Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in a few games this past weekend and the employee was chill and put $5 on GoW standard for the 30% bump (Pro member). Even told me I didn't have to pick up if I don't want it. Used the rest of the credit to nab Xbox currency and Wipeout Omega Collection. Thinking about trading in a couple more games from the "most wanted" list to pay it off and pick it up anyway.
what a great guy! did he also tell you that you got the same bump from buying the xbox currency?

I think everything works except Visa, amazon and gas cards? I cleared out my last few hundred with netflix,eshop and four or five different food cards.
This is correct, plus EBay cards if your store still has them (don't think they ring up anymore at all even if they do.)

So on the Spring sale (or whatever it was called) they had all strategy guides half off for a while and I pre ordered the new God of War Collectors Edition at $19.99 and now I’m looking at the order and it says my balance is going to be $39.99. Are they really going to f*** me over like that lol?

So on the Spring sale (or whatever it was called) they had all strategy guides half off for a while and I pre ordered the new God of War Collectors Edition at $19.99 and now I’m looking at the order and it says my balance is going to be $39.99. Are they really going to f*** me over like that lol?
Yes. It is the Gamestop way. :)

Eh, I wasn’t getting my hopes too high with it, I thought it was weird when the half off strategy guides just randomly disappeared because 2 brand new games (God of War and Far Cry 5 being the other one) were coming out. Who’s going to sell a product at half off at release? Still shady as ****.

Yes but when will Yakuza 6 come off of preorder status.

It's available as of 1 am EDT this morning on bestbuy.com.

Had a bit of a hassle at Gamestop yesterday. Long story short, I want to pay a bill inside the local mall and stopped into the Gamestop inside to trade a couple of Switch games towards God of War to get the extra 40%. Like many of you I do this all the time and if I don't plan on picking up the game I transfer the credit to another pre-order. Well, the employee who was the Assistant Manager at this store at first was fine with me doing this and then he started getting weird on me and asked if I was going to pick it up and I told him that I honestly wasn't sure and may end up transferring the credit to another pre-order.

He then immediately made some story up about how if I were to do that I would lose the trade bonus which doesn't make any sense considering the credit would have already been on my account or used in this case since I was buying a game too. I didn't want to argue with the guy and just took my games back and went to the store I normally go in by my house which had the used Fire Emblem Warriors I wanted to pick up and also gave me no issues with the trade. I also decided to pick up God of War at Gamestop so that I can also pick up the two God of War Totaku figures since they are doing 20% off collectables with purchase of God of War and with the trade credit I am not spending much more than I would have at Best Buy with GCU and I can get the game Thursday evening!

Had a bit of a hassle at Gamestop yesterday. Long story short, I want to pay a bill inside the local mall and stopped into the Gamestop inside to trade a couple of Switch games towards God of War to get the extra 40%. Like many of you I do this all the time and if I don't plan on picking up the game I transfer the credit to another pre-order. Well, the employee who was the Assistant Manager at this store at first was fine with me doing this and then he started getting weird on me and asked if I was going to pick it up and I told him that I honestly wasn't sure and may end up transferring the credit to another pre-order.

He then immediately made some story up about how if I were to do that I would lose the trade bonus which doesn't make any sense considering the credit would have already been on my account or used in this case since I was buying a game too. I didn't want to argue with the guy and just took my games back and went to the store I normally go in by my house which had the used Fire Emblem Warriors I wanted to pick up and also gave me no issues with the trade. I also decided to pick up God of War at Gamestop so that I can also pick up the two God of War Totaku figures since they are doing 20% off collectables with purchase of God of War and with the trade credit I am not spending much more than I would have at Best Buy with GCU and I can get the game Thursday evening!
That's the way to do it. Don't give your stuff up into the circle of life unless you get what you want.

Also, you have made a good point that others can learn from: rapport often goes a long way in business.

Next time just say something innocuous like "maybe" or "I'm considering it based on its positive reviews".

That's the way to do it. Don't give your stuff up into the circle of life unless you get what you want.

Also, you have made a good point that others can learn from: rapport often goes a long way in business.
This employee was just kind of a jerk honestly. I used to work for Gamestop many years ago and was in a management position myself which I even explained to the guy and let him know that I would not just up and cancel a pre-order without pre-ordering something else because I know how it is working there.

Also on a related note, I asked that same employee about the extra $5 for Switch trades which is still advertised on the site last I checked. He told me that promotion ended, but I think he was talking out of his ass again. When I asked him to see if another store had Fire Emblem Warriors used he didn't even actually look and told me that no one within 20 miles had a used copy, but I found one at the store I specifically asked the guy to check which is about 5-10 miles away. I don't think I have ever encountered an employee who tried so hard to drive my business away.

That’s not just the gamestop way, I have never seen a store honor a current sale price for a product that comes out after the sale is over. No store is going to offer, let’s say, $10 off new games, and allow you to pre order every new game for the next year at $50. That’s just not how it works...

Easiest way to handle this is saying YES, I will pick up this preorder. I have left preorder not picked up for months. Either I transfer it another preorder or just cancel it. One thing I know is that assistant manager won’t stay in one store for too long. They either quit or get reassign to another store. If going to do trades with Gamestop, I wouldn’t want to burn any bridges with them. There will always be crazy trades and I would hate to be flagged by them.

Looks like a handful of values plummeted. Darn.
Yeah, glad I traded in Lego Marvel 2 and Rayman Legends on Switch yesterday. Was going to trade a copy of Digimon Cyber Sleuth today, but the value has dropped and now it's not worth the trouble for me.

I do have a B2G1 free that expires at the end of this month though. Thinking about picking up a couple of games and trading the freebie in if I can find 2 games I need to pick up so I can get a $55 used game for free to trade in for $25-$30 credit.

