GameStop: Preowned 2 for $10 Sale - Starts 9/30

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
List wont be available till Friday or Saturday. I'm guessing it might be a combination of the games from the 2 previous preowned sales (B1G1 & 50% off sale).

[attachment=339:001.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm generally going to play SP-only, so yeah, I would be. From reviews the story campaign seems decent at least in 2. Is this not the case?
The first game isn't as key to the story as 2/3 are.

::SPOILER:: I just hope you enjoy playing as the villains dickheads! :D/

Picked up:

GoW3

Killzone 3

Modern Warfare 2

Fable 3

My local store hadn't put up the signage for the sale yet, but had a booklet of flyers on the counter. Almost everything on the list they had multiples of, save for a disc-only Umbrella Chronicles which I passed on.

Thinking about getting Crysis 2, can't figure out the difference between the limited edition and regular edition.  Is the weapon skin for the rifle and the hologram decoy attachment just for multi-player?

I really would like to get GOW3 again, but I'm struggling with picking up a second game just to backlog it.  I might cave on Uncharted, I know at some point I'll play through it again since it was such a good game.  I just wish I could find Vanquish and GOW3 at the same store.

I really would like to get GOW3 again, but I'm struggling with picking up a second game just to backlog it. I might cave on Uncharted, I know at some point I'll play through it again since it was such a good game. I just wish I could find Vanquish and GOW3 at the same store.

buy one at one store bring it to the store with the other, return and rebuy

i do it all the time during b2g1

The employee didn't let me buy it
I was trying to get 20 game that came with Manual and original case
So I pick up the 20 games that was listed in the poster
So I told the cashier that I'm going to buy all this game and he didn't let me buy it
And I ask him why he said I need you to leave the store immediately and so I left
I have several hundred dollars on my wallet that I need to spend
The employee was black
So I didn't get to buy any of these games
That we're listed

^You have real issues always posting the same useless insulting crap. And those nonsense bumps to a crappy deal in the other thread. Who bumps a thread every six hours for a deal that isnt amazing or hasnt even started for that matter?

^You have real issues always posting the same useless insulting crap. And those nonsense bumps to a crappy deal in the other thread. Who bumps a thread every six hours for a deal that isnt amazing or hasnt even started for that matter?
Agreed. It's quite irritating.

Side-question - Stellar, what are your thoughts on Soul Sacrifice? I noticed it in your PSN history. I'm considering a purchase, but reviews seems to be mixed.

Just report him, the post is not only the same post, but it's also borderline racist, and makes as much sense as a slidecage post.

I'm guessing he's in need of attention.

On topic: haven't had a chance to check out my local store so maybe I'll head out there today and pick up la noire along with crysis 2 or killzone 3

Agreed. It's quite irritating.

Side-question - Stellar, what are your thoughts on Soul Sacrifice? I noticed it in your PSN history. I'm considering a purchase, but reviews seems to be mixed.
I wont bash the game or say I hate it but its good for what it is. I have not played it all too much but it gets me frustrated not being able to see the enemies health especially when its a boss. I will sit there bashing it for 5 minutes and then out of nowhere it kills me like in one hit. So annoying. Maybe I just suck at a game for once. I would still recommend it for like $15-$20. I didnt get to finish the story and just recently my VITA died or wont work. So I have not gotten around to see if sony will fix it for me for a fee or not. I still plan on playing the game one day. Its worth owning to say the least, they release free stuff and still support the game which is nice.

Went and picked up 4 more.

Uncharted 2 GOTY which looked like a gutted new copy, they put out as used.

Got home and tried the super voucher and it worked which means it probably was.

Rage: Anarchy Edition with unused codes. Looked gutted as well.

Dead Rising 2

and Wet

Thoughts on Rage?

Dead Rising 2

and Wet

Thoughts on Rage?
Loved Rage. Just seemed like to me they ran out of time and slapped an ending on the game though. Seems like it should've been much longer.

I'm happy with my pick-ups. I'm not sure if Borderlands is GOTY, but I picked that one up. I was happy that all had their manuals, original cases, and most were in immaculate condition.

I got all for 360:
Borderlands (GOTY)

Bioshock 2

Mass Effect 2

Resident Evil 5

So anyone have thoughts on dead rising 2 vs dead rising 2: off the record, before I pull the trigger?

