Gamer mom/dad thread

congrats dohdough!
Thanks!

I usually went for the nap. No game can compare to the awesome of a good nap.
So far, I've been burning the midnight oil and letting mom catch some zzzz's until about 3 or 4, then I sleep for maybe an hour for another feeding and a diaper and hit the sack again. Mom eventually wakes up and takes a shift to give me another 2-3 hours. Naps haven't been working out for me, so far. Maybe it will when I'm completely burnt out.

I also finally got pooped on today! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize if I haven't said it yet but "Congrats" dohdough. We CAG DADs gotta unite.

Your infant stories will be over faster than you know it. And then you"ll want them back...  

Savoir it... as smelly as they are.

I apologize if I haven't said it yet but "Congrats" dohdough. We CAG DADs gotta unite.

Your infant stories will be over faster than you know it. And then you"ll want them back...

Savoir it... as smelly as they are.
Thanks dude! :cheers:

I treasure every fart sent my way! :D

I just wish I could predict when she smiles so I can grab a quick pic or vid. The grandparents also keep saying that I shouldn't hold her so much, but I don't care. :rofl:

The grandparents also keep saying that I shouldn't hold her so much, but I don't care. :rofl:
Impossible. Build up that bond, helps out for both of you when you come across those "For the love of God why won't you sleep?!?" nights.

At least that's how my first one was, the second one fared much better.

Our daughter 3 yrs (4 in a couple weeks) has been potty trained since she was 2 1/2 years old. Since then we've had only a few accidents so we thought that hurdle was past. Until the last 2 weeks where she's been wetting her pants almost every day now. At first we just ruled it as her being lazy and not wanting to stop what she's doing. But after numerous talks swearing she will use the potty she does it again and again. After today's incident it got me thinking, I don't think this is a normal thing. Anyone else dealt with your kid reverting back to wetting their pants? And if so how did you deal with it.

I've come to think it's one of a few things:

- A health issue, maybe a weak bladder or urinary tract infection. I'm going to see her pediatrician this week just to make sure.

- A rebellious phase, wanting to push her limits and see what she can get away with. I'm leaning more towards this since she's been having more fits than usual and often not listening to us when we tell her to do things (turn of TV, brush teeth, nap, etc) It's odd because she's actually a really good girl but ever since we got back from our trip to Japan she's been unusually defiant.

- Stress. I doubt this one since home life is good, me and the wife don't argue. She get's out and plays with friends and is very active. She's not in school or daycare so that can't be it and we haven't changed our lifestyle like moving or having a new baby. Other than her coming back from Japan but that was over a month ago and have gotten back to our normal routine. Still I might be over looking something.

The only time my oldest daughter ever had reverting potty training issues was for a period of time she kept trying to test her limits and hold it in as long as possible (usually while she was playing).  She'd then know she really had to go but couldn't hold it in long enough to make it time.

Other times were our fault, putting her in pants that required more fine motor skills than she could handle (buttons and whatnot), that she just gave up in frustration and went anyways.

From your description the defiant cause seems the most likely, just another way they exert their control on their own world.  I guess this depends on her reaction when it does happen, because my daughter used to get really upset / frustrated at those instances.

My wife and I are still trying to potty tain our almost 3 year old. We were hoping to have him trained before the baby arrives in July but I don't think that's going to happen.

Can a gamer mommy join these discussions or am I not allowed in the fort? :)
Of course! I apologize for the title, I've tried editing but I wasn't able to change it.

Edit: I don't know why it didn't let me fix it before. Fixed! :)

From your description the defiant cause seems the most likely, just another way they exert their control on their own world. I guess this depends on her reaction when it does happen, because my daughter used to get really upset / frustrated at those instances.
She tries to hide it and lies (which I hate) She had a friend over yesterday for a few hours and they were playing good. We kept asking if she needs to go potty, each time "no". After her friend left she was watching TV while my wife prepared dinner. Then I smelled it, her skirt and underwear were soaked. We had a looooong talk. She finally admitted to us that she wet her pants while playing with her friend but didn't want to stop playing. So she had been sitting in wet underwear for at least 30 minutes.

She has a hard time ending or putting playtime on hold. So starting today we're starting up a new system. No TV, No Tablet, No Games until she can prove to us she can listen. At least today she took a nap with no fuss.

I'm probably painting her as a a bad kid but it's quite the opposite. I don't ever have to worry about her playing with other kids. She's extremely sociable, no problems with sharing or playing. She's very artistic and loves to draw, paint and do crafts. She'd much rather be outside playing then watch TV. She loves helping us clean and cooking. And she's so smart and has an amazing memory, her Japanese is even getting better than mine. So that's why I find her current behavior so odd and want to correct it ASAP.

