Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='barrit']I'm a PUR member, but I don't have that coupon in my Active Offers. :([/QUOTE]

same here - just checked.

You would think a program that uses an active card would utilize that technology. More then half their subs don't get the coupon or don't even know about the promo, then again that might be intended?

[quote name='Unseen77']You would think a program that uses an active card would utilize that technology. More then half their subs don't get the coupon or don't even know about the promo, then again that might be intended?[/QUOTE]

Exactly why they do it. That's why they pissed me off to no end when they pulled this crap with that PS3 coupon I didn't renew because of that. I see they are continuing this tactic, makes it real easy to stay away from them. This isn't a sweepstakes or something, its just a sale and you do not cut out your paying members from deals like that.

No coupon for me.

[quote name='ponn01']OH HEY! Look GS is doing another incredibly ridiculous and unfair random coupon again screwing over paid PUR members. Isn't that sweet of them.[/QUOTE]

Agreed... Now it just pisses me off that I recently started my lapsed Pro account again. I had been burned by GS a bunch of times in the past, so I gave up on the program, but some nice guy in the store talked me into it again.

[quote name='argyle']Someone's gonna have to test this & report back. I'd do it myself if I wasn't working all day today.[/QUOTE]
Yes please I'd like to know too.

[quote name='midloo']No coupon for me.

Agreed... Now it just pisses me off that I recently started my lapsed Pro account again. I had been burned by GS a bunch of times in the past, so I gave up on the program, but some nice guy in the store talked me into it again.[/QUOTE]

*insert Memento picture*

Don't fall for his lies.

I'm not sure if ICO/SoTC will hit 9.99 but i'm sure someone will have GoW Saga for $20 and the others on sale so have patience. I think some of these "sales" like this are testing the water for bigger sales. This may even be promoted by Sony behind the scenes testing to see if a wider sale for the holidays would work. They aren't dropping the price on the PS3 or new super slim but this would get people to start a collection with new purchases. They are trying to push the whole content over price drop thing right now.

Expired pro member as of August and I see the offer in their iPhone app. Feels like a good way to spend the remainder of my GS credit.

[quote name='daminion']Expired pro member as of August and I see the offer in their iPhone app. Feels like a good way to spend the remainder of my GS credit.[/QUOTE]

Would it show up on the Android app?

[quote name='RoninChaos']Prime is most definitely not a scam if you order a lot of stuff from amazon and want it quickly.[/QUOTE]

Especially Student Prime. It's video library is not as robust as netflix but i can live with it as a bonus and getting rid of that expense every month.

And I don't have to put up with random shit I paid for.

"Sorry, this order didn't qualify for free Two-day shipping this time. Try again!"

Wow... I was thinking of grabbing a PUR card and activating it today just to get Ratchet, but if it's random like people are saying, what's the point?

With another friend I am in for:

Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
God of War Saga
Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
Ratchet and Clank Collection
Killzone Trilogy

Going to trade in Uncharted 1/2, both inFamous games, all 3 God of War games, and both Killzone games and friend is paying the rest. Thanks OP for the info!

Thanks for the heads up OP. Sounds like this would be an ideal time to cop Journey and R&C Collection. :) Already have the other games I care about in one form or another but still a pretty nice price for those 2.

EDIT: Oh well nvm, just saw the 1st post and didn't get to the part about having to be a PUR member and then even worse that it seems only a few members are getting the coupon. :whistle2:( Ugh, this is why I never shop at GS unless they actually have a legit deal better than anywhere else...and most of the time I'll just take the promo to Best Buy to get a price match anyway. :razz:

[quote name='RoninChaos']Prime is most definitely not a scam if you order a lot of stuff from amazon and want it quickly.[/QUOTE]

Especially when you have family members to split the cost with. $17 a year for prime and Amazon video on demand.....what a scam!

[quote name='roedaniel19']Maybe they haven't rolled them all out yet? Fingers crossed...[/QUOTE]

HAHA, boy this sounds familiar. Don't hold your breath.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Wow... I was thinking of grabbing a PUR card and activating it today just to get Ratchet, but if it's random like people are saying, what's the point?[/QUOTE]

Same situation here

Just got back from gamestop, did jot get a coupon and manager didn't know amyhing about the sale. I tried to ring up journey ce but it was full price with and without my PUR pro card. Manager looked through memos and emails but didn't see anyway hing about sale. Maybe its regional? Marietta,GA here

[quote name='shadowkast']Especially when you have family members to split the cost with. $17 a year for prime and Amazon video on demand.....what a scam![/QUOTE]

Prime is not a scam, but Amazon sure treats their non-Prime customers like second-rate customers. I often don't receive my pre-ordered games until a week after release. Luckily Newegg and BB have stepped up to the plate lately with their credit deals. I used to love Amazon, and they have good customer service but their price competitiveness has gone down the drain.

[quote name='mewman13']Just got back from gamestop, did jot get a coupon and manager didn't know amyhing about the sale. I tried to ring up journey ce but it was full price with and without my PUR pro card. Manager looked through memos and emails but didn't see anyway hing about sale. Maybe its regional? Marietta,GA here[/QUOTE]

Thanks, sounds like you've saved me a trip. Oh well, like others have said I expect most if not all of these games to be on sale during BF weekend, so I can wait.

[quote name='mewman13']Just got back from gamestop, did jot get a coupon and manager didn't know amyhing about the sale. I tried to ring up journey ce but it was full price with and without my PUR pro card. Manager looked through memos and emails but didn't see anyway hing about sale. Maybe its regional? Marietta,GA here[/QUOTE]

I read that as if a moose typed it.

Anyway, I just checked the Android app, and nada.

Valdosta, Ga area here, pro member since it started, no coupon.

I completely agree. At least this is the case for me. And since I have college email, i get it for alot cheaper.

Thanks for sharing. I was gonna go to my Gamestop near me today and try, but if you and others are having no luck without the coupon, then I can at least save on gas and not even bother going.

Ymmv but I walked in as the guy opened told him I was a PUR member forgot my email he pulled up his email and auto adjusted them :) killzone trilogy, jak and daxter, journey, and RaC trilogy for 63 bucks is amazing!

[quote name='Nintendonly']Does BJ's comp GameStop coupons?[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't think BJ's does price matching, but I could be wrong. Very rarely have I found them to be a good source for gaming deals, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. I think I found (several years ago) Deus Ex (the original PC game) for $5 in the bargain bin.

They do usually have decent sales on blu-rays and DVDs but it appears to be extremely YMMV and completely dependent on your effort in sifting through pallets for the "good" ones.

Where did it come from that you have to be a pro member when over at Gaf they say it is for any member with a card... Pro or Free...

So i got "Ready for Pickup" emails for Jak and Ratchet, but no coupon showed up. Debating whether or not its worth going in there and acting dumb.

Definitely seems regional. I'm in TN, PUR Pro, and no coupon. Goes along with the GA CAGs that haven't gotten it. Where are the people located that HAVE gotten the coupon?

Guess I'll keep checking back to see if I get the coupon but right now I have nothing under Active Offers. Come on Gamestop, let me give you my money.

@ Those of you who got the coupon, can you screencap it for us so we can at least try to get in on the deal? I've managed to use my cousin's coupons in the past.

bread's done
Back