Gamestop B2G1 officiallly starts on 11/25 - Dead

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx
Code for online: B2G1FREE

Active Now!

Got confirmation at all 3 immediate stores around me. They will be starting it on Wednesday 11/25/09 all day (none of that 7pm crap) and then it will continue through until Sunday closing as usual. Huzzah! Don't need to crowd in with crazy black friday shoppers!

Edit: Added in that it may start on 11/25 since its apparent there is no way to confirm besides just my word and the managers at the 3 stores I have talked to, this and people are bitching and whining too much, so just going to go with this for now.

[quote name='denos-games']i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)
There was some confusion on if we want to start it on wednesday but decided not to
Any other questions just ask
and as far as the blackfriday ad goes for new releases that are on sale for 39.99 the used prices will stay the same

Happy holidays[/QUOTE]

Noted

Edit: Confirmed and with link (thanks to DJP519),

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

And to the Gamestop "manager" above (and a special dedication to kidu),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFc1RMbko4

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me, or is Gamestop living in another universe? I know they make lots of $ on used games, but all these crazy sales from Amazon, Best Buy, and TRU have got to be seriously invading on their piece of the pie. I used to buy all my games from them, but even though they are LITERALLY across the street from me, I haven't purchased anything from them for about 6 months. Are they not aware that EVERYONE else has WAY better deals on new games? Amazon is now THE place for me to buy games. I've probably saved about $200 or more in 6 months, and that's from maybe 10 games at the most. Anyone else agree? Their B2G1Free sales are NEVER on new games, and the sales are ALWAYS after everyone else has been running them on and off for weeks. There's just no reason to get excited about these sales anymore...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dinovelvet']One day we can hope for the original poster to simultaneously post and complain about the deal![/QUOTE]
But it's true, so I don't understand what you're saying. Most of these 'deals' on this forum aren't really deals, unless you always buy full-priced games. B2G1 Free is excellent if you're getting cheap games because you can spend $5-$10 and get 3 games. There's no way that I would spend $100 just to get 3 used games that just came out. Plus, with the BF deals on New games at almost every big retailer where you can get New Released games for around $35, I see no reason to go to GS for anything other than old games.

[quote name='guermo']Is it just me, or is Gamestop living in another universe? I know they make lots of $ on used games, but all these crazy sales from Amazon, Best Buy, and TRU have got to be seriously invading on their piece of the pie. I used to buy all my games from them, but even though they are LITERALLY across the street from me, I haven't purchased anything from them for about 6 months. Are they not aware that EVERYONE else has WAY better deals on new games? Amazon is now THE place for me to buy games. I've probably saved about $200 or more in 6 months, and that's from maybe 10 games at the most. Anyone else agree?[/QUOTE]
They have a costumer base that wants to quickly go in and buy a game, knowing that they will get it safely right then-and-there. If these people didn't exist, Gamestop would be out of business.

[quote name='guermo']Is it just me, or is Gamestop living in another universe? I know they make lots of $ on used games, but all these crazy sales from Amazon, Best Buy, and TRU have got to be seriously invading on their piece of the pie. I used to buy all my games from them, but even though they are LITERALLY across the street from me, I haven't purchased anything from them for about 6 months. Are they not aware that EVERYONE else has WAY better deals on new games? Amazon is now THE place for me to buy games. I've probably saved about $200 or more in 6 months, and that's from maybe 10 games at the most. Anyone else agree? Their B2G1Free sales are NEVER on new games, and the sales are ALWAYS after everyone else has been running them on and off for weeks. There's just no reason to get excited about these sales anymore...[/QUOTE]
You bet they're aware. They just don't care about it because people will still come to their store and buy overpriced used games. They hardly ever have any deals on New games, unless they're on clearance.
The problem is that they same kind of people who trade games in there are the people who buy games from them. People seriously Trade-in games for $20-$25 a week or so after the release of that game. If they didn't plan on keeping it, why not rent and save $55... I'm not trying to offend anyone, but It's just plain stupid to do something like that. They don't even give you real money; That's how cheap GS is. This is why they get to do stuff like this.

