Gamestop Game Days Sale June 2nd + 10% off coupon - LISTS ARE IN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevzik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LISTS ARE IN - BIG UPS TP TAMMY P AND MASTER SHAKE

[quote name='Master Shake']ps3 official list
condemned 2 29.99
def jam icon 19.99
harry potter 00tp 19.99
nba homecourt 19.99
timeshift 29.99
viking 29.99
virtua fighter 5 19.99
virtua tennis 3 19.99

xbox 360

battlefield 19.99
battlestations midway 19.99
burnout revenge 19.99
command and conquer 19.99
condemned 2 29.99
def jam icon 19.99
fear 19.99
godfather 19.99
just cause 19.99
nba homecourt 19.99
need for speed carbon 19.99
sega superstar tennis 14.99
sonic 14.99
timeshift 19.99
viking 29.99
virtua tennis 3 19.99

wii official list

ben 10 14.99
fishing master 14.99
godfather 19.99
hot whees 19.99
house of dead 1 & 2 19.99 (17.99 with coupon) I think best deal
mario & sonic 29.99
mortal kombat 19.99
naruto 19.99
puppy luv 19.99
sega tennis 19.99
sims pet 2 19.99
sonic secret rings 19.99
sonic riders 19.99
super monkey 19.99
the bigs 19.99

pc games

diablo 2 lord of 9.99
dirty dancing (shure to sell a million) 9.99
guild wars eye of the north 14.99 (excellent price)
tabula rising collectors 29.99
tabula rising 14.99
warcraft 3 frozen throne 9.99
warcraft battlechest WOW ed 29.99
zoo tycoon complete 9.99

ds official list

atv/monter truck 9.99
baby pals 19.99
ben 10 14.99
dementium 14.99
digimon dawn 19.99
digimon dusk 19.99
diner dash 14.99
EA play ground 9.99
mario ans sonic 14.99
nervous breakdown 14.99
puppy luv 9.99
rafa tennis 19.99
sega tennis 14.99
sonic rush 14.99
super monkey ball 14.99
uno/ski o/ uno freefall 9.99
worms 2 9.99

PSP

after burner 19.99
atari evolved 9.99
ben 10 14.99
blitz 9.99
brave story 19.99
crazy taxi 19.99 - terible price in my opion
downstream panic 14.99
full auto 2 14.99
harvest moon 14.99
hot wheels ul racing 9.99
juiced 2 9.99
midway arcade ext plAY 9.99
MONTER HUNTER 2 - 19.99 *** BEST DEAL FOR SURE
mortal kombat deception - 9.99
sega collection - 14.99
sonic rivals - 14.99
street fighter alpha 3 max - 9.99 *** ok price
valhalla knights 19.99 - good price if you dont have it with 10% off coupon
worms 2 - 14.99

ps2

ace combat zero - 19.99
ben 10 14.99
cabelas alaskian 14.99
destroy all humans 1 0r 2 9.99
bragon ball z 3 19.99, 1 and 2 9.99
godzilla unleashed 19.99
hitman trilogy 19.99 - actullay really good price with extr 10% OFF FOR ALL 3 BRAND NEW GAMES
JAWS - 9.99
KATAMARI DAMACY - 9.99 AWSOME DEAL IF YOU GET SEALED
mortal k arma - 9.99
namco 50th 14.99
nicktoons unite 9.99
odin sperhe - 19.99 - can anyone argur with the 10% off coupon
scarface 9.99
sega gen collection 9.99
sega super star tenis 19.99
shadow the hedgehog 9.99
sonic heroes 9.99
sonic mega colection 9.99
sonic riders 9.99 (funny i think they just broke down the sonic 3 pack that was 29.99 for these
soul calibur 3 - 9.99
tomb raider legend - 9.99

umd list all are 4.99 - 4.49 with coupon
7 seconds
anacondas 2
are we there yet
bewitched
big hit
boogeyman
the cave
charlies agels
cowboy bebop
creatur comforts season 1
crouching tiger
dark crystal
deuce big europe
excorcism of emily
fifth elm
the fog 2005
fun with dick
godzilla
godzilla final wars
grudge
guess who
heavy metal
hellboy
hollow man
hostel
house of flying daggers
into the blue
joe dirt
kung fu hustle
labrynth
layer cake
legend of zorro
man of the house
mask of zorro
mirormask
not another teen movie - early Jamie pressly movie - she's soo hot
one upon mexico
rent
replacement killers
reidenr evil
RE apoc
richard pryor live
spider-man animated series
starship troopers
stealth
steamboy
stuart little 1 and 2 (both on one umd)
stuart 3
when a stranger calls
XXX state of un
you got served
zathura[/quote]

