Gamestop Game Days Sale June 2nd + 10% off coupon - LISTS ARE IN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevzik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LISTS ARE IN - BIG UPS TP TAMMY P AND MASTER SHAKE

[quote name='Master Shake']ps3 official list
condemned 2 29.99
def jam icon 19.99
harry potter 00tp 19.99
nba homecourt 19.99
timeshift 29.99
viking 29.99
virtua fighter 5 19.99
virtua tennis 3 19.99

xbox 360

battlefield 19.99
battlestations midway 19.99
burnout revenge 19.99
command and conquer 19.99
condemned 2 29.99
def jam icon 19.99
fear 19.99
godfather 19.99
just cause 19.99
nba homecourt 19.99
need for speed carbon 19.99
sega superstar tennis 14.99
sonic 14.99
timeshift 19.99
viking 29.99
virtua tennis 3 19.99

wii official list

ben 10 14.99
fishing master 14.99
godfather 19.99
hot whees 19.99
house of dead 1 & 2 19.99 (17.99 with coupon) I think best deal
mario & sonic 29.99
mortal kombat 19.99
naruto 19.99
puppy luv 19.99
sega tennis 19.99
sims pet 2 19.99
sonic secret rings 19.99
sonic riders 19.99
super monkey 19.99
the bigs 19.99

pc games

diablo 2 lord of 9.99
dirty dancing (shure to sell a million) 9.99
guild wars eye of the north 14.99 (excellent price)
tabula rising collectors 29.99
tabula rising 14.99
warcraft 3 frozen throne 9.99
warcraft battlechest WOW ed 29.99
zoo tycoon complete 9.99

ds official list

atv/monter truck 9.99
baby pals 19.99
ben 10 14.99
dementium 14.99
digimon dawn 19.99
digimon dusk 19.99
diner dash 14.99
EA play ground 9.99
mario ans sonic 14.99
nervous breakdown 14.99
puppy luv 9.99
rafa tennis 19.99
sega tennis 14.99
sonic rush 14.99
super monkey ball 14.99
uno/ski o/ uno freefall 9.99
worms 2 9.99

PSP

after burner 19.99
atari evolved 9.99
ben 10 14.99
blitz 9.99
brave story 19.99
crazy taxi 19.99 - terible price in my opion
downstream panic 14.99
full auto 2 14.99
harvest moon 14.99
hot wheels ul racing 9.99
juiced 2 9.99
midway arcade ext plAY 9.99
MONTER HUNTER 2 - 19.99 *** BEST DEAL FOR SURE
mortal kombat deception - 9.99
sega collection - 14.99
sonic rivals - 14.99
street fighter alpha 3 max - 9.99 *** ok price
valhalla knights 19.99 - good price if you dont have it with 10% off coupon
worms 2 - 14.99

ps2

ace combat zero - 19.99
ben 10 14.99
cabelas alaskian 14.99
destroy all humans 1 0r 2 9.99
bragon ball z 3 19.99, 1 and 2 9.99
godzilla unleashed 19.99
hitman trilogy 19.99 - actullay really good price with extr 10% OFF FOR ALL 3 BRAND NEW GAMES
JAWS - 9.99
KATAMARI DAMACY - 9.99 AWSOME DEAL IF YOU GET SEALED
mortal k arma - 9.99
namco 50th 14.99
nicktoons unite 9.99
odin sperhe - 19.99 - can anyone argur with the 10% off coupon
scarface 9.99
sega gen collection 9.99
sega super star tenis 19.99
shadow the hedgehog 9.99
sonic heroes 9.99
sonic mega colection 9.99
sonic riders 9.99 (funny i think they just broke down the sonic 3 pack that was 29.99 for these
soul calibur 3 - 9.99
tomb raider legend - 9.99

umd list all are 4.99 - 4.49 with coupon
7 seconds
anacondas 2
are we there yet
bewitched
big hit
boogeyman
the cave
charlies agels
cowboy bebop
creatur comforts season 1
crouching tiger
dark crystal
deuce big europe
excorcism of emily
fifth elm
the fog 2005
fun with dick
godzilla
godzilla final wars
grudge
guess who
heavy metal
hellboy
hollow man
hostel
house of flying daggers
into the blue
joe dirt
kung fu hustle
labrynth
layer cake
legend of zorro
man of the house
mask of zorro
mirormask
not another teen movie - early Jamie pressly movie - she's soo hot
one upon mexico
rent
replacement killers
reidenr evil
RE apoc
richard pryor live
spider-man animated series
starship troopers
stealth
steamboy
stuart little 1 and 2 (both on one umd)
stuart 3
when a stranger calls
XXX state of un
you got served
zathura[/quote]

UPDATE: May 26

Yeah...still no list, BUT

CAGs have been mentioning lists received by stores and new price markings taking place. Its all a matter of us drilling employees for info or attaining the list.
-----------------------------------------------

Just noticed the Game days sale ad in the latest game informer. Last year's sale was pretty decent so its worth a thread. I'll try to post the ad and coupon later. Best part is the coupon doesn't say anything about being void if copied. No specifics yet on the sale.