And gamer moms are very welcome. Share

My little one is almost 5 months, so I have no experience w/ the potty issue, but my niece did do the same thing. My cousin ended up doing a reward system for her (ie. stay clean and dry for x days and get y reward). It ended up solving the problem after a couple of months :0

She tries to hide it and lies (which I hate) She had a friend over yesterday for a few hours and they were playing good. We kept asking if she needs to go potty, each time "no". After her friend left she was watching TV while my wife prepared dinner. Then I smelled it, her skirt and underwear were soaked. We had a looooong talk. She finally admitted to us that she wet her pants while playing with her friend but didn't want to stop playing. So she had been sitting in wet underwear for at least 30 minutes.

She has a hard time ending or putting playtime on hold. So starting today we're starting up a new system. No TV, No Tablet, No Games until she can prove to us she can listen. At least today she took a nap with no fuss.

I'm probably painting her as a a bad kid but it's quite the opposite. I don't ever have to worry about her playing with other kids. She's extremely sociable, no problems with sharing or playing. She's very artistic and loves to draw, paint and do crafts. She'd much rather be outside playing then watch TV. She loves helping us clean and cooking. And she's so smart and has an amazing memory, her Japanese is even getting better than mine. So that's why I find her current behavior so odd and want to correct it ASAP.

And gamer moms are very welcome. Share
My nephew did the same. If he was preoccupied with something, he wouldn't want to stop doing it to go potty no matter how often it was asked. I haven't gotten to that point yet with my boy (he'll be two in August), and I'm not looking forward to it.

Also, you are not painting your kid as bad. Just a kid O:)

gamer mom in the boys club eh

bean.jpg

My little one is 10 months now.  She's a fiesty little descructoid.  Her favorite thing to do now is open my wife's sock drawer and empty the contents onto the floor. 

Mr. Bean!

Mine has been trying to become mobile for like the past two months, I know we are done for once she does. And I fear for the dog, he is obsessed with her and since he is only like 3 pounds I think once she is mobile the dog will be flung everywhere by her >>;;;; she already has kicked him and socked him in the face (not on purpose, at least I don't think) and she finds it hilarious wen the dog tries to play with her. He has this little Kia soul hamster that he'll toss in the air to try and play with her, he doesn't seem to understand she can't play yet

Also, in answer to your pic, I've always gotten along better with guys than girls, before I got married pretty much 90% of my friends were guys, but once I became serious with my husband they all started to disappear :/ now I pretty much have no friends :( (just a select few)

Equistina infiltrating the dad's club? Ruh roh Raggy.

j/k .. starting to see you everywhere I post, it seems. Not a bad thing by any means.

As for your 5 month old.. yes, once she becomes mobile she'll take to a few things fairly quick. Baby-proof everything ASAP! (if you haven't already) Luckily my son wasn't one to get into too much trouble when that began (around 9 months). We have a small dog that tried to play with him as well, and it worked out great until he reached the terrible twos. Now (at 3, almost 4) he's more of a bully to them than anything. Hiding their toys, throwing them (the toys) down the stairs, etc. Poor doggy.

Potty training in general isn't as bad as I thought it would be. #1 was simple as could be. #2 on the other hand... reward system didn't mean diddly-poo whatsoever after the first few prizes. Just be persistent and don't make them go, but stay on them enough that you clue in on when they have to go. They all tend to give some sort of sign, one way or another. Deciphering that code is key. ;)

Ya, I post on here mainly at night so I don't fall asleep during her feedings. Otherwise I'd probably be knocked out right now

I've only done those plug things, still have to get wall anchors for furniture and stuff for the drawers, which I don't think I'll find any that work for our drawers :/

Also, in answer to your pic, I've always gotten along better with guys than girls, before I got married pretty much 90% of my friends were guys, but once I became serious with my husband they all started to disappear :/ now I pretty much have no friends :( (just a select few)
I find that having kids before your friends do is another way you'll slowly see your single unattached companions disappear too. It's not so bad at first when the kids are smaller, cuter, and can nap often, but once mine hit the 2y+ range I saw the decline. I didn't take it personal, I don't think most people want to hang out with toddlers (and I'm too cheap to get sitters, so there's that too).