I wonder if I am the only one in this situation.

My edge card expired but I have a hard time convincing myself to spend the 15 bucks to reup the card. It doesnt really feel like i'm "saving" anything at gamestop anymore unless there is a buy 2 get 1 free. In which case I am spending 15 dollars for 3 or 4 exclusive sales a year?

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I wonder if I am the only one in this situation.

My edge card expired but I have a hard time convincing myself to spend the 15 bucks to reup the card. It doesnt really feel like i'm "saving" anything at gamestop anymore unless there is a buy 2 get 1 free. In which case I am spending 15 dollars for 3 or 4 exclusive sales a year?[/QUOTE]
I'd rather use that $15 to get a game or 2 from Walmart or some other store on Black Friday. Walmart will have over 50 games for $7, over 40 games for $10, and over 30 games for $25.

[quote name='guermo']Is it just me, or is Gamestop living in another universe? I know they make lots of $ on used games, but all these crazy sales from Amazon, Best Buy, and TRU have got to be seriously invading on their piece of the pie. I used to buy all my games from them, but even though they are LITERALLY across the street from me, I haven't purchased anything from them for about 6 months. Are they not aware that EVERYONE else has WAY better deals on new games? Amazon is now THE place for me to buy games. I've probably saved about $200 or more in 6 months, and that's from maybe 10 games at the most. Anyone else agree? Their B2G1Free sales are NEVER on new games, and the sales are ALWAYS after everyone else has been running them on and off for weeks. There's just no reason to get excited about these sales anymore...[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Gamestop has not had any B2G1 sale for awhile, which is probably why you have not shopped there for awhile. Amazon always seems to be the place for everyone to shop, so I don't really count that, and the only reason why you have shopped at TRU and BB recently is because they have been running the deals, and if they have not been, you probably wouldn't have given a rats ass anyways. Do you really think they care about selling more new games than other people? They don't make nearly as much money off new games (nor do other places) than if they sold used games, which is the reason why everyone else has been trying to muscle in on their used deals. And to be honest, so far, no one has really been that successfully as far as getting my business on anything used. Maybe I trade in at different places now, but I certainly don't buy much or if anything from any of these companies that are selling used games. Its just stupid to say that GS should compete by putting on sale their new games and gain a little bit of margin, when they can just sell used games and put those on sale and make a huge margin of profit.

I agree that GameStop is on another universe... their prices + "deals" are crap compared to others. You'll probably save more money buying from elsewhere than this considering their games are usually overpriced; I guess unless you have credit to use. I have about $50+ credit, but I think I'll hang on to it.

So does the sale start on Wednesday or Friday? This thread says Wednesday, but the GS Black Friday Ad says, Friday.

???

[quote name='Jimbo1']So does the sale start on Wednesday or Friday? This thread says Wednesday, but the GS Black Friday Ad says, Friday.

???[/QUOTE]

Its Wednesday. I confirmed with all the managers of each store today, and they told me they were going to start it on Wednesday all day.

[quote name='Crusher09']I'd rather use that $15 to get a game or 2 from Walmart or some other store on Black Friday. Walmart will have over 50 games for $7, over 40 games for $10, and over 30 games for $25.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever tried going into a wal mart on BF? UGH! Last year alone I had to park almost a mile form the store.

Wish I hadn't just picked up Borderlands, its not really worth it to return and rebuy. Maybe I'll get lucky on Dragon Age, NBA 2k10, and something else....

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Have you ever tried going into a wal mart on BF? UGH! Last year alone I had to park almost a mile form the store.[/QUOTE]
Well, I don't expect people to go there mainly for the $10 games. I expect them to camp out for the big things. Ofcourse you shouldn't camp out for this, as I'm sure that the games you're looking for at this price will have plenty in stock. Last Year Best Buy had copies of BioShock for $10 in a big bin at my local store on Black Friday. When I came back a day or 2 later, there were still a majority of them left out of the 20+ from that Friday. Now, Bioshock, Far Cry 2, Assassin's Creed, Civilization IV,STALKER, and WOW will only cost $5 on BF. I expect tons of bargin bin deals to be available throughout the Black Friday sales, so you can probably just walk in about 4-5 hours later and still find plenty of copies left. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but my point is that you shouldn't put the cheap games on the top of your list unless you don't have much money to spend this year.