"Hundreds of games and accessories up to 50% off"

Things to note:
- Should stack with edge (assuming there are used deals).
- Offer ends 6/30/08
- If you know the specifics, let us know!

Canada's Sale ( not known to be the same as the one here in the states)
http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Here's the scan...

gamedays.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='freakyzeeky']High-res scan of coupon...

GDCoupon.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='LilPaintballer']get out of town...:hot: i need so many ps2 rpgs it would be fantastic[/quote] No really, it was one of those big ones that they put outside of the store made out of nylon or something. I'm pretty excited myself, now I can buy some games that i've been wanting forever.

[quote name='cheapassfalcon']Hey guys, I was at the store picking up NG2 today, and talked to the manager a while (I've gotten to know him over a couple years), and I noticed he was unpacking a buy 2 get 1 free sign on all used games. He doesn't know when it takes place yet, but he said next monday is your best bet ^_^ I love B2G1F[/quote]

Goddamn it, Gamestop. Was $90 not enough for you? Do I really have to go back there and sift through several hundred (I swear the GS I go to is so overstocked it looks ridiculous) games again?

[quote name='cheapassfalcon']Hey guys, I was at the store picking up NG2 today, and talked to the manager a while (I've gotten to know him over a couple years), and I noticed he was unpacking a buy 2 get 1 free sign on all used games. He doesn't know when it takes place yet, but he said next monday is your best bet ^_^ I love B2G1F[/quote]

Can anyone else confirm that? I've called 3 GS stores in my area and ask about a B2G1 sale and they've all say "We don't know" even one of them told me "Not anytime soon", so please GS employees post your response to this

Didn't read all the posts. But yesterday I got Katamari and Street Fighter for both $10 and sealed. The rest were gutted though.

I picked up:
Worms 2 (PSP)
Downstream Panic (PSP)
Timeshift (PS3)

All were opened, but for the price, who cares. Getting all three for around $45 after 10% of is decent enough for me.

I don't see why people get all angry about New games being opened....they are still NEW. When the price has been slashed by 50% and you get to use a 10% off coupon...how can you even complain? Would you not buy a book at a store if someone had read a line out of it? Would you not buy a strategy guide in the same fashion? Who cares if you don't personally get to take the plastic wrap off the game...as long as it looks perfect, comes complete with manual and as no scratches...it is still brand new to me. Anyone who turns down a game at a lower price just because it has no plastic wrap has no common sense. I'm a hardcore gamer at heart (with a library of 500+ games) and I could care less about plastic wrap. I say keep doing what you're doing Gamestop...ignore the whiners who are never happy with anything. Some people are just natural pessimists.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Godfather is worth it.[/quote]

If you mean on the Wii, then it absolutely is. I really enjoyed that game, despite its somewhat repetitive nature. The "Blackhand" wii mote actions were a blast though... and I really enjoyed the aiming system. Very fun game

[quote name='VIDEOGAME IGODI']Can someone please post a scan of your reciept if you picked up TimeShift for the 360 at the $20 price mark?

:)[/quote]

Just saying, that price is on the website, you could make the cashier check it themselves if its priced differently. I saw it for that price though at GS.

[quote name='greendayrulestce']Just saying, that price is on the website, you could make the cashier check it themselves if its priced differently. I saw it for that price though at GS.[/quote]

I agree. There should be no question if they take a look at the official website listing. They didn't get the memo, so you're telling them what's up.

[quote name='ChavaSalinas']Can anyone else confirm that? I've called 3 GS stores in my area and ask about a B2G1 sale and they've all say "We don't know" even one of them told me "Not anytime soon", so please GS employees post your response to this[/quote] Thats what I got the day I heard about Game days. They always have a B2G1 around this time so I asked and he said "I have no idea" But today, I saw him unwrap the sign, I believe this is a universal thing, but it could be local only. Sorry I don't have more info. than I do.

:headache:

After playing the Worms 2 demo on DS (THANKS NINTENDO CHANNEL!) I want to go pick this up.
Without printing that coupon, where can I get this coupon at? :whistle2:k
I checked around a bit, and didn't seem to find an answer (I probably looked right over it too)

Are they available in the stores or what?

