GameRush Thread #8 No Current Deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

There are no sales at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reported Trade-In Prices

All recent trade-in prices will be listed here along with the date they were reported. Trade-in prices are usually universal at both Blockbuster and Gamerush, but there are some that differ per region. Trade-in prices generally change on Tuesdays.

:ds:

$10
Polarium 1/8/06
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory 1/15/06

$4.50
Sprung 1/8/06

:gba:

$10
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn Of The Souls 1/23/06

$2
Cartoon Network Block Party 1/15/06

:gc:

$30
Mario Strikers 1/5/06

$27
Fight Night Round 2 1/5/06

$24
Geist 1/25/06

$1.25
Metroid Prime 1/9/06

:ps2:

$30
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 Collector's Edition 1/21/06

$28
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 1/23/06

$27
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (differs by region)1/16/06
Dynasty Warriors 5 1/7/06
God Of War 1/25/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms X 1/12/06 (Possibly dropped to $10)

$24
Disgaea 1/19/06
Echo Night 1/25/06
Kuon 1/25/06

$22
Killzone (differs by region) 1/8/06

$21
Psychonauts 1/22/06 (Down from $24)

$19
Ghost In The Shell 1/25/06
Haunting Ground 1/11/06
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact 1/16/06
Nightmare Of Druaga 1/16/06
Samurai Western 1/22/06
Winning Eleven 8 12/31/05
World Tour Soccer 2006 1/19/06

$13.50
Metal Slug 4 & 5 1/5/06
NASCAR 2005: Chase For The Cup 1/19/06

$12
Killer 7 1/9/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms IX 1/9/06

$10
Alien Homind 1/23/06
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (differs by region) 1/1/06
Killzone (differs by region) 1/9/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms X 1/16/06 (Possibly dropped from $27)

$7
Killzone (differs by region) 1/11/06
Madden 2005 1/19/06
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 1/19/06
The Sims: Bustin' Out 1/19/06
SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom 1/19/06

$6
Burnout 2 1/19/06
Powerdrome 1/16/06

$5.50
Dead Or Alive 2: Hardcore 1/21/06

$5
Siren 1/24/06

$4.25
Fallout: Brotherhood Of Steel 1/25/06

$1.50
Duel Masters 1/2/06

:psp:

:xbox:

$28
Need For Speed: Most Wanted

$27
Flatout 1/16/06
Half-Life 2 1/3/06

$24
GunGriffon: Allied Strike 1/24/06

$19
Burnout Revenge 1/2/06
Galleon 1/20/06
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 1/19/06
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact: Maniax 1/12/06
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory 1/5/06

$16
Winning Eleven 8 1/9/06
Wrestlemania 21 1/20/06

$15
King Kong, Peter Jackson's 1/9/06

$12
FIFA Street 1/23/06
PowerDrome Racing 1/12/06

$10
X-Men Legends II: Rise Of Apocalypse 1/2/06

$9.50
Monster Garage 1/19/06
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II 1/19/06

$7
American Chopper 1/19/06
Kung Fu Chaos 1/15/06
Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within 1/9/06
Silent Hill 4 1/9/06
Sonic Mega Collection Plus 1/19/06
Spider-Man 2 1/19/06
X-Men Legends 1/9/06

$6
Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time 1/9/06
Project Gotham Racing 2 1/9/06

$4.25
Red Dead Revolver 1/19/06

:360:

$35
Amped 3 1/21/06
Call Of Duty 2 1/24/06

$28.50
Kameo 1/7/06
Perfect Dark Zero 1/24/06

$28
Madden 06 1/21/06
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 1/23/06

$9
Headset 1/8/06

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Gamerush Threads: 2 3 4 5 6 7

[quote name='Calico']I'm a bit confused, I remember reading that we can't get 360 games for $29.99 when trading in games. I saw this on their site today. Is that changing?

http://www.gamerush.com/platform.php?pltfrm=360[/QUOTE]
No one has verified that that deal is even active (and there's no additional details on the site), so at this point we don't even know if it works for GC/PS2/XB, let alone 360.

