Gamestop - Trade 2 from specified list and get NEW from list for $19.99 ***DEAD***

AJRogers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Trade in two games from the list on this flyer, and get a new game from the list for $19.99 or $9.99

Gamestop is extending the Deal, posted by JohnLa101
[quote name='JohnLa101']Just a heads up, turns out they are extending this deal to 11/23, but with an updated list of eligible trades and the games you can get. Noteworthy mentions are Gears 2, LittleBigPlanet, Left 4 Dead, Mirrors Edge and COD: World at War. Sadly, decent trades like Tiger Woods 08 and Burnout Paradise are no longer eligible, but surprisingly Lego Star Wars is still on the list. I got the new flier today from a Gamestop, I have the images too and can post them if anybody could explain how I could do that here.[/quote]

Extended Deal - Expires 11/23

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/23/08
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541265
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541265.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/23/08

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541266
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541266.jpg

Old Deal Ending 11/02

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Games.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Gamelist.jpg

I just got back from picking up my LBP preorder and traded,

:ps3: GTA IV - $12.50 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Burnout Paradise - $8.00 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Cabela's Alaskan hunt 360 - $4.75 - No deal, not on list

And received Saints Row 2 for $19.99

I'll be going back tomorrow with a Halo 3 that I picked up for $9 and Tiger Woods 08 so I can pick up Midnight Club:LA for $19.99 also. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emg28']I traded in 6 games to GS tonight. The manager, who handled the trade, mentioned that I could pick up Midnight Club:LA for $19.99 using a couple of the games that I was trading in. He quickly showed me a folder that had the both lists of eligable games. I'm not sure if he was mistaken or what nut maybe I should have given it a shot. I figured I can get a used/mint copy for slightly less using Edge/Cellfire and I didn't want MC:LA. Now I see that LBP is on the list. :cry:

Games that I traded in (all $9.99 at BBV):

Spyro Wii
Manhunt 2 Wii
Rockstar Table Tennis Wii
Fear Files 360
Sonic and the Secret Rings Wii
Geometry Wars Wii

All of these games have a TIV between $4 and $7.

*edit* If someone who works at GS can check the folder with all the promos, the lists in the book seemed like it had way more games than the lists on the flyers. Maybe the manager was pulling my chain. :?:[/quote]

Are you saying that all those games you traded in worked for the deal? As I don't see any of them listed in the Wii section. Hmm it does say it ends 11/02/08 at the bottom.

[quote name='Ketsui']Is Resistance still part of the deal you can trade in???[/quote]

It's only on the current list, which is ONLY good until the end of business today. The new list has mainly newer release titles on it, but it did keep Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga for some reason.

[quote name='CaoPi']so the last day is tomorrow for this promotion?[/quote]

[quote name='supreme2']i would like to know this as well[/quote]

It's been extended to the 23rd, I believe, but as mentioned above the list of games they'll accept has changed somewhat. If you can, it'd be better if you do the deal TODAY, since the new list IS a majority of newer titles.

I think I'm going to dump Resistance with a cheap game while I still can today. Besides I bought it used without a manual + my PS3 bundle fell through months ago. Plus with R2 coming out I won't have to wait long before I can snag a brand new copy for cheaper than the one I have now. I only plan on trading the disc so we'll see how this goes.

[quote name='CaoPi']Are you saying that all those games you traded in worked for the deal? As I don't see any of them listed in the Wii section. Hmm it does say it ends 11/02/08 at the bottom.[/quote]

The manager said that "a couple of these qualify" for the promo. Personally, I think he was full of crap.

For what it's worth, I just tried to trade two games from the new list in towards LBP, and the system wasn't accepting it.

The old list should be good through the end of today, and gets replaced by the new list tomorrow through 11/23.

Traded in Ghost Squad and Rapala's Tournament Fishing for GH World Tour. Charged tax on $49.99, so it came out to $14 something.