[quote name='lilboo']Without printing that coupon, where can I get this coupon at? :whistle2:k
I checked around a bit, and didn't seem to find an answer (I probably looked right over it too)

Are they available in the stores or what?[/quote]

Yes and no. The coupons are in the latest GameInformer magazine (with Guitar Hero 4 on the cover). Although some are saying that they just pointed to the coupon in the mag at the store, I have heard other stores say you must buy the Game Informer subscription and EDGE card to use the coupon unless you brought your own. This seemed lame at first, but then it made pretty good sense to me. Of course, if you print off a coupon from CAG, that seems totally different in my mind! :p

Oh I see. :lol:
Thanks! I'll try it out tomorrow ^_^

Either way, $10 isn't bad. The coupon would pretty much just cover tax, so, whatever.

[quote name='cheapassfalcon']Thats what I got the day I heard about Game days. They always have a B2G1 around this time so I asked and he said "I have no idea" But today, I saw him unwrap the sign, I believe this is a universal thing, but it could be local only. Sorry I don't have more info. than I do.[/quote]

If there is a buy 2 get 1 free sale, I know what I am getting, if its later, I don't mind, its just more likelihood for a price drop. Also, anyone tried to get 10 percent off a non- Game Days sale?

[quote name='greendayrulestce']If there is a buy 2 get 1 free sale, I know what I am getting, if its later, I don't mind, its just more likelihood for a price drop. Also, anyone tried to get 10 percent off a non- Game Days sale?[/quote]

There's nothing confirmed about it yet, but from what i've heard they had one last year on gamedays.
About the 10% off non-game days sale i don't think so, the coupon is explicit about it

[quote name='lilboo']:headache:

After playing the Worms 2 demo on DS (THANKS NINTENDO CHANNEL!) I want to go pick this up.
Without printing that coupon, where can I get this coupon at? :whistle2:k

Are they available in the stores or what?[/quote]
Well that makes at least two copies of Worms2 that demo has sold. I bought a copy off of that demo too.

[quote name='UltimoRey']Well that makes at least two copies of Worms2 that demo has sold. I bought a copy off of that demo too.[/QUOTE]

OFF TOPIC: I heard Open Warfare 1 was garbage. What made it so bad? :whistle2:s

Back on topic: I also had tried the Ninja Gaiden DS demo when that was up..and I've been lookin to score that for cheap lately. The Nintendo Channel is gonna make me go broke :(

[quote name='lilboo']Back on topic: I also had tried the Ninja Gaiden DS demo when that was up..and I've been lookin to score that for cheap lately. The Nintendo Channel is gonna make me go broke :([/quote]
I know how you feel, you wouldn't believe how many games I've gone out and bought after playing the demos on Xbox Live. >.<

Playing the Viva Pinata Demo caused me to realize it wasn't just another children's game and that there was much inbreeding, murder, etc going on. After about 2 hours of play I sat the controller down, grabbed my purse and drove to Best Buy.

Good times...

But on topic, I just got paid today and have an itch to head back to Gamestop and see what's left in the bins. Been debating Valhalla Knights.

[quote name='greendayrulestce']Also, anyone tried to get 10 percent off a non- Game Days sale?[/quote]

Doesnt work. I bought the PS3 Singstar bundle along with Scarface and the coupon only took 10% off Scarface. Singstar was regular priced.

[quote name='TheRock88']Doesnt work. I bought the PS3 Singstar bundle along with Scarface and the coupon only took 10% off Scarface. Singstar was regular priced.[/quote]

Okay they have it programmed in their system then, probably wouldn't work, thanks.

Man my Gamestop sucks, they had budokai t. 3 at 9.99 and sega superstars tennis for ps2 at 9.99 the first day but now went to full price. Should of got them then:( Oh well they got my money for the sega and sonic collection but that's it.

[quote name='nitrosmob']Man my Gamestop sucks, they had budokai t. 3 at 9.99 and sega superstars tennis for ps2 at 9.99 the first day but now went to full price. Should of got them then:( Oh well they got my money for the sega and sonic collection but that's it.[/quote]
Seriously? That's not right, the games should be on sale until the end of the sale. You sure they just didn't forget to put the $19.99 sticker on the box?

Well I gave in on my lunch break and stopped by another Gamestop in my area. (75th Ave. and Lower Buckeye in Phoenix, AZ)

Picked up:
House of the Dead 2 & 3 (The last copy in the store! Unsealed.)
The Dark Crystal UMD (Last Copy. Sealed)

And then a used copy of Lemmings for PSP.