WOW

Screen captured hopefully can use it in store to score some 360 games for $30 even if it's a typo on the site!

If this is real then it will be VERY YMWV since new 360 titles are slim pickings at most stores.

[quote name='$hady']WOW

Screen captured hopefully can use it in store to score some 360 games for $30 even if it's a typo on the site!

If this is real then it will be VERY YMWV since new 360 titles are slim pickings at most stores.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's just the 2 titles lists for each system...

[quote name='soulwish2003']Pretty sure it's just the 2 titles lists for each system...[/QUOTE]
Nope, they just show examples. It's the same ad they had for the preorder deal, other than this being for new titles.

i.e. on the GameCube screen they show Mario Baseball and SSBM. SSBM is already 29.99. And almost all GBA games and DS games are 29.99, the same ads are on those pages.

Yea what he said it's the old ad for the $29.99 deal but with new games. Even if it turned out to be just those 2 games it's still a pretty damn good deal considering most everyone wants Oblivion and $30 would be a nice price point for most people to jump in on Madden.

Interesting how that picture does show 360 games, i wonder if thats new or really old like the website that still says the Trade 2 get any Preorder for $29.99 is still going on. Its kinda wierd that some of the games shown are already $29.99. Maybe you get BOTH games for $29.99 total when you trade in 2 games? Ill have to ask when i go later tonight.

I called my local GR today, they confirmed that Kuon & Echo Night are still $24, and Galleon (XBX) is $19 (Gamestop has it for $8.99)

Well I am kind of upset now because I basically have just cleaned out all of the used copies of Kuon and Echo Night Beyond at the three closest Gamestops to me with no more coming in site.

For those that don't have any used copies check to find out if they have new ones because Echo Night Beyond new at Gamestop is only $14.99 so you will take a five buck hit for doing so.

[quote name='Bezerker']I sure as hell hope thats the price for that location only.[/QUOTE]I took ENB to another location today and got a better price:

$24 Echo Night Beyond
$19 Ghost in the Shell

1/20/06 AM

[quote name='Calico']I'm a bit confused, I remember reading that we can't get 360 games for $29.99 when trading in games. I saw this on their site today. Is that changing?

http://www.gamerush.com/platform.php?pltfrm=360[/QUOTE]

This deal has been on their site for months.....I don't think any stores are honoring it (yet at least). A store can also REFUSE to honor the online deal, since most BB's are individually owned and have their own set of rules.

I got $19 for Xbox Galleon today. Also, the 25% off used games is over at my GR in Hghland Ca. It was still good yesterday so I shouldn't have waited on that BHD I wanted.

[quote name='eraser813']I got $19 for Xbox Galleon today. Also, the 25% off used games is over at my GR in Hghland Ca. It was still good yesterday so I shouldn't have waited on that BHD I wanted.[/QUOTE]Have your people check again. There was a memo passed out around the BBs here in Dallas that the deal is good until 1/23. So make sure they try scanning the coupon code.

[quote name='banpeikun']Have your people check again. There was a memo passed out around the BBs here in Dallas that the deal is good until 1/23. So make sure they try scanning the coupon code.[/QUOTE]

The 25% off worked for me today. That was about ALL that worked. I tried to switch my NDS Age of Empires preorder to Grandia III and was told that I'd have to pay $10 extra (even though I preordered AoE using the trade 2 $29.99 preorder deal). Since, according to them, the $29.99 preorder deal is never coming back I can't switch unless the value of the switched game is the same (or I have to pay the difference). So I switched one of the 2 Tales of Legendia's I had preordered (glad I got a second back when I couldn't think of anything else!). I wanted to switch another game to Odama but I didn't have any other extra $50 preorders, only $40 ones I don't want any more.

So, anyway, I put the preorder for AoE back in, and they told me if it doesn't come in, like Viewtiful Joe and PopoloCrois, that I can switch it to a $50 preorder, and they will credit me the difference. Here's to hoping GR never gets AoE in, but I'm sure they will get 50 copies now :D.

