Gamestop B2G1 officiallly starts on 11/25 - Dead

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx
Code for online: B2G1FREE

Active Now!

Got confirmation at all 3 immediate stores around me. They will be starting it on Wednesday 11/25/09 all day (none of that 7pm crap) and then it will continue through until Sunday closing as usual. Huzzah! Don't need to crowd in with crazy black friday shoppers!

Edit: Added in that it may start on 11/25 since its apparent there is no way to confirm besides just my word and the managers at the 3 stores I have talked to, this and people are bitching and whining too much, so just going to go with this for now.

[quote name='denos-games']i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)
There was some confusion on if we want to start it on wednesday but decided not to
Any other questions just ask
and as far as the blackfriday ad goes for new releases that are on sale for 39.99 the used prices will stay the same

Happy holidays[/QUOTE]

Noted

Edit: Confirmed and with link (thanks to DJP519),

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

And to the Gamestop "manager" above (and a special dedication to kidu),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFc1RMbko4

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Squarehard']Actually, funny story with that. But it may not always work. Last time I tried doing half and half like that, the system went retarded, and all of the refund (including store credit) went back to the card strangely. The guy at the register told me that was the only option he was given by the system. How true this is now, well I can't tell ya. You may have to find out ;P.[/QUOTE]

I'll let everyone know. And thanks again Squarehand, I appreciate it.

I sure want Assassins Creed 2, Madden 10 and Uncharted 2.

Though, I've come to terms that I doubt I'll be able to get AC2 this close to it's release.

give me another suggestion to pick up with madden 10 and uc2

oh man, apparently there's a used L4D2 already at a gamestop near me. might go check it out tomorrow and then do a return/rebuy with the b2g1 next week.

Thanks squarehead for posting this now come the hard part which games do I decide to get since
I be getting a ps3 this christmas and already own 360,ps2,gamecube

Any decent deals on used games?
COD: World at War used was like close to $50 STILL last time I checked.

[quote name='mystikal1000']Are you sure the B2G1 free is for new games? In the Black Market ad, it shows only for used games...for 3 days.[/QUOTE]
Yes, 100% positive. It's always for new games. Have you ever seen otherwise?
I'm a liar
or am I?
You're the liar
STOP IT

The Black Market aint what it used to be if they're handing out ads now.

If you have store credit I understand, but personally I would rather purchase new games with the b2g1 deal from Amazon and the big name retailers. If you shop around there are always promotions out there for BRAND NEW GAMES especially during Black Friday. Gamestop should have a b1g1 USED GAMES and that would be a slick deal. Seems like lots of Gamestop employees here giving this deal a 5 star rating.

[quote name='Matrix813']Does the EB Edge card work with the B2G1. Getting an additional $10 off more would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it does.

Too bad after the bust of the last rumored b2g1, I just said screw it and used my credit to get GoW2 LE and Blue Blaze LE. With all that Ive gotten, dunno if theres much else to spend my credit on. At least this is a legit post this time. Good looking out OP.

I'll need to find a third cheap game for this. Been planning to pick up the GBA Golden Sun games for a while, so I'll take advantage if I have the time.

[quote name='Dynamic3']Well, I thought one response informing me that GS B2G1s are always used was sufficient, but apparently I need PMs like this:

That was the most pathetic thing I have ever read.[/QUOTE]

Dynamic - don't be too upset. Consider the source.

Shingletingle is practically retarded. If you check his post count, it's really low because he somehow gets them all deleted. Either by mods or because he's wrong and deletes it himself. I'm surprised he didn't throw in a rant in your PM about Microsoft and the RROD while he was at it.

[quote name='dino88']It only took until post #3, wow! Is that a new record?[/QUOTE]

And it only took 1 post for someone to complain about the guy complaining about the deal. That's a new record for sure!

[quote name='sadunk']Make sure you guys BUY YOUR GAMES NOW!!!! Don't wait until the sale starts then just return/rebuy that day. Good luck finding all the new games, but seriously, go in with a backup plan.[/QUOTE]
you can do this?

I'm glad I didn't preorders L4D2 a bunch of stores around me already have used copies. Headed out to pick 1 up now.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']I'm glad I didn't preorders L4D2 a bunch of stores around me already have used copies. Headed out to pick 1 up now.[/QUOTE]

If you search the gamestop website, they might have it listed used in your area but in store, they can't sell it until 14-15 days pass. Please report back if you are sucessful on picking it up used in store.

