Gamestop B1G1 Select Used Games + New Coupon Codes

XHeavygunX

CAG Newbie

Buy 1 Get 1 FREE on select pre-owned PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, and DS games. Offer expires 8/18/2013.

Coupon codes not stackable with above offer:
$5 off on orders of in-stock games and accessories totaling $25 or more.
Use Code: AUG5. Excludes hardware. Other exclusions may apply. Offer Expires 08/13/13.

15% off and free value shipping on orders of in-stock games and accessories totaling $59.99 or more.
Use code: AUG15. Excludes hardware. Other exclusions may apply. Offer Expires 08/13/13!

35% off Tom Clancy PC Download games - expires 8/5/2013

original post
On Monday July 29 gamestop is having a buy one get one free on select pre own games. Was sent to us gamestop workers in an email yesterday and its a one day only sale

:wii: Active Life: Magic Carnival
:ps3: Adventures of TinTin
:ps3: Aliens Colonial Marines
:360: Aliens Colonial Marines
:wii: AMF Bowling Pinbusters
:ps3: :360: Assassin's Creed 2
:ps3: :360: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
:ps3: :360: Assassin's Creed Revelations
:wii: :ps3: Bakugan
:ds: Battle of the Giants: Dragons
:ps3: :360: Battlefield Bad Company 2
:wii: Big League Sports
:360: Biggest Loser
:360: BlazBlue Continuum Shift (Not Extended)
:wii: Blazing Angels
:ps3: :360: Borderlands (Vanilla)
:ps3: :360: Brink
:wii: Brunswick Pro Bowling
:ps3: :360: Brutal Legend
:ps3: :360: Bulletstorm
:wii: Cabela's Dangerous Hunt '11
:ps3: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
:ps3: :360: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
:ps3: :wii: Chaotic: Shadow Warrior
:ps3: :360: Child of Eden
:ds: Clubhouse Games
:ps3: :360: Crysis 2
:360: Dance Central
:wii: Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party
:wii: Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2
:360: Dance Dance Revolution Universe
:ps3: Dance on Broadway
:ps3: Dead Island (Vanilla)
:ps3: :360: Dead Space 2
:wii: Deca Sports 2
:wii: Deer Drive
:ps3: :360: Def Jam Rapstar
:ps3: :360: Deus Ex Human Revolution
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey
:psp: Dissidia
:ps3: :wii: DJ Hero
:ps3: :wii: :360: DJ Hero 2
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:wii: EA Sports Active
:wii: EA Sports NFL
:ps3: Enemy Territory Quake
:ds: Ener-G: Dance Squad
:ps3: :360: Enslaved
:ps3: EyePet
:ps3: F1 Championship Edition
:360: Fable 3
:360: Fallout New Vegas (Vanilla)
:wii: Game Party 1,2,3
:ds: Gardening Mama
:ps3: God of War 3
:ds: Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades
:wii: :ps3: :360: Guitar Hero Aerosmith
:wii: :ps3: :360: Guitar Hero World Tour
:360: Halo 3
:360: Halo Reach
:360: Homefront
:ds: I Spy Funhouse
:wii: I Spy Spooky Mansion
:wii: iCarly
:ds: Imagine Fashion Designer
:ds: Imagine Teacher
:ps3: Infamous
:wii: Just Dance
:ps3: Killzone 2
:360: Kinect Disneyland Adventures
:wii: Kore Gang
:ds: Kung Fu Panda
:ps3: Kung Fu Rider
:ps3: Little Big Planet GotY
:vita: Little Deviants
:psp: Lumines
:wii: Madden 2009
:wii: :ps3: :360: Madden 2010
:wii: :ps3: :360: Madden 2011
:wii: :ps3: :360: Madden 2012
:wii: Mario Sonic Olympic
:360: Mass Effect
:ps3: :360: Mass Effect 2
:ps3: :360: Mass Effect 3
:ps3: :360: Medal of Honor
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ds: Megamind
:ps3: :360: Mindjack
:ps3: MLB 10 The Show
:ps3: MLB 2011 The Show
:wii: Monster Trucks Mayhem
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: My Healthy Cooking Coach
:ds: My Stop Smoking Coach
:ps3: NBA 2K11
:360: NCAA Footall 2012
:wii: Nerf N-Strike
:wii: Nerf N-Strike Elite
:ps3: NFL Head Coach 09
:ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
:wii: Ninja Reflex
:wii: NPPL Championship Paintball
:ds: Paws and Claws Pampered
:ds: Personal Trainer
:ds: Petz Hamsterz 2
:ds: Petz Wild Animals Dolphins
:wii: Pirates of the Caribbean
:360: Power Gig
:3ds: Rabbids Travel in Time
:ps3: :360: Rage
:ps3: Ratchet and Clank All 4 One
:psp: Ratchet and Clank Size Matters
:ps3: :360: Resident Evil 5
:ps3: :360: Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City
:ps3: Resistance 1,2
:psp: Resistance Retribution
:ds: Rhytm Heaven
:wii: :360: Rock Band AC/DC
:wii: :360: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: :360: Rogue Warrior
:wii: Scene It Twilight
:wii: Secret Saturdays
:wii: Sega Superstar Tennis
:wii: :ps3: :360: Shaun White Skateboarding
:wii: :ps3: :360: Shaun White Snowboarding
:wii: Shaun White Skateboarding World Stage
:ps3: Shoot, The
:wii: Sing It
:ps3: Singstar ABBA
:ps3: :360: Singularity
:wii: Smarty Pants
:ps3: :360: Sniper Ghost Warrior
:ps3: Socom Confrontation
:ds: Spongebob Boating Blast
:wii: Star Wars Lightsaber Duels
:ps3: Star Wars Force Unleashed
:3ds: Steel Diver
:ps3: :360: Stormrise
:360: Stranglehold
:wii: :ps3: Tiger Woods 2008
:ps3: Tiger Woods 2009
:ps3: :360: Timeshift
:ps3: :360: Tom Clancy's Hawx
:wii: :ps3: :360: Tony Hawk Ride
:wii: :ps3: :360: Tony Hawk Shred
:wii: Top Spin 3
:ps3: TV Superstars
:360: UEFA Euro 2008
:wii: Ultimate Band
:wii: Ultimate I Spy
:ps3: Uncharted 3 (Vanilla)
:ps3: :360: Vancouver Winter Olympics
:360: Virtua Tennis 3
:ps3: :360: Warhammer 40K Space Marines
:ds: Warioware DIY
:wii: We Ski
:wii: :ps3: :360: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: Wii Music
:wii: Wonder World Amusement