UPDATE: May 26

Yeah...still no list, BUT

CAGs have been mentioning lists received by stores and new price markings taking place. Its all a matter of us drilling employees for info or attaining the list.
-----------------------------------------------

Just noticed the Game days sale ad in the latest game informer. Last year's sale was pretty decent so its worth a thread. I'll try to post the ad and coupon later. Best part is the coupon doesn't say anything about being void if copied. No specifics yet on the sale.

"Hundreds of games and accessories up to 50% off"

Things to note:
- Should stack with edge (assuming there are used deals).
- Offer ends 6/30/08
- If you know the specifics, let us know!

Canada's Sale ( not known to be the same as the one here in the states)
http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Here's the scan...

gamedays.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='freakyzeeky']High-res scan of coupon...

GDCoupon.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='Darthjer']"Oh no... Honey... Close the bag and DO NOT look inside!... Close it!... I think your copy of Worms 2 has HAD THE PLASTIC REMOVED!... It's ok. Calm down. Take deep breaths. It'll be ok... We'll try to fix it. Just don't look at it... Hand the bag to me slowly. No! Don't look inside!" KA-BOOM!

There isn't anybody that likes gutted games, but this ain't the thread for the debate.[/quote]

Hahahahaha. That made my day sir, thank you.

I have to say that I really do appreciate the intelligent level of debate/discussion on this thread. It's actually really nice to see for once :)

SirChadlyOC:

1) I have pre-ordered special editions months (sometimes almost a year in advance) and when I went to pick them up at Gamestop they still had put the price tags on them. When I went to pull of the stickers...residue/gunk left on them. Maybe Gamestop should use less corrosive price stickers (the kind that FYE use even for their used games come off with 0 residue).

2) I like the idea of ordering from their website, which is actually what I ended up doing for Chaos Wars, but it's not always an option. Not to mention I've had problems with their website in the past (sending me the wrong game, sending me empty cases, sending me crushed boxes, etc.). They're usually good with resolving issues, but the fact that so many issues have risen in the past I'm wary everytime I order from them. Ordering a used game from their website almost guarantees (at least from my experience) you will get a generic case, no manual and typically many scratches. Last time I ordered I got a complete game but the box had a sticker that said "Defective - Do Not Sell" ... that doesn't make me feel really great about ordering special collector's editions from them =P

3) I will admit that if you had every game new that it would pile up fast, but the fact is they could easily at least keep 2-3 copies of every game sealed in the back without causing any real space issue. If items are really selling that fast that they can't keep up with it, isn't that a good thing? If their stock really is so horrendous then perhaps they can fill online orders from their stores for all of their "Not available online, please check store" items. It seems to me if they had sealed copies available in stores that it would work out rather well for both the stores (increased sales) and the website (better availability). Seems win/win to me.

4) Okay glad to know gutting is an official Gamestop term :) Now I can use it without offending anyone. I meant "mucked up" in the sense that the manual often has creases/dents (some even had staple marks in the games at my store) or that the discs have light-to-deep scratches. My copy of Final Fantasy XII : CE which I bought new had deep scratches in the metal casing and was told that it happened when they were opening up the case to take out the discs. Point and case right there.

5) I didn't mean to say that Gamestop should rate their discs. I just meant that in reality an opened new disc is the same as a used disc that is in near mint condition. They will gladly sell you the game I trade in as used (which stacks with Edge Discount/Coupons) but an opened new game is treated as if it was a collector's item/sealed copy when in reality it is not. I have no problem paying a premium for new games, but if I'm going to pay a premium they should be NEW. That's how I see it anyhow.

