Gamestop B2G1 officiallly starts on 11/25 - Dead

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx
Code for online: B2G1FREE

Active Now!

Got confirmation at all 3 immediate stores around me. They will be starting it on Wednesday 11/25/09 all day (none of that 7pm crap) and then it will continue through until Sunday closing as usual. Huzzah! Don't need to crowd in with crazy black friday shoppers!

Edit: Added in that it may start on 11/25 since its apparent there is no way to confirm besides just my word and the managers at the 3 stores I have talked to, this and people are bitching and whining too much, so just going to go with this for now.

[quote name='denos-games']i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)
There was some confusion on if we want to start it on wednesday but decided not to
Any other questions just ask
and as far as the blackfriday ad goes for new releases that are on sale for 39.99 the used prices will stay the same

Happy holidays[/QUOTE]

Noted

Edit: Confirmed and with link (thanks to DJP519),

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

And to the Gamestop "manager" above (and a special dedication to kidu),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFc1RMbko4

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure this has been mentioned 1 billion times already today, but it looks like Gamestop.com dropped the price of pretty much every new game online by $10 (including Dragon Age, Borderlands, R&C, Uncharted 2, more). Probably not the right thread, but I'm heading out the door from work and was just hoping this might help someone out.

[quote name='myl0r']Correct, however, this b2g1 is most likely not active until Black Friday. OP and word of mouth says starts on Wed., but so far the only printed proof we have from Gamestop says it starts the day after Thanksgiving, so it is best to go by that until it is verified otherwise.[/QUOTE]

So if I go out and buy my games early, say Sunday, I have until the 29th to return them?

That can work out pretty nicely.

Changed the title and edited the first post so all of you bitching in this thread can go do something else now. Not you J, since you're actually giving constructive criticism.

[quote name='Kanik']Has anyone ever had trouble returning a game only to rebuy it immediately?[/QUOTE]

Last b2g1 free, I didn't know about it coming up(with as much as I check CAG, you would have thought I would have known)
Anyways, I had bought a DS game a few days before, and when I went to go buy 2 games, I brought the game with me to see if they would let me return it to get it free. they had no problem with it, but I did get a "Why are you being 'That guy'" look. But I didn't care.

Last year I believe it started on Friday and I went on Wednesday after work to have my games held. I was able to get Gears of War 2, Little Big Planet and Fallout 3 so it's not out of the ordinary to find fairly new titles. Currently, I'm showing multiple stores in my area with MW 2, Borderlands, Demon Souls, Uncharted 2, Dragon Age Origins, etc.

[quote name='Crusher09']You bet they're aware. They just don't care about it because people will still come to their store and buy overpriced used games. They hardly ever have any deals on New games, unless they're on clearance.
The problem is that they same kind of people who trade games in there are the people who buy games from them. People seriously Trade-in games for $20-$25 a week or so after the release of that game. If they didn't plan on keeping it, why not rent and save $55... I'm not trying to offend anyone, but It's just plain stupid to do something like that. They don't even give you real money; That's how cheap GS is. This is why they get to do stuff like this.[/QUOTE]

It will always happen. Myself, I would never trade in a new release to them where they'd give me half it's value and then sell it for only $5 off the RT price. If the game is only a few days old you can easily make all your $ back by throwing it on ebay.

I laugh to myself when the employees answering the phone say "welcome to gamestop where you can get more for your used games"

Last edited by a moderator:
So I made my decisions.

Beatles Rock Band, Borderlands, and Uncharted 2.

Gonna have a great Christmas this year. Thanks for all the help guys, I'll be picking my games up Sunday. ;)

I would love this to be Wednesday. This was the only thing I was going to get up early for. Hoping for Uncharted 2, Borderlands, and something good (Ass. Creed II, L4D2, would be sweet)

I also happened to ask at the gamestop I went to on Tuesday. He said he had no idea what they were doing or when.

I see a lot of people talking about games that you will be able to get NEW for 35-40 dollars on black friday from big box retailers(which covers a ton of newer games). Obviously, if you have gamestop credit(which I know a lot of people have) it may be worth it to get them used instead, but if you don't have credit you should def. checkout the black friday thread to compare prices.

[quote name='caltab']I see a lot of people talking about games that you will be able to get NEW for 35-40 dollars on black friday from big box retailers(which covers a ton of newer games). Obviously, if you have gamestop credit(which I know a lot of people have) it may be worth it to get them used instead, but if you don't have credit you should def. checkout the black friday thread to compare prices.[/QUOTE]

Of course, thats if you want to deal with big box retailers on Black Friday.