So, they were willing to give me $40 back from AoE (and not reduce it to $30), but not bump it up to $50 so I could get the Grandia preorder. This seems a little inconsistent to me - I paid the same for $35-$50 preorders during the preorder deal anyway. Halfway through this I realized, wait a minute, why can't I preorder Grandia for $39.99 as that is the price for all new games now? I was informed there is no barcode for that deal and the prices come up automatically. I know some of you were able to preorder games recently for $40. Did it happen automatically or did they have to credit you the difference? I was told you can't use that deal on preorders. And according to them it is going away next week (though maybe it has already ended and that's why it didn't work?). Then I tried to buy a new copy of Eye Toy Play 2, and it rang up the full $49.99, no discount applied ("because it is an accessory"), so I passed.

And to top it all off, the copy of Phoenix Wright that was there last week was gone, and my wife had refused to go pick it up for me when I was out of town...

Not the happiest game buying day, oh well...

Oh, I also wanted to point out that while all this was going on 2 people came in and bought used games with cash (Legend of Kain Defiance Xbox and Moto GP 2 for PS2). Their used game stock keeps getting smaller and smaller. If they don't bring back some sort of trade-in deal soon, they won't have very many used games left! But I guess this is good news for GR's game sales, anyway.

I told them about the web site showing Xbox360 games under the Trade 2 get 1 for $29.99 deal, and they said they had memos back during the preorder deal specifically excluding them from selling Xbox360 games with the old preorder deal, anyway. The fact that this is up on the web site, despite what they told me today (that the deal is never coming back), I think is a hopeful sign. If they bring that back next week or something I'll be glad I didn't pay extra for switching one of my preorders!

The manager did say that they are focused more on providing lower prices for new games than on preorder deals. They say that's what the customers want - thus the $39.99 deal. I say, a trade 2 get any new game for $29.99 is a perfect way of lowering new game prices (while also refilling their used game stock), so we'll see...

The new game for $39.99 deal ended last Monday, io. It was sad since I didn't have a chance to get back and preorder Odama/Chibi. Ah well.

I don't know how they can say the preorder deal is never coming back, as they usually don't know what deals are going on until the map tells them.

[quote name='botticus']The new game for $39.99 deal ended last Monday, io. It was sad since I didn't have a chance to get back and preorder Odama/Chibi. Ah well.

I don't know how they can say the preorder deal is never coming back, as they usually don't know what deals are going on until the map tells them.[/QUOTE]

Ah, so it must have automatically worked then. Well, they still have all the signs up in my store and think it is still going on - just that you can't use it for preorders and EyeToy games :D (since that's all I tried).

Sorry Berzerker, nabbed the only copy of Kuon at the Gamestop here in Saint Petersburg... you really cleaned out everywhere else. I just wanted to get in on this to get a DS / GBA game relatively cheap.

Still scanned through at $24, employee didn't seem too thrilled to be getting another copy.

My friend also found a copy of Phoenix Wright new there, so check your local Gamerush's for it.

[quote name='Roufuss']Sorry Berzerker, nabbed the only copy of Kuon at the Gamestop here in Saint Petersburg... you really cleaned out everywhere else. I just wanted to get in on this to get a DS / GBA game relatively cheap.

Still scanned through at $24, employee didn't seem too thrilled to be getting another copy.
[/QUOTE]

Thats fine, i think im gonna hold off the Kuon's for a while, after my trip tomorrow, ill have traded in 10 at the Land O Lakes location. I've been trying to hunt down some Galleon's since theyre only $8.50 (after GS card/tax) and trade for $19. If you're wanting more Kuon's, the Westshore/Countryside malls should be getting more in soon (according to site). The Dale Mabry location has one in the back, that cant go on sale til the 28th (because its a trade in)