6) It's true that if they have a lot of copies then they can search for a better copy, but I've had issues where buying it from one store and trying to return it to another wasn't allowed. In theory they do allow it, but even in my mall (which has 3 Gamestops oddly) they often will not allow me to go to one store and buy a copy that is complete (but with lots of scratches) and exchange it for a disc only version that is near mint. Of course in theory I could buy both and then mix-and-match and return the inferior copy, but many would argue that it is a little sketchy to do so.

I appreciate your comments :) Sorry to anyone if I come off as snobby and snippy. I'm not at all. I am extremely picky with games as they're my greatest hobby and such, but I don't look down upon people that buy games just to play them and trade them back.

I view games the same I would comic books, Collectable Card Games, etc. I buy comics to read them, but at the same time I know many people collect comics to keep in their sleeves in perfect, MINT condition. You would never go to a comic store and ask to read their X-Men Issue #1 that's worth several thousand dollars, take it out, accidentally crease a page or two, slip it back in the case and have the comic store sell it as "new". It just wouldn't fly.

Same goes with Rare Magic the Gathering cards. If a card is extremely rare and worth several hundred dollars you could still play with it in tournaments and such, and people do, but for a collector a worn-out card is not the same as a crisp mint version. I'm not sure why games should be any different. If you buy a new game, it should be new.

Simple solution if "gutted" games bother you walk away. If there's enough lost business due to games being "gutted", GS will have to change their "gutting" policy. However, if you continue to settle for gutted games than GS will feel no financial hurt and the policy will remain.

As for me, I walked in, saw the gutted games, and walked away. Deals, nowadays, are a dime a dozen.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']The Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 expansions are Mac-only? WTF is this shit?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can play those on both Macs and PCs.

[quote name='djgcue']Simple solution if "gutted" games bother you walk away. If there's enough lost business due to games being "gutted", GS will have to change their "gutting" policy. However, if you continue to settle for gutted games than GS will feel no financial hurt and the policy will remain.

As for me, I walked in, saw the gutted games, and walked away. Deals, nowadays, are a dime a dozen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's really the bottom line. If you don't like it, don't buy gutted games at new game prices. I've never hesitated to walk away from the counter at GS before when I wanted a sealed game to keep in pristine condition. I've also had no problem buying gutted games that I know I'll play the hell out of and really don't care what condition they stay in.

[quote name='goomba478']I have to say that I really do appreciate the intelligent level of debate/discussion on this thread. ... ... ...[/quote]

Everything that both sides would say, has already been said many times in discussions about gutting on every video game website ever. As you didn't know the term, you probably haven't seen those around... As has been said, nobody likes gutting, except Gamestop, who enjoys not having their stuff stolen. Since it's their store, our choices are

1) Live with it and buy from them.
or
2) Shop elsewhere.

There is no way on Earth that they don't know that people hate it. But it is their store. Choose 2 enough and they'll have to stop.

In the meantime, we tried House of the Dead 2 & 3 on the Wii last night and had some fun. Thanks again, subbys!

[quote name='Over easy']I'm pretty sure you can play those on both Macs and PCs.[/quote]

Indeed. Blizzard makes their games compatible with both Windows and Mac OS.

[quote name='goomba478']1) I have pre-ordered special editions months (sometimes almost a year in advance) and when I went to pick them up at Gamestop they still had put the price tags on them. When I went to pull of the stickers...residue/gunk left on them. Maybe Gamestop should use less corrosive price stickers (the kind that FYE use even for their used games come off with 0 residue).

