Gamefly Used Games Sale -

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Used Games 100% Guaranteed (No exchanges, only refunds). Comes with original codes, cases, and manuals. All of the items below :shipfree:
Offer good while supplies last.

2012/12/14 - No new deals tonight.

The following are not part of today's deals but do come with free shipping:
:360: Madden NFL 12 $9.99
:ps3: Madden NFL 12 $9.99
:360: Spider-Man: Edge of Time $12.99
:ps3: The Adventures of Tintin: The Game $12.99
:3ds: Spongebob Squigglepants 3D $14.99
:3ds: The Sims 3 $17.99
:ps3: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $17.99
:360: Warriors: Orochi 3 $19.99

Gamefly Deals twitter link: https://twitter.com/gameflydeals
Used games with free shipping link: http://www.gamefly.com/buy-games/Browse/?cat=FreeShipping&page=1&sort=Price

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']I don't work in the industry so I don't have an educated opinion. But I'm curious, why isn't buying new not supporting the developers?[/QUOTE]

The developer only gets money from the first sale of the product. Any re-sale does not benefit the developer. Just like when you buy a used car, the car maker does not get anything from the sale (only the seller).

Personally, I don't mind used stuff (including video games). It's probably a little silly (although admirable) to buy a new game (instead of used) based on the thought that you will help the developer. The only thing that will truly help game developers be profitable is the quality of game they produce and how they sell it. If they do that right, they'll figure out a way to make money.

[quote name='fujimitsu']I love that you can accuse someone of "rationalizing" their perfectly normal, legal behavior. "Support the developers don't buy used" is such a hilarious concept to me, especially on this board.

Thanks for the post OP. Picked up inversion. I'll play it once... worth $10 to me.[/QUOTE]

i buy used games too, i just don't try to convince myself or anybody else that buying used can help the developer when it doesn't

True that. If the developers made a good game, they will be making a ton of money. Now if the developers are rushing their products, or just plainly inepted, they won't sell any. There's nothing wrong with buying a used game. Most of us don't play them anyway. :lol:

[quote name='WNYX585AM']The developer only gets money from the first sale of the product. Any re-sale does not benefit the developer. Just like when you buy a used car, the car maker does not get anything from the sale (only the seller).

Personally, I don't mind used stuff (including video games). It's probably a little silly (although admirable) to buy a new game (instead of used) based on the thought that you will help the developer. The only thing that will truly help game developers be profitable is the quality of game they produce and how they sell it. If they do that right, they'll figure out a way to make money.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Barry Burton']i buy used games too, i just don't try to convince myself or anybody else that buying used can help the developer when it doesn't[/QUOTE]

In for Inversion for 360 & Sniper Elite V2 for PS3....really don't need with a huge backlog I got but didn't get Sniper on BF so can't let it pass by again so just got it and Inversion.....pretty happy!....only $24.59 for both:).

[quote name='Chesskid1']ordered my first game this week from gamefly, on monday.

think i'll get it this week? never used gamefly before. i don't mind waiting, but im just curious, haha.[/QUOTE]

If you ordered a single game it may take a while to get to you. Two or more gets to you faster.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yeah, the buying used thing means jack and shit in supporting unless you buy all the DLC (if there is any), but even then you're just paying a fraction of what the game would've cost them to make it new. Word of mouth means little on the internet.

Also achievements as a way of supporting the developers? Are you fucking stupid? If that was the case Avatar: The Burning Earth would be having so many sequels because everyone 100% that POS game. I'm sorry for sounding confrontational, but achievements as a way of supporting game developers in anyway is the dumbest thing I've ever read.[/QUOTE]

Don't be such a jerk and so narrow minded. If you read what I said, I lumped achievement lists in with word of mouth. I have gotten interested in games because I saw a friend of mine had that game because of its achievements in their trophy list or Xbox Achievements list. No one would be as stupid to think that earning achievements directly benefits the developer. I am simply saying that when you see other people playing a game, it might make you have more interest in that same game and want to buy it.