I dont really go out to St Pete/Brandon anyways. Only reason i keep going to the Clearwater Gamestop's is that they are only 10 minutes away from Animenation (where i go every other day for their Anime rental service)

[quote name='Bezerker']Thats fine, i think im gonna hold off the Kuon's for a while, after my trip tomorrow, ill have traded in 10 at the Land O Lakes location. I dont really go out to St Pete/Brandon anyways. Only reason i keep going to the Clearwater Gamestop's is that they are only 10 minutes away from Animenation (where i go every other day for their Anime rental service)[/QUOTE]

Yea, I figured you never came this far down... hell, I'm not even sure what I'm going to use my $24 on, since Gamerush has no games I'm interested in at all. Too bad you're taking a break, it seems like all the Gamestop's are expecting refills.

I guess I just did the deal just to get in on it :lol: I might grab one more Kuon while I'm in Palm Harbor tommorrow, the in store locator says they have one there, maybe I can find something to buy for $48 in credit instead. Did Gamerush ever get in Wild Arms 4 or Suikoden Tactics?

io is right, their used stock is very pitiful, at least down here.... seems like nobody wants to trade their good games in.

actually, you may want to hold off on the palm harbor store. I believe that is the same copy that i went to buy and it had a scratch going completely through the disc (not sure if anyone at Gamerush would notice it). It was supposedly put in the back as defective, but you never know if they may have put it back out on the shelf, luckily the manager at that location is really nice and she let me know about the scratch before selling me the game.

Is Gamerush still doing the deal where if you buy a DS you get a free game? Or was that GBA/GC??? Im looking to turn my store credit into actual cash, and it seems that DS's are the only systems selling close to retail price (other than Xbox 360's). It would be a nice bonus to get some free games.

[quote name='Bezerker']actually, you may want to hold off on the palm harbor store. I believe that is the same copy that i went to buy and it had a scratch going completely through the disc (not sure if anyone at Gamerush would notice it). It was supposedly put in the back as defective, but you never know if they may have put it back out on the shelf, luckily the manager at that location is really nice and she let me know about the scratch before selling me the game.
[/QUOTE]

It's worth a shot, it's right off of US 19 anyways so I'm not going out of my way. If Gamerush dosen't take it, I'll just return it to the local Gamestop here for my money back.

I have a feeling it was put back out unless their system takes a long time processing defective games out of a store, since the Saint Petersburg store I bought Kuon from today already lists it as having 0 copies available, down from 1-3.

Do you know if GR carries Wild Arms 4 or Suikoden Tactics? If they don't, I won't even bother, but if they do, I wouldn't mind picking up WA 4 for $20 and still having a bit of trade in credit left over.

[quote name='io']Ah, so it must have automatically worked then. Well, they still have all the signs up in my store and think it is still going on - just that you can't use it for preorders and EyeToy games :D (since that's all I tried).[/QUOTE]Well it wasn't automatic, they still had to scan the $10 off $49.99 coupon. They were probably just used to doing it to new games only, and had never tried on preorders. That was the case at my store, anyway. The guy had no idea that coupon would work on preorders.

[quote name='Roufuss']io is right, their used stock is very pitiful, at least down here.... seems like nobody wants to trade their good games in.[/QUOTE]Personally, I think the good games get bought up really quickly, since they're 25% off.

[quote name='banpeikun']Well it wasn't automatic, they still had to scan the $10 off $49.99 coupon. They were probably just used to doing it to new games only, and had never tried on preorders. That was the case at my store, anyway. The guy had no idea that coupon would work on preorders.[/QUOTE]

Well, the thing is they claim they have no bar code to scan, that it just automatically adjusted new games to $39.99 - and that there isn't a coupon (or bar code) like with the other deals. What's up with that?

[quote name='Roufuss']Do you know if GR carries Wild Arms 4 or Suikoden Tactics? If they don't, I won't even bother, but if they do, I wouldn't mind picking up WA 4 for $20 and still having a bit of trade in credit left over.[/QUOTE]They have WA4, but it's $50.

