GameStop: Preowned 2 for $10 Sale - Starts 9/30

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
List wont be available till Friday or Saturday. I'm guessing it might be a combination of the games from the 2 previous preowned sales (B1G1 & 50% off sale).

[attachment=339:001.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP and other Gamestop Employees for posting about this sale. I picked up God of War 3 and Professor Layton and the Curious Village. GOW 3 did have a box, and they actually had all their used copies of it behind the counter. Layton was cart only. They did not have any used DS games in box.

My Gamestop was completely disorganized regarding the sale. No box out and the only mention of it was the flyer on the counter. I didn't look too hard for games, but did see at least one or two on the shelves. Nintendogs, the only DS game I recall also being on the sale, was in the cheap DS game boxes by the front counter.

Also, they actually had Golden Sun in Stock... New for $14.99. It was gutted though, but since people mentioned not being able to find it.

I was surprised to see Golden Sun is becoming harder and harder to find in my area. On 09/29, all stores in my area had it. Today, as of 1100 hours, several showed being OOS.

I know it's very anecdotal and based on the GS site, but the point is don't wait! At that price, what have you got to lose?
LOL it is a practice in self-control!

I figure I'll swing in and pick up some stuff later this week. I finished paying off Pokemon X and Y earlier today, so time to see what I got left to trade.

Well sadly I limited myself to Golden Sun, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars and Dante's Inferno.  I say sadly because I spent way more on Wii games with the B2G1.

Meh. Not as good as their buy 3 for $10 sale recently. I am interested in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn though. I normally see it go for around $10. Any other game I might want to pick up? There are a few that spark my interest, but I'm sure many of them will go down in price during the future.

Edit: Just realized that Ghost Recon Shadow Wars was on the list. Definitely picking that up!

Went in tonight and bought Deus Ex and Dance Central for 360. Deus Ex was actually converted from new to pre-owned, and Dance Central was complete and included the calibration card along with the manual, which the GS employee said I needed to play the game. Also found a copy of Alpha Protocol for 360, which I had been looking for since the last two sales. That one isn't on the two for $10, but it was only $4.99. I found a complete Crysis 2 for PS3, but I couldn't find another game, so I left it. After using $13.01 left on a Visa gift card, I only spent $2 and some change.

Bought: 

Tomb Raider Underworld (to add to collection)

Dynasty Warriors 6 (to play and trade/sell)

Uncharted 1 (to add to collection)

Uncharted 2 (to add to collection)

I got enslaved, white knight chronicles, mvc 3 and dantes inferno. the reason most DS games come with no cases is because the mass majority are traded in without cases in my experience. half the time its a parent coming in with a little kid and you're lucky if the game still has a sticker on the front.

I got enslaved, white knight chronicles, mvc 3 and dantes inferno. the reason most DS games come with no cases is because the mass majority are traded in without cases in my experience. half the time its a parent coming in with a little kid and you're lucky if the game still has a sticker on the front.
It's because the stores were ordered to trash all the DS cases for used games.

Picked up Dante's Inferno and Dead Rising 2 for PS3 on the way to work today... From what I've read, both are steals at that price.  Other than those... nothing I don't have already that's worth picking up.

Can't say it's a good flip, eBay has $9.99 LN BIN.

Good for moving credit to cash I guess.
Yeah, I agree. Played it today and while I really love the concept of the Dynasty Warriors series, I can't get into the gameplay. Well, I look at it like this - I paid $9.81 (after tax) for this and Tomb Raider U and I'll trade DW6 in for $9 at Best Buy tomorrow night when I go to pick up NBA 2k14 so it's like I got TRU for $0.81 cents so I won't complain.

Picked up Dante's Inferno and Uncharted for PS3 (greatest hits, disc only). Crysis 2 LE for PS3 was tempting but was undecided on any other games, the bin didn't have many 360 games (the larger bin next to it did but wasn't sure if they were included in the sale without looking at the list). Will have to look again.

I got myself a nice haul: Wet, vanquish, borderlands, crysis 2, rage, soul calibur, RE umbrella chronicles, and Forza 3. All complete, and all at the same GameStop too. I'm used to having to drive across the county for these sales

Not sure if I might have missed it or not, but has anyone checked to see if the recent 25% off coupon is stacking with this sale? Longshot I know, since it didn't stack with the 50% sale, but might be worth a shot.

That was the 50% off list that ended yesterday.
Thanks that's it, I was in the wrong thread thinking I was looking at the newly posted list for the 2 for 10 a day after this thread started. Now it makes sense has I was a little surprised at the idea of GameStop of all places letting go of some games that are 18 or 25 for 5.

I went yesterday morning.. didn't have any of the 360 games on that list, so I picked up

God of War 3

God of War Collection

Killzone 3

Rage

Uncharted

Uncharted 2

All the games were complete, covers/manuals.. which is surprising since this IS Gamestop. I'm happy with with the $32 I spent.