Look at it this way, you're taking a copy away from gamefly that can no longer be rented. Gamefly bought the game just as any other retailer has too, so it's the same as buying new in that sense.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Look at it this way, you're taking a copy away from gamefly that can no longer be rented. Gamefly bought the game just as any other retailer has too, so it's the same as buying new in that sense.[/QUOTE]

would you feel this way if you were the developer?

again i buy plenty of games used, but lets be real here

For those interested in dbz ut

It is a giant leap backwards from tenkaichi 3

the issue is its a been there done that with the story mode
the show's been gone forever so they can't just make up new characters
and the controls are pretty bleh

that being said ive bought it at 40 when it was taking forever to drop and then again at 25 and couldnt justify it but 13 might be the right price point

warriors orochi 3 while still in my massive koei backlog is for a fan of the genre/series worth every bit the retail price so 20 is a great deal HOWEVER unlike 2 this one has dropped steadily so you might be able to hold out for 15 if it's going in the backlog

[quote name='Barry Burton']would you feel this way if you were the developer?

again i buy plenty of games used, but lets be real here[/QUOTE]

Being real, I think everyone here is about saving money more than helping the developer. If we're going to help the developer, we need to be paying $60 as soon as the game comes out right? It certainly can't help them a whole lot to wait and pay $10 for it, new or not. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but aside from bonuses and such isn't the amount the developer is paid pretty much set at the beginning? I think this would make buying new help the publisher more than the developer.

[quote name='Barry Burton']i buy used games too, i just don't try to convince myself or anybody else that buying used can help the developer when it doesn't[/QUOTE]
You people are so lost. I suggest researching before you post such things.... It is so sad most people are doh and lazy these days.

I know all things A console is something that cooks my dinner! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Buying Inversion new over used isn't going to help a developer. It's like giving a kid who fails a test an "A" because you felt sorry for them. Sure the grade looks better, but it isn't going to encourage them to try any harder the next time. Why the hell are we having this argument anyway? It's not piracy, it perfectly legal in every sense of the word. I am a cheap ass and I'm not going to apologize or feel bad about it. If the price is the same, I'd buy new every time, but as it is, there is usually a huge discrepancy between the new price and the Gamefly used sale price. Thats why this thread exists. There's plenty of other threads for those looking to save the world from used games so find one instead of hanging out here so you can judge people who have a different point of view.
Now with that said, anyone know what time today's new sale goes live, assuming there is one?

[quote name='odd mr t']Buying Inversion new over used isn't going to help a developer. It's like giving a kid who fails a test an "A" because you felt sorry for them. Sure the grade looks better, but it isn't going to encourage them to try any harder the next time. Why the hell are we having this argument anyway? It's not piracy, it perfectly legal in every sense of the word. I am a cheap ass and I'm not going to apologize or feel bad about it. If the price is the same, I'd buy new every time, but as it is, there is usually a huge discrepancy between the new price and the Gamefly used sale price. Thats why this thread exists. There's plenty of other threads for those looking to save the world from used games so find one instead of hanging out here so you can judge people who have a different point of view.
Now with that said, anyone know what time today's new sale goes live, assuming there is one?[/QUOTE]
:applause: Should be in about 15 min or so.

Ok so
Madagascar 3 for XBOX $9.99
Men in Black:Alien Crisis for ps3/xbox $14.99
Birds of Steel for xbox $8.99
Gravity Rush for Vita $17.99

that sucks.

[quote name='odd mr t']Ok so
Madagascar 3 for XBOX $9.99
Men in Black:Alien Crisis for ps3/xbox $14.99

that sucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's all I've seen so far. Hopefully they're still rolling them in.
Edit: Birds of Steel 360 $8.99

By the way, Men in Black is NOT worth $15...it's really bad. really really bad. I played it for the platinum recently and, though it only took about 8 hours to do, I almost quit because it was so awful and un-fun.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Thanks for the tip. Had no clue a men in black game could be poorly done.[/QUOTE]

If you already knew then you didn't have to bother reading his advice.