And I'm going to voice it... Another crudy Gamestop employee. >.<
I walked in, scanned the bins, found my two games and then spotted a used copy of Lemmings on the PSP shelf. The entire time he was on the phone talking to a friend. No one was at the counter buying anything there was just a group of kids in the store debating what to buy with their limited amount of money and playing the demos.

So I walk up to the counter and he starts ringing everything up as he talked on the phone with his friend still. I was kind of hoping he would put his buddy on hold or hang up. Entire time on the phone through out the transaction. It was annoying.

Finally after him handing the bag to me did he get off the phone. You couldn't have done that 8 minutes ago!?!

At least I found what I wanted, maybe tomorrow I will complete my hunt for Game Day Sale games and find Diner Dash.

[quote name='lilboo']OFF TOPIC: I heard Open Warfare 1 was garbage. What made it so bad? :whistle2:s

Back on topic: I also had tried the Ninja Gaiden DS demo when that was up..and I've been lookin to score that for cheap lately. The Nintendo Channel is gonna make me go broke :([/QUOTE]

IGN's review for the original title mentioned technical problems like flickering backgrounds, and the game's only form of multiplayer was single cart download.

I didn't even know the first game existed, and given the reviews it got, I'm surprised it got a sequel...BUT I'm glad it did. The sequel added online play, and they switched developers to Two Tribes, who managed to fix everything that was wrong with the first title. I've played Worms on the PC, and the DS game - the second one, the one that's on sale now - captures the experience perfectly. Buy this game.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Yes and no. The coupons are in the latest GameInformer magazine (with Guitar Hero 4 on the cover). Although some are saying that they just pointed to the coupon in the mag at the store, I have heard other stores say you must buy the Game Informer subscription and EDGE card to use the coupon unless you brought your own. This seemed lame at first, but then it made pretty good sense to me. Of course, if you print off a coupon from CAG, that seems totally different in my mind! :p[/quote]

Tell them that you forgot your magazine at home. Say, you know what page it's on....look on the earlier pages on this thread and then ask if you can please use the coupon in the new issue of the magazine. It helps to be a regular though... Especially if you are a regular who pre-orders (because GS employees and managers get so much crap from corporate and their DM's to meet their pre-order quotas, if you are buyer who helps their store out by pre-ordering, they'll help you out).

[quote name='SerenityKry']So I walk up to the counter and he starts ringing everything up as he talked on the phone with his friend still. I was kind of hoping he would put his buddy on hold or hang up. Entire time on the phone through out the transaction. It was annoying.

Finally after him handing the bag to me did he get off the phone. You couldn't have done that 8 minutes ago!?![/quote]

Just an FYI that Gamestop employees have to talk to you about your receipt and visit their website and fill out a questionnaire to win a free PS3. If you want to complain about the store, go for it especially if they give you shoddy service. But remember that if you do the PS3 contest after the questionnaire, then you will no longer be anonymous and your name and info., the management and DM will have your info. If you don't do the contest, then you will remain anonymous.

[quote name='SerenityKry']So I walk up to the counter and he starts ringing everything up as he talked on the phone with his friend still. I was kind of hoping he would put his buddy on hold or hang up. Entire time on the phone through out the transaction. It was annoying.

Finally after him handing the bag to me did he get off the phone. You couldn't have done that 8 minutes ago!?![/quote]

Just an FYI that Gamestop employees have to talk to you about your receipt and visit their website and fill out a questionnaire to win a free PS3. If you want to complain about the store, go for it especially if they give you shoddy service. But remember that if you do the PS3 contest after the questionnaire, then you will no longer be anonymous and your name and info., the management and DM will have your info. If you don't do the contest, then you will remain anonymous.

As for the Timeshift thing...your stores should have fixed that override problem by now. If they are still selling it at $29.99, ask them to please contact their direct manager.

As for the person who had the guy who didn't want to sell them the game because it sucked. Actually, had the same problem once. Well, not a problem actually. He's a diehard JRPG fan, I buy them despite the rating (like this week's "Chaos Wars"). But it was for the SquareEnix game "Romancing Saga". I know it's a stinker but he was "dude, don't buy that. It's terrible. You'll regret it." and tried to convince me not to buy it. I actually don't mind it that much if they warn me of a bad game but since I tend to buy games regardless of a bad review, I'll give it a chance. I think there are some employees who will reach out to other people to warn or give encouragement to a game. I don't take it as negative although some others might.

Actually they had the 9.99 stickers at the beginning, but today mysteriously, they had no stickers at all...guess they realized they made a mistake heh.