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wants to trade a Deus Ex for Gears of War 3 pm me. I couldn't find anything to pair it with.

Stay away from Angry Joe^

Brink is not as bad as people make it out to be. It was hyped up and hyped up before it came out. It was supposed to be amazing. It got released and it didn't live up to the hype at all. But overall, it's more of a disappointment then being a horrible game. It's certainly worth 5 bucks.

I picked up Mind Jack today but haven't played it yet so idk about that one.

I platinum'd Brink. It wasnt THAT bad. It was playable, but the game community was deader than a cemetery and by the end I was on the verge of committing suicide.

off topic, but i was reminiscing about the simpson episode of when bart dosent get bonestorm, and instead gets lee trevino golf. modern day happening would be parent says they got their favorite video game, kids like call of duty ghosts?! and the kid opens the present and goes "Call of JUAREZ?!?!" lol sorry corny i know, thot it was funny.

Anybody got any thoughts on Mindjack or Brink?
I imagine the Brink community is almost dead by now. I only got to play about an hour of it.

And Mindjack should be renamed to "Brain Dead" because it was bad. I wanted to see what all the negative hype was about and when I played it I realized I should have stayed far, far away.

By the way, remember that most stores will do a return/rebuy if you can only find one game you want at a store.  Did that yesterday when I found complete Enslaved at one store but had to go to another for Infamous.  They were also nice enough to do it on what I got at the first store so I could get a complete copy of Rhythm Heaven and because the first store gave me a 360 copy of Brutal Legend.

999556_501038433297799_528519281_n.png

Sorry, that wasn't entirely about you but the repetition of questions that can be answered by reading back two pages or doing basic math is pretty bad. Again not about anyone personally. Even with the PUR discount and 25% a $20 game would still be $13.50 so that's a non-issue and both games receive the PUR discount automatically.
Ah, I thought it would ring up at 35% off instead of 25 and 10 separately. Well in that case I think I'll try to get Halo Reach and Deus Ex

Congratulations on buying one of the worst games in the past 10 years because you stayed away from Angry Joe's 100% accurate review for absolutely no reason. I hope you have fun listening to static, watching bosses shoot the ground, and restarting your game a dozen times because you glitched and can't move forward.

May pick up NGS2 and Mass Effect 3, with the 25% off that seems good

EDIT: think I'll do MW3 and mass effect 3. Never played MW3 and as much as I love NG, NGS2 was a fail of a game for me, I remember getting so tired of it.

Just to shwo you why you shouldn't buy Mindjack:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK4u4uezIPM[/youtube]
  • You revert to default equipment at the start of each level
  • All enemies go to predetermined positions, then look for cover
  • Story is nonsense, script is unintentionally ridiculous
  • Boss battles make you fight waves of enemies instead of the bosses, which just shoot floors
  • Enemy waves walk out of doors in single file, and it takes wayyy too long for them to spawn
  • In multiplayer, the right to rebalance teams is locked until level 24
  • Mindjacking itself takes way too long, and has a crazy loud static noise
  • Your friends are automatically kicked out into the Mindjack static at the start of each level and have to wait to be thrown into someone's body
  • Game freezes and glitches happened to Joe about 8 times in the review

25% off coupon
Can I just print this out and use it? Or is it a unique code and once someone has printed it out and used it 6 times its dead?