Side note on Gravity Rush: It's $18, the same as a 3 month subscription to Playstation Plus, which includes Gravity Rush and 5 other Vita games.

[quote name='havuk']Looks like they raised the price on sniper to $17.99[/QUOTE]
You missed out on that by 15 minutes.

I have no interest in Plus. Gravity Rush worth it at $18 or does anyone have bets on $10-$15 within the next few months?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I have no interest in Plus. Gravity Rush worth it at $18 or does anyone have bets on $10-$15 within the next few months?[/QUOTE]

considering it's free on Playstation Plus, it'll drop. Just get Plus for $18 and you'll have endless amounts of other games free for the same price.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']You people are so lost. I suggest researching before you post such things.... It is so sad most people are doh and lazy these days.

I know all things A console is something that cooks my dinner! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

since you're "not lazy" i suggest you post your "extensive research" here, i loved to see a link where a developer says he's "happy" to know people are buying his game used

[quote name='Barry Burton']since you're "not lazy" i suggest you post your "extensive research" here, i loved to see a link where a developer says he's "happy" to know people are buying his game used[/QUOTE]

Actually, I have seen developers say this. Their reasoning was that it generates more interest in their products for some people who would not have considered it otherwise and helps sell DLC or future games in the series, etc. I believe it was Randy Pitchford of Gearbox, but I have heard others too. Whether or not it is genuine is anyone's guess.

Gravity Rush is a great game for $18 (even better, $13 if you have the coupon). The combat is frustrating, but the gravity mechanics are ambitious and worth checking out.

Gravity Rush is an awesome game, highly recommended. But I actually highly recommend you sign up for PS+ rather than buy the game from gamefly.

Also, the PS3 version of London Olympics is currently going for $43 used on Amazon. No idea why this game is retaining so much value.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Gravity Rush is an awesome game, highly recommended. But I actually highly recommend you sign up for PS+ rather than buy the game from gamefly.

Also, the PS3 version of London Olympics is currently going for $43 used on Amazon. No idea why this game is retaining so much value.[/QUOTE]

Is it good for flippers for London Olympics?

The deals tonight are so undesirable that no one has bothered to update the OP. Gravity Rush is a decent deal, but I get the impression so many people have Plus now that very few are interested.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']The deals tonight are so undesirable that no one has bothered to update the OP. Gravity Rush is a decent deal, but I get the impression so many people have Plus now that very few are interested.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I forgot the OP was a wiki. That being said, I'm still not gonna bother updating it...

[quote name='tylerh1701']Haha, I forgot the OP was a wiki. That being said, I'm still not gonna bother updating it...[/QUOTE]

I'd say Birds of Steel for $8 is a good deal if you're itching for a flight sim on console. Also Gravity Rush for $18 for a physical copy is good if you don't wait to have to upgrade proprietary memory cards for your vita.

Digging this up for the update soon. XD

Hoping for today:
Prototype 2 PS3
Dragons Dogman PS3
Spec Ops 360
Bleach PS3

[quote name='Tonious']Digging this up for the update soon. XD

Hoping for today:
Prototype 2 PS3
Dragons Dogman PS3
Spec Ops 360
Bleach PS3[/QUOTE]

I hope
Ninja gaiden 3 $9.99

[quote name='ckc4043']I hope
Ninja gaiden 3 $9.99[/QUOTE]

I would just like to see anything decent at $15 or under.

[quote name='Tonious']Digging this up for the update soon. XD

Hoping for today:
Prototype 2 PS3
Dragons Dogman PS3
Spec Ops 360
Bleach PS3[/QUOTE]

I don't think they will have DD twice in a week. Have they had Spec Ops before?

[quote name='mrclutch']I don't think they will have DD twice in a week. Have they had Spec Ops before?[/QUOTE]

They used to rerun some of the weeks sales on Thursdays and throughout the weekend, so it's possible.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Medal of Honor $8.99
Alan Wake $9.99
Pilotwings Resort $9.99
Madden 12 $9.99
Prototype 2 $14.99[/QUOTE]

Any games good to flip to amazon?

bread's done
Back