Metro: Last Light $12.99
NASCAR the Game: Inside Line $12.99
Remember Me $12.99
Tomb Raider $12.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops II $14.99
Saints Row IV $14.99
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding slip covers, outer cover sleeve and such. I remember ordering The Amazing spiderman in the past. The first time they didn't send the cardboard box. I bought it the 2nd time the price dropped, strangly it came with the outer cover. It's either a hit or miss

Ordered The Bereu recently and that came with slip cover too.
I ordered a game before and it didn't come with a slipcover. I emailed customer service and they shipped me an entire new box with the slipcover on it.

It took 3 months?!?! They should've given you a full refund.

Pro-tip (though I don't buy from GF anymore): if you place an order that includes 2 or more games, they will send it via 2-day priority mail. In the past, I would just pick a random game that I knew I could trade back in for the same or slightly higher value just to get this faster and more reliable shipping option.
I actually completely forgot I ordered it. I ordered a bunch of games and all but MGR:R came in a Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate box and I did not realize it was missing so ~3 months later when it came it was kind of like a free surprise!

Awh wtf, Gears came back in stock for like 30 seconds, I added to cart and clicked to buy but it was out of stock already.

Has anyone played hit man: absolute? Worth my $8? Need to play the others first to understand the game or should be ok?
please do yourself a favor and buy this game you won't regret it. many just hate on it because its not like old school hitman games

just like many DMC fanboys can't get over the fact a new developers made Dante look different so they automatically just hate on the new game even thought its pretty good

please do yourself a favor and buy this game you won't regret it. many just hate on it because its not like old school hitman games

just like many DMC fanboys can't get over the fact a new developers made Dante look different so they automatically just hate on the new game even thought its pretty good
Yeah.. Hitman 2013 is a very good game. I played it on PC & really liked it. Its not your Normal hitman game. But still its a good game as a standalone title. For 7.99 you just cant go wrong.

Both the new Hitman game and DmC are nowhere near as deep as their predecessors. It'd be fine if they had their own charm, but they don't. Just shallow lookalikes.

A good example of a modern take on a classic series is Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Now that was a labor of love that was made with new and old fans in mind.

Both the new Hitman game and DmC are nowhere near as deep as their predecessors. It'd be fine if they had their own charm, but they don't. Just shallow lookalikes.

A good example of a modern take on a classic series is Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Now that was a labor of love that was made with new and old fans in mind.
Your oppinion totally disagree people rag on everything these days.

Oh ok, didn't know that

I've never been into the series before, but the price point made me start looking into it and it looked interesting but wasn't sure

I have a huge enough backlog as if is but I can't seem to stop adding to it. It got worse when I went on maternity leave I thought I was gonna have all this spare time but that didn't happen and hubby doesn't understand why I keep getting games (he's not into video games try as I do)

I'll probably get it next pay check then

I ordered Bioshock Infinite yesterday morning and today my order is still "under review", has this happened to anyone else?
I ordered Infinite and I didn't get a confirmation till a few hours later, and notified that it shipped till late next day

Ordered Injustice and Far Cry 3 last night and both shipped out today. It'll be good to have those back in the collection. :)

Yeah.. Hitman 2013 is a very good game. I played it on PC & really liked it. Its not your Normal hitman game. But still its a good game as a standalone title. For 7.99 you just cant go wrong.
If it weren't for those damn boss fights that were outsourced to a different developer, Deus Ex: Human Revolution would have gotten GotY, I'm sure of it.

I also pickedup Hitman: Absolution during its digital sale, if you can get it sub $20 I think yeah you have nothing to complain about.

I found it new at big lots for $6 so I picked it up

Not that I'll play it anytime soon with my backlog and all 😣

Debating on buying saints row 4 have the other 3 have yet to touch them. Kind of want to wait for 10 or 13 for but these sales are so tempting.

Debating on buying saints row 4 have the other 3 have yet to touch them. Kind of want to wait for 10 or 13 for but these sales are so tempting.
to be honest with you its more like an expansion pack, SR1 was good Sr2 was excellent but SR3-4 have been pretty bad compared to first 2 games in the series. They have taken this we just do everything over the top to a point where its not fun anymore

i couldn't finish Sr4 because it got so tedious and repetitive

I hate to be that guy, but no one answered my question. I want to get dragon's crown, i don't know if i should just hold out on a sale for new copies if the chipped discs are gonna be an issue.

I hate to be that guy, but no one answered my question. I want to get dragon's crown, i don't know if i should just hold out on a sale for new copies if the chipped discs are gonna be an issue.
It's totally random. From past GF threads, there are those who love GF and swear a 99.9% success rate with used game purchases. Then there are those who have repeatedly been shafted. I'm one of those. I've stopped buying from GF because of scratched and chipped discs. 360 games wouldn't even install. People say PS3 discs are more durable, but I've gotten chipped edges so bad that even Gamestop wouldn't let me trade them in.