[quote name='jza1218']Of course, thats if you want to deal with big box retailers on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

A lot of those big box retailers will have most of those deals online with free shipping and some no tax! I know Amazon mentioned that this year's Black Friday deals will be better than last year.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I know it's probably somewhere in this thread, but will the B2G1 be B&M only? I really would like it online.[/QUOTE]

In the past it has been both. Usually there is a code (B2G1) or something like that, which activates it online.

[quote name='aheineken']In the past it has been both. Usually there is a code (B2G1) or something like that, which activates it online.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, sure enough:

clear.gif
Coupon B2G1 - TESTBuy2 Get 1 Free Used
clear.gif
clear.gif

Doesn't seem to do anything yet though.

and from what I have heard, online still stacks with edge, but not with the cag16 code for extra 16% off.
if cag16 stacked, I would do all my shopping online, and just wait for the games to ship. but since it doesn't, i'd rather have the instant gratification of buying them in store and knowing the condition they are in

Sweetness thanks for answering! I think I'll be getting the rest of my stuff online, then. Since my GS is the only one for about 30-40 minutes I'm pretty sure it'll get hit hard on BF.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Is Gamestop closed on Thanksgiving or are they on Sunday hours or what?[/QUOTE]They're closed, or I hope to God they're closed, since they'll have to start working before dawn on BF. I feel bad for people who have to work retail on holidays. Stores used to be closed and workers could spend time with their families. Now everything's open; what a drag. Unless you're a cop, fireman, doctor/nurse - you know, something really important - you should be able to have holidays off.

Picked up Borderlands, Demon's Souls, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. I got lucky that all three were in the same store. The manager wouldn't "confirm or deny" that the sale was on Wednesday or Saturday, but no biggie to me. I'll just go back in on Friday to return and rebuy.

[quote name='FLiPPiN_OuT']Picked up Borderlands, Demon's Souls, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. I got lucky that all three were in the same store. The manager wouldn't "confirm or deny" that the sale was on Wednesday or Saturday, but no biggie to me. I'll just go back in on Friday to return and rebuy.[/QUOTE]

You should be careful then because GS return policy counts the day you purchased the games into the 7 day return period, so if you were planning to do give yourself enough time by Friday to bring em back in just in case its not on Wednesday, you should have them rering it up from tomorrow on so you will fall within that 7 day period. Otherwise your return is only good until Thursday, which of course means they aren't opened, so just be careful.

Went to a couple other stores in my area that was a little out of the way, but they both confirmed to me what I was already told by the previous 3 stores that they were going to start it on Wednesday instead of Friday.

I went to two gamestops today. Ended up picking up Uncharted 2 and Borderlands to return/rebuy during the b2g1. I asked at both places about the sale. The first guy didn't even know if they were having one. The second guy said they were and that it started Friday. When I asked about the possibility of a Wednesday start he said it's definitely probable. That the last couple of years they have a recieved a call on Wednesday mid day and told to go ahead and start the sale. Just passing on what I was told.

Ended up picking up uncharted 2 and Brutal legend today for return rebuy, my manager said he didnt know when it was gonna start, probably friday.

You should be careful then because GS return policy counts the day you purchased the games into the 7 day return period, so if you were planning to do give yourself enough time by Friday to bring em back in just in case its not on Wednesday, you should have them rering it up from tomorrow on so you will fall within that 7 day period. Otherwise your return is only good until Thursday, which of course means they aren't opened, so just be careful.

I've never had a problem returned stuff on the same day the following week. 7th or 8th day depending on how u count it. Has anyone else encountered problems? I picked up borderlands, demon souls and ratchet and clank all at 1 store on Friday. I asked them when the sale started and they said Friday and just to bring them back next week to get the deal.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']I've never had a problem returned stuff on the same day the following week. 7th or 8th day depending on how u count it. Has anyone else encountered problems? I picked up borderlands, demon souls and ratchet and clank all at 1 store on Friday. I asked them when the sale started and they said Friday and just to bring them back next week to get the deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying that it's going to happen but your post is a "horrible GS experience" waiting to happen. Imagine if you return next Friday and you are helped by a GS employee that follows the company's policies to the letter, you would be screwed. A "Lamestop Sucks" thread would follow and fun would be had by all.

It really depends on the GS employee that is at the register. I tried to return a copy of Prince of Persia CE (without the 2nd disc) on the 8th day and the clerk told me that the day that I bought it counted as the first day. I acted dumb and told him that they never explained that to me when I bought the game. He told me that he would do it this time but he was very apprehensive about it.

I'm sure that if the clerk had been a hardass, he would've denied the return. I gave him a pre-order since he was cool about it.