[quote name='winb83']you can do this?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has a 7 day return policy on all their used games, so if you purchase it say on Friday and bring it back Wednesday to do the deal, you are still within your return period. Keep in mind it wont work if you bring it back outside of the return period since GS technically do not do price guarantees like other retailers. They have to return then resell it, so it has to be within the return period. Good luck.

[quote name='unknownthreat']If you search the gamestop website, they might have it listed used in your area but in store, they can't sell it until 14-15 days pass. Please report back if you are sucessful on picking it up used in store.[/QUOTE]
That is only a local law, not nationwide. My gamestop does not have restrictions like that, and told me they had a copy of MW2 come in on release day(guy wanted it for another system) so they sold it within like 5 min.

As for this deal, I've got $140 credit to burn. Hoping for
AC2, L4D2, ????(Nothing stands out that is a must have. Halo 3 ODST? Dragon Age? Wet? Batman?)

[quote name='unknownthreat']If you search the gamestop website, they might have it listed used in your area but in store, they can't sell it until 14-15 days pass. Please report back if you are sucessful on picking it up used in store.[/QUOTE]

I think that rule is only in certain states (pawn shop law). I've always been able to pick up new releases used, usually within a week or so of release...in fact, I will be picking up COD:MW2 today (returning my still sealed copy) and then do the return/rebuy next Wednesday during the B2G1

[quote name='h2dk']I think that rule is only in certain states (pawn shop law). I've always been able to pick up new releases used, usually within a week or so of release...in fact, I will be picking up COD:MW2 today (returning my still sealed copy) and then do the return/rebuy next Wednesday during the B2G1[/QUOTE]

Re we still waiting for confirmation that it starts Wednesday. not Friday?

[quote name='guermo']Is it just me, or is Gamestop living in another universe? I know they make lots of $ on used games, but all these crazy sales from Amazon, Best Buy, and TRU have got to be seriously invading on their piece of the pie. I used to buy all my games from them, but even though they are LITERALLY across the street from me, I haven't purchased anything from them for about 6 months. Are they not aware that EVERYONE else has WAY better deals on new games? Amazon is now THE place for me to buy games. I've probably saved about $200 or more in 6 months, and that's from maybe 10 games at the most. Anyone else agree? Their B2G1Free sales are NEVER on new games, and the sales are ALWAYS after everyone else has been running them on and off for weeks. There's just no reason to get excited about these sales anymore...[/QUOTE]

Fortunately I get involved as an adult with my kids playing games so I look for the best deal as well. I can say that if I didn't the default place for my wife to take the boys would be Gamestop. All of the other parents I know go there for their kids. Shopping online for deals or heading to various local stores some feel is not worth the time. Quick one stop shopping for everything (mostly). Although at some point these deals from the other major retailers is going to hit Gamestop hard. They have way too many stores for long term sustainment with the competition.

[quote name='kidu']OK, just to play devil's advocate:

http://www.blackfday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/blackfday.com-gamestop.pdf

The BF ad says the B2G1 is "3 Days Only" and that those days are 11/27-11-29 (page 2 of the pdf).

I wouldn't get your hopes up for the Wednesday before, especially not at store opening.[/QUOTE]

You should get in line then, because you're like the 10th person that has said the exact same thing and posted the exact same thing. The devil sure has a lot of advocates, wonder how much hes actually paying any of you.

[quote name='Squarehard']You should get in line then, because you're like the 10th person that has said the exact same thing and posted the exact same thing. The devil sure has a lot of advocates, wonder how much hes actually paying any of you.[/QUOTE]

Well, we'll see. I just called the 6 closest GSs to me, 1 said they didn't know yet, the other 5 said Friday (not Wednesday).

And the national BF ad says Friday.

And even you said you called a bunch of stores that wouldn't confirm. (page 4)

And the Thanksgiving B2G1 has started on Black Friday for like, 7-8 years running.

All signs point to....Friday.