[quote name='cheapassfalcon']To confirm- Buy 2 get 1 free is Sunday on used titles.[/quote]

Only on Sunday, or starting Sunday? :D

[quote name='lilboo']Buy 2 get 1 free starts Sunday?! Niice :cool:[/quote]

Well I wouldnt get excited yet the guy who posted that signed up in June.

[quote name='kndy']Just an FYI that Gamestop employees have to talk to you about your receipt and visit their website and fill out a questionnaire to win a free PS3. If you want to complain about the store, go for it especially if they give you shoddy service. But remember that if you do the PS3 contest after the questionnaire, then you will no longer be anonymous and your name and info., the management and DM will have your info. If you don't do the contest, then you will remain anonymous.[/quote]
Ha, I never do those questionaire things, I'm a bit on the lazy side of life.

Not sure if I want to complain, it was entirely annoying to say the least but... My day isn't entirely ruined or anything. I just like to have the person ringing up my stuff paying attention to what they're doing.

I'm a Customer Service Rep. for the warehouse I work at, I manage a couple of our major accounts and deal with the customer in getting their product out to where it needs to go when it needs to be there and work with them in anything that they are doing.

So if one of them is flying off the handle trying to get a project done ASAP, I have to drop everything I'm doing even if I'm working on something equally important on another account and at least give them my attention over the phone for 10 minutes. I don't know... If you're working with a job where you must deal with customers I'd appreciate if those employees at least took it semi seriously. Even if it is putting your friend on hold for 5 minutes. :roll:

the op said xbox360 sega superstar tennis is 14.99 but the gamestop i went to had it stickered at 19.99
has there been a price change?
has anyone got it for the 14.99 price?

thanks

[quote name='joshnorm']Well I wouldnt get excited yet the guy who posted that signed up in June.[/quote]

Yes, but there is hope, seems kind of soon though so I bet its not true (not that I have been here forever though).

[quote name='lilboo']OFF TOPIC: I heard Open Warfare 1 was garbage. What made it so bad? :whistle2:s

Back on topic: I also had tried the Ninja Gaiden DS demo when that was up..and I've been lookin to score that for cheap lately. The Nintendo Channel is gonna make me go broke :([/quote]

I never played the first, but in this game there seems to be a lot more weapons. In the first game whenever I see a screenshot for the DS there is like 8-9 actions. The DS version of 2 has like 32 or so different choices of actions. It may not be as good as Armageddon, but for $10 it is a pretty good deal.

I didn't realize Timeshift was on the list. Must of missed that one, I am debating getting that as a fathers day gift if I could find it but my dad hasn't turned his 360 on in a few weeks (and he used to play fps every night).

[quote name='georox']Nabbed Condemned 2 for PS3 since my 360 is RROD'd.[/quote]

Ouch, you have my condolences. I hope you weren't heavy into GTA4 or NG2 when it hit.

i wish someone could confirm a buy 2 get 1 free sale soon i actually dont want it this week i hope it doesnt start until the end of the month but i would sure like there to be one

My manager told me last night that he hasn't heard anything (which means he hasn't received any company emails) and hasn't received any promotional info (which means signs and posters) about any B2G1 sale on used games yet. So there's still no official word, it seems, but I would think it would be likely to happen at some point, especially because they had one during this sale last year.

Also, for what it's worth, we have more used XBOX 360 games than we can put on the shelf right now. MY OPINION is that we need to get rid of these :)

yeah my gamestop is flooded with so many xbox 360 games. i swear they have so many copies of every single game, but the wii and playstation 3 used game sections are pathetic.

So, when's the "Game Days" sale ending? Was today the last day???

I still have yet to open the "new", gutted copy of Katamari Damacy that I bought earlier this week, and am contemplating whether to return it for a refund. The other game I bought, "Sega Genesis Collection" (both for PS2) thankfully had a spotless disc and manual, but the numerous stickers on the case have been a PAIN to get off and will either leave residue or stickiness behind.

Seeing as it looks that I can't get KD any cheaper here in the NYC area, I guess I'll keep it. I've never played it before.

I really do want to get my hands on that $10 Tekken 5.........

[quote name='Irreconcilably']So, when's the "Game Days" sale ending? Was today the last day???[/quote]

I believe it goes on until the end of the month.

[quote name='zephie']Ouch, you have my condolences. I hope you weren't heavy into GTA4 or NG2 when it hit.[/quote]

Was heavy into GTA4 :/ Condemned 2 fills the void, and I'm sure MGS4 will further distract when the 360 does come back even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back