Sorry, I never shop at gamestop but this seems like a really good deal and I think there has to be a catch or something. I happen to be going by to pick up a ds game I reserved online yesterday, and this would be awesome.

By the way, remember that most stores will do a return/rebuy if you can only find one game you want at a store. Did that yesterday when I found complete Enslaved at one store but had to go to another for Infamous. They were also nice enough to do it on what I got at the first store so I could get a complete copy of Rhythm Heaven and because the first store gave me a 360 copy of Brutal Legend.
While it might not always work, I have often gotten GameStop to give me full credit for the return of a B1G1 or B2G1 game. On my most recent attempt, I had gotten a couple of ~$20 games and received one free for the same price. I took one of the games back and traded it directly for a $20 new game. I only paid the difference in the sticker prices ($17.99 vs $19.99).

Angry Joe's reviews aren't for everyone. They're much longer than they should be for one, and minor complaints tend to get in the way objectively a lot. I agree with his points most of the time but there are plenty of instances where he just latches onto two or three things to complain about for 30 minutes and never really gave the game a chance in the first place.

That said Mindjack is pure ass. Brink was patched from unbearable to an OK experience for the $3 you'd pay for it.

Is this in-store as well or online only? I hate buying anything used from the GS online store for the sake of getting something that looks beat to hell or getting a value edition of a game.

Congratulations on buying one of the worst games in the past 10 years because you stayed away from Angry Joe's 100% accurate review for absolutely no reason. I hope you have fun listening to static, watching bosses shoot the ground, and restarting your game a dozen times because you glitched and can't move forward.
Hey guess what?

1.I hate Angry Joe.

2.I collect games and can actually give games a chance. Even if I don't like it, which I've never played a game that I didn't enjoy somewhat, I'll just add it to my collection.

And I was talking about Brink, which IS NOT as bad as people make it out to be.

What do you care about what someone else buys? I was giving my opinion to the guy who asked for it. Don't direct your stuff to me because I didn't ask and don't care about anyone's opinions/reviews on games but my own.

And I was talking about Brink, which IS NOT as bad as people make it out to be.
Brink was playable and better than a lot of games but it was not particularly good in any way. It's 70 Metacritic score is pretty accurate but compounded by the fact that it's a dead multi-player focused game.

I think you got that backwards. The 10% PUR is always the last to come off.
According to the receipts I have the PUR discount is always first and the full 10% of the base value. The BDay coupon value is then 20% of that new value. You get the same end result either way regardless.

The OP says it was for yesterday only.
In store signage says the 18th is the last day.

Brink is not as bad as people make it out to be. It was hyped up and hyped up before it came out. It was supposed to be amazing. It got released and it didn't live up to the hype at all. But overall, it's more of a disappointment then being a horrible game. It's certainly worth 5 bucks.

I still think you can save that money and buy a better game, not to mention the online multiplier for brink is dead.

we warned you about mindjack, don't come crying about how terrible the game is.

I still think you can save that money and buy a better game, not to mention the online multiplier for brink is dead.

we warned you about mindjack, don't come crying about how terrible the game is.
Again, I don't care if it's bad, it's added to my collection for free. I bought Singularity and got Mind Jack for free.

Please post if anyone successfully uses the 25% off coupon with the b1g1 free.

I want to get NGS2 $25, and Dead space 2 $18.

Brink was not THAT bad. It was basically a low-tier Team Fortress 2. I enjoyed it enough, and its even has pretty easy achievements. I played it solo, but I can imagine that it's fun with a couple buddies too. Certainly not as bad as something like Yaris.

I like how people get all rustled when someone buys a game they don't like. I like plenty of "bad" games. No one even goes into a game expecting the same thing. Even bugs and things don't always discourage people if they find the core experience entertaining, even if it's only entertaining because it's laughably bad. It's no one's job in any CAG thread to insist someone could have bought a "better game"

I like how people get all rustled when someone buys a game they don't like. I like plenty of "bad" games. No one even goes into a game expecting the same thing. Even bugs and things don't always discourage people if they find the core experience entertaining, even if it's only entertaining because it's laughably bad. It's no one's job in any CAG thread to insist someone could have bought a "better game"
I think people are trying to be helpful, to steer others away from the bad and suggest the good. That's the way I look at it anyways...

Sorry to repost, but I am about to go to gamestop and would like to know before going in.

That 25% off coupon says after 6 uses it won't work anymore. Does that mean if 6 people have already printed it off and used it, when I try to use it won't work anymore? i.e. is it a unique code emailed to select people?

i just used the 25% coupon with a 10$ used along with the birthdag one and pur 10% without an override to snag a ni no kuni for a awsome price of 8$ and change !!! i also used the birthday and 25% one on a used madden 07 and got it for 53 cents. since 1000 points is 1$ worth of points im getting double what i spent on madden :). ill use this combo on a persona 4 golden next

bread's done
Back