[quote name='io']Well, the thing is they claim they have no bar code to scan, that it just automatically adjusted new games to $39.99 - and that there isn't a coupon (or bar code) like with the other deals. What's up with that?[/QUOTE]Dunno about that, that's different from the procedure here. They ring up the game and scan a coupon that's in a little plastic holder stuck to the edge of their screen. Same for the 25% off games, they scan that coupon once for each PO game you get for the 25% off.

[quote name='banpeikun']They have WA4, but it's $50.[/QUOTE]

Whaaa?

Why are they charging $10 more than MSRP? Oh well, it still won't matter if I can find that second Kuon.

[quote name='Roufuss']Sorry Berzerker, nabbed the only copy of Kuon at the Gamestop here in Saint Petersburg... you really cleaned out everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't Berzerker who cleaned out the Pinellas locations. :D

Yeah, they're starting to notice that certain games are piling up. Incidentally, the 4th Street location often lowballs on trade values. They told me $2.50 on Street Racing Syndicate for the XBox, but another location quoted me $16 over the phone. And, as I reported earlier, they only offered me $10 on Romance of the Three Kingdoms X, but everywhere else it's still $27. It's too bad, they're the closest location for me.

[quote name='banpeikun']Dunno about that, that's different from the procedure here. They ring up the game and scan a coupon that's in a little plastic holder stuck to the edge of their screen. Same for the 25% off games, they scan that coupon once for each PO game you get for the 25% off.[/QUOTE]

YES, the plastic holder is what they have used for every game deal, including the 25% off that I did get today. He didn't see the deal there - but that may be because it is over. Its just that he's the store manager so I would think if the code had been removed and it was required all this time to ring up the deal that he would have known about it. Very strange. He assumed it would work automatically.

[quote name='Roufuss']Whaaa?

Why are they charging $10 more than MSRP? Oh well, it still won't matter if I can find that second Kuon.[/QUOTE]I guess so. But I just got the quote over the phone when I was at CC and couldn't get them to use the $10 BB coupon. Maybe it scans up differently. The guy did say the price would drop to $40 because of the promotion (after the promotion was supposed to be over)

Well I went back to GR today to return a game(BHD) and I asked if the 25% off used games deal was over and the guy told me it was extended till the 26th. Yesterday I posted that I was told that the deal was over. Why are there a few different dates floating around? I'm guessing bad communication among GR's. Anyway, I picked up a PS2 Resident Evil Outbreak 2 for $11 as trade fodder at Best buy. Last I checked it was getting $30.

on a side note.. i was picking up the last copy of Kuon and Galleion from GS today and saw one guy helding a PSP and i think a bunch of UMD movie (with same title also).. he only trade in his UMD movie and wait for me outside of the store.. and trying to sell me his PSP... i was kinda entertain with the idea, since i think i could bargain with him a good price.. , but his copy of Burnout revenge somehow didn't load (or take forever) so i thought.. oh heck forget about it.. and went home... now i feel like if i miss an opportunity to get another PSP for cheap.. or maybe it would be worse that it may broke down...haha

btw.. when is this Kuon and Echo night madness gonna end... :)

[quote name='racthamp']on a side note.. i was picking up the last copy of Kuon and Galleion from GS today and saw one guy helding a PSP and i think a bunch of UMD movie (with same title also).. he only trade in his UMD movie and wait for me outside of the store.. and trying to sell me his PSP... i was kinda entertain with the idea, since i think i could bargain with him a good price.. , but his copy of Burnout revenge somehow didn't load (or take forever) so i thought.. oh heck forget about it.. and went home... now i feel like if i miss an opportunity to get another PSP for cheap.. or maybe it would be worse that it may broke down...haha

btw.. when is this Kuon and Echo night madness gonna end... :)[/QUOTE]

Since there is no official price drop going to happen for either Kuon or Echo Night Beyond it looks like this one will be going on for a nice while longer. Like ao told me earlier in the thread they haven't actually dropped the price of Echo Night Beyond since last summer so we are just going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Looks like the only way it will stop is if your local stores get wise to having too many copies then they have a right to stop accepting trades for them. This is the only logical thing that can slow these down.