Flip a coin and see what happens if this is your first purchase. I'd rather buy from Gamestop because I can at least see my disc before I walk out.

I bought games from GF for many years and all the discs are chipped. But none of them had any issues. I think you're safe to get it from GF unless you just don't like to look at a chipped disc.

I bought 3 PS3 games from gamefly in a earlier sale. Assassins creed 3 , Farcry 3 & injustice. all 3 games have Minor chipped edges. Disks looked very  good. few small scratches here & there.. nothing serious. But the case i got for assassins creed 3 was damaged for some reason. But that's ok.Anyway I ordered GOW ascension on this sale. lets see how it is when it got delivered.

Oh god my indecisiveness is reaching critical mass. I don't normally buy used games, if i do it's usually for PS3 cause i have honestly never seen a scratched disc ever. I want that niche atlus game, since i know their games don't dip below $15~$20 physical. I sort of want a copy of ACIII to round about my collection, since that is the price i got it for got rid of it after i beat it. Why do i want it? Freaking beat ACIV and it took the sour taste out of my mouth. Though it's not used i do need a copy of Street Fighter X Tekken and i guess the cheapest i will get it for is $15.

I haven't made a game purchase in quite some time, even though i have a few things i've yet to play. Then figuring out who i am gonna play these new games with.

It's...

THE DEALS

THE DEEEEEAAALLSSS

bill+bixby.jpg

Noticed that Deadly Premonition and Metal Gear Rising were back so I bit. I've been wanting to play Deadly Premonition for a while now (but not for $30).

If you're on the fence about Deadly Premonition, I say get it now. It's the cheapest out there right now. Because it is OOP so we don't know if GF will have it lower next deal or even have it next deal.

I will regret more if I couldn't get it any more for this price than have it lower next time. That's just me.

If you're on the fence about Deadly Premonition, I say get it now. It's the cheapest out there right now. Because it is OOP so we don't know if GF will have it lower next deal or even have it next deal.

I will regret more if I couldn't get it any more for this price than have it lower next time. That's just me.
Yeah I rented it (signed up for a free trial), if the disc is in good condition I'll keep it. Can't argue with $19.99 for it. :)

Snagged God of War: Ascension for my first Gamefly purchase a few weeks ago. No scratches but some minor chipping around the edges. The first couple times I tried to play the game it took a while to load, sometimes even going back to PS3 XMB without ever loading at all. But now it seems fine, I've put about 6 or 7 hours in so far and it loads and play fine.

So what's with all of these stories about chipping or chipped game discs? Does GameFly specifically do this to them or just is it from normal wear & tear (although I haven't seen any PS3 games so bad that it was chipped).

So what's with all of these stories about chipping or chipped game discs? Does GameFly specifically do this to them or just is it from normal wear & tear (although I haven't seen any PS3 games so bad that it was chipped).
I think it's from wear & tear, though I wouldn't call it "normal."

The thing I don't understand is where they get all these chipped/scratched discs. I have a GF subscription and all the games they send me are in great shape. Some are really old games and you can tell from the top surface that they've been handled quite a few times, but the bottom/data side and the edges of the discs are fine -- so do they just stockpile crappy discs until a sale? Idk. Lol.

I think it just happens as part of shipping in their mailers. The top edge of a rental envelope really provides little to no protection. If the cardboard insert is put in the envelope with the open end up toward the seal, then the disk can take some pretty decent edge damage. Oddly, the diagram on the envelopes looks like it wants you to put them in that way.

Spent an hour trying to get God of War: Ascension working before giving up and returning.  It would just try to load for few minutes and then back to XMB.  No scratches on the disc, but had 7-8 chips on the outside of the disc.   I reordered this afternoon, hopefully it will work this time.  I have ordered from them 10-11 times before and this is my only return.

Huzzah for GoW: Ascension being back in stock! Just got a copy.

Edit: I only ordered from Gamefly once before, Metro Last Light, and the game came complete (disc, manual, and ranger mode dlc code). Game disc is in very nice condition too, plays well.

I think it's from wear & tear, though I wouldn't call it "normal."

The thing I don't understand is where they get all these chipped/scratched discs. I have a GF subscription and all the games they send me are in great shape. Some are really old games and you can tell from the top surface that they've been handled quite a few times, but the bottom/data side and the edges of the discs are fine -- so do they just stockpile crappy discs until a sale? Idk. Lol.
Yeah, that's been my experience so far too. I've purchased roughly 25 games from them (kept rentals or flat out purchases) and have never had a bad disk yet. Plus, you always get whatever inserts/codes the game came with.

bread's done
Back