[quote name='emg28']...I'm sure that if the clerk had been a hardass, he would've denied the return. I gave him a pre-order since he was cool about it.[/QUOTE]

QFT. Whenever a GS employee goes above and beyond I figure out some game to put a pre-order on as well.

:gc:
Batallion Wars
1080: Avalanche
FZero GX
Pikmin
Resident Evil Zero
Animal Crossing
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Resident Evil 3

$74 after edge... $34 out of pocket after trading in an E74 xbox I got with some games. Checked at my local store today.. all the above games are complete with box and manuals. niiiice. Doubt they will be gone before then, most of that stuff hasn't moved from my local store since it opened.

I did this a few years ago and the selection sucked as the good games were $54.99 so I just got $20 games instead or cheaper. I hope Gamestop does this again at Christmas time as I don't have money for Black Friday.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']:gc:
Batallion Wars
1080: Avalanche
FZero GX
Pikmin
Resident Evil Zero
Animal Crossing
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Resident Evil 3

$74 after edge... $34 out of pocket after trading in an E74 xbox I got with some games. Checked at my local store today.. all the above games are complete with box and manuals. niiiice. Doubt they will be gone before then, most of that stuff hasn't moved from my local store since it opened.[/QUOTE]

You could probably get $30-35 for Code Veronica X. That's the most valuable RE game on GC.

FYI, their Black Friday ad says that they have a B2G1 for "3 days only" so probably Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday OR Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

[quote name='dabamus']FYI, their Black Friday ad says that they have a B2G1 for "3 days only" so probably Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday OR Friday, Saturday, Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Quite Right .. and looking at the ad-scan on theblackfriday.com the small print under the B2G1 banner reads "Offer Valid 11/27-11/29" ... so Friday - Sunday

I think I need to send my 360 so Im going to pick up PS2 and gamecube games to keep me busy while that is out.

[quote name='dabamus']FYI, their Black Friday ad says that they have a B2G1 for "3 days only" so probably Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday OR Friday, Saturday, Sunday.[/QUOTE]

i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)
There was some confusion on if we want to start it on wednesday but decided not to
and as far as the blackfriday ad goes for new releases that are on sale for 39.99 the used prices will stay the same

Happy holidays

[quote name='denos-games']i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)

Happy holidays[/QUOTE]

That makes a lot more sense than starting it on a Wednesday... especially if they're closed on Thursday.

never been to gamestop on black friday what should i expect should i show up a little ahead of time or treat it like any other day

[quote name='moretopride']never been to gamestop on black friday what should i expect should i show up a little ahead of time or treat it like any other day[/QUOTE]it depends on the gamestop in your area. Where I live there are 4 gamestop stores. The ones in the mall are usually more crowded than the others, but really it depends on the store. Go early just in case.:)

Square, instead of moving this thread to the graveyard, you might as well convert it into a discussion thread for the upcoming B2G1 (which it already is)

No point in wasting a perfectly good set of data.

Happy holidays[/QUOTE]

My district will start on wed.

[quote name='moretopride']never been to gamestop on black friday what should i expect should i show up a little ahead of time or treat it like any other day[/QUOTE]

If you are looking for new games that have been out for only a month or so, you can treat it like another day. Especially if you are going for games that have been in the store for a few years.

[quote name='breezee']My district will start on wed.[/QUOTE]

Will be YMMV i am told its friday, saturday, sunday only

I suggest leaving it up because may be on wednesday in some areas

As opposed to sending it to the graveyard

well imma keep it open actually, cuz I went down to my stores again just to check again and they told me its still Wednesday, so its probably YMMV, so I'll just keep it up anyways.

To the gamestop managers, the batman game is $39.99 from 6-11 a.m on black friday so once it's passed 11, the game will be full price again at $59.99?

[quote name='unknownthreat']To the gamestop managers, the batman game is $39.99 from 6-11 a.m on black friday so once it's passed 11, the game will be full price again at $59.99?[/QUOTE]

Yes as that is a doorbuster (doorbusters are only valid for the times specified) In this case 6 A.M. to 11 A.M.

How about return/rebuy. I picked up games on Friday and someone else mentioned that next Friday will be the 8th day so I could run into problems trying to get the b2 g1. I've done it a few times without any problems but just wanted to see if that is actually the case and I could get shot down. Thanks.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']How about return/rebuy. I picked up games on Friday and someone else mentioned that next Friday will be the 8th day so I could run into problems trying to get the b2 g1. I've done it a few times without any problems but just wanted to see if that is actually the case and I could get shot down. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You are not sopose to be able to do this however some stores may alow it
If they dont, talk to the manager about it, when people talk to me about it i will allow it as long as they are nice about it

bread's done
Back