GameStop PUR Offers 11/10: SOTW $10 off a preowned game for 6,000 points, $50 extra TIV on X1/PS4 console trade-in

MetalSlugger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
New Steal of the Week for 11/10-11/16 is $10 off a preowned game for 6,000 points, valid 11/10-11/30:

Also, they are apparently adding in rotating $50 offers for PUR Pro members.  This month's special is $50 extra TIV on a X1/PS4 console trade-in through 11/30.  The offers show up in your Active Offers section on the PUR site/app.

Upcoming deals: n/a for now

Last edited by a moderator:
correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a 25% off ONE preowned game a couple weeks ago for 8,000 pts?    If this one is going to be 10,000 pts, it better be more than one!!!

I have a B2G1 coupon for renewing my Pro Rewards subscription. What PS4 games should I get with it?

I'm getting the Destiny PS4 bundle tonight. I was thinking Diablo and Infamous but was having trouble coming up with another game. I also saw that Infamous is like $30 most places so it might not be worth it getting it with this coupon.

I noticed that too, but I believe the dates on these banners more since they actually say the date on it.

attachicon.gif
sotw_091514_home.jpg

attachicon.gif
sotw_092214_home.jpg
Interesting, I agree that I like your banner better. I guess we will see when the coupons go live.

I have a B2G1 coupon for renewing my Pro Rewards subscription. What PS4 games should I get with it?

I'm getting the Destiny PS4 bundle tonight. I was thinking Diablo and Infamous but was having trouble coming up with another game. I also saw that Infamous is like $30 most places so it might not be worth it getting it with this coupon.
Good luck finding Diablo preowned!

That Buy 2 Get 2 on WIi and DS games sounds like a pretty good deal... I guess I will try to get a Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Trilogy, and MP9 for around $100...

So the banner is finally up and it says 13,000 points...I guess that's the price.  Was this coupon available before for 10,000 points and they got lazy?

The B2G1 sotw coupon lets you buy three relatively new games for $100+tax and trade them into best buy for $130 (this week with 50% bonus).  Good games are Diablo 3 UE for ps4/xbone, Madden 15 for any platform, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3d World Wii U, and tales of Xillia 2 PS3 - all are $27 TIVs at BB, all are $50 used at BB.  YMMV on whether any local gamestops have used copies of any of those games though, as they are all relatively new and high demand.

A birthday coupon would be useless if all three games are the same price, since it'll just discount the free game.  You COULD try something clever like Madden 15 for $49.90 and two copies of Sniper Elite III for $40.49, it should discount Madden to $39.60 and then make it the free game bringing your total to $81+tax and trading in for $123 at Best Buy.  But I am not 100% sure if that will work or not, usually the birthday gets applied before SOTW coupons so it should.

Anyone that is interested in this coupon should just buy a Pro renewal for 15K points

Edit: & buy it now since it takes a couple of days for the coupon to appear under your offers

Got an amazing deal

Trade in last of us for 27.50

Picked up 3 hard to find used games

Madden 15
Diablo 3
Metro redux

Used birthday coupon and b2g1

67.80 out the door

Anyone that is interested in this coupon should just buy a Pro renewal for 15K points
Edit: & buy it now since it takes a couple of days for the coupon to appear under your offers
This guy gets it. Spend 2 thousand more points and extend your powerup rewards account for a year. The buy 2 get 1 free coupon will also cover a longer period of time.

You COULD try something clever like Madden 15 for $49.90 and two copies of Sniper Elite III for $40.49, it should discount Madden to $39.60 and then make it the free game bringing your total to $81+tax and trading in for $123 at Best Buy.
I'm planning to do this myself , wasn't going to mention it till tomorrow because bestbuy is a drive for me and I'm getting the destiny bundle . I just gotta hope sniper elite holds on till tomorrow .

Hey, here's a quick non SOTW PUR  coupon question.  For some of you folks out there who have done the stack of $50/$25/$10 off one item coupons, do you know what the actual wording on the coupon states in regards to combining them together?  I notice on the PUR page it says "Coupon valid toward purchase of single in-store and in-stock item only.  Coupon can only be redeemed once and is applied to the highest retail value item on transaction.  No cash back.  Not valid with any other offer.  See store for details. Selection varies by store.  Not valid towards downloadable content, gift cards, reservations or POSA cards.  Not redeemable for cash.  Offer valid in US and Puerto Rico.  Maximum 3 coupons per day, per member.  One coupon per transaction

But I've also seen the wording be different on the bottom of the coupon once you print it out.  I would like to maybe try this deal to burn a big chunk of PUR points on the Destiny bundle, but I am worried the Jr Detectives at the store are going to try to shoot me down.  The "Maximu 3 coupons per day, per member" is kind of confusing.  Are they talking about purchases?

Anyway, if anyway can give me some knowledge/words of advice on how you pull this deal off, it will probably push me over the edge to grab the PS4 bundle.  Otherwise, I'll probably just keep the credit for gas cards and flipping to BB.