2) I like the idea of ordering from their website, which is actually what I ended up doing for Chaos Wars, but it's not always an option. Not to mention I've had problems with their website in the past (sending me the wrong game, sending me empty cases, sending me crushed boxes, etc.). They're usually good with resolving issues, but the fact that so many issues have risen in the past I'm wary everytime I order from them. Ordering a used game from their website almost guarantees (at least from my experience) you will get a generic case, no manual and typically many scratches. Last time I ordered I got a complete game but the box had a sticker that said "Defective - Do Not Sell" ... that doesn't make me feel really great about ordering special collector's editions from them =P

3) I will admit that if you had every game new that it would pile up fast, but the fact is they could easily at least keep 2-3 copies of every game sealed in the back without causing any real space issue. If items are really selling that fast that they can't keep up with it, isn't that a good thing? If their stock really is so horrendous then perhaps they can fill online orders from their stores for all of their "Not available online, please check store" items. It seems to me if they had sealed copies available in stores that it would work out rather well for both the stores (increased sales) and the website (better availability). Seems win/win to me.

4) Okay glad to know gutting is an official Gamestop term :) Now I can use it without offending anyone. I meant "mucked up" in the sense that the manual often has creases/dents (some even had staple marks in the games at my store) or that the discs have light-to-deep scratches. My copy of Final Fantasy XII : CE which I bought new had deep scratches in the metal casing and was told that it happened when they were opening up the case to take out the discs. Point and case right there.

5) I didn't mean to say that Gamestop should rate their discs. I just meant that in reality an opened new disc is the same as a used disc that is in near mint condition. They will gladly sell you the game I trade in as used (which stacks with Edge Discount/Coupons) but an opened new game is treated as if it was a collector's item/sealed copy when in reality it is not. I have no problem paying a premium for new games, but if I'm going to pay a premium they should be NEW. That's how I see it anyhow.

6) It's true that if they have a lot of copies then they can search for a better copy, but I've had issues where buying it from one store and trying to return it to another wasn't allowed. In theory they do allow it, but even in my mall (which has 3 Gamestops oddly) they often will not allow me to go to one store and buy a copy that is complete (but with lots of scratches) and exchange it for a disc only version that is near mint. Of course in theory I could buy both and then mix-and-match and return the inferior copy, but many would argue that it is a little sketchy to do so.[/quote]

1. Oh man, I sure agree with you that I wish the stickers were ...less sticky. I think they are better now than they used to be a few years ago, but that might be simply because stickers that have been on there for several years are stuck harder than newly placed stickers.

As for picking up a reserved game with a price tag on it, I agree this is bad practice, but it's also the first I've heard of it. Maybe the GameStop you frequently visit is worse than most. After living in the Columbus area, I've found that some GameStops are less pleasant. At some locations, the regular employees are less friendly or helpful, management cares less about customers, whatever. But the one I go to has excellent customer service, and that's why I keep coming back. Here's an example: my GameStop refuses to use the clear, circular stickers that seal a gutted game. Instead, they use the same stickers that are used for price tags, but before they're printed on. These come off much easier.

2. GameStop recently overhauled their Web site a few months ago, and I think it was largely because of bad customer service. Now, you can finally use EDGE cards and giftcards there, which didn't used to work for some unknown reason. I haven't heard if buying used games from there is more successful than it used to be, but I can say that whenever stores are forced to ship products back to the warehouse, they send the crappiest versions in the store, which leaves the best copies at its original location. I would assume that it would be safe to order new games from them, but I haven't tried it myself.

3. GameStops do have several sealed copies of games in store. The problems with gutted games only occur when the game is the last one in stock, which is more common with older games because they are less likely to be replenished with more shipments.

4. Again, this sounds like your GameStop sucks. I would hope that most GameStops don't have this problem.

5. I see your point, but to me, I see the difference between "New" and "Used" as whether it has been played or not, or if it had been previously owned by someone else. Even if a game has been played for 45 minutes, that game has less value because it was out of GameStop's responsibility for that long. Whoever owned it had no necessity to preserve the condition of the game besides their own personal feelings. New games that were taken out of their case, however, are still GameStop's responsibility. They must preserve the game if they intend to sell it as new, and nothing bad can really happen to the game if it's not played except for massive human error. I suppose in theory, an employee could drop it on the ground and accidentally step on it, but GameStop would fire someone for making a habit of it.

6. This is yet another fine example of a bad GameStop. They should definitely be willing to switch it if you still have the receipt, and you would have reason to complain to management for that.