[quote name='J7.']The GS Black Friday Ad says the B2G1 is 3 DAYS ONLY.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what to tell ya. The first GS I walked into, I know the manager pretty well, and he couldn't wait to tell me that it was going to start on Wednesday and will be going on all day, and the following two stores I went to told me the exact same thing. Normally if it wasn't going to happen, they wouldn't be loudly talking to me about it, especially in front of other customers walking in and out of the store. So don't know what to tell you. I would just suggest you go down to a local GS or call them to confirm it for you. I don't know what else to tell you J.

Well hopefully I can get some recently released games used on this. I have used this deal before and it was well worth it (the discs barely even had one scratch). So I don't care that they are used especially since all three of my previous games were in great shape and they have a guarantee. If my games are in stock I am all over this unless something better pops ups.

Well scrap the calling them idea J. Half of the people I called said they weren't having one next week, and the other half of them told me to call back Monday, lol. But the stores I talked to today I did call did confirm they are having it. So not sure what that tells you. Probably nothing, lol. But all the people I did talk to today were all managers, so either theyre the only ones that got the memo, or it may end up being a regional thing. I'll try and get more clarification on this tomorrow when I go there.

Ya, I don't think this is a national deal. Also, I don't think its worthy of its own thread as all other stores are lumped in the Black Friday Deal sticky. There are a lot of great deals on Black Friday and this one is no more worthy of its own thread than some of the others like 2 free games with a PS3.

[quote name='Miro']if only you were so lucky. the Trade 2/4/6 for 10%/20%/40% ends 11/22.[/QUOTE]

Really? There is no end date on the site for it.

If you get the games worth $30 TIV it actually is worth the trip. I have over $200 credit at GS so I don't have to pay tax. I can buy 6 games. And even if only 2 of those have TIV of $30 and the other 4 are 25, then with Edge I make a good profit for basically spending 5 minutes of my time to buy the games and just go down the street to the other GS to trade them in.

37.5+37.5+37.5+37.5+45+45= 240. That's $42 profit in one trip.

I sure do hope the trade 6 get 50% isn't done this Sunday...

[quote name='anthfett06']Really? There is no end date on the site for it.

If you get the games worth $30 TIV it actually is worth the trip. I have over $200 credit at GS so I don't have to pay tax. I can buy 6 games. And even if only 2 of those have TIV of $30 and the other 4 are 25, then with Edge I make a good profit for basically spending 5 minutes of my time to buy the games and just go down the street to the other GS to trade them in.

37.5+37.5+37.5+37.5+45+45= 240. That's $42 profit in one trip.

I sure do hope the trade 6 get 50% isn't done this Sunday...[/QUOTE]

The expiration isn't on the site, but it is posted in the Gamestop Trade thread it expires on 11/22, so youll just have to wait to find out I guess XD

Make sure you guys BUY YOUR GAMES NOW!!!! Don't wait until the sale starts then just return/rebuy that day. Good luck finding all the new games, but seriously, go in with a backup plan.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Frackin finally. Is there any kind soul in Corona who would let me use their edge card? I only buy from gamestop once or twice a year, so getting the edge card is a waste for me, but would love to use it for this one.[/QUOTE]

nyc? if so, then sure, i work a block away from the queens mall.

[quote name='sadunk']Make sure you guys BUY YOUR GAMES NOW!!!! Don't wait until the sale starts then just return/rebuy that day. Good luck finding all the new games, but seriously, go in with a backup plan.[/QUOTE]
How will it work if I buy games now using credit and then return them and rebuy them for cheaper during the sale, how will they give me my credit back?

[quote name='Squarehard']The expiration isn't on the site, but it is posted in the Gamestop Trade thread it expires on 11/22, so youll just have to wait to find out I guess XD[/QUOTE]
It's in their BF ad so it looks like they'll be extending it beyond 11/22, until when who knows.