Where do you find Madden 15 for 49.90 or Sniper Elite III for 40.49? I see gamestop.com listing them as 54.99 & 44.99 used?

Or is this using PUR and then trading in with GCU?

[quote name="2014CAGnewbie" post="12076640" timestamp="1410203074"]Where do you find Madden 15 for 49.90 or Sniper Elite III for 40.49? I see gamestop.com listing them as 54.99 & 44.99 used?

Or is this using PUR and then trading in with GCU?[/quote]2014CAGnewbie

Hey, here's a quick non SOTW PUR coupon question. For some of you folks out there who have done the stack of $50/$25/$10 off one item coupons, do you know what the actual wording on the coupon states in regards to combining them together? I notice on the PUR page it says "Coupon valid toward purchase of single in-store and in-stock item only. Coupon can only be redeemed once and is applied to the highest retail value item on transaction. No cash back. Not valid with any other offer. See store for details. Selection varies by store. Not valid towards downloadable content, gift cards, reservations or POSA cards. Not redeemable for cash. Offer valid in US and Puerto Rico. Maximum 3 coupons per day, per member. One coupon per transaction

But I've also seen the wording be different on the bottom of the coupon once you print it out. I would like to maybe try this deal to burn a big chunk of PUR points on the Destiny bundle, but I am worried the Jr Detectives at the store are going to try to shoot me down. The "Maximu 3 coupons per day, per member" is kind of confusing. Are they talking about purchases?

Anyway, if anyway can give me some knowledge/words of advice on how you pull this deal off, it will probably push me over the edge to grab the PS4 bundle. Otherwise, I'll probably just keep the credit for gas cards and flipping to BB.
Typically, what the last two comments mean is that you can use 3 coupons per day but only one per transactions. So what I'd interpret both conditions to mean is that you can use 3 coupons, one on each (of 3) transaction(s) per day.

However, if you have a cool rep like I have at a few of my GS's, they'll let me stack as many as the computer will take. I'm planning to use the $50/25/10 any purchase stack tomorrow also on my paid off Destiny bundle to get some credit back. Then of course, use the $25/10 double dip then $10 for the triple dip Not sure if I'll have to do a return/rebuy but I'll make sure my rep knows about the coupons before he starts ringing it up.

man, at 10,000 points I probably would have bought this to move some credit to BB, but 13,000 seems a little steep when I can just extend my PUR for another year for 2K more...

Is there a limit when you can renew PUR membership? I just renewed it a week or two ago....Just curious if there is a set amount you can renew in advance.

Is there a limit when you can renew PUR membership? I just renewed it a week or two ago....Just curious if there is a set amount you can renew in advance.
You can renew in advance but I don't know if there's a limit. Last year I used a coupon to add a year on shortly after renewing and it stacked.

Has anyone tried to see if one SOTW coupon would work on 2 sets of 3?
The 13K B2G1 FREE SOTW Coupon is only good for one set of games. So the better way to go turns out to be to renew your pur membership and get the b2g1 coupon that way. Just went to a store and tried 6 games...only 1 was free.

The 13K B2G1 FREE SOTW Coupon is only good for one set of games. So the better way to go turns out to be to renew your pur membership and get the b2g1 coupon that way. Just went to a store and tried 6 games...only 1 was free.
I came in here to report that the same thing happened to me yesterday; I wonder why I didn't see this post the day before. :whistle2:k

Why can you only apply for a PUR membership in-store? I would sign up if I could just do it online, but otherwise I don't know when I'll actually step foot inside a Gamestop. Anybody know if they are planning on offering an option to become a PUR member online anytime soon?

Anyone know if the SOTW this week is the B2G2 free wii ds games or if its the 25% off one preowned game(s)? Went to pur.com and it sais 25% off. When I clicked through it has the banner for the wii/ds games. Hoping its the first one this week.

Anyone know if the SOTW this week is the B2G2 free wii ds games or if its the 25% off one preowned game(s)? Went to pur.com and it sais 25% off. When I clicked through it has the banner for the wii/ds games. Hoping its the first one this week.
Gamestops twitter account says 25%off

Oh ok. Yeah if thats this week I'll skip this week and wait for the next. 25% off 1 game for 10,000 points ain't happening by me. Thanks for the reply though. 

Last WEEK I Bought with b2g1 and birthday coupon for 67.** with a trade in of last of us

Madden 15
Diablo 3 uee
Battlefield 4

Today I returned battlefield 4 to get used Destiny and they let me use the birthday coupon In same transaction to make it all even

Anyone cashing in points for the B2G2 Wii/DS games? Not really sure what's worth getting at this point. Might try to rebuy Skyward Sword. 

Gonna buy one or two of these. Gonna pick up a few of each that passed on few times. Better coupon this week than last couple weeks. 

What is everyone getting with their B2G2 coupons to maximize the value?  Xenoblade? Fire Emblem? Are there any DS games worth getting to add to the backlog to max this coupon out?

bread's done
Back