Good discussion! Just out of curiosity, do you actually trade in games? I find it hard to believe that a self-proclaimed "collector" would intentionally remove games from his collection. I consider myself a "gamer," and I have never traded anything in. If you do actually trade games in, I would highly suggest you go to eBay instead, since you keep them in such fine shape!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Indeed. Blizzard makes their games compatible with both Windows and Mac OS.[/quote]

Whoah...crap...all this time, I had these Blizzard games and I never knew this. Been playing them on my PC laptop but now installing Warcraft III right on my Mac right now. :hot: Now curious if there are other companies that do this as well...now I'm curious since I own so many PC games but the computers that have more power in my office and home are my Mac's.

[quote name='kndy']Whoah...crap...all this time, I had these Blizzard games and I never knew this. Been playing them on my PC laptop but now installing Warcraft III right on my Mac right now. :hot: Now curious if there are other companies that do this as well...now I'm curious since I own so many PC games but the computers that have more power in my office and home are my Mac's.[/quote]

Sadly, this is not the case with most games. Most games are either ported later by another company or never released for Mac at all. Things are slowly changing for the better though now that Macs use the Intel processors. Totally off topic; sorry.

Just got back from GS

First I asked if they have any factory sealed games, answer in his own words, "No they are all gutted." Then I asked about their gutted return policy, said regular as long as the clear sticker seal has not been opened- he also offered to reshrink wrap them. I asked because I will be going some where this weekend that has about 4 GS in that 15 mile stretch and sometimes they have factory sealed ones.

So I pick out Odin Sphere, Genesis Collection, Katamari, and Dementium. Thankfully, I asked to see the discs before he puts them in the case before the sticker seal- I almost didn't because a line was starting to form. Odin Sphere, smudges, finger prints, scratches all over. Genesis Collection and Katamari, a few scratches. Absolutely unbelievable :bomb: Also to note, all 3 had those new PS2 style cases.

I said no thanks and just bought Dementium with the %10 off coupon (I can't imagine they could have damaged that). I would have been pissed if I hadn't had other things to buy in the area ($5 PS3 Homecourt and $5 MP3 player) and might have mentioned something to the big group of corporate guys inspecting the store.

I hate gutting but no one has a gun to your head forcing you to buy them and sometimes you have no other option especially for that price. If I could have walked into Best Buy and got these for the same price I would never set foot in a GS. Just make sure to inspect the discs before walking out! I was willing to pay that price for cheap, rare, gutted games but not if they are scratched. I was actually partially looking forward to getting gutted ones so I would actually open them to play. I'm a big collector and takes a lot of will power to open a rare factory sealed game. Last summer I opened Silent Hill 3, almost had a heart attack and then a few weeks later I got an opened one dirt cheap :drool::cry::bomb: and now I'm even more anal!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why they have to open 10 copies of one game to be on display instead of just having one opened game and the other nine sealed behind the counter. Luckily the second store I went to had Worms 2 DS sealed and the jackass said "oh this should have been out there with the rest."

I've come to the decision that the only games I'll ever be buying at Gamestop are good games on sale for $10 or less. And we all know how rare that will be. I had already long ago decided never to buy a recently released full price game there, but now I sure as hell won't go there even if a game is on sale for $20. It's pretty shocking how many people on this site just accept purchasing an opened game as new. If a new game is opened simply do not accept it, why not just call ahead of time so you don't have to waste the gas, time and effort? I understand the random casual gamers buying this crap, but the people on CAG? Cmon guys, we shouldn't stand for this.

It's not a matter of being nitpicky collectors, it's a matter of a coorporation treating their costumers like shit to save a few bucks. They shouldn't open stores in extremely tight spaces and they should be purchasing fake game covers with cases like stores such as Toys R Us do.

All gutted at my place, but no big deal because the deals weren't any good anyways. However, I just happened to come across a pristine WaveBird for 15.40 after 20% in discounts and sales tax.

They honored the 10% printout in Pembroke Pines, Fl. However I waited about 10 minutes for him to get it to work.

