Games for Windows: Age of Empires III: 10 cents

EliotAndrews

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Hey, all.
Games for Windows Marketplace just relaunched with a new, web-friendly system. To celebrate, they're doing "Deal of the Day's" all week.

Monday: Grand Theft Auto IV: $11.99 (40% off)
Tuesday: Borderlands: $9.99 (50% off)
Wednesday: Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY: $11.99 (60% off)
Thursday: Red Faction: Guerrilla: $5.99 (70% off)
Friday: Saints Row 2: $5.99 (80% off)
Saturday: Bioshock: $1.99 (90% off)
Sunday: Age of Empires III: 10 cents

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/

It should be noted that, so far, Steam has offered these games for less in the past. Therefore, I'd say "wait for the Steam Holiday Sale." (A CAG phrase that has been popular for about 6 months now.)

Thursday: I admit, Red Faction: Guerrilla at this price is a bit insulting since both Steam and D2D have offered the game for $4.99 in the past.

Saturday: This is easily the most surprising of the deals. Bioshock has been $4.99 at the lowest over at Steam. So, if anyone's interested, this is the perfect time to pick the game up.

Sunday: I'd like to know which CAGer's can resist a 10-cent game. (CAG TIP: Due to the "exchange rate," using your Microsoft Points costs you more money.)

Though it's not part of this deal, I thought I'd add that Bioshock 2 is the Deal of the Week: $9.99 (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks man good thing i cleaned my hard drive this weekend. lol. good find. lemme know if anything else comes around. age of empires is an awesome game!

Bought it and and will probably barely even play it. I'm kinda burned out on games like this, and I still have Age of Mythology to play.
Awesome deal though, thanks for pointing it out

I logged on to buy this and discovered that I had 30 MS Points that I had forgotten about. Snagged it for free. :)

Thanks OP!

[quote name='indyben']I logged on to buy this and discovered that I had 30 MS Points that I had forgotten about. Snagged it for free. :)

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Not really free though.

Hard to believe gfwl had a better sale than steam ever has (from what I remember) =O. I wonder how Gabe is reacting....anyways, thanks op!

Thank you so much op! I was stuck with 130 points now down to 120, i can buy something for 80 and 40..never thought id get rid of that extra 10.

I've been waiting to see what the final deal of the week is, and luckily I have my macbook with me while I'm out of town today, so I picked it up via 10 bill bux on the website. :D

Now to download it on my desktop when I get home. :D

[quote name='bigsick']Thank you so much op! I was stuck with 130 points now down to 120, i can buy something for 80 and 40..never thought id get rid of that extra 10.[/QUOTE]

You can also buy Zune songs on Zune marketplace on your computer for 79 bill bux.

That's the main use of bill bux for me.

This is *amazing*. I was looking to purchase this game a couple of months ago, but I didn't, because the price was still (way) too high.

Thank you so much, OP. This is sick.

Hilarious, thanks a ton.

The only game on the service I wanted, and the fact I could use 10 Microsoft points (when I've already got an uneven number to begin with) is icing on the cake.

What is up with their caveat they post with the description of every game

Digital Rights Management Disclosure. This software uses digital rights management software (“DRM”). DRM may limit the number of times you are permitted to install this software on a computer and/or the number of computers to which you may install the software. To function properly, DRM downloads certain data and files to your computer, which may or may not be uninstalled when you uninstall the software.

I can respect they want to curb piracy, but this sounds awfully sketchy. At least with Steam I KNOW I can always uninstall and reinstall later. And I don't feel like games might be installing a bunch of cr@p that they won't remove.

Great deal, in for 1.

[quote name='badlieut']How do you get the CD key for the game? I don't see a game information tab like they say there is on the help menu.[/QUOTE]

Under download tabs, click the game and it says "View Game Keys" below the image of the game.

Wow, I can't believe this deal is real. But it actually works, and it's downloading now.

I just built a new computer, so I'm trying to catch up on all the strategy games I've missed in the five years since I've had a computer that could run them. The Age of Empires series was always near the top of my list of favorite RTS games, so I was really hoping to grab this one and am really glad it's on sale.

I'm in for a dime!

I loved the first one back in the 90s . . . haven't played it since. Might never really play this one but you can't beat the price.

It took me awhile to remember my Live ID and password . . . then it had to verify my email and run me through terms of service. I haven't even turned on my 360 for months . . . probably haven't used Live (in any way) for over a year.

Cant believe this is still up. I think this was intentional by Microsoft to get people to download their new client. I am in for one though and I like the fact you can pay with MS Points as I have an odd amount.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Cant believe this is still up. I think this was intentional by Microsoft to get people to download their new client. I am in for one though and I like the fact you can pay with MS Points as I have an odd amount.[/QUOTE]

If you looked around, you'd see that this is the daily deal for today.

Damn...I didn't realize I could use my MS points to get games on GFWL Marketplace, else I would have gotten Black Light Tango down when it was on sale. :( Either way, who could resist a $0.10 game? Got it, thanks OP!

[quote name='ScubaKev']What is up with their caveat they post with the description of every game

I can respect they want to curb piracy, but this sounds awfully sketchy. At least with Steam I KNOW I can always uninstall and reinstall later. And I don't feel like games might be installing a bunch of cr@p that they won't remove.[/QUOTE]

Even though it's only $.10 I'm skeptical about DRM. =/ Anyone know if this can be removed later on?

I bought it and I am about halfway done with the download, I already have a disc copy but this is everything for 10 microsoft points that i wasnt gonna use to begin with, good deal is good.

Eh,

I WOULDNT use my credit card if i were you
If its not on their file already it will keep it there for life.

If it is on there just use your MSP

Because as soon as microsoft sees its a mistake.
They can always do some legal thing to jump the price up to 40$ and charge your card for it.

Might not happen but its FRIGGIN MICROSOFT
Anythings possible.

[quote name='madogmgd']Eh,

They can always do some legal thing to jump the price up to 40$ and charge your card for it.

Anythings possible.[/QUOTE]

Are you an idiot? This is the daily deal, as has been stated many times in the thread, it's on the fripping homepage of the site for heavens sakes. It is NOT A MISTAKE!

[quote name='madogmgd']Eh,

Anythings possible.[/QUOTE]

it's on the front page as the daily deal, so that's not going to happen.

bread's done
Back