5 bucks is a steal but I wanna make sure I'm not getting a lesser experience. Help?
As a fan of the series I love both, but just get Dead Rising 2. It's technically better since it's not plagued by the slowdown or constant (sometimes game breaking) glitches that Off the Record has. Besides, it'll probably be a while before OtR is that cheap, so just have fun with 2 in the mean time.

First Day: Resident Evil 5 & World at War- Display Black Boxes- Went in the back to get original cases was surprised and pleased

Second Day: Crysis 2 Limited Edition, Dante's Inferno (Black Display :/), The Saboteur, and Blaz Blue Contiuum Shift... EXTEND. Awesome. Employee gave me wrong disc.

limited edition was a code thay came with the game
So they are voucher codes, but do the two items that I mentioned work in single player? I have no intentions of playing multi-player at the moment.

Dead Rising 2

and Wet

Thoughts on Rage?
Oh cool, I didn't know the sale included the Game of the Year Edition of Uncharted 2. I would have settled for the vanilla copy, I think I got most of the GOTYE stuff from Playstation Plus awhile back.

Swung by Gamestop this afternoon  for probably the first time this year...hate the place. Anyway, the 2 for $10 selection was rather small. Picked up Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Bulletstorm. I never finished Bulletstorm a couple of years ago before I traded it, but I remember it being pretty fun. Thought about L.A. Noire, but I remember that game literally putting me to sleep.

Anybody new to PS3 should pick up The first 2 Uncharted games, which are available on this offer. Two really quality games.

One thing I hate about Gamestop is they don't even bother to wipe off the discs. Both discs I received were dirty and nasty.

I traded in Kingdom of Amular: Reckoning PS3 for $8 and gained a 40% trade in credit (30% toward used game purchases + 10% PUR discount).  Used the credit to pick up Crysis 2 and Wet.  Also got 10% discount on those two with PUR.  Ended up gaining $2.20 credit on the deal.

If you have a PUR pro card and a game (or games) that trades in for base $6.50 or more, you can score your 2/$10 games for $0 out of pocket.

I traded in Kingdom of Amular: Reckoning PS3 for $8 and gained a 40% trade in credit (30% toward used game purchases + 10% PUR discount). Used the credit to pick up Crysis 2 and Wet. Also got 10% discount on those two with PUR. Ended up gaining $2.20 credit on the deal.

If you have a PUR pro card and a game (or games) that trades in for base $6.50 or more, you can score your 2/$10 games for $0 out of pocket.
Kingdom of Amular: Reckoning is free if you have ps plus

My backlog was already huge but manageable before CAG, now I don't know what to do.

What is self control? What ever it is I don't have it. :)
$5 for one game that what's some people spend on an every day meal, no biggie. I have games on my shelf that I paid full msrp for that are still wrapped in plastic. Seeing those games just makes me rage. At least now I don't buy anything unless it's $25 or under, GTAV is the exception although because I lack the strength to resist Rockstar games on launch.

$5 for one game that what's some people spend on an every day meal, no biggie. I have games on my shelf that I paid full msrp for that are still wrapped in plastic. Seeing those games just makes me rage. At least now I don't buy anything unless it's $25 or under, GTAV is the exception although because I lack the strength to resist Rockstar games on launch.
I buy games all the time at MSRP but I'm not actually paying that price for it. $15 and below games are hard to resist unless it's a crap game that's not even worth a $1. I love buying games in general, if it's a good price I'll buy it. I have a habit of opening my sealed games, they just annoy me when they aren't open.

These Gamestop deals have been great since mid August.  I feel if you can cut your cost on a game down to 50 cents per hour then you are doing good. 

I typically buy console games at no higher then $30, usually closer to $20 if possible.  Then I play it and flip it at Gamestop or on Ebay.  Maybe I buy 1 or 2 a year at full retail, if it has low replay value I flip it ASAP before the value crashes.  Multi-player games are worth full retail if you plan on playing a lot.  $10 and under is hard to lose on, even without a flip.  $5 and under is a no lose situation.  My sweet spot for Steam is also under $10, load up in the summer sale and play the backlog all year long - best used for GOTY editions with all the DLC included (Saints Row IV, I am looking at you come July 2014!)