[quote name='Squarehard']Well scrap the calling them idea J. Half of the people I called said they weren't having one next week, and the other half of them told me to call back Monday, lol. But the stores I talked to today I did call did confirm they are having it. So not sure what that tells you. Probably nothing, lol. But all the people I did talk to today were all managers, so either theyre the only ones that got the memo, or it may end up being a regional thing. I'll try and get more clarification on this tomorrow when I go there.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for checking into it. I really hope it's what the managers told you. Maybe you should mention it's not 100% official in the title/OP in case it turns out to be what their ad says. So people don't get mad at you.

[quote name='J7.']How will it work if I buy games now using credit and then return them and rebuy them for cheaper during the sale, how will they give me my credit back?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean store credit or credit card? But either way, if you paid with store credit, it goes to your EDGE card, if you paid with a credit card, theyll refund it on your credit card with the game you get for free. I do it all the time. Just easier and I don't have to fight the rush. It takes a couple of days, but thats just how it normally takes for refunds to credit. I always get what I want during the B2G1 since I normally have the games like a week in advance XD

[quote name='J7.']
Thanks for checking into it. I really hope it's what the managers told you.[/QUOTE]

Me too J, me too XD.

Well, I thought one response informing me that GS B2G1s are always used was sufficient, but apparently I need PMs like this:

[quote name='shingletingle']You're an idiot. Gamestop B2G1 sales are always on used games only. Why do you need confirmation of that? You're a moron. Don't ever post here again if you don't know what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

That was the most pathetic thing I have ever read.

[quote name='Dynamic3']Well, I thought one response informing me that GS B2G1s are always used was sufficient, but apparently I need PMs like this:

That was the most pathetic thing I have ever read.[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty harsh, even for my standards! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='caltab']Ya, I don't think this is a national deal. Also, I don't think its worthy of its own thread as all other stores are lumped in the Black Friday Deal sticky. There are a lot of great deals on Black Friday and this one is no more worthy of its own thread than some of the others like 2 free games with a PS3.[/QUOTE]

Definitely deserves it's own thread (if legitimate), because it's something people are always asking about. GS's B2G1 is a good way to burn through the credit some people build up via flipping. Around CAG, it's a rather big deal, and it shouldn't just be buried in the Black Friday thread.

I mean Edge. It would be real nice of GS to have the B2G1 start on Wednesday for their core customers who will go in and buy the games they want and leave the weekend for the moms pops & kiddies to get the leftovers. If the core customers don't find what they want they're not gonna buy crap, but the mpk's are. C'mon GS you know that's what should happen!

Last year I bought CoD:W@W, Dead Space, and LittleBigPlanet during this sale.

I haven't finished any of them.

This year I'm looking for Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, and something else.

In 51 weeks, watch for me here talking about how I haven't finished those either.

I probably won't have finished last year's games either.

I am a sad, sad panda.

[quote name='Squarehard']Do you mean store credit or credit card? But either way, if you paid with store credit, it goes to your EDGE card, if you paid with a credit card, theyll refund it on your credit card with the game you get for free. I do it all the time. Just easier and I don't have to fight the rush. It takes a couple of days, but thats just how it normally takes for refunds to credit. I always get what I want during the B2G1 since I normally have the games like a week in advance XD

Me too J, me too XD.[/QUOTE]

So just buy the games a few days before, then go in while the sale is active and ask for a price adjustment or say I want to return them and then rebuy them? That easy?

Might be time for me to load up on old games I've always wanted but have never purchased.

Looking at Assassin's Creed, Bioshock and FEAR 2, along with Mass Effect, Gears of War and FEAR 1, but if I happened to find Borderlands, AC2 and Left 4 Dead 2 all used somehow I'd definitely jump on them. I'm gonna have to try and build some credit within the next week.

[quote name='advanced']So just buy the games a few days before, then go in while the sale is active and ask for a price adjustment or say I want to return them and then rebuy them? That easy?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just bring them in and say you want to repurchase them as B2G1 and they'll gladly do it. As long as its within the return period, you can return them anyways, so normally theyll just return and re ring them up in same transaction and the free game will get zero'd out and you get that back depending on how you paid.