Got Brave Story: New Traveler for $18. Was gonna pick up Monster Hunter Freedom 2 but wasn't sure about how good it was gonna be.

is guild wars eye of the north a good game? tempted to get it, 15$ is a steal. I already have guild wars so should work

Wouldn't take the 10% off printout at the Houston Gamestop on Tidwell/290. Whatever. I came home and got it out of my Game Informer. Girl said she'd just do a return and recharge it with the discount. Have to go back anyway.

Oh, I got Condemned 2 for the 360. Lots of 'em at that store ... though the store at 290/34th is better organized and seems to have more of everything.

Btw, my copy wasn't gutted. It was still in original shrink wrap.

[quote name='W0lfRHart']is guild wars eye of the north a good game? tempted to get it, 15$ is a steal. I already have guild wars so should work[/quote]

I bought it but the game is more or less an expansion for those who are at level 20 for their character.

http://www.guildwars.com/press/releases/eyeofthenorthgw2/eyeofthenorth.php

I bought it more as being a completionist and moreso for the price (Guild Wars games haven't really gone down at all with the exception of last year's Game Day Sale for Game of the Year Edition and maybe one Target sale last year).

Not sure about other stores but our local stores only received one copy of this expansion.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Just got back from GS

First I asked if they have any factory sealed games, answer in his own words, "No they are all gutted." Then I asked about their gutted return policy, said regular as long as the clear sticker seal has not been opened- he also offered to reshrink wrap them. I asked because I will be going some where this weekend that has about 4 GS in that 15 mile stretch and sometimes they have factory sealed ones.[/quote]

Wow, I bought Burnout Revenge and I didn't even have to ask for a sealed copy. the manager just grabbed one from the display case.

My local Chicago Gamestop netted me the following...ALL SEALED--hurray.

Dementium
Monster Hunter 2: Freedom
Odin Sphere
Hitman Trilogy

They had at least one more copy of each sealed (I think--not sure about Dementium)...now they go to my backlog or to my trade/sale list (if I ever make one)...

i just got back from my Gamestop and got both Brave Story and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max. Both of them were sealed so I'm happy with my two games.

I went yesterday, I got Odin Sphere, SC III, and Genesis Collection.

Genesis Collection was the only one that she didn't give me a shrink wrapped copy of. I'm going back today, might grab something else. I'd also like to point out that the list on the first page lies, the 360 Sega Superstars Tennis is not included on this sale... :(

Edit: Was just browsing GS.com, all the Gameday prices are being honored for online purchases, so this may be a way to make sure your stuff is sealed when you get it. I've personally never ordered from their site, but I can't see them sending you a gutted product...

Got back from my GS and nothing was sealed. I asked the manager and she said they gutted everything specifically for this sale and put those annoying sale stickers on them :( I only bought 2 UMD Movies since it's not a big deal of those are gutted for me but I refused to buy Gutted games.

Just got my order from gamestop.com:
Cowboy Bebop the movie $5 Sealed
Sega Genesis Collection $10 Sealed
Katamari Damacy $10 Sealed
SoulCalibur 3 Greatest Hits $10 Sealed

I used the SAVER code to get free shipping. Can't believe i got overnight so weird.
I think online was the way to go on this sale.
Has anyone else used the SAVER code and got their stuff overnight? (I live in Texas)

Went back to get Valhalla Nights and see if the first Resident Evil film on UMD was there but was told that they didn't get that UMD....Interesting enough...not much sold from yesterday with the exception of the stuff I bought yesterday. If anything the UMD's box were half sold and it looks like everyone went after the Kung Fu Hustle's and Crouching Tiger's but looks like a lot of UMD's were sold but at $4.99, that's not bad.

I didn't print out a coupon, I just took the game informer from the front aisle display, turned to the page of the coupon and told them If I can use the coupon.

I ended up getting that Wii fishing game for $14.99, may go back for the PSP Harvest Moon (Just realize I have to pick up Chaos Wars tomorrow...speaking of that....anyone notice that Atlus is sure buying a lot of advertising space at Gamestop lately to promote their games for pre-order). Also, bought the used Skies of Arcadia since that had a price drop for $11.99 (after GS6/20 coupon and Edge).