My Gamestop wasn't using the new list yet either so I went to BBV and got roughly the same I was hoping to get credit wise. I picked up LBP for $25.
I really want to trade some more for Mirror's Edge but I'm not sure.

Meh. It appears this extra WWE '08 is going back to Blockbuster tomorrow. It was the only $10 + change flip I could find but I am glad I got rid of one + Resistance for Fallout. The trades with edge came to $41 but the sales tax ($3.00) is what sort of killed it. A damn shame L4D wasn't on the first list as I would have easily headed right back out to snag another WWE.

Ugh. Back to Target in search of decent fodder.

[quote name='manthing']No go at my local store.

Clerks didn't even know this deal was going on[/quote]

Did you tell them to ring it up and see if it works? That's what I did.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Did you tell them to ring it up and see if it works? That's what I did.[/quote]
So computer automatically does this deal, correct?

The computer is supposed to but on today's trip it didn't and the clerk had to do it manually. Cover your basis and make sure they know about the deal beforehand.

[quote name='CaoPi']so the last day is tomorrow for this promotion?[/quote]

last day to trade from the first list of eligible games. this new flyer took out some good picks to trade in like the old fifa and tiger woods games, csi i think is out of there. Though it still has LSW:TCS on there and that one's cheap with cellfire+EDGE discount.

Just traded:
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (wii) $11.25
Tiger Woods '08 (360) $4

Got Fable 2 for $20...I think this is the first time I have left Gamestop feeling that I got a good deal.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Meh. It appears this extra WWE '08 is going back to Blockbuster tomorrow. It was the only $10 + change flip I could find but I am glad I got rid of one + Resistance for Fallout. The trades with edge came to $41 but the sales tax ($3.00) is what sort of killed it. A damn shame L4D wasn't on the first list as I would have easily headed right back out to snag another WWE.

Ugh. Back to Target in search of decent fodder.[/quote]

For those who did the deal and reluctantly picked one of the current games but wanted another, don't give up just yet. Keep those games sealed and the receipts on hand because I was told by numerous employees that it should 'be no problem' for someone to swap out a game they didn't want for one they wanted, as long as they're in the same price range.

Of course, as with deals like this and others(the B2G1 from TRU where people were buying 'filler' games to swap out for ones they wanted later), your success getting them to swap out the games is YMMV.

If I had some extra cash lying around and you posted that an hour ago I would have totally done that. ;'( The only reason I would have gone back out for L4D is because I already have $15 down on it so the extra game + $5 off preorder bonus would have sealed the deal at $35 - $38 out of pocket. I'm not sure WHY I keep forgetting exchanges for similar priced items are indeed possible. Thanks for reminding me. I might try just that for Skate 2 (1/6/09 release date) + GS's extended return policy for the holidays. Well... provided it lasts that long. >_>

so what are the chances of the old games on the previous list still working as a trade in? seems most of the 08 sport games are now excluded

I went in today at 5:25 (they close at 6pm) with Lego Indiana Jones & Lego SW Complete Saga. When they scanned it, it wouldn't work and they were puzzled. After trying all they could, it either came up $17.98 or $32.93 instead of the $19.99 it should have been. So I basically got Saint's Row 2 for $17.98.

It wasn't going through because their system's clock wasn't set back 1 hour for DST. I figure the computer assumed the store was closed since it was 6:25. I kept my mouth shut and got a discount. :)

[quote name='CaoPi']so what are the chances of the old games on the previous list still working as a trade in? seems most of the 08 sport games are now excluded[/quote]

With the way Gamestop has been updating their system as of late(with their new incremental trade in value drop system in place now), i sincerely doubt you'll be able to sneak those games in tomorrow.

May I ask why you didn't actually go to the store TODAY, while said games were still valid?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']With the way Gamestop has been updating their system as of late(with their new incremental trade in value drop system in place now), i sincerely doubt you'll be able to sneak those games in tomorrow.

