@Gamer July Coupons 7/7/13-8/31/13 $20 off Zombiu $30 off Pulse Headset

jonnysniper

CAGiversary!
Just got the @Gamer Magazine for July GTA V is on the cover something feels odd about the dates though. Post them anyways 

$20 off ZombiU

$20 off Tank! Tank! Tank!

$15 off Zumba Fitness Rush 360

$10 off CoD Modern Warfare 3 only for PS3

$10 off ANY pre-owned game $29.99 and up

$30 off PULSE ELITE Wireless Stereo Headset

$20 off PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset

$10 off Dualshock 3-CANDY PINK ONLY

ill post pic if needed but something about these coupons left a bad taste in my mouth  :lol:

The magazines are not complete worthless. I used some pages out of my last one to light my charcoal chimney for my grill the other day... Got it burning real quick.
My problem is I get the digital copy. So I try to light my e-mail screen on fire, and it just smells funny and starts to bubble. Then I pass out from the fumes and wake up in the hospital.

Not exactly the worst way to spend a weekend, but I don't know if I'll renew to go through the experience again.

hell yeah. ever since they converted my sub to digital I haven't even touched the coupons or magazine. Just wish there was an option to switch to a paper magazine. Even though Gamestop may suck on some ends but they got my business over best buy this time due to the choice of either having a physical mag or digital.
that's going to change in the near future

Can't tell you the last freaking time I actually used a coupon. This is one of the worst stretches ever. I do trade in there with some of their inflated prices, like COD BO II buying it from Blockbuster and flipping it at BB, so the 10% isn't a total waste..... At least that's how I make myself feel better about wasting $15 bucks on that dumba$$ magazine.

Wait. Is that a typo in the OP? Two coupons for the Pulse headset? One for $20 off and one for $30 off?

Nevermind. I didn't see one was for the Pulse headset and one was for the Pulse ELITE headset.:lol: What's the difference though, they're both overpriced.
I've owned both. The normal Pulse has ok spind but a crappy build. It's bulky, goofy looking, and creaks and squeaks a lot.

The Elites, on the other hand, are badass. Best gaming headset I've ever owned, hands down. It uses multiple noise isolating mics instead of a fugly boom mic. Good sound range for a gaming cans, decent enough that you can use them for music too. The pulse feature is a bit gimmicky and annoying on high settings, but it adds bass and is a nice add with hip hop, in some shooters, etc.

$120 is still a bit steep after the coupon, but if you're in the market and have RZ certs or credit from trades, that's a competitive price. If they go on sale and the coupon stacks ... Great buy.

So stupid to make the DS3 coupon only good for the 'candy pink' one. They are going to be $40 next week, but no way am I picking up a pink controller!
Nope, can't even get that deal. Next week it is $39.99 Dualshock 3 controllers, choose from Red, Urban Camo, Metallic Grey, or Gold. So the pink will probably still be 54.99 next week making the coupon still suck next week.

Random but do you guys think PS4 or X1 games will come out early. I have a B2G1 welcome coupon that ends in October. Wondering if on the last day of the coupon I could just buy 2 games full price and one free and just return them a month later unopened and exchange for some next Gen games instead.

Also know there is a limit to $40 value but is it possible to pay the difference?
First question I have no clue about, maybe post on the Best Buy forums to see if it's possible. I'm guessing you would need the coupon again when you do the exchange, an exchange exception would need to be made, or manager override.

It might be possible to pay the difference, it would require an override by a manager YMMV.

If the Pulse Elite headphones don't go on sale to match the price of basically every other retailer, this is seriously the most worthless coupon collection to date. If they want this thing to die, they're making all the right moves.

Think about it, who in the hell that would actually spend money on a Gamer's Club membership would have any interest in a Zumba game as the premier title for this month's sales? It's not even like Amazon, who just offloads the games en masse; this is a subscription that people actually pay for. Embarrassing! Fix your shit, BB!

Last edited by a moderator:
mine expired in june and i'm not renewing if this is what we are going to get i don't even remeber the last time i used a coupon

another crappy month. looks like i can wait another month to see if i should resubscribe or not. glad i let my subscription run out. to many games in my backlog to even think about pre-ordering for a $20 coupon

Just a heads up on those B2G1 coupons they are REUSABLE so long as the cashier doesn't take them . I managed to use it 3 times last year before they finally took it

wasn't it this time last year when they had the really good coupons for $5 ME2, Bulletstorm, and some others?  There really is no incentive for me to re-up.  When's the last time they ran a $10 off $19.99 used instead of $29.99?  

If they stop doing the $20 pre-order deal, I dont think ill renew, lol.
Even the $20 pre-order deal sorta sucks. The one game I'm going to pre-order, Tales of Xillia, doesn't apply. Haven't used a coupon since the beginning of the year. The last one I did use was just a regular Gamer's Club coupon off the website. Fail magazine is so full of fail.

Really tells you something when the Gamestop sub is more valuable than the Best Buy sub.

No, it was May 2012 when the had ME2, Bulletstorm, Batman AC, and Final Fantasy XIII-2. I don't even remember a $10 off $19.99, but I believe there was a $5 off $9.99 sometime around this time last year.
I'm pretty sure there was actually a $10 off $19.99 coupon. They just keep spamming this stupid $10 off $29.99 coupon every month. Sorta ridiculous, but whatever. Looks like most people won't be renewing anyways.

But guys you need to go to the BB forums and upvote the thread saying you dont want crappy coupons because how else will BB know the coupons suck!  Voting on threads at BB seems to me to be as useless as sharing a picture on Facebook for some sort of "cause".  I think the last coupon I used was for DBZ and I still haven't even opened that yet.