So some of you really think you can get new release games used like assassin creed 2, l4d2, borderlands, mw2, etc all at the same store? Don't you think someone else in your state plans on doing the same thing? The chances are low....very low. =p

[quote name='unknownthreat']So some of you really think you can get new release games used like assassin creed 2, l4d2, borderlands, mw2, etc all at the same store? Don't you think someone else in your state plans on doing the same thing? The chances are low....very low. =p[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Plenty of folks have posted success in getting a bunch of newer games at once during B2G1 sales. The thing is, obviously, the more games you're looking for, the better shot you have at finding three you want. The last B2G1 I took part in netted me Fallout 3, Guitar Hero World Tour, and EndWar all within a week or two of their release.

Guy at gamestop said it would be starting on Friday. But then he went on to say that he saw a rumor on Cheapassgamer.com that the deal was starting on Wednesday, so he wasn't sure and couldn't confirm until Monday when they receive their weekly communication.

[quote name='unknownthreat']So some of you really think you can get new release games used like assassin creed 2, l4d2, borderlands, mw2, etc all at the same store? Don't you think someone else in your state plans on doing the same thing? The chances are low....very low. =p[/QUOTE]

this is totally incorrect. I've always been able to get brand new releases used during these sales, in fact I can't think of a time i didn't find a new release I wanted, including ones that had come out less than a week before the sale started. If you check the online inventory store checker in the morning when it updates and go to the store when they open you shouldn't have much problem.

[quote name='dinovelvet']One day we can hope for the original poster to simultaneously post and complain about the deal![/QUOTE]

lol! It will happen soon.

just an FYI - the GameStop on Grindstone in Columbia, MO had two USED copies of Left 4 Dead 2 - there's one left now (duh ;) ), but the other one didnt have a manual (wtf?). just a heads up in case anyone wants to placehold a game before this B2G1.

[quote name='Mizzou75']just an FYI - the GameStop on Grindstone in Columbia, MO had two USED copies of Left 4 Dead 2 - there's one left now (duh ;) ), but the other one didnt have a manual (wtf?). just a heads up in case anyone wants to placehold a game before this B2G1.[/QUOTE]

I'd be careful with that. You're going to be outside the return period as this is starting on Friday most likely. Going to need to return/rebuy twice.

[quote name='hobbie8046']I'd be careful with that. You're going to be outside the return period as this is starting on Friday most likely. Going to need to return/rebuy twice.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably not going to to be honest. I shouldn't have even bought this with my current backlog and Christmas coming up, but I've been itching to kill some zombies again.

[quote name='hobbie8046']I'd be careful with that. You're going to be outside the return period as this is starting on Friday most likely. Going to need to return/rebuy twice.[/QUOTE]

The 7 day return policy, the first day of it is the day you purchase the game, right?

[quote name='advanced']The 7 day return policy, the first day of it is the day you purchase the game, right?[/QUOTE]

Correct, however, this b2g1 is most likely not active until Black Friday. OP and word of mouth says starts on Wed., but so far the only printed proof we have from Gamestop says it starts the day after Thanksgiving, so it is best to go by that until it is verified otherwise.

[quote name='Squarehard']You should get in line then, because you're like the 10th person that has said the exact same thing and posted the exact same thing. The devil sure has a lot of advocates, wonder how much hes actually paying any of you.[/QUOTE]
You should put it in the OP/title or you'll just see more posts about it. Since it's not official, it's best to give everyone all the information that would help them. It will look a lot worse if those managers are wrong and you misinformed people.

[quote name='J7.']You should put it in the OP/title or you'll just see more posts about it. Since it's not official, it's best to give everyone all the information that would help them. It will look a lot worse if those managers are wrong and you misinformed people.[/QUOTE]

100% agreed. The "Officially" in the title is completely false. The only semi "official" word is the BF ad, which says 3 days only, 11/27-11/29. At best this is a YMMV, and should say so in the thread title.

[quote name='KingAdrock99']And it only took 1 post for someone to complain about the guy complaining about the deal. That's a new record for sure![/QUOTE]

My post was #5, his was #3. I keep coming up with 2 posts, but maybe I'm doing the math wrong.

I'm pretty sure last year's sale did indeed start on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I recall hitting two or three stores after work looking for certain new release games. No reason to think this year will be different. While GS may be promoting this as a 3-day sale, they tend to "surprise" start them early.

Can't wait for this deal. Got a bro-in-law that can put aside some newer used games and utilize his 15% employee discount plus my 10% EDGE card. Should get some nice X-mas presents for the kids.

bread's done
Back