have any but I just wanted to make sure nothing is missing.

DAMNIT!!!! second time this has happened to me... started checking out with fall of cybertron 20 seconds after i put it in cart and it's no longer available... this is jacked up... got doom at least

[quote name='blucadet3']Did Doom 3 or Transformers come with any online codes or anything? My copies did not have any but I just wanted to make sure nothing is missing.[/QUOTE]

Nope, no online pass for Transformers or Doom 3.

[quote name='narec']tempted to get lollipop. please talk me out of it.[/QUOTE]

$14.99 is still ehh... it's still a little too much for this game, it's been cheaper a few times already from AWD & goHastings (around $10-$12).

If you don't have a backlog, you'll probably have some fun with the game. I enjoyed the game, but throughout most of the game I just felt disconnected. It felt like I was watching the equivalent of a B movie. Tons of corny parts, I guess it fits the game though.

It's a fun game don't get me wrong, but it was one of those games that once I beat it I didn't see any reason to go back and replay it.

With that said, the game does have replayability: tougher game mode, hidden items and extra costumes you can unlock, but it just didn't catch my interest enough to replay it again.

Some games are put up for buy for about 20 seconds every few days before they tease you into trying to buy it then snatch it away from your grasp. Cruel cruel world

[quote name='Chedeng88']How are you guys able to get DOA5? Only option is to rent it first then pay to own it.

How can I purchase it from the get go?[/QUOTE]

those people mentioning it ordered at the beginning of the sale and are just now getting it in the mail.

Only one of my orders has came in the mail. My Max Payne 3 and Resident Evil: ORC but my Doom 3 BFG and Twisted Metal says they shipped but no tracking number and the games I already got had one. Should I be worried? Also my silent Hill: Downpour has a shipping of "TBD" what is up with this?

Got my Transformers WFC that I ordered the first hour of the sale today. Man it takes awhile when you just buy one game. Disc looks brand new. Even had a slip cover.

[quote name='Lemstar']Orders of only one game don't get tracking numbers, at least in my experience.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I ordered them all at once and Doom 3 BFG and Twisted Metal are seen as separate shipments so that makes sense.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Only one of my orders has came in the mail. My Max Payne 3 and Resident Evil: ORC but my Doom 3 BFG and Twisted Metal says they shipped but no tracking number and the games I already got had one. Should I be worried? Also my silent Hill: Downpour has a shipping of "TBD" what is up with this?[/QUOTE]

When did you order Downpour? I placed my order for it on 3/26 and it was showing as shipping TBD all last week. I e-mailed them on Saturday and they said " For your protection, we do run all purchases thru a review cycle which typically takes less than one business day to complete." I finally got the shipping e-mail two hours after that response.

Odd thing is another order for MW3 and warfighter placed yesterday shipped today already.

bread's done
Back