NASCAR the Game: Inside Line $12.99
Remember Me $12.99
Tomb Raider $12.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops II $14.99
Saints Row IV $14.99
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick ? about GOW:A.

Is the online pass still required for online mp? I remember Ubisoft disabled online passes during launch week for all games...but I'm not sure if Siny did also or only for thisbgen games.

:whistle2:/

I don't know the answer to your question but It'll come with the online pass so it doesn't matter either way. Unless you're wanting to keep a unused online pass around for some reason.

Got Deadly Premonition today (rental), has two very tiny chips but otherwise the disk has no scratches at. As long as the games plays with no skipping (and I like it), I'll keep it. :)

Deadly Premonition, Dragon's Crown, and GOW Ascension and few others on PS3 are back in stock. This is your last chance for this deal.

Quick ? about GOW:A.

Is the online pass still required for online mp? I remember Ubisoft disabled online passes during launch week for all games...but I'm not sure if Siny did also or only for thisbgen games.

:whistle2:/
Yes, you will need an online pass for the multiplayer in God of War: Ascension. My copy from Gamefly came with the pass and it worked just fine.

I totally had a memento moment, i discovered i actually did buy something from gamefly. Turns out it was Resident Evil: ORC for $10, i think the game was in good condition and no chips. 

Now why would i repress or forget something like that.

I totally had a memento moment, i discovered i actually did buy something from gamefly. Turns out it was Resident Evil: ORC for $10, i think the game was in good condition and no chips.

Now why would i repress or forget something like that.
Maybe because the game is so bad that you don't wanna remember you waste $10 on it? You even think the disc has no chips. :p

Well I've ordered 100s of games from Gamefly. Sure sometimes there may be a chip or two on the side but they never affect gameplay.

However I have my first game I take offense to the condition but I'm not sure how the return would go. I got God of War: Ascension and the center hub is cracked and it just barely reaches the data portion of the disc. It works when you put it in the system but who knows if it would work all the way through. To people that have returned games is that something they would take where technically it works, but the condition is as such it never should have been sold?

Popped in here to mention that Dragon's Crown is back in stock for $19.99. Finally got mine!

As mentioned above, tons of PS3 games back in stock.

Yeah, that's been my experience so far too. I've purchased roughly 25 games from them (kept rentals or flat out purchases) and have never had a bad disk yet. Plus, you always get whatever inserts/codes the game came with.
The chips are mostly cosmetic in nature. There are some that report that the chips affect gameplay or prevent loading altogether. IMHO, it's a real eyesore once you notice what they look like, though to most people who do not inspect carefully, they will never notice since the game works. I've bought my fair share of gamefly games in the past, only to notice that every single one of them had the edges chipped. For my OCD, gamefly games are the games which I do not intend to keep, but rather trade-in once I'm done with it.

I thought the chips were a side effect of the resurfacing machine they use to restore their discs.
If you have seen these chips, you would probably guess that it was not a result of shipping, but as a result of resurfacing before they are resold.

Well I've ordered 100s of games from Gamefly. Sure sometimes there may be a chip or two on the side but they never affect gameplay.

However I have my first game I take offense to the condition but I'm not sure how the return would go. I got God of War: Ascension and the center hub is cracked and it just barely reaches the data portion of the disc. It works when you put it in the system but who knows if it would work all the way through. To people that have returned games is that something they would take where technically it works, but the condition is as such it never should have been sold?
I'm sure they would take it back, especially if you've purchased tons of games from them. I returned my copy of Prototype for the exact same reason (crack in the center), I just emailed them and they emailed me back a shipping label.

So I have a dilemma, do I keep the copy of Deadly Premonition I rented, which has a couple of chips but plays fine or try my luck finding it elsewhere for the same price or less? Because I know if I ever go to sell it at a later point it will basically have no value since no collector will want it in that condition! :cry:

So I have a dilemma, do I keep the copy of Deadly Premonition I rented, which has a couple of chips but plays fine or try my luck finding it elsewhere for the same price or less? Because I know if I ever go to sell it at a later point it will basically have no value since no collector will want it in that condition! :cry:
I think you should keep it until you find a better price, better condition. Then sell the chipped one. Somebody will want to buy it just to play (maybe not at a high price) but still have some value because it is OOP. Then later you can sell the better copy to a collector. Meanwhile just enjoy the game. 'Cuz you never know if you can find a better one at better price. :)

I'm not sure I would have ever noticed the chips until I saw people talking about it on CAG. I'm sure some savvy buyers will thoroughly inspect the disc, but a lot of people are just going to look for major scratches and nothing else.

Posted Today, 02:57 PM

I for one collect games. I don't really care for those tiny chips from GF. I'm more concern with the scratches on the discs. Some games I open to play and some never get to it still sealed. I guess those will worth something. So right now you keep this one to play. If you do find one maybe sealed. You can sell it for much higher price.  And there are enough collectors out there that don't care about the chips.

Got my copy of Bioshock Infinite for PS3, case and manual were flawless, the game had 2 very minor chips and was scratch free. All in all I'm satisfied. :)

For those looking to get Dragon's Crown and who don't mind a digital copy, it is $17.49 right now on PSN for PS+ (24.99 for non-PS+).

Got my copies of Dragon's Crown and ACIII, the discs read layer is totally fine and pristine looking. The sides feel a little rough to the touch, no cracks but i can feel the chips and ACIII has a noticeable (when your meticulously inspecting) rough edge. No one has ever had issues with the disks effecting hardware?

I will check these a little later as i am playing (forcing myself) Modern Warfare 3's campaign. It's just my completion percent on psn profiles could be a little higher. Even if i never saw it, i had only one trophy in it and i couldn't live with it just like that.

Do i stop playing a series i don't really care for to play one i couldn't wait for a new price drop to sink my teeth and sensitive parts into? Will i let more imperfect blemishes be splashed all over my personal game encyclopedia? Am i going to have to enlist the help of new allies? Will i take a afternoon nap? Will hugh jackman ever stop being wolverine or being in movies?  Do i add more filler questions? Do i return the games?

Ah, excuse me...

tumblr_loocxk2o6l1qersozo1_500.gif

bread's done
Back