I just did a search on Gamestop.com if I really wanted to be real bad I could actually get enough copies of Galleon, Kuon, and Echo Night Beyond to actually have about a good seven hundred bucks in GR/BB credit just from those Gamestops.

Just got back from Gamerush, selling 2 Echo's 1 Kuon & 1 Galleon. All got the normal price (24-24-19). They got some decent used games in within the last week. Lots of newer PSP games, Mario Party 7 & Fire Emblem for GC, and one i grabbed right away, Mario Kart DS ($22.50 after 25% off, woot). I also decided to pick up Family Guy Volume 3 as it was only $24.99 (Target has it for $19.99, but i'd much rather use my store credit, seeing as that $24.99 credit costed me about $9.99 in real cash)

Sorry Rouffus, no Wild Arms 4 for purchase, only rent, and you may want to watch out if you plan on trading any Kuon's to the Land o lakes store, the cashier i sold the games to was complaining about them having too many, lol.

[quote name='Bezerker']Just got back from Gamerush, selling 2 Echo's 1 Kuon & 1 Galleon. All got the normal price (24-24-19). They got some decent used games in within the last week. Lots of newer PSP games, Mario Party 7 & Fire Emblem for GC, and one i grabbed right away, Mario Kart DS ($22.50 after 25% off, woot). I also decided to pick up Family Guy Volume 3 as it was only $24.99 (Target has it for $19.99, but i'd much rather use my store credit, seeing as that $24.99 credit costed me about $9.99 in real cash)

Sorry Rouffus, no Wild Arms 4 for purchase, only rent, and you may want to watch out if you plan on trading any Kuon's to the Land o lakes store, the cashier i sold the games to was complaining about them having too many, lol.[/QUOTE]

Land O Lakes is a wee bit too far for me, I think... do you remember what newer PSP games they had, and the prices?

I'd drive up there if there was something good. What was the price on Mario Party 7?

I just realized that Land O Lakes is more then an hour drive from me.. and you come all the way down to Clearwater to hit up these Gamestops from GR trade bait? You are definately hardcore about this :lol:. I would burn a whole tank of gas just getting to and from that location... it would take one hell of an amazing used PSP game for me to go THAT far.

[quote name='io']I'm just happy when I go into a regular BB and they know how to do a trade-in and put it on a value card. They usually have to make a few phone calls, but get it done :D. If I can get the trade done, get the prices I expect, and get the value card properly credited I'm good.

Hey I noticed that on my trade-ins in VA I got credited with sales tax, but in another state I didn't. Strange - I know we've heard about people getting credited for tax before at GR and EB, but I've never actually seen it happen (including, I think, when I've traded at EB's in VA). It added about $7 to my value card, so I'm cool with it :D.[/QUOTE]

I always get credited for tax in Indiana. My copy of DBZ Budokai 3 actually got me $31.80 with tax.

[quote name='Rictor']Anyone know what Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore for PS2 goes for? I have a couple $6 copies from Circuit City.[/QUOTE]

I was quoted $5.50 a few days ago.

[quote name='Roufuss']Land O Lakes is a wee bit too far for me, I think... do you remember what newer PSP games they had, and the prices?

I'd drive up there if there was something good. What was the price on Mario Party 7?

I just realized that Land O Lakes is more then an hour drive from me.. and you come all the way down to Clearwater to hit up these Gamestops from GR trade bait? You are definately hardcore about this :lol:. I would burn a whole tank of gas just getting to and from that location... it would take one hell of an amazing used PSP game for me to go THAT far.[/QUOTE]

Lol, well, i live in north tampa, right on the border of Tampa/Lutz, so it seems im kinda centralized. The Land O Lakes Gamerush is only a 9.5 mile drive for me, Animenation (where i go every other day for their anime rental) is a 12 mile drive (Race Track Rd), then the Countryside Mall is only an additional 8 miles from there, so it doesnt seem that far too me. My Car gets good gas, i can normally get from home to clearwater and back on a quarter of a tank. As for being hardcore about it, well, im a jew, so when i see an opportunity to make easy money, i take it and exploit it to the full extent ;-).

