Games for Windows: Age of Empires III: 10 cents

EliotAndrews

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Hey, all.
Games for Windows Marketplace just relaunched with a new, web-friendly system. To celebrate, they're doing "Deal of the Day's" all week.

Monday: Grand Theft Auto IV: $11.99 (40% off)
Tuesday: Borderlands: $9.99 (50% off)
Wednesday: Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY: $11.99 (60% off)
Thursday: Red Faction: Guerrilla: $5.99 (70% off)
Friday: Saints Row 2: $5.99 (80% off)
Saturday: Bioshock: $1.99 (90% off)
Sunday: Age of Empires III: 10 cents

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/

It should be noted that, so far, Steam has offered these games for less in the past. Therefore, I'd say "wait for the Steam Holiday Sale." (A CAG phrase that has been popular for about 6 months now.)

Thursday: I admit, Red Faction: Guerrilla at this price is a bit insulting since both Steam and D2D have offered the game for $4.99 in the past.

Saturday: This is easily the most surprising of the deals. Bioshock has been $4.99 at the lowest over at Steam. So, if anyone's interested, this is the perfect time to pick the game up.

Sunday: I'd like to know which CAGer's can resist a 10-cent game. (CAG TIP: Due to the "exchange rate," using your Microsoft Points costs you more money.)

Though it's not part of this deal, I thought I'd add that Bioshock 2 is the Deal of the Week: $9.99 (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude! You paid 10 MSP when you could have paid $0.10? That 2.5 cents just cost you your CAG card, my friend.

Seriously though, good find. Thanks OP.

Even though I already own the games, for 10 spacebucks I might as well get it just in case I ever lose the discs. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='smintboy']Dude! You paid 10 MSP when you could have paid $0.10? That 2.5 cents just cost you your CAG card, my friend.

Seriously though, good find. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

I used my MS points because I've had the same 260 pts for over a year now untouched. And I would never give MS my credit card info. So it was an easy decision.

you know, the sad part is I do not play games on the computer and probably won't until Diablo 3 comes out..... but for 10 cents I just couldn't pass this up.

Cag Cag Cag

Shacknews' list of weekend sales said a TBA game for $0.10 would be GFWL's Sunday daily deal, so I wouldn't worry too much about them "fixing" it, it will probably be up for the next 24 hours.

The daily deal #7 page isn't up yet, but the game's page on the website is showing the $0.10 price.

EDIT: The game shows up on the site at $0.10, and is added to your cart at $0.10, but if you somehow lose it during the login process (having to go update TOS on xbox.com), it resets to $40 and revisiting the page continues to show it in their catalog at $40. Just clear your cookies and it will go back to $0.10. I was able to add to cart and purchase for $0.10, without having the client installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up, OP!!! Been wanting this game for some time, and have had 10 points sitting in my account for 3+ years.

it's listed at $.10 on the site, but when you add to cart it's still $39.99, i'll keep trying throughout the night, and hope it's still there when i get off at 6 am

Oh wow. This is awesome. I have no idea when I will even play this, but 10 cents is an unnoticeable amount. At least I was able to download the client and purchase it, but there is no way I will be able to download the 3GB game on this hotel wifi. Although this might be one of the few games I could get my netbook to play.

[quote name='blackasnight']WOW just did it. Thanks. You have to download the client and get it off there.[/QUOTE]

i was able to purchase it through the web site

Bit of a random question. I am not paranoid or think MS will do something evil, but anyone who has purchased the game with a CC, is it possible to remove your card info from file afterwards? It is just a general rule I have about anything, credible company or not. Wish I had points atm.

Got it for $0.10 via the website. I doubt my computer can even run it but I think 10 cents was a worthwhile investment for the future.

First Fable II and now this! Thanks Microsoft and thanks OP. Ensemble makes (or rather, made) great RTS games.

[quote name='headpiece747']Can't add it through the GFWL site and can't download any programs on this computer, guess I missed out on this one.[/QUOTE]

Use Internet Explorer. I tried using Firefox and it didn't like it, but IE worked. It's a Microsoft page so they're probably being pissy.

Just snagged itfor 10 points. Did it thru the website. Just keep deleting & re-adding to cart until 10 cents shows up as the price in your cart. Took me 3 tries. Always been curious about this series I'm looking foward to tryin this game out. Never been much of a strategy guy.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Use Internet Explorer. I tried using Firefox and it didn't like it, but IE worked. It's a Microsoft page so they're probably being pissy.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that just got it by just updating the page over and over. Should have read your post first. Thanks OP.

haha.. had to figure out what my other gfwl account was since I previously purchased it for 10$ on my main account..I think I have 3 copies of the game now, but for 10 cents, you never know when you may have a lan party..

Purchased one for myself and one for my son. Under 'game capabilities' it says it is a one player game, did they remove the multiplayer part? Still downloading, so I will have to wait and find out I guess.

bread's done
Back