I am waiting a year to move to next gen so these Gamestop deals have been great for me to catch up on good current gen titles. 

I got Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box and Golden Sun Dark Dawn (they had to find Professor Layton in a drawer). Just need Professor Layton and the Unwound Future and will have them all so far (will likely just order new sometime seems to go for about 16 from an Amazon seller). Just may need to go to a different Gamestop to get Uncharted 1 and 2 (have 3 from PS+) because the Gamestop I went to had terrible looking cases (one generic and one beaten to heck for Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 1 generic). Want to play this series someday so may go this weekend. I like decent games for 5 bucks even if the condition is questionable (I miss the DS cases but oh well at least I get to play the games for cheap). 

I got Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box and Golden Sun Dark Dawn (they had to find Professor Layton in a drawer). Just need Professor Layton and the Unwound Future and will have them all so far (will likely just order new sometime seems to go for about 16 from an Amazon seller). Just may need to go to a different Gamestop to get Uncharted 1 and 2 (have 3 from PS+) because the Gamestop I went to had terrible looking cases (one generic and one beaten to heck for Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 1 generic). Want to play this series someday so may go this weekend. I like decent games for 5 bucks even if the condition is questionable (I miss the DS cases but oh well at least I get to play the games for cheap).
Do you have The Last Specter? A lot of people seem to forget about it, since it was released at the tail end of the DS and acts as the first in a new prequel trilogy now continued on the 3DS (quite possibly the biggest reason for me wanting one).

Do you have The Last Specter? A lot of people seem to forget about it, since it was released at the tail end of the DS and acts as the first in a new prequel trilogy now continued on the 3DS (quite possibly the biggest reason for me wanting one).
Yup got it from kmart clearance a while back. I've only played Curious village and am almost done with the Miracle Mask (played Curious Village a while back and Miracle Mask was the first I played since then). will likely do the other trilogy then or the last specter so I can be ready for next years Layton Sequel. You should get the 3DS if I remember right they also confirmed the Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton for localization so that will be 2 main games and one crossover in the hopefully near future.

Yup got it from kmart clearance a while back. I've only played Curious village and am almost done with the Miracle Mask (played Curious Village a while back and Miracle Mask was the first I played since then). will likely do the other trilogy then or the last specter so I can be ready for next years Layton Sequel. You should get the 3DS if I remember right they also confirmed the Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton for localization so that will be 2 main games and one crossover in the hopefully near future.

Yeah I'm definitely looking into it, I just don't have that kind of cash to blow right now. I haven't been keeping an eye on cowboom lately, but if XLs ever drop to $99 or less that would be very hard to resist :whistle2:k

Yeah I'm definitely looking into it, I just don't have that kind of cash to blow right now. I haven't been keeping an eye on cowboom lately, but if XLs ever drop to $99 or less that would be very hard to resist :whistle2:k
Haha nice cowboom is how I got my PS Vita....I saw it for around $108 and used a coupon to bring it to $103 or so....only thing is that dang memory card costed a fortune (around $75 at the time for the 32 gig card). The consoles can look pretty nice though...mine has a small scratch on one of the triggers and a small scratch in the upper right of the screen. Good luck on getting that XL it's worth it (I own the Pink/White 3DS XL myself...one of my favorite console purchases so far).

Picked up a number of games to add to my collection. The big find however, was this: PS3 Time Crisis 4, complete with Guncon, for $1.79! Someone had traded it in, and it was just sitting on a shelf.

VM

I take it GameStop trashing the cases for 3DS games is a universal policy now too?
No. It's just that some stores do that to keep a big display case and use more room for other games. My local store has a lot of 3DS games with cases. The display is used for DS games.

I've been to stores that still have cases for used 3DS games in the past week. They didn't have many used titles though.
The one I went to had the 3DS games sharing the same glass case with the NDS games....I think i'm going to hurl. Luckily I already am getting games I want cause I do love my cases and manuals when they're available.

picked up the 1st uncharted [i'd rather start from the beginning] and far cry 2.

wonder how they decide which r part of this deal.

a bunch of 8.99 games like ghostbusters aren't on the list.

seems like there's no rhyme or reason.

bread's done
Back