Mario Party was $44.99 (33.75 after 25% discount). As for the PSP games, i wasnt able to see the price tags (as they line them up so you can only see the spine of the case), but the few games that were facing forward (like Prince of Persia & King Kong, which are relatively new) were $34.99 (26.25 after 25% discount). I know they had most of the launch titles for $24.99, they also had Pac man world 3, wwe raw vs smackdown, and a couple others that i cant think of right now. Probably not worth the hour drive to save the 25% discount (instead of paying $5 more for the game new).

[quote name='Bezerker']Lol, well, i live in north tampa, right on the border of Tampa/Lutz, so it seems im kinda centralized. The Land O Lakes Gamerush is only a 9.5 mile drive for me, Animenation (where i go every other day for their anime rental) is a 12 mile drive (Race Track Rd), then the Countryside Mall is only an additional 8 miles from there, so it doesnt seem that far too me. My Car gets good gas, i can normally get from home to clearwater and back on a quarter of a tank. As for being hardcore about it, well, im a jew, so when i see an opportunity to make easy money, i take it and exploit it to the full extent ;-).

Mario Party was $44.99 (33.75 after 25% discount). As for the PSP games, i wasnt able to see the price tags (as they line them up so you can only see the spine of the case), but the few games that were facing forward (like Prince of Persia & King Kong, which are relatively new) were $34.99 (26.25 after 25% discount). I know they had most of the launch titles for $24.99, they also had Pac man world 3, wwe raw vs smackdown, and a couple others that i cant think of right now. Probably not worth the hour drive to save the 25% discount (instead of paying $5 more for the game new).[/QUOTE]

Hm... that is an interesting lineup of PSP games, almost half off for Prince of Persia. But for some reason, it's not something that screams "must have" that makes me want to drive an hour plus :lol: Curious how much that Smackdown game was, if it was $44.99 or $34.99.

Haha, I remember when Gamerush was doing their "Trade 3, get any used game for $5" and I did a ton of driving back in the day, and then again with the Dead to Rights 2 deal... I guess I'm just taking it easy. I would usually make a GR run once every two or three days, with time in between to grab a bunch of games. During the original Trade 3 deal with no restrictions, I pretty much cleaned out all of Gamestop's 4.99 games during their buy 2 get 1 free, and dumped them all off at the local GR... alot of those games are STILL there!!

For what it is worth, I heard a BB employee say that the 25% off sale will expire on Monday. This was yesterday.

That's the same date I heard then. "The 25% off deal will be extended until the 23rd" Hopefully that means tomorrow will be the last day.

[quote name='banpeikun']That's the same date I heard then. "The 25% off deal will be extended until the 23rd" Hopefully that means tomorrow will be the last day.[/QUOTE]
Well, I was planning on going in the next couple days anyway, so I guess tomorrow will be it. Gotta preorder AOE DS and Chibi Robo, that'll take me through the end of the month anyway. Gotta go back later if I decide to preorder Super Princess Peach and Super Monkey Ball DS. Maybe they'll have gotten some decent trade-ins since last visit.

[quote name='Staraang21']any word yet on what the new deal will be?[/QUOTE]
Since Ship went through the map with a GR manager, I'm guessing nothing will pop up until the beginning of next month at the earliest.

[quote name='botticus']Since Ship went through the map with a GR manager, I'm guessing nothing will pop up until the beginning of next month at the earliest.[/QUOTE]

So it looks like for a few days toward the end of January we won't have any deals at Gamerush. Damn, that just sounds funny to say but it is what is going down. So long to the Trade 3 for $5 or 3 for $10. Here's to hoping that the new deal isn't shitty like most of the deals from EB/GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back