May I ask why you didn't actually go to the store TODAY, while said games were still valid?[/quote]

I've been collecting these games myself. I had to unload 2 sets of fifa08 + wwe08 before the deal was off. I kept 2 copies of Lego Star Wars after seeing the new list kept them on.

I hope I can find some better deals soon. I'm not exactly sold on buying GS merch and trading it back to another location, but if all else fails it's my last ditch effort since Cellfire was extended till today.

Even still... the entire process just screams unnecessary risk to me. =\

I can vouch for Fallout. I couldn't keep my hands off of it today and spent 8+ hours playing it. So far it's been a rather solid experience. There's so much to do and explore it's relatively easy to get lost in it. Plus killing Raiders with V.A.T.S. assisted head shots is a disturbingly rewarding experience. The funniest moment being when I accidentally stumbled into a raider camp and managed to cripple one of their females. Once she realized I disabled her arms she suddenly screamed "Please don't kill me!" WHILE reloading her pistol and charging at me seconds before my head shot landed. ;>_>

This game is my new addiction.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I hope I can find some better deals soon. I'm not exactly sold on buying GS merch and trading it back to another location, but if all else fails it's my last ditch effort since Cellfire was extended till today.

Even still... the entire process just screams unnecessary risk to me. =\[/quote]

Oh, but it isn't. For my first trade I only found a Fifa08 at one store, then I went to another and saw :wii:CSI: Hard Evidence for 17.99. The game purchase AND the trade-in promotion were on the SAME receipt. Goes to show they really don't mind you finding a way to get a slight discount to purchase merchandise at THEIR store. BTW, cellfire will continuously renew itself. It hasn't failed for almost 2 months now.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I can vouch for Fallout. I couldn't keep my hands off of it today and spent 8+ hours playing it. So far it's been a rather solid experience. There's so much to do and explore it's relatively easy to get lost in it. Plus killing Raiders with V.A.T.S. assisted head shots is a disturbingly rewarding experience. The funniest moment being when I accidentally stumbled into a raider camp and managed to cripple one of their females. Once she realized I disabled her arms she suddenly screamed "Please don't kill me!" WHILE reloading her pistol and charging at me seconds before my head shot landed. ;>_>

This game is my new addiction.

[quote name='Cindaddy']I second this. I'm only about 4 hours in and I'm taking my time. I'm not even sure I'm going to pick up Gears 2 for a while. I just won't have any time for it.[/quote]

Since you're only 4 hours in beware of the Megaton glitch if you haven't made it there yet. A certain influential character has been known to disappear completely or randomly respawn somewhere on the map after a certain amount of time. Once this happens the likelihood of finding him is slim to none and you NEED him in order to advance in the main story so if this happens boost your Science skill to the level required to hack his computer. You'll get the same result whether or not you find him. Right now I've got to do the same and I had wasted a few in-game days waiting for him. =\

Trust me. If you can't find him and the PB marker has him located north of the school then you've just been glitched my friend. Level up with quests and return when you can hack.

Oh, and Dogmeat can be found in the scrapyard on the way to Moira's Landmine quest. He's toward the northwestern corner of the far end of the yard nearest to the exit. Just curve right once you reach it, you should hear him beasting on about FIVE raiders and so far he's been a welcomed addition to my hunting techniques.

I've heard mixed reviews of his performance so don't let him take on more than you think he can handle alone and save before quests. If done right I've heard he'll grow with your character to clean house as a substantial tank character.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Since you're only 4 hours in beware of the Megaton glitch if you haven't made it there yet. A certain influential character has been known to disappear completely or randomly respawn somewhere on the map after a certain amount of time. Once this happens the likelihood of finding him is slim to none and you NEED him in order to advance in the main story so if this happens boost your Science skill to the level required to hack his computer. You'll get the same result whether or not you find him. Right now I've got to do the same and I had wasted a few in-game days waiting for him. =\
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the glitch, but I believe I've already got the info from his computer, so I'm good. I got the password.

