Gamestop 20-40% off Pre-owned Games 4/25-4/27 (YMMV)

RienBoyle72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
122 (100%)
I just talked with one of my local Gamestop managers and he told me about a promo this upcoming weekend.

Buy 2 used games get 20% off (30% with PUR)

Buy 4 used games get 30% off (40% with PUR)

Buy 6+ used games get 40% (50% with PUR)

The manager here said they were also doing the 50% (60% PUR) TIV bonus at this store as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to two different gamestops and couldn't find 6 games that I wanted with the original case AND decent discs. The sales associate got pissed at me because I said I wanted to see the discs before I bought the games, and then told her no. I wasn't trying to be SUPER picky or anything, but there's only like one gamestop near me where the discs are usually really good.

Alsooo, the guy in front of me was trading in games and she rejected practically all of his games, and he was like "man, I thought these discs were supposed to be scratch resistant or something! All I did was set them on the table, and on top of the tv." I was thinking "gee, I wonder why they're scratched then -.- ". But they must've been REALLY bad if they wouldn't take it considering EVERY of the 6 discs I asked to see were scratched and gross.

If we removed all the posts of people asking the same 4-5 questions that have been answered on pretty much every page this thread would have 10 posts.
This thread would also have much lower click/view count if the title was properly labeled. USED is the key word here, and still after three days it hasn't been fixed.

I went to two different gamestops and couldn't find 6 games that I wanted with the original case AND decent discs. The sales associate got pissed at me because I said I wanted to see the discs before I bought the games, and then told her no. I wasn't trying to be SUPER picky or anything, but there's only like one gamestop near me where the discs are usually really good.
This. It totally stopped me from getting 6 games today, hate how when I bring a game up to the register and asked if they have a complete copy, they look at me like why the fuck does it matter. Just cause half of your customers don't care doesn't mean I want a fucking gutted copy of a game when I just asked how many new copies you have and you just said 6....

Too bad used games are already overpriced (at least at GameStop, where the games are missing something and/or are scratched). GS is going to die off completely. Focusing on mobile and Simply Mac? BAHAHAHA good luck. It certainly made Best Buy super successful, right?

so im going to guess no south cali CAGer has been to a gamestop with the bonus 50% tiv? Been meaning to trade in my 3DSXL for quite a while

I see people say that they bump prices when they do these deals but ive seen nothing change. I think people see a price months ago then when this deal comes they look and see it has gone up since months ago and then cry about it lol.

Ignoring crappy games I bought only for resell purposes, I managed to pick up a copy of DW8 Completely Vita $22 and YS Vita for $19 after tax each. Found a GS with Danganronpa and Demon Gaze which I guess I'll be picking up tomorrow and will resell if I don't enjoy it I guess. I want to keep my gamestop bonus points :)

Ignoring crappy games I bought only for resell purposes, I managed to pick up a copy of DW8 Completely Vita $22 and YS Vita for $19 after tax each. Found a GS with Danganronpa and Demon Gaze which I guess I'll be picking up tomorrow and will resell if I don't enjoy it I guess. I want to keep my gamestop bonus points :)
DEMON GAZE? Lucky! I was looking for one today, but nowhere near here has it used.

I went to two different gamestops and couldn't find 6 games that I wanted with the original case AND decent discs. The sales associate got pissed at me because I said I wanted to see the discs before I bought the games, and then told her no. I wasn't trying to be SUPER picky or anything, but there's only like one gamestop near me where the discs are usually really good.
I run into this problem just about every time I go to Gamestop (not counting the issues trying to sell me new, unsealed games). They act like you are crazy when you want to see the discs and they usually give me the old "they are guaranteed to play"! Countless times I've found a game only to be disappointed after seeing they were incomplete or scratched like someone used them as a hockey puck.

Any other below 99 cent games like the guy mentioned psp titles , which ones ? Other than good ole links crossbow training of course .

Hmm umd movies count ... well played . My main store doesn't have psp stuff out on display anymore , I wouldn't have thought of those .

They were all in a box on the counter. I just checked the area and a lot of the stores seem to have that one. I was shocked to find so many.

I run into this problem just about every time I go to Gamestop (not counting the issues trying to sell me new, unsealed games). They act like you are crazy when you want to see the discs and they usually give me the old "they are guaranteed to play"! Countless times I've found a game only to be disappointed after seeing they were incomplete or scratched like someone used them as a hockey puck.
The infuriating part is that they no doubt charged someone a refurb fee on those discs and then never had them refurbished.

The infuriating part is that they no doubt charged someone a refurb fee on those discs and then never had them refurbished.
I can tell you that 85% of the games that are sold in terrible condition come from the warehouse. I've received games that had cracks all the way into the data layer that somehow made it into shipments.

I think the 75% off becomes negated if you try to get them during this promo.
75% off can't be stacked with 40% off. Their system will automatically choose the better offer.

I tried to buy 5 free PS2 games as filler to get my 40%, but PS2 games didn't count cuz their system would choose 75% over 40%. Worse, the PS2 games I bought somehow messed up the 40% for my 6+ games that I only got 30% off instead of 40%(with PUR). In the end I had to do 2 separate transactions to make it right.

so im going to guess no south cali CAGer has been to a gamestop with the bonus 50% tiv? Been meaning to trade in my 3DSXL for quite a while
Usually the 50% promo is only for games unless it's a specific trade up system promo. Generally the best you can get on a system is the 30/40% Power Trade towards select new releases/preorders.

I see people say that they bump prices when they do these deals but ive seen nothing change. I think people see a price months ago then when this deal comes they look and see it has gone up since months ago and then cry about it lol.
They've been doing this for years. This may be different seeing as how they are slowly and officially on their way out of the business.

But regardless, why is it wrong to be upset about a used game that gets its price increased months later? Idk what point you're trying to make, but you're certainly supporting our collective point whether you meant to or not...

Err..Their used game prices for my stores have been the same and always been the same. $5-10 off the new price depending on how long it has been released ($5 for new games, 10 for old) and the prices are still the same through the sale. I would know if they bumped up the price of a game since I'm always stalking the PS Vita and PS3 section when I have the chance since I live 3 minutes from a Gamestop. The only game that has a rather iffy price is The Last of Us which is still $50-60 in almost all retailers near me for a new copy (Target, Best Buy, Gamestop).

Wish this sale was extended.  I so would pick up Xenoblade, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and three other high priced titles.  40% off seems to make these games kind of worth getting.

If Gamestop really wanted me to clean them out of their cheap titles.  Make this sale up to 50% off.

Edit: It would be great if these sales lasted through the whole week, instead of just a weekend.  I wouldn't mind if this sale was extended just for last generation consoles.

They only increase prices on the games they perceive to be rare, like Zelda, Pokémon, Xenoblade, Metroid trilogy, Fire emblem: radiant dawn and etc.
It's not an increase, but they have the 3DS titles that just dropped in MSRP priced the same for new and used. None of them are rare, not yet at least. Even if they assume buyers have PUR, etc..., at least make the price $1 lower, they just come off as bitter lol.

bread's done
Back