Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
No offer for me. Why do you enjoy tormenting me, O mighty GameStop? I buy lots of games from you, yet still I fail to earn your favor while you give it freely to others far less worthy. Have I displeased you in some way, O mighty GameStop? If so please show me where I have faltered, and I shall repent and try to do better by you.

No active offers for me/no email about coupon. Too bad, was hoping to finally have a chance to play Ico and wanted to check out the extras on the Journey collection (since I already own Flower and Journey I'm not sure I want to spend full price on that game but I can kind of justify $15 for fl0w and the extras), but I guess I'll keep waiting.

[quote name='Nintendonly']@ Those of you who got the coupon, can you screencap it for us so we can at least try to get in on the deal? I've managed to use my cousin's coupons in the past.[/QUOTE]

The coupons are unique to each person, so no one is going to screencap the actual coupon.

I went to the Gamestop closet to me that had Ratchet and Clank Collection in stock. Nothing happened when they scanned my free PUR membership card, and the Gamestop employee himself didn't get any memo or active offer on his personal account. He told me it probably was sent out to people based off of recent purchases.

If it's not listed under active offers for you, don't bother wasting your time and fuel.

jack_nicholson_approve_gif.gif

Killzone, Ratchet, and Jak and Daxter here i come.

Since the sale doesn't end until the 14th, I'm hoping there's still time for those of us who haven't received the offer.

[quote name='jer7583']
Killzone, Ratchet, and Jak and Daxter here i come.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that was my plan until I didn't get the coupon. This is really lame.

[quote name='Tax']Since the sale doesn't end until the 14th, I'm hoping there's still time for those of us who haven't received the offer.[/QUOTE]

You may want to pre-buy some of the games you want then and leave them sealed for now. All the HD collections are low stock in my area and if you do eventually receive the offer, there may not be any left.

Would you be able to order at a Gamestop using your coupons on any item that's currently out of stock?

[quote name='barrit']The coupons are unique to each person, so no one is going to screencap the actual coupon.[/QUOTE]

Does it actually say the person's name? I don't recall that being the case.

[quote name='Tax']Since the sale doesn't end until the 14th, I'm hoping there's still time for those of us who haven't received the offer.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine some people getting them soon while others are getting them later. I'm guessing if you didn't get it, you're not getting it.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Does it actually say the person's name? I don't recall that being the case.[/QUOTE]

Probably means that they have a unique serial number, just like any coupon you redeem.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Does it actually say the person's name? I don't recall that being the case.[/QUOTE]

I think the issue is that it generates a unique UPC/code specific to the PUR account.

[quote name='Bosamba']You may want to pre-buy some of the games you want then and leave them sealed for now. All the HD collections are low stock in my area and if you do eventually receive the offer, there may not be any left.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice - I just checked the availability of the games I'm interested in, and they're all well stocked at the GameStops in my area. I'll just sit back and wait to see if I receive the coupon.

What Vinny said. In the first few pages of this thread, people compared the last 4 digits of their coupons and they were all different from each other. It's not a universal coupon code or anything.

[quote name='Vinny']I can't imagine some people getting them soon while others are getting them later. I'm guessing if you didn't get it, you're not getting it.

[/QUOTE]

Aw, don't crush my hopes!

boooooo I didn't get one either. I'm a paid member and have purchased plenty of PS3 games at GS. Anybody have one they don't plan to use?

[quote name='barrit']What Vinny said. In the first few pages of this thread, people compared the last 4 digits of their coupons and they were all different from each other. It's not a universal coupon code or anything.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I've managed to use my cousin's coupons, so it shouldn't matter.

[quote name='Tax']Aw, don't crush my hopes![/QUOTE]

The longer you keep your hopes up, the more devastating it is when you're ultimately let down.:lol:

[quote name='LD_Helix']Damn no coupon on my PUR account, why is this only exclusive to certain members?[/QUOTE]

I think it might be regional? I'm in IL and I saw a few posts from NJ and AL saying they didn't get it either. For those of you who got it, where are you guys?

I just had the guy manually give me 50% off after he read the company email but I guess ymmv on that? I mean the guy wanted my money and didn't want to turn me away.

[quote name='Vinny']The longer you keep your hopes up, the more devastating it is when you're ultimately let down.:lol:

I think it might be regional? I'm in IL and I saw a few posts from NJ and AL saying they didn't get it either. For those of you who got it, where are you guys?[/QUOTE]

Orlando, FL

[quote name='LD_Helix']Damn no coupon on my PUR account, why is this only exclusive to certain members?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, it's odd. Unless it's a way to try to get less active members to buy more?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the amount of rewards you've ever accumulated. I trade in more games than I buy from there, and have been a PUR Pro member since the start, and no coupon for me. I've accumulated a little over 30k total points there, which I don't think is really high, but not very low either. Who knows.. I hope I get the coupon though. If not, then I'll hang on to my credit and hope for some good Black Friday deals.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Yeah, and I've managed to use my cousin's coupons, so it shouldn't matter.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but my point is if a person wants to use their coupon, they aren't going to give it to you or else they won't get to use it themselves. I didn't mean that particular person is the only one who can redeem it.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Yeah, and I've managed to use my cousin's coupons, so it shouldn't matter.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but my point is if a person wants to use their coupon, they aren't going to give it to you or else they won't get to use it themselves. I didn't mean that particular person is the only one who can redeem it.