After my hassle with BB about my online account being banned (which I FINALLY got fixed), the decline in the $20 preorder promo, the lack of quality in the magazine and the lack of coupons that interest me I don't think I will renew my membership next year. 

I think CAG 3.0 was built on a foundation of salty salty tears.

It is difficult to navigate around this sea of entitlement. Surely site traffic has dwindled because so many people have drowned.

I think CAG 3.0 was built on a foundation of salty salty tears.

It is difficult to navigate around this sea of entitlement. Surely site traffic has dwindled because so many people have drowned.
Which coupons are you looking forward to using this month?

Which coupons are you looking forward to using this month?
Let me answer your question with another:

Is a GCU membership worthless because 1 or 2 magazines have coupons that you can't get use out of? Are the GCU magazine coupons the only benefit of being a GCU member?

Let me answer your question with another:

Is a GCU membership worthless because 1 or 2 magazines have coupons that you can't get use out of? Are the GCU magazine coupons the only benefit of being a GCU member?

To some people it is. Atleast for me personally there hasn't been a coupon that has interested me in quite a while. The coupons that have interested me I have been able to get the game for cheaper from GameFly or from Amazon Warehousedeals. The trade-in values have tanked and with the changes in post purchase price matching and aggressive sales after the launch of a game some people are holding off on purchasing new games to take advantage of the limited offerings of the $20 preorder promo. Also, Newegg has had some pretty aggressive offers lately on preorders which involve a lot less hoops then BB. Plus you have the whole issue of print media being an outdated source of news so that eliminates that benefit of the subscription and that isn't even taking into account the journalistic quality of the @Gamer magazine.

I'm not expecting every month to have a good coupon heck I'm not expecting every other month either.

To some people it is. Atleast for me personally there hasn't been a coupon that has interested me in quite a while. The coupons that have interested me I have been able to get the game for cheaper from GameFly or from Amazon Warehousedeals. The trade-in values have tanked and with the changes in post purchase price matching and aggressive sales after the launch of a game some people are holding off on purchasing new games to take advantage of the limited offerings of the $20 preorder promo. Also, Newegg has had some pretty aggressive offers lately on preorders which involve a lot less hoops then BB. Plus you have the whole issue of print media being an outdated source of news so that eliminates that benefit of the subscription and that isn't even taking into account the journalistic quality of the @Gamer magazine.

I'm not expecting every month to have a good coupon heck I'm not expecting every other month either.
Newegg has had agressive preorder promotions "Lately"? Like what... (and please don't mention the $10-$15 off coupons from six months ago) because everything I've seen is $3-$6 off.

Really... you can get used games cheaper from Gamefly or AWD then you can get new games from Best Buy using the @Gamer coupons? You don't say.....

And if TIV have tanked how much is GS or AZ or anywhere else for that matter giving for games like COD BO II or Injustice or TLOU?

No, but it is worthless because of 10-11 worthless magazines, a neutered PM policy which makes the $20 pre-order boonus a joke, and TiVs so low, the extra 10% and double RZ points are pointless. Pun intended.

So the $20 preorder bonus is a joke compared to?

If you still value GCU and its a good value to you thats great and im glad it is for you. Doesnt mean you should attack or look your nose down at others who don't think it is for them.

Jeez, I haven't seen a great deal out of @Gamer since the $10 Kingdoms of Amalur coupon, and that was roughly an entire year ago. And I thought about subscribing then... ha

If you still value GCU and its a good value to you thats great and im glad it is for you. Doesnt mean you should attack or look your nose down at others who don't think it is for them.
Are you new to the internet? This is the way almost everyone treats everyone online. It's almost as if your opinion isn't valid unless you denigrate someone or something.

For me, the $15 that I spent has gotten me $60 in reward certificates due to the pre-order incentives as well as Prototype 2 and Battlefield 3 for $10. Could it be better? Sure, but people seem to be expecting a free game every single month for a $15 investment. People need to understand that the companies that made the game are providing those coupon reimbursements to Best Buy and it's their fault that the coupons are not terrific, not Best Buy's.

I've gotta renew in August, and while I'm going to renew, will I be forced to go digital only from print?
As of now as long as you renew BEFORE your sub is going to lapse you should still get the print format of the magazine. At least that's the way I understood it when this question was answered on the BB forums.

My subscription ran out months ago and they have offered nothing since then to make me think it would be worth my money.  I believe the Amalur deal was the last one I actually used.  I'm sure some people still find value in the subscription and good for them, but for me the question of 'is it only about the coupons' is like asking if Playstation Plus is only about the free games.  Yes, there are other benefits, but nothing worthwhile enough for me to pay for.  

But guys you need to go to the BB forums and upvote the thread saying you dont want crappy coupons because how else will BB know the coupons suck! Voting on threads at BB seems to me to be as useless as sharing a picture on Facebook for some sort of "cause". I think the last coupon I used was for DBZ and I still haven't even opened that yet.
Yeah, pretty sure they know their coupons suck. It would be pretty easy for them to see the decline in use and in subscriptions. The question is, do they care? My guess is the good deals of last year proved to not be cost effective. I'm also going to guess that the magazine won't be around much longer, either.

Yet another month where we're 10 days in and I HAVEN'T EVEN RECEIVED THE DIGITAL MAGAZINE YET. Did it get lost in the mail?

RIDICULOUS.

Edit: Does anyone want to spare a Pulse Elite coupon? Of course I'd use my own, but, you know, I NEVER RECEIVED IT. AGAIN.

I renewed in march and just realized I never got anything since the first digital issue. I dont preorder new games or buy them at full price so this whole thing is a huge waste of money for me. Way to take something great and then run it directly into the ground best buy.

bread's done
Back