As long as you're not going overboard with cancelling pre-orders, and actually picking some of it up, I don't think it's a big deal. That or you don't have like 10 open pre-orders with only $5 on each one.

I need to get a better feel for the stealth bump schedule. I was all excited about Burnout Remastered being $21 yesterday, but then it tanked back to $13 today. I should have went out yesterday instead of planning to trade it in on Saturday for the double-points.

I need to get a better feel for the stealth bump schedule. I was all excited about Burnout Remastered being $21 yesterday, but then it tanked back to $13 today. I should have went out yesterday instead of planning to trade it in on Saturday for the double-points.
I think it's usually Saturday - Monday usually.

Stealth bumps usually start either Thursday or Friday and go on until Monday. They never last all week.

That’s not just the gamestop way, I have never seen a store honor a current sale price for a product that comes out after the sale is over. No store is going to offer, let’s say, $10 off new games, and allow you to pre order every new game for the next year at $50. That’s just not how it works...
I don’t think you understand. The item was $19.99 when I ordered it and put it on my card, now I have to go to the store where I was supposed to pick it up and cancel my order. Most places would cancel it if the pricing glitch was too big, but for me to order it at $19.99 and be expected to pay $39.99 when I get there is straight up BS. They should just cancel the order and save me the hassle (that was their fault) of having to go out there.

I don’t think you understand. The item was $19.99 when I ordered it and put it on my card, now I have to go to the store where I was supposed to pick it up and cancel my order. Most places would cancel it if the pricing glitch was too big, but for me to order it at $19.99 and be expected to pay $39.99 when I get there is straight up BS. They should just cancel the order and save me the hassle (that was their fault) of having to go out there.
You should contact customer service. They should honor it if that was the price listed when you placed the order.

what a great guy! did he also tell you that you got the same bump from buying the xbox currency?

Knowing GS employees he may have been oblivious to the gift card promo.

But who knows.
Either he was oblivious to the digital currency promo or the system didn't allow the GoW and digital currency bonuses to stack. I wasn't going to ask about it since he was cool about adding the GoW trade bonus. I wasn't feeling too good yesterday so I didn't get the chance to trade the other games. Now the values are tanked and I'd be a little over $10 short of paying off my pre-order. I'll look and see if I have anything else worth trading in towards it.

Edit: I knew the stealth bump values weren't going to hold through today. What I should have done was trade the other two games last Saturday along with the first batch.

As long as you're not going overboard with cancelling pre-orders, and actually picking some of it up, I don't think it's a big deal. That or you don't have like 10 open pre-orders with only $5 on each one.
I had 3 open preorders with $5 on them from months ago. Dirt4, Mario odyssey, and assassin's creed origins. The funny thing is ALL the games were picked up and I've been playing for a while, but the money was still in the system lol.
One of the new guys didn't ring it properly according to the guy I was talking to.

There was a GS e-mail sent out last week saying that values would be valid until the 16th.

That's the kicker with the employee I encountered yesterday. I only had one game pre-ordered which is Dark Souls for Switch and I intend on picking it up. Turns out that I am going to pick up God of War at Gamestop as well, but originally was just going to get my pre-order at Best Buy, but need to pick up some stuff at Gamestop alongside it and I can also get it Thursday night opposed to Friday after work.

It's actually rare that I pre-order games at Gamestop and when I do I rotate the credit to different games if I don't pick something up.

Is Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Deluxe worth $20 or $30 bucks? It's $30 right now and I was thinking about using a $10 cert to drop it to $20. All opinions welcome...I'm getting that itch with the new Avengers movie dropping soon.

Is Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Deluxe worth $20 or $30 bucks? It's $30 right now and I was thinking about using a $10 cert to drop it to $20. All opinions welcome...I'm getting that itch with the new Avengers movie dropping soon.
It’s $10 at Redbox right now if you don’t mind not having the case.

Wow, I was actually considering purchasing a copy of God Of War from game stop and trading in some games as well. Thanks for making the decision for me to not purchase from Gamestop by significantly dropping the trade in values from Sunday prices.

Is there going to be a bonus for console trade in's towards a ps4 pro this weekend? I've seen some talk about it on the gs subreddit and plus when I went to pick up my yakuzaz 6 pre-order I told them I was going to trade in my old switch this Saturday to get the bonus points and they said something about a bonus, but I didn't really catch it since I was in and out during my lunch.

The game play is actually fun, it just looks awful. Many have moved on to DB FighterZ, which has awesome game play and is beautifully animated

Anyone else get the e-Opinions Rewards Panel email? Has anyone used this?
i did. its one of those "play through this 10 minute series of ads (we can tell if you alt-tabbed) and tell us how much money you make, where you work, and if youre white" places

20 minutes for like alleged 4 dollars in rewards

i did. its one of those "play through this 10 minute series of ads (we can tell if you alt-tabbed) and tell us how much money you make, where you work, and if youre white" places

Sounds like I should just stay an extra hour at work to out earn that.

Pretend you're a 30 year old latino female upper management exec at a company employing 500 people earning 75k and you're golden. That gets you into like 90% of all of them.

Been using it for a couple of years now. If you do enough surveys, you can redeem 30,000 GS points on a quarterly basis and a $25 gift card I believe on a monthly basis (could be wrong on that one). They just started doing the gift card some time last year. I just redeemed both yesterday, actually.

Not really worth it unless you have a ton of free time. They pay you in Monopoly money where $75 of e-opinions bucks redeems for $25 gift cards at GameStop. Average survey is for $4 and takes 16-20 minutes. They’re basically paying you like $5 an hour for the most monotonous work possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back