But outside of the UMD's, Monster Hunter, House of Dead 2&3, Odin Sphere and Naruto and Guild Wars PC game...still a lot of everything else left. The place was packed and no one went towards the middle for the GameDay Sale items. I'm thinking people thought it was just a regular used game bin and thus avoided it.

Oh and Timeshift was $19.99 for the 360 version.

Went to pick up the Timeshift XBOX360 today.
Saleperson refuse to sell me a copy saying don't buy the game because it sucks.

I hate the fact that they still pull fanboy crap on customers.

I guess I am going to try another Gamestop tomorrow.

[quote name='biggercup']Went to pick up the Timeshift XBOX360 today.

I guess I am going to try another Gamestop tomorrow.[/quote]

They actually refused and you accepted that?

Will hop over to GS tomorrow to get Odin Sphere..been waiting for that game to go down for a long time. Anyone play the DBZ Fighting games, need an opinion on them before I go ahead and buy one.

I guess I am going to try another Gamestop tomorrow.[/quote]Dude, you shouldn't have to take that. Go back and buy the game if you want. If you have one stupid fanboy mad at you, so be it.

I got the PS3 remote today, so I'm ready for my console when I get it next week.

I was really tired from working all day and was late for meeting friend of mine.
I didn't want to cause scene and waste my time and enegy.

The Gamestop employee was really really doesn't want to sell me the game and he even told me that Timeshift XBOX360 is out of stock. (They had about 5 copies in the special sales bin)

Just picked up Odin Sphere (4 left) and Hitman Trilogy (1 left) for $38.14 after coupon. All the copies of everything were gutted. Thankfully, I knew the guy who did the gutting and he assured he that they were in good shape. He simply took the Hitman cases out of the box-thing, no problems with any of it, minus those stupid stickers on the spines. This was in the Lavale, MD Gamestop.

I guess I am going to try another Gamestop tomorrow.[/quote]

I remember when a fanboy employee tried to stop me from buying a PS3, when he wasn't even the one serving me.

Has anyone happen to come across a physical ad of the Advertised Games in store? I was trying to Price match some games at other stores but there were no ads what so ever inside the GS's here.

I didn't get to use the coupon today because one GameStop employee decided to snitch on me, the same employee that took two coupons from my hand when I purchased Monster Hunter 2, and Fifth Element yesterday which clearly states that one coupon per customer. And the irony of it is that he was handling another customer, and decided to say that I used the same coupon to the guy who was handling my purchase which void the coupon.

I hate GameStop...

picked up odin sphere and beyond good & evil for $30 shipped. I have been scouring the trading boards to get BG&E the past few days, so imagine my surprise it's in stock for about half of what people wanted, and since I just want to play it, amazing deal for me. SAVER and CAG16 stacked, too. Thanks everyone!

[quote name='tagout']I didn't get to use the coupon today because one GameStop employee decided to snitch on me, the same employee that took two coupons from my hand when I purchased Monster Hunter 2, and Fifth Element yesterday which clearly states that one coupon per customer. And the irony of it is that he was handling another customer, and decided to say that I used the same coupon to the guy who was handling my purchase which void the coupon.

I hate GameStop...[/quote]

So, you hate GameStop, because you got caught trying to get one over on them? No offense, but for all the reasons we have to dislike GS/EB, that is way, way, way down on the list.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']So, you hate GameStop, because you got caught trying to get one over on them? No offense, but for all the reasons we have to dislike GS/EB, that is way, way, way down on the list.[/quote]

Trust me, I have a list of why I hate GameStop.

[quote name='CaoPi']Has anyone happen to come across a physical ad of the Advertised Games in store? I was trying to Price match some games at other stores but there were no ads what so ever inside the GS's here.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there are any physical sale ads or whatever... I didn't see any at my EB and I checked.

At the Bay Terrace Shopping Center in NYC, I picked up Katamari and PS2 Genesis Collection. I asked an employee for a sealed copy of both, and he got me them from behind the counter. In addition, he accepted a printout of the 10% coupon. All in all, a good buy. Thanks CAG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back