Didn't this start on Wednesday night last year? I vaguely remember that I'd bought CoD:W@W a week before and took it back on Tuesday in prep for the sale. Then world comes down here that it started on Weds. night and I got that again and Dead Space and Saints Row 2. I didn't want the last one - I wanted LBP - but the clerk suggested I get SR2 and then try to find a copy of LBP within the next week. Over the weekend I did and was able to swap 'em even up.

I have a $25 eRewards GC, so I like this sale because even at the lousy $55 point, it's $110 - $11 (Edge) - $25 GC = three games for about $26.15 each (incl. tax). Not too bad. Don't know why people get angry when GS has a sale. They just can't take a break from hating the place, I suppose.

I don't think I should have gotten excited for this sale because I can never find 3 items to make good use of this.

So I'm hoping that they release a good coupon next week (PS2!).

I am excited about this, and have suffiecent credit to get just about everything I want. But I really shouldn't. Just have no time to play these games. Ahh, the life of a cag.

[quote name='Squarehard']Yeah, just bring them in and say you want to repurchase them as B2G1 and they'll gladly do it. As long as its within the return period, you can return them anyways, so normally theyll just return and re ring them up in same transaction and the free game will get zero'd out and you get that back depending on how you paid.[/QUOTE]

Rad. Thanks for the info. My girlfriend and I are extremely happy to hear this. Just for my knowledge, I should buy all three games on the same receipt, right?

[quote name='advanced']Rad. Thanks for the info. My girlfriend and I are extremely happy to hear this. Just for my knowledge, I should buy all three games on the same receipt, right?[/QUOTE]

It doesnt matter if they on same receipt since you may want to go to different stores to get the full selection of games for the deal, just make sure you use the same card so it will be easier for them to just rering you up. Otherwise it may get more complicated.

I have like 3 GS right next to me and another 2 in the area, so normally I end up with like 2-5 receipts when I go back to have them rering it up. But its easier if its on the same receipt so they can return all of the refund to that card, otherwise they can pick which card to return it to, and the system will just randomly pick one.

Good luck hunting!

Thanks again Squarehard. If I use store credit and a card, can I choose to get the refund to the card instead of credit? Sorry I have so many questions, but as you can tell, I'm a noob at this "buy first, get corrected later" thing.

[quote name='advanced']Thanks again Squarehard. If I use store credit and a card, can I choose to get the refund to the card instead of credit? Sorry I have so many questions, but as you can tell, I'm a noob at this "buy first, get corrected later" thing.[/QUOTE]

Actually, funny story with that. But it may not always work. Last time I tried doing half and half like that, the system went retarded, and all of the refund (including store credit) went back to the card strangely. The guy at the register told me that was the only option he was given by the system. How true this is now, well I can't tell ya. You may have to find out ;P.

Sweet, thanks for posting!

I will definitley stop buy Gamestop and see what I can find (want to take advantage of my Edge card :D since I've only used it twice so far)

Don't know if I will buy a lot though, it looks like my Play N Trade is going to have Buy 2 Get 2 this Friday and 50% off all used games on Black Friday. Not sure if I want to deal with crowds at either, but I'm very tempted :bouncy:

Thanks again!

Squarehard said it correctly. Here's the rundown from other people's posts over the last few B2G1 sales. Basically, 3 different stores have 3 different games you want so you buy the 2 at 2 stores and when you take it to the third to exchange them out and get the free game and they have a fit. Even if you explain that a manager at 1 store said you could, then they'll just call up that store and bitch to them. Besides, you really don't want to drive around on the busiest shopping weekend of all year do you? This way, you shop where you want now, then let them handle it. For anyone looking for Uncharted 2, AC2, L4D2.... as soon as that game shows up near you, go buy it. Go to 1 GS and have them look it up in their computer for the closest. Have them call and hold it for you. Saves on driving time as well.

Also, this sale usually pertains to used accessories too. For anyone else wanting to be a smart shopper.... don't buy a $55, $40, and $30 game. You save nothing. Maximize your savings and find 3 like prices.

bread's done
Back