Went in yesterday and picked up

Wet
LA Noire
Singularity
Dante's Inferno

All complete for $18. Hopefully Singularity is as good as everyone says it is

I went on spending overdrive during the 3 for $10 sale, but only managed to pick up I think three titles during the 50% off sale since I didn't really have an opportunity to leave the Franklin area. And I tried nabbing Jericho at one only for the guy to realize they had no disc... lol

This sale is a bit lackluster in comparison, but I might bite on Wet and Venetica if I can find them.

I got L.A. Noire, Wet, Forza 3, Enslaved, ODST, New Vegas, Borderlands and Deus Ex. My Deus Ex actually came as new they girl just opened it before she gave it to me. Trying to find RE:5 and Rage somewhere to finish off what I want.

The Gamestop I went to today didn't have Test Drive or Vanquish, so I might check another later in the week. I ended up getting for 360:

Fallout New Vegas

Borderlands

Forza 3

Bioshock 2

I also used the $3 off coupon from that Android game to get Fallout 3 for $2. The guy was nice enough to get the best cases they had for each game so he will get a good rating in the survey.

Picked up :wii: Endless Ocean and :ds: Golden Sun. Looks like I'm done with the sale after picking up Afro Samurai, CoD:W@W, Dante's Inferno, Killzone 3, Wet, and Wario Land yesterday. Time to save up for the next used game sale. Thanks OP.

Decided to pick up Dead Rising 2 and Dante's Inferno. Luckily I was able to get the Zombrex Steelbook for Dead Rising 2 with the bonus disc included!

Picked up Wet and LA Noire yesterday, was pretty surprised to see a lot of games already gone. Went to 3 different Gamestops before I found one with both in stock.

qp3s7b.jpg

too bad i couldnt get some others CIB. nice that the powerup kicks in to save 2 bucks xD

List is meh.  Thanks for posting.  I think for now I'm done with these sales.  Waiting for a B2G1 on new games ... come on, one retailer needs to do this pretty soon ...

Picked up

:3DS: Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars - cart only

:pS3: L.A. Noire

:Wii: Boom Blox Bash Party - no manual

:Wii: Wario Land: Shake It

Also ended up switching the Boom Blox to a generic case since the one it came in wouldn't close.

Bought some meh games because I already own all the good ones on the list. All of these are complete with cover art and manual except Professor Layton, which I already have the art and manual for. I specifically hit of GS stores that I knew kept some 3DS and DS cases.

Cabelas Alaskan adventures

Cabelas Dangerous hunts 09

Vanquish

Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows pt 1

DS

Drawn to Life Spongebob

Wall-E

Professor Layton and the Curious village

3DS

Ghost recon shadow Wars

Also bought a new sealed Ghost Recon Future Soldier Signature Edition for $8.99.

Bought some meh games because I already own all the good ones on the list. All of these are complete with cover art and manual except Professor Layton, which I already have the art and manual for. I specifically hit of GS stores that I knew kept some 3DS and DS cases.

Cabelas Alaskan adventures
Cabelas Dangerous hunts 09
Vanquish
Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows pt 1

DS
Drawn to Life Spongebob
Wall-E
Professor Layton and the Curious village

3DS
Ghost recon shadow Wars

Also bought a new sealed Ghost Recon Future Soldier Signature Edition for $8.99.

Professor Layton is one of my all time favorite series, and Vanquish is fantastic! Those two at least are far from meh :)

Wait, you like Professor Layton?!

Vanquish is quite good too. It's like a mix between Bayonetta and the combat in Mass Effect.

Yep, shocker I'm sure ;)

The Bayonetta similarities make since, as they were both developed by Platinum.

MvC3 PS3

GoW3 PS3

Kill Zone 3 PS3

Fifa Soccer 11 PS3

UFC 2010 360

Prof Layton Diabolical DS

My to get list.

My local gamestop has dead rising 2 (with an actual box and manual, no less) but I'm wondering if I should skip it in favor of that "off the record" version? I've never played either so I'm not sure. Can anyone comment on whether off the record is worth it, or if I should plunk down the 5 bucks for the original?

Picked up Fallout New Vegas pristine box with manual and Pilotwing Resort which to my surprise actually had the case,manual AND Nintendo points were not redeemed! 

Found a few games on that list, need to narrow it down to 2.

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger

Blazblue: Continuum Shift

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Dead Rising 2

Already beat DR2 but wouldn't mind owning it. Never played Blazblue games. What do you guys think I should get?

Found a few games on that list, need to narrow it down to 2.

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger

Blazblue: Continuum Shift

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Dead Rising 2

Already beat DR2 but wouldn't mind owning it. Never played Blazblue games. What do you guys think I should get?
I vote for MvC3 for no other reason than because of how much fan service it has. I mean, how many games let you pit Wolverine and Leon Kennedy against each other :twoguns: :bomb: :whee:

I can't say I know anything about fighting games though, so you probably will want someone else's opinion on this ^_~

bread's done
Back