I noticed the new list of acceptable trades stll has Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga. I thought this game became an exclusion during the previous promotion. Guess it doesn't matter anyway. the Gamestops I have been to will override the computer in favor of the promotional flyer. Time to land Animal Crossing.

This was when Burnout worked but traded

Burnout Paradise (360)
Gears of War (360)

and got Fallout 3. If I can find some good flips, I'll try for Gears 2 and Fable 2.

I got to switch out my Midnight Club for Resistance 2 today with a gift receipt. Going to grab Valkyria Chronicles tomorrow by exchanging it with my Fallout 3.

[quote name='J35U5']Traded in 5 cheapo games and got Smackdown and Call of Duty for $30 total. Thanks OP![/quote]

Do share...

Some of the deals don't look bad. But I don't think I would trade in 2 games to save myself $40.

I thought one thing was humorous ... the Wii Fit + Balance Board trade in. Why would you every do that? That is what $80-90 of stuff for only a $20 credit, lol. Come on Gamestop.

I think that this could be okay, if you've only got one of those games on the list, it normally trades under $20, and you want to be rid of it.. Lego Star Wars: TCS costs about $15 after the cellfire coupon, is readily available, and easy to trade back in with your "normal" game to get $20 credit for that one game and basically $5 off the game as well. Games like GTA4 and Lost Oddysey trade for about $12 and sell on Amazon for around $20 before fees and shipping so you're making out quite well in that way.

That's what I did anyway, for a copy of Gears 2 and Saints Row 2.

the new list is a ripoff but this one is actually a decent trade ins are

lost planet PS3 12.99 at gamefly
Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed Wii 12.99 Gamefly
and Star Wars for 360

Heads up on Hollywood Video standalone stores are having a huge sale on some of their 360 and PS3 used product.

I got GTA4 for $7.50 and MGS4 for 12.00 today there, used them for $22 apeice at gamestop for this deal and paid for CoD:WaW. Total of about $40ish for the game then (I used other flip credit for the rest)

[quote name='jer7583']Heads up on Hollywood Video standalone stores are having a huge sale on some of their 360 and PS3 used product.

I got GTA4 for $7.50 and MGS4 for 12.00 today there, used them for $22 apeice at gamestop for this deal and paid for CoD:WaW. Total of about $40ish for the game then (I used other flip credit for the rest)[/quote]

:drool: GS is smart about there games now, goozex with MGS4 is easily worth 1,000 points if you did a trade

I did a search in the thread and can't find any clarification on this. I tried to do this deal today for Left 4 Dead, and the Gamestop people claimed it only works on in-stock games, not preorders. Can anyone confirm this?

They weren't even aware of the deal, so it could be total BS. I really wish Gamestop would really communicate these deals to their staff better. I always dread going into the store because 9 times out of 10, I have to explain the deal to the GS staff. They put a lot of blind faith in the computer systems, which doesn't always work out in your favor when they run so many concurrent promos.

[quote name='misbitski']I did a search in the thread and can't find any clarification on this. I tried to do this deal today for Left 4 Dead, and the Gamestop people claimed it only works on in-stock games, not preorders. Can anyone confirm this?

They weren't even aware of the deal, so it could be total BS. I really wish Gamestop would really communicate these deals to their staff better. I always dread going into the store because 9 times out of 10, I have to explain the deal to the GS staff. They put a lot of blind faith in the computer systems, which doesn't always work out in your favor when they run so many concurrent promos.[/quote]

Clerk tried to tell me the same thing when I tried to preorder Gears 2.

His manager told him to just manually adjust my games to $20($22 w/ EDGE).

LMAO, Its actually TWO WII Fits WITH balance boards soi its actually Like $190 worth of stuff to get a 60 game for $20. Nice!

bread's done
Back