I find that having kids before your friends do is another way you'll slowly see your single unattached companions disappear too. It's not so bad at first when the kids are smaller, cuter, and can nap often, but once mine hit the 2y+ range I saw the decline. I didn't take it personal, I don't think most people want to hang out with toddlers (and I'm too cheap to get sitters, so there's that too).
Ya, I've figured it will happen. I've noticed some of my husbands friends don't call like they used to to hang out with him since the baby was born. He's wanted a baby for a long time though and is over the moon so I know he could care less, just like how I feel right now. I'm sure down the line when some of them have kids they'll be back in touch.

I also lost friends I think because I've always been in a different mind set then people my age. Got married pretty much when I turned 20, and wanted to start a family pretty early. Most people I know from my high school are still in their party hardy, club, drink, act like an idiot days. I never had a desire to do that, probably why I was always attracted to older guys. I guess i'm a little old lady at 25 already :lol:

Sign me up for the parents club. My Daughter just turned 4 almost 3 weeks ago, and the wife is 16.5 weeks pregnant for round 2.

omg...sorry but I am so glad I'm well past those stages but the reality is, there will always be something to deal with. 

Ya, I don't mind that at all to be honest. Most people I hung out with were for the simple sake of I'd feel bad if I stopped showing up to things. It's kinda nice just spending time with my family instead of most of them.

Yeah, most fairweather friends tend to fall off the map after awhile. Your real friends will stick around regardless of the situation. I don't fret about stuff like that though, it's whatever.

My 3 year old just had his second game of organized tee ball yesterday. I already feel so damn old.

Yeah, most fairweather friends tend to fall off the map after awhile. Your real friends will stick around regardless of the situation. I don't fret about stuff like that though, it's whatever.
Pretty much this. It's easy to tell who your real friends are.

Ya, I post on here mainly at night so I don't fall asleep during her feedings. Otherwise I'd probably be knocked out right now

I've only done those plug things, still have to get wall anchors for furniture and stuff for the drawers, which I don't think I'll find any that work for our drawers :/
We never got around to getting locks for the drawers. It's definitely hard sometimes, but the best is to keep a constant eye on them. Even with the locks and anchors, there's plenty of other things for them to get into trouble with.

Sign me up for the parents club. My Daughter just turned 4 almost 3 weeks ago, and the wife is 16.5 weeks pregnant for round 2.
Congrats!

My 3 year old just had his second game of organized tee ball yesterday. I already feel so damn old.
I've learned a long time ago that family is most important while friends will come and go. All those best friends from high school and college anymore are now just a collection of FB wall space :)

We never got around to getting locks for the drawers. It's definitely hard sometimes, but the best is to keep a constant eye on them. Even with the locks and anchors, there's plenty of other things for them to get into trouble with.

I've learned a long time ago that family is most important while friends will come and go. All those best friends from high school and college anymore are now just a collection of FB wall space :)
Both of these statements are very true.

My fiance argues with me that I'm "too strict" & "too protective", but the more major accidents tend to happen on her watch. I'd rather prevent than deal with something serious. Maybe that's just me, though...

This is for me aswell. Family will always be around. I keep in touch with only 2 friends from college and 0 friends from high school, but that's mainly due to moving out from my rinky dink hometown to the big city.

But to be honest I've made more friends since we had our daughter. Of course they're all parents too.

We have our dog crate under a desk in the living, So I come from work one day and wife tells me "you gotta watch your son. He started pulling out the started, climbing on top of it then up to desk". So me I'm like " sure ok". Well of course few hours later, I'm in living room with and he quietly pulls out crate and proceeds to climb his way up the crate then up to the desk. I could not believe it. What a pain the ass. Of course, I'm not mad. He is just to cute to be mad plus him doing that at 18 months is pretty damn good

So I just learned I have to go to a birthday party on father's day for one of my daughters friends. Who schedules a birthday party on fathers day? I get 2 days a year that are mine and I don't want to spend it with a bunch of 3-4 year old girls singing "Let it Go" a billion times.

Anyways happy father's day to all you CAG Dads. I'm just bitter.

Happy father's day guys. This thread makes me feel old with all these newborn conversations. My kids are 11, 12, and 13. I can't even remember anymore dealing with some of the things listed in this thread

Being able to spend Father's Day with the kid and rest of the fam is what makes it great...makes every Father's Day the BEST Father's Day!

late on the fathers day wishes but hope you all had a good one!

I had my daughter for the day by myself.  It was my wife's weekend on so it was daddy daycare =)  I'm used to it though at this point, her schedule is sweet though (3 12's and the hospital comps whatever she needs to get to 40, usually 2-2.5 hours).  I did have four giant poops to change.  Is anyone else creeped out when entire peas come out?  Gets me everytime still lol

Happy belated Father's Day.  The wife helped my 4 year old son pick out a nostalgic Batman card: Batman is handing around the man cave watching "Super Friends!"  Brings back memories of me activating my "wonder twin powers" when I was a kid.

late on the fathers day wishes but hope you all had a good one!