Could somebody please upload that .pdf so we can at least attempt to use the coupon? If it doesn't list a name, then everything should be fine. The worst that could happen is the cashier would have to manually make the price change.

Journey is tempting but I'm 99% certain that it's going to be made available to playstation plus sometime soon.

[quote name='barrit']Yes, but my point is if a person wants to use their coupon, they aren't going to give it to you or else they won't get to use it themselves. I didn't mean that particular person is the only one who can redeem it.[/QUOTE]

Clearly, I am asking for one that has already been used.

EDIT: And not just for me, but for the rest of the CAG community.

My assessment to as why I received a coupon is because I bought a PS3 Superslim last month during the 100% trade-in and it would make sense for them to want to promote Sony published titles after that purchase. If any others who got the coupon also purchased a PS3 recently that may be the reason for the triggering of this offer.

Now I'm not saying that they shouldn't have sent it to all PUR members but that's how I'm viewing it as to why some got it and others don't.

[quote name='new1']I just had the guy manually give me 50% off after he read the company email but I guess ymmv on that? I mean the guy wanted my money and didn't want to turn me away.[/QUOTE]
So maybe we should call ahead to see if this deal is live at our gamestop, I'm gonna do that now.

[quote name='boogie4114']My assessment to as why I received a coupon is because I bought a PS3 Superslim last month during the 100% trade-in and it would make sense for them to want to promote Sony published titles after that purchase. If any others who got the coupon also purchased a PS3 recently that may be the reason for the triggering of this offer.[/QUOTE]

Use it up, and if you are willing, upload that .pdf for CAG users to try to use.

Worst case scenario: coupon doesn't go through; associate has to manually do price adjustment.

This is definitely not a promo for less active member to buy more. I'm the free member that hasn't bought anything in 6 months and didn't have an offer. =(

Power up rewards member: PRO
Went to store, Coupon works. The guy was like woa where did you get that. even he didn't believe Gamestop had a legitimate sale.
The 50% extra trade in value stole the show for me though. I was stunned how much credit I got for my old ass games. thanks Cags!

168_0441.jpg

[quote name='Mason202']Location: Baltimore MD
Power up rewards member: PRO
Went to store, Coupon works. The guy was like woa where did you get that. even he didn't believe Gamestop had a legitimate sale.
The 50% extra trade in value stole the show for me though. I was stunned how much credit I got for my old ass games. thanks Cags!

168_0441.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Are you willing to upload the .pdf file for us to use?

[quote name='boogie4114']My assessment to as why I received a coupon is because I bought a PS3 Superslim last month during the 100% trade-in and it would make sense for them to want to promote Sony published titles after that purchase. If any others who got the coupon also purchased a PS3 recently that may be the reason for the triggering of this offer.

Now I'm not saying that they shouldn't have sent it to all PUR members but that's how I'm viewing it as to why some got it and others don't.[/QUOTE]

I too got a superslim during the 100% trade in and I got a coupon. If region matters to anyone I'm in Wyoming (yes no joke) :booty:

I will have a few friends check their accounts and report back when I hear from them. They didn't get a superslim console.

[quote name='kart007k']I completely agree. At least this is the case for me. And since I have college email, i get it for alot cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I got a renewal notice yesterday... they are actually verifying that you are in fact a real student now (have to upload your dated grades, transcript, ID, or some other options)

[quote name='Brother Daz']No coupon for me either (CO) I'm a pro member and have been for years (edge)[/QUOTE]

I totally heard Vincent's voice when I read that part.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Use it up, and if you are willing, upload that .pdf for CAG users to try to use.

Worst case scenario: coupon doesn't go through; associate has to manually do price adjustment.[/QUOTE]

^^^^This^^^^

[quote name='barrit']I don't know, it's odd. Unless it's a way to try to get less active members to buy more?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the amount of rewards you've ever accumulated. I trade in more games than I buy from there, and have been a PUR Pro member since the start, and no coupon for me. I've accumulated a little over 30k total points there, which I don't think is really high, but not very low either. Who knows.. I hope I get the coupon though. If not, then I'll hang on to my credit and hope for some good Black Friday deals.[/QUOTE]

I'm a PUR pro and have over 40k points so I dont think points and membership status is the issue, on the other hand I rarely buy from gamestop anymore, unless its a really good deal, Best Buy and Amazon took all my pre-orders for the last few years. Maybe its punishment for that.

You know, things might get done if we just find a CAG user who is cool enough to upload the .pdf of the coupon for us instead of going all "F*** GameStop".

[quote name='ferris182']I am a paid PUR member and didn't get a coupon.

Is this just random?

WTF?[/QUOTE]
Random or Regional, we really dont know.

I seriously dout The Coupon will work twice. It has been removed from my active offers page, and the clerk put it in the system when i gave it to him. Pretty sure it's tied to my account.

bread's done
Back