I had my daughter for the day by myself. It was my wife's weekend on so it was daddy daycare =) I'm used to it though at this point, her schedule is sweet though (3 12's and the hospital comps whatever she needs to get to 40, usually 2-2.5 hours). I did have four giant poops to change. Is anyone else creeped out when entire peas come out? Gets me everytime still lol
I definitely don't miss those. But yeah, peas and corn wont digest unless you make a puree.

So I'm buying christmas presents already for the fambam (trying to use only gift cards I win to dwindle the cost down, so far it's working well :) ), but i'm not sure what to buy my baby for Christmas.

She'll be a year old in January so I know she'll be able to do more by this Christmas, but I'm not sure what one buys a 1 year old?

She doesn't need any more stuffed animals. I was going to buy her one of those cozy coupes, but I at least want a couple of more gifts for her to open (besides clothes, because honestly what kid likes opening clothes?) Any ideas? I was thinking those toddler legos (duplos?), but I think she'll still be to young. 

So I'm buying christmas presents already for the fambam (trying to use only gift cards I win to dwindle the cost down, so far it's working well :) ), but i'm not sure what to buy my baby for Christmas.

She'll be a year old in January so I know she'll be able to do more by this Christmas, but I'm not sure what one buys a 1 year old?

She doesn't need any more stuffed animals. I was going to buy her one of those cozy coupes, but I at least want a couple of more gifts for her to open (besides clothes, because honestly what kid likes opening clothes?) Any ideas? I was thinking those toddler legos (duplos?), but I think she'll still be to young.
Have you tried the Fisher Price Little People yet? Something possibly worth getting.

My daughter's first day of school today (pre-K). She only goes for half a day but the state pays for it. After we dropped her off it was a heavy feeling. Not sad but it felt odd. She's always been with us, no daycare, no nanny, just the wife and myself.

She was great , no separation anxiety, she jumped right in class. After we picked her up she was in a good mood, wants to come back tomorrow. Just a minor problem with kids being too competitive. Nothing major, it is the first day and everyone wants to 1up each other. Overall a good first step.

But now I have a few hours to myself in the morning. I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't. So I made coffee and started playing video games in the MORNING!!!! It felt nice. Something I've barely been able to do in over fours years. Plus my wife and I had a nice casual talk without being interrupted every minute with a "Mommy....?" or "Daddy....?"

Yeah my oldest daughter started Kindergarten this year, she did very well with the separation, but already got complaints from the teacher that she doesn't make eye contact during the lesson.  It doesn't help that they are going over colors, numbers and letter recognition the first two weeks, something she has known for some time.  After talking to her about it though she pays attention much better now.

I do find myself getting up earlier now too, but unfortunately I only have lag time of about 20 minutes now after getting her ready for school (and myself for work), not much I can do in that time frame.

Also on an unrelated note we just found out our third (and final we both thankfully agree on) is going to be a boy due in December.  I was tired of being the only one in the house with a Y chromosome (well not really, I could of taken another girl at this point  :D ).

Yeah my oldest daughter started Kindergarten this year, she did very well with the separation, but already got complaints from the teacher that she doesn't make eye contact during the lesson. It doesn't help that they are going over colors, numbers and letter recognition the first two weeks, something she has known for some time. After talking to her about it though she pays attention much better now.

I do find myself getting up earlier now too, but unfortunately I only have lag time of about 20 minutes now after getting her ready for school (and myself for work), not much I can do in that time frame.

Also on an unrelated note we just found out our third (and final we both thankfully agree on) is going to be a boy due in December. I was tired of being the only one in the house with a Y chromosome (well not really, I could of taken another girl at this point :D ).
Congrats!

My son was born last Monday, so now we have 2 boys in the house. I can't wait till he grows up a bit more so he can play with his older brother.

Congrats!

My son was born last Monday, so now we have 2 boys in the house. I can't wait till he grows up a bit more so he can play with his older brother.
Congrats to you as well, the first 3-4 weeks are always the foggiest. Unless you can reach that zen-like state of accepting your complete fatigue and not feel that bad, that happened with my second.

Congrats!

Congrats, dude!

Congrats to you as well, the first 3-4 weeks are always the foggiest. Unless you can reach that zen-like state of accepting your complete fatigue and not feel that bad, that happened with my second.
I was the Zen Master. :D

This isn't an issue in my household at all but I wanted to ask other parents, have you dealt with bullying? And if so what did you do?

bread's done
Back